rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Alternative to Whey powder

Hey guys.

So, I recently started the Roosh Program. I've been approaching and working out. I don't have access to a gym, so I use automotive parts as workout materials. I'm a hardgainer. I'm about 65kg.

I'm six weeks into my calisthenics body building program. I eat very well. I eat beans, rice, egg, nuts, cereals, yam, cassava, potatoes etc. My body is slowing changing. I'm bulking up. But I still look kinda skinny. I was told to use protein shakes but to my dismay, the principal ingredient, whey powder, is very expensive. Does anyone know any cheaper protein powder additive I can use to make shakes and get bulked?

Have you tried adding a lot of whole milk? I've heard that helps some hard gainers.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

The Gallons of Milk A Day a diet, The GOMAD Diet works for people that are really hitting their peaks in terms of exertion and trying to gain mass.

Reality check, right now you weigh fuck all. You need to approach eating like a job. You're going to continue lifting, BUT when you're eating you're going to eat til you're full and then eat some more, even when it's uncomfortable.
You're going to eat when you don't feel like eating too. You're going to set out a schedule and then eat predictable and increasing amounts and start recording it. You're going to notice changes in your body, like constipation form eating far too much. That's what it means to be eating the right amount.

Add 1/2 a gallon of milk per day to your diet from there try to build upto 1 gallon of milk per day. You won't like it, but that's the point and it will quickly reframe your mind on what eating a lot versus eating a little feels like.

Milk, nuts, oats, olive oil.
Get those calories in!

Also if you want to get big and don't have access to gym equipment. Add in farmer's walks!

You can use the heaviest objects you have and try carry them a fixed distance and repeat this.
If you can't get heavier stuff, just carry it further and for more laps.
https://www.t-nation.com/training/farmer-s-walk-cure

You will grow!

it's called meat

Thanks Mig Picante.

Never liked milk as a child. I recently incorporated it into my diet. Looks like I'll have to up my eating game.

EmotionalGeek.

White or Red meat?

I've read Red meat is bad for health.

If whey protein is too expensive I don't know you will afford anything else. Lb for lb whey protein is about as cheap as it gets. The only exception might be chicken thighs and drumsticks.

If you're trying to gain weight just eat until your full and et more. Drink a big cup of milk with each meal. If you have to eat junk.

Milk, chicken, eggs.

I'm surprised to hear someone saying whey is expensive, though. It's usually a buck a serving for good brands.

In all honesty, unless you're very short, at your weight you probably just straight-up need more calories and need some fats. Milk, eggs, peanuts, olive oil.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

If you have a blender do chicken shakes.

Take cooked chicken and blend it with beans some rice oil and whatever else. It'll be easier to consume more calories without over taxing your digestive system.

Add water some liquid to desired consistency

Muscle milk? Is this a form of when protein?

I knew this guy who was jacked and asked if he used whey protein and he said no, that he only takes muscle milk.

Muscle milk is a brand. It's a blend of a few different powders.

I prefer optimum gold standard whey.

Whole milk is decent and cheap, and would probably work alright for you.

Just try and eat 24 ounces of chicken, beef or fish a day with several glasses of milk. You'll grow, trust me.

You've probably gone to a supplement store and seen all the overpriced branded products, + store markup.

Whey is super cheap if you find the right source and avoid these big brands that use IFBBs to market their product. MyProtein in Europe is a good example of no frills supplements.

^^^^^^MuscleMilk is a protein blend.

What country are you in? People might be able to recommend a cheap protein. In Australia we have http://www.bulknutrients.com.au which is far cheaper than the branded stuff I see in stores and better quality. There are probably others in the US and Europe, like MyProtein the person above suggested.

Your diet sounds really good, but I believe you need to bump up the calories. Extra serves, extra meat, eggs, cheese, nuts etc.

You need to eat for your target weight, so pretend you're 90kg already and try eat what someone that size would eat. (and eat even when you're not hungry!)

Quote: (10-07-2017 09:27 AM)realologist Wrote:  

If whey protein is too expensive I don't know you will afford anything else. Lb for lb whey protein is about as cheap as it gets. The only exception might be chicken thighs and drumsticks.

Depending on where OP resides, getting your hands on whey powder can be pricey as it has to be imported.

Eat lots of chicken and whole milk. Not sure what your grocery options are like but chicken thighs are generally a real cheap bulk meat.

Nearly forgot to mention canned tuna! (for some it's an acquired taste)
You can also get a slow cooker and use cheaper cuts of meat.

More suggestions:
https://stronglifts.com/build-muscle-on-...f-protein/

Canned tuna is a great choice. If you have a Costco or Sams Club membership, they sell 8 packs of it for very cheap. A great way to add more protein and omega 3 oils to your diet.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein