rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NYT: White Nationalism is Destroying the West

[Image: tard.gif] TLDR Warning: This article is so predictable it might not be worth reading.

Quote:New York Times Wrote:

When rapid immigration and terrorist attacks occur simultaneously — and the terrorists belong to the same ethnic or religious group as the new immigrants — the combination of fear and xenophobia can be dangerous and destructive. In much of Europe, fear of jihadists (who pose a genuine security threat) and animosity toward refugees (who generally do not) have been conflated in a way that allows far-right populists to seize on Islamic State attacks as a pretext to shut the doors to desperate refugees, many of whom are themselves fleeing the Islamic State, and to engage in blatant discrimination against Muslim fellow citizens.

But this isn’t happening only in European countries. In recent years, anti-immigration rhetoric and nativist policies have become the new normal in liberal democracies from Europe to the United States. Legitimate debates about immigration policy and preventing extremism have been eclipsed by an obsessive focus on Muslims that paints them as an immutable civilizational enemy that is fundamentally incompatible with Western democratic values.

Yet despite the breathless warnings of impending Islamic conquest sounded by alarmist writers and pandering politicians, the risk of Islamization of the West has been greatly exaggerated. Islamists are not on the verge of seizing power in any advanced Western democracy or even winning significant political influence at the polls.

The same cannot be said of white nationalists, who today are on the march from Charlottesville, Va., to Dresden, Germany. As an ideology, white nationalism poses a significantly greater threat to Western democracies; its proponents and sympathizers have proved, historically and recently, that they can win a sizable share of the vote — as they did this year in France, Germany and the Netherlands — and even win power, as they have in the United States.

Far-right leaders are correct that immigration creates problems; what they miss is that they are the primary problem. The greatest threat to liberal democracies does not come from immigrants and refugees but from the backlash against them by those on the inside who are exploiting fear of outsiders to chip away at the values and institutions that make our societies liberal.

Anti-Semitic and xenophobic movements did not disappear from Europe after the liberation of Auschwitz, just as white supremacist groups have lurked beneath the surface of American politics ever since the Emancipation Proclamation. What has changed is that these groups have now been stirred from their slumber by savvy politicians seeking to stoke anger toward immigrants, refugees and racial minorities for their own benefit. Leaders from Donald Trump to France’s Marine Le Pen have validated the worldview of these groups, implicitly or explicitly encouraging them to promote their hateful opinions openly. As a result, ideas that were once marginal have now gone mainstream.

The trend is unmistakable. Hungary’s ruling party has plastered anti-Semitic ads on bus stops and billboards; an overtly neo-Nazi movement won 7 percent of the vote in Greece’s 2015 election; Germany’s upstart far-right party, which includes a popular member who criticized Berlin’s Holocaust memorial as “a monument of shame,” won 13 percent in last month’s election.

In France and Denmark, populist leaders have gone to great pains to shed the right’s crudest baggage and rebrand themselves in a way that appeals to Jews, women and gay people by depicting Muslims as the primary threat to all three groups. But their core goal remains the same: to close the borders and expel unwanted foreigners.

Cultural and demographic anxiety about dwindling native populations and rapidly increasing immigrant ones lies at the heart of these parties’ ideologies. In America, Representative Steve King, Republican of Iowa, worries about the impossibility of restoring “our civilization with somebody else’s babies.” In Europe, the right frets about who’s having the new German or Danish babies and the fact that it’s not white Germans or Danes — a social Darwinist dread popularized by the German writer Thilo Sarrazin, whose best-selling 2010 book, “Germany Abolishes Itself,” warned that barely literate Muslims were poised to replace the supposedly more intelligent German race.

The leader of the Netherlands’ newest far-right party fears that Europe will not exist “as a predominantly white-skinned, Christian or post-Christian, Roman-law-based kind of society” a few decades from now. “If I go to a museum, and I look at these portraits, they are essentially people like me that I can see. In 50 years it won’t be,” he worries.

France, more than any other country, has been the source of these ideas.

IN FEBRUARY 2016, French right-wing groups descended on the town of Calais, protesting a huge informal refugee camp there known as the “Jungle.” Members of the German anti-Islam group Pegida (the name is short for the German words for Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamization of the West) came, too. Demonstrators clashed with local policemen, and a decorated French paratrooper marching alongside them was arrested. A van marked with the logo of a medical charity aiding Jungle residents was set on fire one evening, and the group’s volunteers had their tires slashed.

A few months later, I met the leaders of a local anti-immigration group called Retake Calais. When I asked if they wanted to see the migrants leave town, they lamented that closing the camp — which has since been bulldozed — wouldn’t help. “They’re sending them to all the little villages in France,” one of them told me. “In two years the villages will be dead.”

“It’s the great replacement,” his friend added, echoing the title of a 2010 book by the French writer Renaud Camus, which paints a dark picture of demographic conquest in the West. “They want to replace us.”

As Mr. Camus explains in the book: “You have a people and then, in an instant, in one generation, you have in its place one or several other peoples.” He finds it scandalous that “a veiled woman speaking our language badly, completely ignorant of our culture” is legally considered as French as “an indigenous Frenchman passionate for Romanesque churches, and the verbal and syntactic subtleties of Montaigne and Rousseau.” In Mr. Camus’s eyes, groups like Pegida are heroic. He praises the group as a “liberation front” that is battling “a colonial conquest in progress” where white Europeans are “the colonized indigenous people.”

Ms. Le Pen, the leader of France’s far-right National Front party, has a similar fear, and she sees birthright citizenship as the vehicle for replacement. Although she doesn’t use the term favored by many Republicans in the United States (“anchor babies”), she insists, as she told me in an interview last May, that “we must stop creating automatic French citizens.”

This argument has a long pedigree. It can be traced back to the Dreyfus Affair, when the virulently anti-Semitic writer Maurice Barrès warned that immigrants wanted to impose their way of life on France and that it would spell the “ruin of our fatherland.” “They are in contradiction to our civilization,” Barrès wrote in 1900. He saw French identity as rooted purely in his bloodline, declaring, “I defend my cemetery.”

Today’s version of the argument is: if you have foreign blood and don’t behave appropriately, then you don’t get a passport.

The notion of a Great Replacement has crossed the Atlantic and found an eager audience among groups who have long espoused similar white supremacist ideas. The Dutch far-right leader Geert Wilders warned in 2015 of “masses of young men in their 20s with beards singing ‘Allahu akbar’ across Europe.” He labeled their presence “an invasion that threatens our prosperity, our security, our culture and identity.”

A year later, Mr. Wilders attended the Republican national convention, where he headlined an L.G.B.T. pro-Trump event along with the anti-Islam activist Pamela Geller and the alt-right wunderkind Milo Yiannopoulos. Before he began his talk in front of a wall featuring photos of barechested men, “Make America Great Again” hats and a “Don’t Tread on Me” flag, Mr. Wilders was introduced as “the hope for Western civilization.”

Calais and Charlottesville may be nearly 4,000 miles apart, but the ideas motivating far-right activists in both places are the same. When white nationalists descended on Charlottesville in August, the crowd chanted “Jews will not replace us” and “you will not replace us” before one of its members allegedly killed a woman with his car and others beat a black man; last week, they returned bearing torches and chanting similar slogans.

Just as Mr. Trump has plenty to say about Islamic State attacks but generally has no comment about hate crimes against Indians, blacks and Muslims, the European far-right is quick to denounce any violent act committed by a Muslim but rarely feels compelled to forcefully condemn attacks on mosques or neo-Nazis marching near synagogues on Yom Kippur.

Doing so might alienate their base. Alexander Gauland, a co-leader of the newest party in the German Parliament, is adamant that his Alternative for Germany is “not the parliamentary arm of Pegida,” although he did acknowledge in an interview that “a lot of people who march with Pegida in Dresden are people who could be members, or friends, or voters” for the party. Like Mr. Trump, Mr. Gauland and Ms. Le Pen would never admit to being white nationalists, but they are more than happy to dog-whistle to them and accept their support.

Those who worry that a godless Europe and an immigration-friendly America are no match for Islamic extremists have ignored an even greater threat: white nationalists.

Their ideology is especially dangerous because they present themselves as natives valiantly defending the homeland. Because they look and sound like most of their co-citizens, they garner sympathy from the majority in ways that Islamists never could. White nationalism is in many ways a mirror image of radical Islamism. Both share a nostalgic obsession with a purist form of identity: for one, a medieval Islamic state; for the other, a white nation unpolluted by immigrant blood.

If the influence of white nationalists continues to grow, they will eventually seek to trample the rights of immigrants and minorities and dismiss courts and constitutions as anti-democratic because they don’t reflect the supposed preferences of “the people.” Their rise threatens to transform countries that we once thought of as icons of liberalism into democracies only in name.

Sasha Polakow-Suransky is the author of “Go Back to Where You Came From: The Backlash Against Immigration and the Fate of Western Democracy,” from which the essay is adapted.

Quote:Wikipedia Wrote:

Sasha Polakow-Suransky (born April 3, 1979) is an American journalist and author. He is a former editor of International Opinion at the New York Times and former senior editor at Foreign Affairs.In 2015 he was an Open Society Fellow, while writing a book about the political impact of immigration. His book Go Back to Where You Came From: The Backlash Against Immigration and the Fate of Western Democracy was published by Nation Books in October 2017.

After graduating from Brown University, where he wrote for The College Hill Independent, Polakow-Suransky was awarded a Rhodes Scholarship and attended Oxford University.

He is the younger brother of Shael Polakow-Suransky; both are the children of Valerie Polakow and Leonard Suransky, South African Jews who were anti-apartheid activists in South Africa before emigrating to the United States in 1973 to avoid possible arrest.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

I wonder...

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/HarmlessYardDog/status/918175595145646085][/url]

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (10-13-2017 02:23 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

I wonder...

Terrifying. Based on the demography and the electoral maps, its almost too late to save this country.

How many rapeugees, illegal aliens, etc. live in (((Shael Polakow-Suransky's))) house? If Big Bad Whitey is so bad, why doesn't he invite the whole world to his 5th Ave apartment complex to help house everyone? Oh wait, he's only "white" when is serves his White Bashing.

To any left-wing Jew preaching about White Intolerance, I say fuck you, you sanctimonious prick.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:Quote:

Sasha Polakow-Suransky (born April 3, 1979) is an American journalist and author. He is a former editor of International Opinion at the New York Times and former senior editor at Foreign Affairs.[1] In 2015 he was an Open Society Fellow, while writing a book about the political impact of immigration.[2] His book Go Back to Where You Came From: The Backlash Against Immigration and the Fate of Western Democracy was published by Nation Books in October 2017

Well, would you look at that! I could have never guessed he's part of the Globalist cabal weakening majority-white nations with pozzed immigration and cultural rot.

If the left-wing Jews in the USA and Europe don't get clamped down on soon, I suspect there will be more calls for ethnic cleansing of white people. When shit hits the fan, these left-wing Jews will be targeted first for retaliation. High-IQ, zero common sense. They are sowing the seeds of their own demise.

This will not end well for them.

[Image: gtfo.gif]

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

He is the younger brother of Shael Polakow-Suransky; both are the children of Valerie Polakow and Leonard Suransky, South African Jews who were anti-apartheid activists in South Africa before emigrating to the United States in 1973 to avoid possible arrest.

Kinda interesting that they didn't go back to South Africa after the end of apartheid and now that blacks are in charge.

Take care of those titties for me.

Quote: (10-13-2017 02:47 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

Kinda interesting that they didn't go back to South Africa after the end of apartheid and now that blacks are in charge.

Quite the pedigree on this family, a long-line of nation wrecking behind them. Maybe they'll get included into the Talmud someday for their heroism.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

South Africa and Israel had extensive military cooperation and look where that got them. Allying with zionists doesn't guarantee safety.

I would break the shift, 9, and 0 keys on my keyboard commenting about this so I won't.

"Wow, just wow."

First thing I did when I saw that article was google the author, check the wikipage, check his background...

Why! Why is it so predictable, every single goddamn time!!!

I do love that the "fellow white people" meme is taking off, though.

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/JBurtonXP/status/918869432683786240][/url]

Their ideology is so transparently insane it boggles the mind.

"There is no such thing as race, therefore we must destroy all existing concepts of nations and distinct peoples."

It's as if it the paradox never occurs to them: if race doesn't exist, why must we spend all of our time and energy talking about it? If race doesn't exist, why the hell does it matter how many Africans live in Europe? If people are all identical and interchangeable cogs, why not just leave them where they are and stop importing them into the West?

It's impossible to ask these elementary questions without coming away with the understanding that this ideology was never intended to make sense, or even improve the world. Rather, it was by design a psychological weapon designed specifically to destroy white people and white countries. There is simply no other explanation for it. It's like attempting to construct a complex and apologetic ideology out of a guy who goes around hitting little kids in the head with a baseball bat. No - there's nothing deeper there - he's just an evil fuck. It's the same with this - there's nothing there. It's all an enormous lie that requires a massive amount of societal-scale brainwashing to sustain.

I think it is literally the most evil thing that has ever been attempted in the history of the world: the deliberate genocide of the European people through massive brainwashing and false-guilt that essentially renders them suicidal as a group. It's like the case of that evil little girl who encouraged her boyfriend to kill himself and to "get back in the car and finish it", except times a few billion. And the sheer ingratitude of it: the entire modern world, with all its wonders of technology and science and human rights is the product of European people. But they don't care. Their hatred runs so deep they would gladly destroy every last white person even if it sends the rest of the world back to the Stone Age. That's how you know this is no mere physical struggle, but a spiritual one. Only the Jews - the most spiritually sick people on the planet who knowingly and intentionally declared themselves enemies of God - could be filled with such unbridled hatred for the European people and the Christian civilization they built.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Quote: (10-13-2017 02:35 PM)Extinguished Light Wrote:  

Terrifying. Based on the demography and the electoral maps, its almost too late to save this country.

As much as I would love to believe otherwise, this is simply the manifest destiny of white+Christian+technology.

A genetic and cultural drive to put everyone else's needs before your own coupled with the technological capacity for everyone in the world to arrive and take advantage of your stupidity.

2 children?

1 child?

It's for the best. Gotta be able to afford to pay those taxes and church donations to fund those welfare programs and get those poor wretched masses out of those 3rd world shitholes they suffer so terribly in. "Do unto others and walk a mile in their shoes and we are all just children of God blah blah blah."

When white, Christian nations are cut in half by their parasite classes it will only be another 1-200 years before what remains is cut in half again. When things get really bad the cucks can blather on about the rapture and heaven and earthly suffering.

More and more it appears that we will only get to have a white race if we place our survival as a peoples above the book that promises heaven if you only sell out the earthly future of your children and theirs after them.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

They can never see the forest for the trees.

When the entire world is a third world hell-hole. Where are the refugees going to run to...?

Freakin' Mars?

Quote: (10-14-2017 12:04 AM)CynicalContrarian Wrote:  

They can never see the forest for the trees.

When the entire world is a third world hell-hole. Where are the refugees going to run to...?

Freakin' Mars?

Fugees run amok, while the elites reside in Elysium

Quote: (10-14-2017 12:21 AM)Emancipator Wrote:  

Fugees run amok, while the elites reside in Elysium

I saw that movie unfortunately.
It didn't end well for Hillary. I mean, Jodie Foster.

Quote: (10-13-2017 02:53 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (10-13-2017 02:47 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

Quite the pedigree on this family, a long-line of nation wrecking behind them. Maybe they'll get included into the Talmud someday for their heroism.

Meet one of the more prominent ones, Joe Slovo:

[Image: mandela-and-flag.jpg?w=254]

South Africa is an important case study for young American men to learn of.

International socialism represented by Slovo on one side and International capitalism on the other represented by the Oppenheimer mining interests.

A tacit support from the National Party to Zionist Israel wasn't enough to call off these forces.

Apartheid came from the labour unions which sought to protect the pay grades of European mining workers and managers as a result of the Oppenheimers importing cheap African labour from equatorial Africa.

One of the first thing Mandela did as president was to privatise the state utility companies.

Quote: (10-13-2017 10:08 PM)Tytalus Wrote:  

"Wow, just wow."

I suspect a lot of "libertarian conservatives" have just been Red Pilled.

fear of jihadists (who pose a genuine security threat) and animosity toward refugees (who generally do not)

the risk of Islamization of the West has been greatly exaggerated

white supremacist groups have lurked beneath the surface of American politics ever since the Emancipation Proclamation. What has changed is that these groups have now been stirred from their slumber by savvy politicians

“Germany Abolishes Itself,” warned that barely literate Muslims were poised to replace the supposedly more intelligent German race

[Image: laugh3.gif]

That's right folks. If it weren't for those savvy politicians getting your blood up you'd be right where you ought to be. Safely ensconced in political slumber. You could remain thankfully and blissfully unaware of the minor speedbumps on the road to utopia and allow the wonders of multiculturalism to simply unfold as the beautiful, diverse world of your dreams gradually became a reality.

[Image: laugh4.gif]

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (10-13-2017 02:35 PM)Extinguished Light Wrote:  

Quote: (10-13-2017 02:23 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

I wonder...

[Image: everything-is-proceeding-exactly-as-i-have-foreseen.jpg]

Yes, the greatest threat to the west is about 200 guys with no political power to speak of, and no huge organization.

The authors of these articles NEVER eat their own chili. They never live with their beloved refugees because they are the elite of the society and can afford not to.

The refugees are mere pawns in the attempt to destroy western society and middle class life and values. As scorpion said, there is no real belief behind any of their views. It’s flat out war, and if trump did nothing else, he crystallized the reality of fake news in the mass of people’s minds. That’s an achievement that cannot be underestimated.

These kind of articles make me want to support stripping every amendment after the 10th and rolling back voter eligibility to 18th century guidelines. Probably not what the author was going for.

"Boy ya'll want power, God I hope you never get it." -Senator Graham

This (((imbecile)))'s arguments can be refuted simply by pointing out that "white" isn't a nation , therefore there can be no such thing as "white nationalism".

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

God every time it's one of (((them))) - I really hope even the NY Times readers are beginning to see through this drivel. If you don't realize demographics are destiny at this point you deserve whatever happens to you (cuckservatives and open borders libertarians).

^The red southern states that have voted against immigration yet who've been steadily demographically annexed by Mexico on behalf of coastal city liberal fuckwits do not 'deserve' what they're getting.

That mentality will be the death of us.

https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/a...w-suransky

If only you knew how bad things really are.