rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Iowa City, IA Datasheet

Iowa City, IA Datasheet

City Overview: Iowa City is the other major college town in Iowa besides Ames. Much like Ames this is a town that revolves around the University of Iowa, and thus it's full of co-eds and students. Also much like Ames (noticing a pattern here) Iowa City has the best girls in the state of Iowa.
-

Girls: Iowa City is the second spot in Iowa to find the best looking girls this place has to offer, and a good sampling of the Midwest in general. In some ways it's pretty much the same as ISU. Most of the girls will be white, but you will have some minority students. Here are some pictures to give you a general idea of what you can expect.

[Image: iowa-hottest-student-cheerleader.jpg]
[Image: iowa-hawkeye-girls.jpg]
[Image: iowa_girls_77.jpg]

In my experience, Iowa City has a very slight advantage in the level of hotness but honestly there are so many students here that's just my personal observation.

*Cavet* As much as I wish this was the Ukraine, I'm afraid you can't roll into Iowa and expect the same amount of talent you would in Miami or somewhere. With that said, you will find the usual mix of artistic, athletic, hipster, etc here.

Sight seeing: I came here to party, not sight see so I pulled this from the wikitravel page.

Old Capitol Museum, (Iowa Ave & Clinton St.), ☎ +1 319 335-0548. Tu-F 10AM-3PM, Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 1PM-5PM. Tour Iowa's first capitol building in the center of the Pentacrest. Also visit the Discovery Center and the Humanities Gallery. Gift shop. free.

University of Iowa Museum of Art, 150 N Riverside Dr, ☎ +1 319 335-1727, [4]. Some European paintings, large collection of African art, changing exhibitions. Gift shop, coffee bar. Free.

University of Iowa Museum of Natural History, (inside MacBride Hall at the corner of Jefferson and Clinton Sts), ☎ +1 319-335-0480, [5]. Tu-F 10AM-?, Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 1PM-5PM. Displays of Iowa's geology and ecology, as well as Native American culture. Features a reconstruction of a giant Ice Age sloth and a large collection of birds. Gift shop. Free.

University of Iowa Athletics Hall of Fame, 2425 Prairie Meadow Dr (Mormon Trek to Prairie Meadow), ☎ + 1 866 469-2326, [6]. M-F 11AM-6PM, Sa 10AM-6PM, Su noon-5PM. Displays about the history of the Hawkeye teams, including Nile Kinnick's Heisman Trophy. $4 adults, $3 students, seniors, free under 12.

Antique Car Museum of Iowa, 860 Quarry Rd, Coralville (I-80, exit 242), ☎ +1 319 354-3310, [7]. Tu-Sa 10AM-5PM, Su noon-5PM. Over 70 automobiles dating from 1899, a replica of an early Skelly gas station, and a model train display. Free.
-

Lodging:
Iowa City Sheraton: This place is right on the campus, and makes logistics a breeze. I stayed there once, and really enjoyed it and having a bed so close by sealed the deal for me.
-

Game Spots:
Farras Night Club: This is a dance club that plays Latin music, and such anybody that can actually dance will clean up here.

Brothers Bar and Grill: This is the only other place I can honestly recommend gaming. They have a cover charge to keep out the under 21 crowd, but it's usually a decent ratio of girls and guys. There is a dance floor, but it's nothing that impressive.
-
Ease of approaching: A mix of day game or night game as a lot of the college girls are DTF. I've had better luck at night personally, but if your day game is solid, then there are plenty of opportunities to pick a chick up. As I repeat in all my datahseets on IA, anything that is new or authentic will get you noticed. Some guy whose from Miami or NYC, and has the swagger can be knee-deep in corn-fed pussy.
-

Logistics: There are plenty of taxi's and a regular bus service around here. Depending on where your staying though, you might not need to even rent a car.
-

Overall pros and cons:

Pros:
-College Girls are DTF
-Anything Exotic or Original and your value shoots up

Cons:
-College guys will resent you if they think you're an outsider poaching on their game. Buy them a drink, and compliment the football team will usually shut them down easy enough.
-Iowa girls are... Iowa girls..

Personal experience: I've been up here a few times, and I've had better luck then I did in Ames. I personally can't wait to come back after traveling around a bit.
-
Final Thoughts: Don't mention the Iowa Cyclones in a positive light.. school rivalry and all that. I'll answer any questions if anyone has them.

Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen! -John Mason (The Rock)

Iowa City, IA Datasheet

NICE !!! Hospitals in Iowa pay extremely well in my line of work so there is a strong possibility I could live there. Are the women arrogant ? how do they perceive guys who are not students or part of the college scene ? what do you mean by swagger ?

thanks for the data sheet I'm gonna be keeping my eye on this thread

Iowa City, IA Datasheet

Damn! A latin club in Iowa? Shit I should clean house there with these white girls. Problem is that when I go to these latin clubs in mid-west states, guess what I mostly find? latin girls!!! fuuuck! I want some gringa ass, I can get latina ass anytime I want!

Mixx

Iowa City, IA Datasheet

Quote: (09-10-2011 10:10 AM)velkrum Wrote:  

NICE !!! Hospitals in Iowa pay extremely well in my line of work so there is a strong possibility I could live there. Are the women arrogant ? how do they perceive guys who are not students or part of the college scene ? what do you mean by swagger ?

thanks for the data sheet I'm gonna be keeping my eye on this thread

@velkrum

Your right that medial jobs pay pretty good here, my mother and sister are nurses. The women are about as arrogant as everywhere else, but the problem is the really hot ones have had their ego's stroked for their entire lives by hapless betas. There such a rarity here, that you need to have tight game, and bring her down to your level to have a chance of hooking up.

Truth be told the really smoking hot ones tend to leave their small cities when they grow up. If your college age, and dress like one then it's pretty easy to pretend to be a college guy, but honestly I think you should play up the fact you're not from around here.

As for swagger.. I'm from Iowa so I really can't comment on what defines swagger in other places.

@Mixx

Mixx I'm pretty sure bringing you to a Latin Club here might violate some sort WMD treaty. Your even 1/10th of good as I think you might be, you'd be killing here.

Also the Latin club is a place where a lot of the minority students tend to gather, but honestly if you come into this place with your game. You'd be drowning in corn-fed country poon, I'm not sure I want that kind of competition to be honest.

Anyway.. yeah you'd kill here, there are very few Latin guys here that have that GQ look down, combined with your travel experience... yeah you'd own.

Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen! -John Mason (The Rock)

Iowa City, IA Datasheet

Weird, my post didn't post. Will try again.

Iowa City, IA Datasheet

Wizard, I was just about to bust out an Iowa City data sheet, you beat me to it haha. Good stuff, I'll add a few things:

City/Campus Overview:
This whole town revolves around the university. Downtown is where the majority of the action is, so everything will be pretty close for anyone. The ped mall, bars, university buildings, restaurants, etc. are all downtown.

Univ. of Iowa is a big party school because it's fucking Iowa and there's not much to do besides drink and party.

Iowa City used to be 'age 19 and up' for bar entrance, thus the bars would be absolutely packed every weekend and there'd be a wide assortment of freshman, sophs, juniors, and senior girls. That changed last year as the city voted to enact a '21 and up' ordinance for all bars. I met up with some fellow alumni the first weekend of school and the vibe downtown was decidedly different. Foot traffic and overall people in the bars was down. There was increased police presence all over chin checking on underage drinking and fake ID's, so a lot of younger kids are scared and go to the house parties. I'll talk to younger ppl I know who can tell me how it is year round now.

There have always been a lot of house parties near campus and that has now increased with the 21 ordinance. Further down I'll give you the main house party blocks.

The football team is huge here, so the town is crazy on home football weekends in the fall. It is pure debauchery and the party starts at 5am and goes on until the end of the night. It's worth checking out on one of these busy weekends, but lodging will be hard to come by if you don't book early.

Gas stations/stores stop selling booze at 2AM, so get your after hours booze before then. Liquor stores all over downtown, Liquor Downtown and the Liquor Store are main ones.

Best times to visit where you know it will be busy:
Fall (late August to November)
Spring (March to late May)
As with many college towns, it will be dead during summer and winter/spring breaks.

Girls:
If you believe this will be nothing but naive small-town hotties with no bitch shields, you will be in for a rude awakening. This ain't no Fargo, ND in terms of the young female population.

A large part of the student population is from Illinois, mainly the Chicago area. This is why you will see many Illinois license plates and Cubs and Bears gear all over campus. So a lot of the hot girls here are rich daddy's girls from the Chicago suburbs. They've grown up in/near a big city and think they are hot shit, so chin check them with some tales of global traveling, NYC/LA/Miami roots and swag, etc. Be a cocky asshole and tease them as you normally do. Their bitch shields aren't huge, but you do have to come with game. If you tell them you're from out of town and work in entertainment (film/tv/fashion/music), their eyes will glow and they will def. like you. There are still a lot of hot girls from all over Iowa here, so you will still find some naive small town hotties.

Greek life is prominent on campus, so a good portion of the hot girls on campus are in sororities. Unsurprisingly, a lot of the Chicago hotties are in sororities. Game on like I told you above, no big difference. But if she LIVES in the sorority house, you will have to bring her back to your spot. Boys aren't allowed in sorority houses and they've got old lady house moms that strictly enforce this. Myself and other cats have been chased out of these houses before, no joke!

Overall, this ain't no Miami/LA/NYC talent, but you will be pleasantly surprised by the talent on campus. A lot of 7's.

Lodging:
Hotel Vetro
http://www.hotelvetro.com/

Hotel Vetro is the boutique hotel downtown, it's right next to Sheraton. Sheraton and Hotel Vetro are right on the ped mall (pedestrian mall), so they are right in the middle of downtown and are less than a stone's throw from all the action. I'm not bullshitting when I say that when you walk out of the hotel doors, you will be right in the middle of the action on a busy night. And these silly college lizards will be impressed if you are staying here. Great logistics, stay here.
(Martini's, Union, and Brother's are all a 30 second walk from hotel)

Coralville Marriott
This is 5 minutes driving from downtown Iowa City. Nice hotel, a lot of weddings and university conferences held here. Everything downtown will be booked on a home football weekend, so you may have to stay here. And even then there is a good chance this place will be booked.

Nightlife spots
(Check these 4 bars first, they will have the best talent)
Martini's
http://www.martinisic.com/
This bar is right next to sheraton and hotel vetro. Big outdoor patio in the back. There is usually a lot of good talent here. Girls will be dressed nice here, many in heels. Won't get going until 11 or so on a weekend night. Fun place. If the weather is nice, hit up the patio for happy hour on a thursday/friday afternoon. There will be some hotties there.

Union bar
http://www.theunionbar.com/
Big college bar with big dance floor, 2 stories. Very dark ambience and interior, so good for isolating. A lot of sluts go here because "it's got the biggest and best dance floor!" The after hours downstairs coke parties are also why the sluts love this joint. Can get really loud and really packed, but hit it up. There should be some good talent in the crowd on a weekend.
(On ped mall, very close to sheraton and hotel vetro)

Brothers Bar and Grill
Wizard already talked about this spot. Typical college bar, shitty dance floor as wizard said. They've got drink specials a bunch of nights, so the kids come for that. Thursday is Mug Night, so a lot of girls come out for that. Big patio in front with lots of tables, tables usually go fast on a busy night. Usually a good amount of hotties in here, but the place gets annoying after a while.

The Summit
http://www.thesummitrestaurantandbar.com
Iowa City's closest thing to an 'upscale club' (I know, laugh). It's 2 blocks from the ped mall. It's the bar for the pretentious, poser, wanna be seen crowd. A lot of Chicago kids will be in the crowd here. A lot of hotties here, they will usually be well dressed in here. Big, nice dance floor upstairs. Upstairs is very dark, with a few laser lights. A lot of girls dancing. Give it a peep. On busy weekends don't be surprised if a large line forms.

Hotel Vetro first floor bar
The first floor of Hotel Vetro has a sushi joint (Formosa) that is turned into a bar on weekend nights. Can be hit or miss, but when it's going it's good. There will be a lot of foreign student hotties here (Indians, Paki's, Asians, Middle Eastern, etc.) so GQ Miami/LA/NYC swag works perfectly here. And if you're staying at Vetro, swooping is an elevator ride away.

If it's early in the night or you're not feeling those places, this is the next tier of bars to check out:
-Atlas
-Airliner
-Field House
-DC's
-TCB (The College Street Billiards)

House parties:
House parties are at least 5-6 blocks away from campus. From the intersection of S Clinton Street and E Burlington Street, take Burlington east 5-6 blocks. You'll see a bunch of people walking that way, freshman from dorms walk this street to get to house parties.

The party blocks are:
-S. Johnson Street
-S. Dodge Street
-S. Lucas Street
-S. Governor Street
-S. Summit Street
-Bowery Street
(all a 6 block radius intersecting E. Burlington Street. There will be house parties all over)

When you meet hotties during the day or at bars, ask them about the house party scene, tell them you used to throw crazy house parties back in the day at your college. They'll tell you about a house party, get their number, meet up with them on weekend night at house party. Find a bunch of other girls there.

Daygame spots:

Just walk all over downtown and the campus during the day. Ask for directions, tell them you are visiting out of town, run day game from Roosh's new book, etc. Most girls will be receptive during the day. But quite a few will be glued to their iPhones, so don't say I didn't warn you.

IMU/Pentacrest
http://imu.uiowa.edu/
This is the student memorial union. During the day there are a bunch of people walking through, studying, eating, hanging out, etc. There are a few cafes with a bunch of tables. You'll see people eating and studying here for hours. You can strike here.

The Pentacrest is a park directly across from the IMU. People will be playing sports and chilling out here when there is nice weather.

Starbucks/Java House
There is a starbucks (228 S. Clinton St.) and a Java House coffee shop (211 1/2 E. Washington St) downtown. You can get work done here and there will be hotties studying here throughout the day and night.

Wal-Mart
919 Highway 1 W
This is a 3 minute drive from downtown. On a weeknight or Sunday night there will be students throughout buying shit.

Bread Garden Market
http://www.breadgardenmarket.com/
This upscale grocer is on the first floor of the Hotel Vetro tower. There is a lot of good food here and they've got big salad bar, soup bar, prepared foods bar, and coffee and breakfast joint. Start your day here, hit it up for lunch. There are always hot chicago girls in here charging it to daddy's credit card. They have a nice patio in the front that sees a lot of foot traffic pass by, easy openings.

Hit these restaurants during the day as they have good patios right on the sidewalk, they are all located downtown. A lot of foot traffic passing by. The food is pretty good at these spots.

Also it's a good idea to start your night off at Formosa/Takanmi/Atlas for an early dinner and drinks. On weekend nights there will be lots of groups of girls eating at these joints, all done up for birthday nights and shit.

Formosa (sushi joint)
http://www.formosadowntown.com/

Takanami (sushi joint)
http://www.takanamifusion.com/

Atlas World Grill (Mediterranean joint)
http://www.atlasiowacity.com/

One Twenty Six & Hearth (french bistro joint)
http://www.onetwentysix.net/

FAC (Friday After Class)
On Friday afternoons, many of the downtown bars run Friday After Class, it's a bunch of drink specials and underage kids can weasel their way in. Sometimes there will be a big turnout. All the kids get wasted. Hotties will be out but they'll be falling over drunk by end if you don't swoop them out of there early. Give it a peep.

Football Saturdays
People from all over the state and the Chicago area congregate to Iowa City on these days. It used to be a mardi-gras shitfest atmosphere, but they've started new tailgating measures around the stadium to clamp down on boozing and making a mess. So it will most likely be a little bit tamer than years past, but still fun and hot co-eds in a good party mood all over the place. Tailgating begins outside of Kinnick Stadium at 5am, games begin at 11am but people still tailgate a few hours during and after the game. Walk all over, make a bunch of new friends and swoop girls. You'll get food offered to you and free booze if you're cool and bring swag.

During the game or once the game is over, start walking with people towards downtown. You'll have to cross the bridge on Burlington St. to get back downtown, there will be a bunch of people walking. All the downtown bars will be packed during the game. They will die down after the game and start up again around 9pm. There will be people everywhere.

DO NOT depend on getting girls numbers in the morning at tailgating, thinking you'll meet up with them that night. They will keep drinking during the day and there will be little break. They'll be too drunk to hear your call/txt, they'll lose their phone, or they'll be drunkenly responding to a million texts a minute. Yours will get lost in that wave. So try and bang during tailgating or right after. There's trees/bushes, houses, empty cars all over, and dorms are close to tailgating. A lot of times I've hit it off with a group and they've invited me to walk downtown with them to the bars once the game started. You can run your game and escalate at the bar then with your girl(s).

All right guys, hope this helps. If you have any further questions, just ask.

Iowa City, IA Datasheet

Thanks for the write up is Des Moines similar to Iowa City ?

Iowa City, IA Datasheet

Quote: (09-11-2011 05:45 PM)El Rey Wrote:  

Wizard, I was just about to bust out an Iowa City data sheet, you beat me to it haha. Good stuff, I'll add a few things:

City/Campus Overview:
This whole town revolves around the university. Downtown is where the majority of the action is, so everything will be pretty close for anyone. The ped mall, bars, university buildings, restaurants, etc. are all downtown.

Univ. of Iowa is a big party school because it's fucking Iowa and there's not much to do besides drink and party.

Iowa City used to be 'age 19 and up' for bar entrance, thus the bars would be absolutely packed every weekend and there'd be a wide assortment of freshman, sophs, juniors, and senior girls. That changed last year as the city voted to enact a '21 and up' ordinance for all bars. I met up with some fellow alumni the first weekend of school and the vibe downtown was decidedly different. Foot traffic and overall people in the bars was down. There was increased police presence all over chin checking on underage drinking and fake ID's, so a lot of younger kids are scared and go to the house parties. I'll talk to younger ppl I know who can tell me how it is year round now.

There have always been a lot of house parties near campus and that has now increased with the 21 ordinance. Further down I'll give you the main house party blocks.

The football team is huge here, so the town is crazy on home football weekends in the fall. It is pure debauchery and the party starts at 5am and goes on until the end of the night. It's worth checking out on one of these busy weekends, but lodging will be hard to come by if you don't book early.

Gas stations/stores stop selling booze at 2AM, so get your after hours booze before then. Liquor stores all over downtown, Liquor Downtown and the Liquor Store are main ones.

Best times to visit where you know it will be busy:
Fall (late August to November)
Spring (March to late May)
As with many college towns, it will be dead during summer and winter/spring breaks.

Girls:
If you believe this will be nothing but naive small-town hotties with no bitch shields, you will be in for a rude awakening. This ain't no Fargo, ND in terms of the young female population.

A large part of the student population is from Illinois, mainly the Chicago area. This is why you will see many Illinois license plates and Cubs and Bears gear all over campus. So a lot of the hot girls here are rich daddy's girls from the Chicago suburbs. They've grown up in/near a big city and think they are hot shit, so chin check them with some tales of global traveling, NYC/LA/Miami roots and swag, etc. Be a cocky asshole and tease them as you normally do. Their bitch shields aren't huge, but you do have to come with game. If you tell them you're from out of town and work in entertainment (film/tv/fashion/music), their eyes will glow and they will def. like you. There are still a lot of hot girls from all over Iowa here, so you will still find some naive small town hotties.

Greek life is prominent on campus, so a good portion of the hot girls on campus are in sororities. Unsurprisingly, a lot of the Chicago hotties are in sororities. Game on like I told you above, no big difference. But if she LIVES in the sorority house, you will have to bring her back to your spot. Boys aren't allowed in sorority houses and they've got old lady house moms that strictly enforce this. Myself and other cats have been chased out of these houses before, no joke!

Overall, this ain't no Miami/LA/NYC talent, but you will be pleasantly surprised by the talent on campus. A lot of 7's.

Lodging:
Hotel Vetro
http://www.hotelvetro.com/

Hotel Vetro is the boutique hotel downtown, it's right next to Sheraton. Sheraton and Hotel Vetro are right on the ped mall (pedestrian mall), so they are right in the middle of downtown and are less than a stone's throw from all the action. I'm not bullshitting when I say that when you walk out of the hotel doors, you will be right in the middle of the action on a busy night. And these silly college lizards will be impressed if you are staying here. Great logistics, stay here.
(Martini's, Union, and Brother's are all a 30 second walk from hotel)

Coralville Marriott
This is 5 minutes driving from downtown Iowa City. Nice hotel, a lot of weddings and university conferences held here. Everything downtown will be booked on a home football weekend, so you may have to stay here. And even then there is a good chance this place will be booked.

Nightlife spots
(Check these 4 bars first, they will have the best talent)
Martini's
http://www.martinisic.com/
This bar is right next to sheraton and hotel vetro. Big outdoor patio in the back. There is usually a lot of good talent here. Girls will be dressed nice here, many in heels. Won't get going until 11 or so on a weekend night. Fun place. If the weather is nice, hit up the patio for happy hour on a thursday/friday afternoon. There will be some hotties there.

Union bar
http://www.theunionbar.com/
Big college bar with big dance floor, 2 stories. Very dark ambience and interior, so good for isolating. A lot of sluts go here because "it's got the biggest and best dance floor!" The after hours downstairs coke parties are also why the sluts love this joint. Can get really loud and really packed, but hit it up. There should be some good talent in the crowd on a weekend.

Brothers Bar and Grill
Wizard already talked about this spot. Typical college bar, shitty dance floor as wizard said. They've got drink specials a bunch of nights, so the kids come for that. Thursday is Mug Night, so a lot of girls come out for that. Big patio in front with lots of tables, tables usually go fast on a busy night. Usually a good amount of hotties in here, but the place gets annoying after a while.

The Summit
http://www.thesummitrestaurantandbar.com
Iowa City's closest thing to an 'upscale club' (I know, laugh). It's 2 blocks from the ped mall. It's the bar for the pretentious, poser, wanna be seen crowd. A lot of Chicago kids will be in the crowd here. A lot of hotties here, they will usually be well dressed in here. Big, nice dance floor upstairs. Upstairs is very dark, with a few laser lights. A lot of girls dancing. Give it a peep. On busy weekends don't be surprised if a large line forms.

Hotel Vetro first floor bar
The first floor of Hotel Vetro has a sushi joint (Formosa) that is turned into a bar on weekend nights. Can be hit or miss, but when it's going it's good. There will be a lot of foreign student hotties here (Indians, Paki's, Asians, Middle Eastern, etc.) so GQ Miami/LA/NYC swag works perfectly here. And if you're staying at Vetro, swooping is an elevator ride away.

If it's early in the night or you're not feeling those places, this is the next tier of bars to check out:
-Atlas
-Airliner
-Field House
-DC's
-TCB (The College Street Billiards)

House parties:
House parties are at least 5-6 blocks away from campus. From the intersection of S Clinton Street and E Burlington Street, take Burlington east 5-6 blocks. You'll see a bunch of people walking that way, freshman from dorms walk this street to get to house parties.

The party blocks are:
-S. Johnson Street
-S. Dodge Street
-S. Lucas Street
-S. Governor Street
-S. Summit Street
-Bowery Street
(all a 6 block radius intersecting E. Burlington Street. There will be house parties all over)

When you meet hotties during the day or at bars, ask them about the house party scene, tell them you used to throw crazy house parties back in the day at your college. They'll tell you about a house party, get their number, meet up with them on weekend night at house party. Find a bunch of other girls there.

Daygame spots:

Just walk all over downtown and the campus during the day. Ask for directions, tell them you are visiting out of town, run day game from Roosh's new book, etc. Most girls will be receptive during the day. But quite a few will be glued to their iPhones, so don't say I didn't warn you.

IMU/Pentacrest
http://imu.uiowa.edu/
This is the student memorial union. During the day there are a bunch of people walking through, studying, eating, hanging out, etc. There are a few cafes with a bunch of tables. You'll see people eating and studying here for hours. You can strike here.

The Pentacrest is a park directly across from the IMU. People will be playing sports and chilling out here when there is nice weather.

Starbucks/Java House
There is a starbucks (228 S. Clinton St.) and a Java House coffee shop (211 1/2 E. Washington St) downtown. You can get work done here and there will be hotties studying here throughout the day and night.

Wal-Mart
919 Highway 1 W
This is a 3 minute drive from downtown. On a weeknight or Sunday night there will be students throughout buying shit.

Bread Garden Market
http://www.breadgardenmarket.com/
This upscale grocer is on the first floor of the Hotel Vetro tower. There is a lot of good food here and they've got big salad bar, soup bar, prepared foods bar, and coffee and breakfast joint. Start your day here, hit it up for lunch. There are always hot chicago girls in here charging it to daddy's credit card. They have a nice patio in the front that sees a lot of foot traffic pass by, easy openings.

Hit these restaurants during the day as they have good patios right on the sidewalk, they are all located downtown. A lot of foot traffic passing by. The food is pretty good at these spots.

Also it's a good idea to start your night off at Formosa/Takanmi/Atlas for an early dinner and drinks. On weekend nights there will be lots of groups of girls eating at these joints, all done up for birthday nights and shit.

Formosa (sushi joint)
http://www.formosadowntown.com/

Takanami (sushi joint)
http://www.takanamifusion.com/

Atlas World Grill (Mediterranean joint)
http://www.atlasiowacity.com/

One Twenty Six & Hearth (french bistro joint)
http://www.onetwentysix.net/

FAC (Friday After Class)
On Friday afternoons, many of the downtown bars run Friday After Class, it's a bunch of drink specials and underage kids can weasel their way in. Sometimes there will be a big turnout. All the kids get wasted. Hotties will be out but they'll be falling over drunk by end if you don't swoop them out of there early. Give it a peep.

Football Saturdays
People from all over the state and the Chicago area congregate to Iowa City on these days. It used to be a mardi-gras shitfest atmosphere, but they've started new tailgating measures around the stadium to clamp down on boozing and making a mess. So it will most likely be a little bit tamer than years past, but still fun and hot co-eds in a good party mood all over the place. Tailgating begins outside of Kinnick Stadium at 5am, games begin at 11am but people still tailgate a few hours during and after the game. Walk all over, make a bunch of new friends and swoop girls. You'll get food offered to you and free booze if you're cool and bring swag.

During the game or once the game is over, start walking with people towards downtown. You'll have to cross the bridge on Burlington St. to get back downtown, there will be a bunch of people walking. All the downtown bars will be packed during the game. They will die down after the game and start up again around 9pm. There will be people everywhere.

DO NOT depend on getting girls numbers in the morning at tailgating, thinking you'll meet up with them that night. They will keep drinking during the day and there will be little break. They'll be too drunk to hear your call/txt, they'll lose their phone, or they'll be drunkenly responding to a million texts a minute. Yours will get lost in that wave. So try and bang during tailgating or right after. There's trees/bushes, houses, empty cars all over, and dorms are close to tailgating. A lot of times I've hit it off with a group and they've invited me to walk downtown with them to the bars once the game started. You can run your game and escalate at the bar then with your girl(s).

All right guys, hope this helps. If you have any further questions, just ask.

Hell man this puts mine to shame, I would check with Roosh but this seriously deserves it's own thread so people can find it.

Iowa City, IA Datasheet

Interesting data sheets for Iowa. I would stick out so much if i ever made the trip up there but I don't know if it would be in a good way.

Iowa City, IA Datasheet

so this city only has 2 clubs for dancing?!?! wtf

what is the population?

Iowa City, IA Datasheet

@Houston

It depends of course, but honestly anyone exotic or someone who travels would find some fertile hunting grounds here.

@Dash

62220 rough estimate.

Remember Dash this is Iowa.. we have corn, and that's about it. Although I suppose there is definitely room for a new club, honestly who the hell wants to open up a club in Iowa?