rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

QuantStamp (QSP) - Securing SmartContracts

[Image: quantstamp_li_safe.png]

If Request was the ICO of October then QuantStamp is the ICO of November.

What is QuantStamp?

As described on their website:

"Quantstamp is the first scalable security-audit protocol designed to find vulnerabilities in Ethereum smart contracts. Our team is stellar: PhDs with industry experience, backed by a powerful blockchain industry advisory board."

To put it simply, the protocol is built on the Ethereum blockchain, and provides token incentives for the contribution of verification software (submitted by security experts), validating requests (processed by nodes on the blockchain) and finding bugs that break smart contract codes.

So, you submit the SmartContract to the network, it audits your smart contract in a timely and cost effective manor, and that's it, simple as.

Why QuantStamp?

Unlike other ICO's these guys already have a working prototype of the network that they are already using to audit other ICO's smart contracts.

Request was actually the first smart contract audited by their system.

They have first movers advantage in this space, no one else is doing this and it solves a very real problem so there will be demand for this. There have already been two high profile smart contract hacks, one this year and one last year, so companies will be looking to use something like this to keep smart contract integrity.

How do I get involved with QuantStamp?

Head on over to the website: https://quantstamp.com/

And join the whitelist. You will need a Telegram account and an email address (obviously).

Currently they are in the pre-sale stage which requires you to shill their project in exchange for entry to the pre-sale, they are calling it Proof of Care or POC for short (three guesses why I'm creating this thread right now). If you need any further ideas I recommend doing a blog post, youtube video review or creating and posting memes to their reddit page: https://www.reddit.com/r/Quantstamp/

If you don't want to get in on the Pre-Sale the main sale will be more standard practice and not require the POC.

Any questions please feel free to fire away.

Do they have a working prototype?

*Cold Shower Crew*
*No Fap Crew*
*150+ IQ Crew*

Very good idea. I understand the need to verify contracts to catch problems the compiler does not care about.
But why should I use QuantStamp after the development of the smart contract, if I always use the same contract template for all my customers/business partners?

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote: (10-18-2017 03:37 PM)oilbreh Wrote:  

Do they have a working prototype?

Yep, the full production version seems to be set for around Q3 2018 according to the following roadmap:

[Image: quantstamp-production-phases.png]

Quote: (10-18-2017 03:43 PM)void Wrote:  

Very good idea. But why should I use QuantStamp more than once, if I always use the same contract template?

In the case of templates im not sure, I guess not? Best join the Telegram and ask there.

Team looks good, advisors great, market cap seems slightly on the high side given the scope of the project, individual investor caps and KYC protocol is a good sign, but I'm already getting the feeling that the significant presale bonuses may turn off potential investors.

Personally I'm leaning towards not worth it unless in the presale.

RVF Fearless Coindogger Crew

"There are no individual caps for the presale, early adopters allow the hiring of engineers
For the main sale, there are individual caps and partnering with a leading KYC provider
Unsold tokens are burned"

Whales will whale. I contemplate swooping in after the 3 day "first exchange dump".

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, NewMeta! Will definitely look into investing! I got in early with OMG, I foresee a similar trajectory with QuantStamp.

Thanks NewMetaWhoIsNotABeta!

I read some info on this and it seems something valuable that can bring a lot of value to the blockchain in terms of real world applications. There's definitely potential in this. You're always right on the sauce considering your past analysis.

LINK, now QuantStamp...the blockchain is going places.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

So if this does well, that'll have a positive knock on effect in the field, as it'll be easier for people to verify that they have a secure smart contract?

Theres definitely a need for this kind of thing, and if quantstamp are already delivering (as with request) then they'll have a big edge being the first mover.

Great tip newmeta

I just read the white paper. The smart contract technology with quantstamp will be self regulating with minimal oversight because it has the right incentive structure in place.

The QS team shows that they understand how technology and human nature interacts, and how to discourage bad actors from taking advantage of any vulnerabilities in smart contracts. If done properly, this will go a long way in enabling mass adoption because people can trust this “trust-less” technology, feeling secure they can use it without losing money or compromising their security.

Quote: (10-18-2017 06:45 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

I just read the white paper. The smart contract technology with quantstamp will be self regulating with minimal oversight because it has the right incentive structure in place.

The QS team shows that they understand how technology and human nature interacts, and how to discourage bad actors from taking advantage of any vulnerabilities in smart contracts. If done properly, this will go a long way in enabling mass adoption because people can trust this “trust-less” technology, feeling secure they can use it without losing money or compromising their security.

Agreed, this is not a junk ICO, but perhaps limited in growth prospects in the short/mid term.

Likes denote appreciation, not necessarily agreement |Stay Anonymous Online Datasheet| Unmissable video on Free Speech

Best ICO out there today....

"I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story." Nas

Edit: Delete. Saw you already said what you're doing so whatever.

For what it's worth, Quantstamp is a joke of a product, and not a single person in this thread actually thinks it's any good.

As NewMeta posted above, the QuantStamp company has made it a requirement that anyone who wants access to their pre-sale (Which allows you to buy tokens at a lucrative discount) go out and shill their product. So what NewMeta is doing here is creating this post extolling the virtues of QuantStamp, then sending a link to the company saying "Look! I shilled your product!", in hopes that he'll qualify for the discount. Quantstamp makes money because he's brought attention to their product. NewMeta makes money because he gets a bunch of their tokens at an extremely low price. He'll turn around and resell them for a profit on the first day.
And you, the guy who bought some Quantstamp tokens because you liked what you read here?

Well, you're going to get fucked and lose a bunch of money. But I guess that's not his problem, so it's okay?

Quote: (10-18-2017 09:17 PM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

For what it's worth, Quantstamp is a joke of a product, and not a single person in this thread actually thinks it's any good.

I think it's a great project...
Provided:
  • Ethereum remains the standard
  • Smart contracts become grow exponentially, but become trivial enough to be checked with a machine
  • No other more generic checking engine is created.
  • Smart contract issuers don't throw caution to the wind, and let hackers find away around the protections of QS's public code. (There is a reason there is no credible open source antivirus project)
I'm actually on the whitelist, and in the slack, though I won't stoop to squandering my reputation here to shill a subpar coin to the people here who've helped me time and again.

Likes denote appreciation, not necessarily agreement |Stay Anonymous Online Datasheet| Unmissable video on Free Speech

I'll just leave these here, and then anybody who's genuinely in buying after reading them is welcome to.

You'll lose your money, but hey, that's on you.

[Image: Rv_FSlack01.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2017_10_18_17_58_49.png]
[Image: GPCJYUs.png]

SamB already went ahead and screenshot my original intention.

Nothing further to say here other than if the devs see this thread it no longer looks legit and i cant use for POC so ill have to go do more POC elsewhere.

He's trying to portray me as a dude scamming everyone else out of their money when i really wanted to create a thread so i could use a view counter, likes and comments as a metric to get into the POC, hence why I was telling lads to comment so it looked like there was interest or at least it was catching peoples eye, cause I know 90% of people in alts are on that slack, and in exchange Id get a high allocation and we all get into pre-sale. So I dont know what guys im scamming tbh, when most people who browse this forum are on that slack, you just in reality ruined everyones chance of getting into pre-sale for minimum effort.

He also thinks im getting the highest tier (biggest discount), which i cant if i want to set a high allocation to get the other members in on it as confirmed by a quant dev on the telegram chat (go ask yourselves if you dont believe me).

Samb has been on a meltdown of hating capitalism and not liking the mechanic of people losing out so people can gain which is why he doesnt like coin shilling, markets or anything to do with money. Id screenshot some of the massive rants hes had on the slack but it's not worth it.

Also for the record SamB created a real shitcoin called eETH, you can find it on ED and trade it, hes openly said hes taken money from people using this scam, so there's that, think of him as you will.

SamB, why did you feel it was necessary to post screenshots of private group conversations between forum members? Those conversations were never intended to be made public. NewMeta was never dishonest with his intentions -- in fact he was pretty open with the reason behind posting this thread. Your concerns with the shilling and the shitty quality of most alt-coins were fair game up to this point, but what you just did here was not cool.

At time of this post, you still have 11 minutes to take those screenshots down.

Quote: (10-19-2017 04:11 AM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

SamB, why did you feel it was necessary to post screenshots of private group conversations between forum members?

Because anyone who buys this shit thinking "Hey, all these people from the forum think it's great" will lose money, because it's not actually any good, and you KNOW it's not actually any good. You're just hyping it up so you can get it for super-cheap and then immediately sell it, and using anyone who reads this thread and believes what you're saying here as a patsy. This forum's done a lot for me over the years, and it would be shitty of me to just let you piss on the rest of the membership to rake in some extra cash.

Quote:Quote:

Those conversations were never intended to be made public. NewMeta was never dishonest with his intentions -- in fact he was pretty open with the reason behind posting this thread.

If he was never dishonest, then why does he care about screenshots showing what he's doing?

Your concerns with the shilling and the shitty quality of most alt-coins were fair game up to this point, but what you just did here was not cool.

Using the forum as a tool to make cash is "not cool". That's not what this place is for.

Yeah, I don't think that's happening.

Yet another reason to hate Proof of Care.

Quote: (10-19-2017 04:20 AM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

Because anyone who buys this shit thinking "Hey, all these people from the forum think it's great" will lose money, because it's not actually any good, and you KNOW it's not actually any good. You're just hyping it up so you can get it for super-cheap and then immediately sell it, and using anyone who reads this thread and believes what you're saying here as a patsy. This forum's done a lot for me over the years, and it would be shitty of me to just let you piss on the rest of the membership to rake in some extra cash.

How is posting and exchanging information about cryptos "pissing on the rest of the membership"? We're all adults here. We're men, and we can think for ourselves. We can make our own judgements about whether an investment is a good one or not.

You're making a lot of assumptions about a lot of things. Frankly, you're reaching so hard here, that you're starting to sound like a SJW.

If he was never dishonest, then why does he care about screenshots showing what he's doing?

Publicly posting screenshots of a slack chat that was intended to be private and invite-only. You were wrong to do that, however valid your concerns about QuantStamp (and most cryptos) are.

Using the forum as a tool to make cash is "not cool". That's not what this place is for.

Oh, so let's close down this entire crypto sub-forum. Let's delete all the business and [Making Money] threads. And while we're at it, ban anyone who broaches the idea of making money!

What you're conflating here is exchanging information that helps you make money, and making money at the EXPENSE of each other. I've never seen the latter here, not even this thread.

Look, I think you need a break. Get out of cryptos entirely. This market is obviously not for everyone, and you fall in that category. I'm not going to say any more on this topic.

Quote: (10-19-2017 04:11 AM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

SamB, why did you feel it was necessary to post screenshots of private group conversations between forum members?

Those conversations were never intended to be made public. NewMeta was never dishonest with his intentions -- in fact he was pretty open with the reason behind posting this thread.

Your concerns with the shilling and the shitty quality of most alt-coins were fair game up to this point, but what you just did here was not cool.

Yeah, I don't think that's happening.

I care because you are trying to character assassinate me because you have a beef with me. You can leave the screenshots up, I prefer that you do at this point tbh.

I'm just adding context, you have a beef with me, so you have motivation to try paint me as worse as can be. I wanted to get into POC and didn't have a platform to do so, so I used the forum, I knew there wouldnt be alot of comments on an obscure alt coin still in ICO stages so I asked people to leave likes and comments and to get the view counter up, you can see this all in your own screenshots. In exchange id ask for a higher allocation, skip getting the best discount, and get other members in on it too.

Because I use the word "hustle" in the second screenshot is the only thing that looks bad imo. But even then the context is in the same as you would say a "side hustle" or something to that effect, so not even that really sticks.

The context here is simply you have beef with me, you spread FUD on the slack and you dont like it when I shill and be optimistic about crypto. This irritates you because you hate markets, capitalism and money, all the while still doing crypto. It eats at you because you see how quick people are throwing their money at stuff that does nothing, those are your words not mine.

You say im using the forum as a tool to make cash, in a way thats true because im using the platform to get into their POC. The idea that I directly profit from people who read this forum is an extreme stretch, you know it, but its the best you can do right now to put me down so you took that opportunity.

You think that I think this is a shit coin, which isn't true either, why else would I want to get into pre-sale this badly? Yes I eventually hope to sell at a profit, duh, its a market that is very VERY obvious. The telegram has 8000 members already, that's huge compared to LINK's slack which is 3500 members, out of all these people you still think I directly profit from members reading the forum? Or do you think it's just because you have resentment towards me, seems more like the later doesnt it.

Quote: (10-19-2017 04:33 AM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

What you're conflating here is exchanging information that helps you make money, and making money at the EXPENSE of each other. I've never seen the latter here, not even this thread.

The whole point of this thread is to make money at the expense of other people. You shill the shitcoin, and in exchange Quantstamp gives you what amounts to a pile of money. Anyone on the forum who reads your shilling and buys it, however, is going to lose money because it's worthless. You end up with the cash, and anybody else on the forum ends up holding the bag.

how so? i advise in the thread to do the POC, im not saying to pick it up on exchanges at all.