rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Winter 2017 Vacation Recommendations

Anyone have any winter 2017 vacation recommendations?

Traveling Nov/Dec, before Christmas. Personally am only interested in Europe or South East Asia (feel free to discuss other areas though).

Trip length: ~1.5-2 weeks, going solo.
Budget: High.

For Europe:
France - Would go here just for the food, love french cooking. Either Paris (still good, despite what people say), or perhaps one of their southern beach towns. I have never been to the Cote d'azur during winter time, might be better to just go to spain/italy instead.
Spain - Barcelona or southern coast with either Valencia or Malaga (never been during winter).
Italy - Never been during winter, open to recommendations
Portugal - Probably Porto, again, never been during winter.
Greece - Open to recommendations on ideal sized cities for
Austria - Vienna (from searching the forum, people highly recommend vienna during winter)

For South East Asia:
Thailand - I've lived in Thailand, been to all of the beach towns, kind of have thailand-fatigue. Wouldn't want to go to one of their sub-par beach towns (But better nightlife/pick up ability) since i've been to all the top beaches. Don't want to go to best beaches because of unsure logistics/numbers of women there vs bringing your own date. But always an option if I just wanted to go to downtown bangkok and get laid every day.
Vietnam: Da Nang/Nha Trang are some possibilities. Larger towns than those small beach places in Thailand. Would need advice if worth it to go here solo for my duration.
Ho Chi Minh/Hanoi - Would rather just go to bangkok over here for a city.
Philippines: Unsure. Feel like logistics of a beach town might be similar to thailand's issue, open to suggestions like bora bora etc

Not interested in China/Korea/Japan/Cambodia/India/Australia.

Would consider somewhere like Turkey/Lebanon/around that area if there are good suggestions.

Looking to make an ideal trade off between relaxation/cuisine, and picking up women. If I wanted to just get laid I'd probably pick Bangkok, but I don't really want to relax in some big city.

Could go somewhere colder in Europe, would be open to suggestions elsewhere if easier to get some during non-tourist season + good food. Don't really care so much to go to far eastern Europe though.

Any insight would be useful and much appreciated.

Depends on what you would like to do. If you're going for girls and not mind the cold, I would suggest you to go to Northern Europe and chase some really hot girls.

But most of the countries are depressing, so really there's nothing going around other than chasing girls.

But if you want to have a good vacation, warm weather and try wine, food, I would say you should go to Cyprus, Southern Turkey like Antalya, Athens or Napoli.

Maybe this post I made might help: thread-64881.html

Yeah, Vienna is great before Christmas if you want to have this spirit.

Would do Barcelona if you want a bit milder weather.

Central Eastern Europe could be also an option, like Budapest or Prague.

Honestly, you should pick a priority so it's easier to pick something...

Where are you based and where are you flying from?
If you want to know more about Vietnam, watch this guy called 'King epic' on YouTube, he has comprehensive reviews of things. I'm in your same predicament, going away 1-2 weeks in mid november, but I want warmth. If you're going to Europe the côte d'Azur is good cos it's the warmest in France at that time but still won't be as warm as my following suggestions. Coming from UK my conclusions are these :
Short flights within 5 hours :
Canary islands : British, German and Scandinavian girls on holiday
Agadir or Marrakech morroco, or Tunis / sousse in Tunisia - warmish with tourist pussy from France, loads of Russians in sousse, also these places are French speaking so agree with your French interest in food and culture with a twist
Cyprus - brits, Russians, German tourists but off peak and quiet, great weather in november
Medium haul - dubai, goa, Sri Lanka
Long haul - Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore

I'm intrigued by saigon and Seoul.. But I think Seoul is cold in november, heard the party scene is good, lots of karaoke and friendly pussy, please share advice! Thx

Quote: (10-11-2017 01:47 PM)Rossi Wrote:  

Depends on what you would like to do. If you're going for girls and not mind the cold, I would suggest you to go to Northern Europe and chase some really hot girls.

But most of the countries are depressing, so really there's nothing going around other than chasing girls.

But if you want to have a good vacation, warm weather and try wine, food, I would say you should go to Cyprus, Southern Turkey like Antalya, Athens or Napoli.
Yeah I'm not really interested in going to Norway/Finland/etc just to chase girls. I don't think I would get that huge of a boost compared to visiting during summer, and having a more balanced time is more important for me.

I like those warm locations you listed, but i'm not sure which would be optimal in terms of women. Coastal/Mediterranean towns have a pulse, and they are significantly weaker during winter, leaving the local population to do the partying.

Out of all of those places you listed, which do you think would be best for picking up girls in a 2 week time table? I guess I'm asking how would you rank those places in terms of the locale populations ease of one night stands/hookups vs being more ideal for long term living situations? With populations ranging from 900-2.4m, I don't think quality will be an issue,

Quote: (10-11-2017 04:23 PM)Kobe Wrote:  

Maybe this post I made might help: thread-64881.html
Saw your post when I was searching. Wasn't too much data as we are aiming for different spending levels, but good to see that people still support Europe as a fine destination in winter.

Quote: (10-11-2017 04:32 PM)Self Amused Wrote:  

Yeah, Vienna is great before Christmas if you want to have this spirit.

Would do Barcelona if you want a bit milder weather.

Central Eastern Europe could be also an option, like Budapest or Prague.

Honestly, you should pick a priority so it's easier to pick something...
I don't think I was very most clear, my highest priority is good food, followed by women, followed by environment. As in, I have no problem staying in Paris during winter time for the women + food. I'm not so sure about Eastern Europe for winter, unless it would be significant for picking up women (and honestly I don't think there would be that much of a difference in me talking to them in December vs June, regardless of number of tourists). Unless someone has visited these places during winter and can shed some light.
Definitely thinking about Vienna.

Quote: (10-11-2017 05:40 PM)Chavdoctor Wrote:  

Where are you based and where are you flying from?
If you want to know more about Vietnam, watch this guy called 'King epic' on YouTube, he has comprehensive reviews of things. I'm in your same predicament, going away 1-2 weeks in mid november, but I want warmth. If you're going to Europe the côte d'Azur is good cos it's the warmest in France at that time but still won't be as warm as my following suggestions. Coming from UK my conclusions are these :
Short flights within 5 hours :
Canary islands : British, German and Scandinavian girls on holiday
Agadir or Marrakech morroco, or Tunis / sousse in Tunisia - warmish with tourist pussy from France, loads of Russians in sousse, also these places are French speaking so agree with your French interest in food and culture with a twist
Cyprus - brits, Russians, German tourists but off peak and quiet, great weather in november
Medium haul - dubai, goa, Sri Lanka
Long haul - Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore

I'm intrigued by saigon and Seoul.. But I think Seoul is cold in november, heard the party scene is good, lots of karaoke and friendly pussy, please share advice! Thx
Flying from NYC, should be able to go to any of these places within 1 layover.

Yeah I like the Cote D'azur a lot, but I prefer to go there during summer time. The thing is, even during summer time, sometimes it is 'too cold' to go swimming there, so I doubt there will be copious amounts of people lounging around the beaches (maybe the private beach clubs will have more traffic, but from my experience it is better to bring girls there than to pick girls up there).

I don't mind flying to Asia or Europe.

You should 100% strike Singapore off that Asia list though. Singapore girls are the definition of 'desperate housewives of Asia', and most of them don't look that great compared to other nearby options like Thailand/Vietnam/etc. Despite what people say here, if you're good looking, have money and game, you'll be a prized asset in Singapore, but it isn't worth it compared to the value you get elsewhere. I feel like Malaysia's beaches should be reserved for local trips when you are living in SEA, and KL only if you really want to visit for the sake of visiting, for this kind of trip. Thailand blows both of those out of the water.

I like Seoul a lot. Eating Korean BBQ everyday is fantastic. To get higher quality Korean girls I think you really need to be living there more long term, or have good network there. You can hook up no problem though. Seoul is actually pretty cool just to visit, so if you don't mind the cold, it wouldn't be bad for the visiting aspect. But getting most value out of a 2 week vacation, i'd pass. (Seoul will ACTUALLY be cold, you will need a winter jacket). Jeju is fun to visit during winter for a few days (if you bring your own date, don't go to hook up), nothing more romantic than holing up in some very stylish hotels, taking shelter from the cold as you cook your dinner on open flame.

Scrub Goa/Dubai/Sri Lanka off your list, unless you really want to visit for tourist reasons. Those aren't the place for an ideal vacation going solo.

I'm not really feeling marrakesh, and don't care to go to a smaller island like canary island. Tunis sounds interesting, as well as cyprus. Would need more info from people about going during winter.

For you, you said you want warmth, and are interested in in Saigon/Seoul. I think you should go to Thailand. Bangkok. Stay anywhere between chitlom and thonglor (look up the bangkok threads for more specifics). Sign up for thaifriendly and change tinder to bangkok. Do this around 7 days before your trip. Pipeline. If you are staying in a hotel, say you live in Chiang Mai, if airbnb, that is better. Then just met up whoever you set up online, and proceed to pick up girls @ the popular malls and bars. Great food. Very warm. If you feel like the beaches, take a cheap flight to any number of top beaches, maybe bring one of the girls you met. Top quality service industry. You're white I presume, from the UK? If you have no issues picking up girls in Europe, you'll be killing it in Asia. Fits all budgets but if you spend the same you spend in UK, you'll be getting way better return on your money there.

If you have already been to Bangkok, doesn't hurt to go again. But Saigon is a solid choice anytime of year. Some places need e-visas for Vietnam (but that is easy to do, just be aware and check if you need to or not)

---------

So right now I guess we've narrowed it down to Thailand or Vietnam in SEA (depending on your travel tastes) with smaller nearby islands as mini trip options.

Europe is still up in the air. Depends on personal preferences.

Pretty much any city in Europe looks to be favorable to visit during winter, it is just a question of how cold are you willing to go, and how much culture/food are you willing to forgo in exchange for being able to talk to the local women (not necessarily give you an edge towards gaming them).

So cold places... Ireland/UK, Scandinavian, Eastern Europe. (none standing out unless you have a personal preference for going for that nationality).

Then Spain/France/Paris/Vienna (I don't think southern coast of france is a good call during winter, unless someone has an experience to tell. Just seems like it would be way too slow given the normal way it is during summer).

With Cyprus/Greece/Italy/Turkey and the coastal parts of Spain/France as unknown value. Even with what everyone has to say, I still can't really objectively tell if one of theses places will be a 'good choice'.

So basically we have an issue with quantifying the warm Mediterranean destinations during winter.

If we can address that, then it is just personal preference for the final decision.

---
Side note: What is up with this forum.. threads average 350+ views per reply? No one wants to contribute?

Thanks for the informative discussion, I agree with most of your advice, i appreciate your comments on Seoul - I'd really want to go when better weather) and singapore.
My conclusion is similar to yours.. Thailand, Vietnam +- small island /beach trips when convenient would be the perfect choices.
Anymore info, tips on saigon weather and why you like it so much? I went to Bangkok last winter and loved it so it's my first choice right now. I've got enough time to visit both cities on this TRIP. Bangkok was lively and as you say, great service industry.

About euro med destinations... Cyprus, Malta, will be popular with family / couples from Mainly western Europe Brits, Germans, Italian, French, Scandinavians (they like Canaries à lot though) etc and def off peak season and quiet.. (I've been to Cyprus in november before, great weather but not lively at all). I've got 12-13 days of leave so I'm def crossing off local euro destinations (much busier and better may - sept) and like you, have narrowed it down to SEA.

Also... We didn't touch on Indonesia... Jakarta or bali worth a shout? Although I don't want to meet loud brash Aussies, they're accent in particular irritates me

Quote: (10-12-2017 08:11 AM)Chavdoctor Wrote:  

Thanks for the informative discussion, I agree with most of your advice, i appreciate your comments on Seoul - I'd really want to go when better weather) and singapore.
My conclusion is similar to yours.. Thailand, Vietnam +- small island /beach trips when convenient would be the perfect choices.
Anymore info, tips on saigon weather and why you like it so much? I went to Bangkok last winter and loved it so it's my first choice right now. I've got enough time to visit both cities on this TRIP. Bangkok was lively and as you say, great service industry.

About euro med destinations... Cyprus, Malta, will be popular with family / couples from Mainly western Europe Brits, Germans, Italian, French, Scandinavians (they like Canaries à lot though) etc and def off peak season and quiet.. (I've been to Cyprus in november before, great weather but not lively at all). I've got 12-13 days of leave so I'm def crossing off local euro destinations (much busier and better may - sept) and like you, have narrowed it down to SEA.
Yeah if you do go to Singapore some other time, i'd make it like a 3 day trip max, and use it to go explore Malaysia or Indonesia after.

I think if you have enough time, just do both Bangkok and Saigon. You know exactly what you're getting in Bangkok, and should be getting similar in Vietnam.

Yeah I don't think euro med places will be good for going solo without any kind of local network. You mostly hook up with other tourists/vacationers, and off-season will leave it quite dead. I suspect most of the places will be the same.

So yeah, like you said, very favorable for SEA picks, or if you are really craving a certain nationality in Europe just go for it (with the only benefit being less tourists).

I'm so tired of Asian girls though...

Quote: (10-12-2017 08:38 AM)Chavdoctor Wrote:  

Also... We didn't touch on Indonesia... Jakarta or bali worth a shout? Although I don't want to meet loud brash Aussies, they're accent in particular irritates me

Jakarta is fine, but it is fairly dirty and traffic is terrible. I would put Jakarta as 2nd choice to Vietnam/Thailand. I think bali is really overrated, and I feel it is more one of those places you'd take a date than go to pick up girls. I guess you could stay in Seminyak. But really has nothing to offer compared to thailand and vietnam. And filled with drunk aussies.

Manila in the Philippines also isn't a bad option.

Asia is probably the play here. I really want European women instead, but I know the quality I would get is better from doing long term instead of this short trip.

So where did u go John? I ended up in bangkok for ten days.. Weather was too shitty to go to any islands... Was happy with bangkok... Hospital service and value for money.. Good heat too.

Any info on Greek Islands? Looking at weather does not seem too bad.

Greek islands are dead now. Starts around may. Theres no point going now unless its just to take an instagram pic