rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Not having a significant online presence

Since the Las Vegas mass shooting I have noticed something that many may have missed-due to the shooter being in his sixties he had no real online social media presence. His lack of social media presence has left authorities absolutely befuddled as to his motives, emotional state, or recent activities. I find this to be illuminating as to how lazy or incompetent law enforcement is without a perp constantly posting or updating their social media accounts(note the same closed eyes photo of the Las Veges gunman taking a shot of alcohol.....).

The reason I mention this is because I have a low social media profile myself , and it has cost me pussy and lodging. I was looking to rent a furnished condo for 1 month for a work opportunity-I was willing to prepay plus a deposit, and was refused due to not having a Facebook or Instagram. I pulled a hot 20 year old bartender for a date- the entire date was an inquisition about why don't I have a Facebook , Instagram , or Snapchat Followed by an awkward kiss and ghosting(by her).

My point is when you do not have a social media presence it is viewed as abnormal. Furthermore- people in general and law enforcement seem absolutely perplexed how to treat people who do not post their entire mundane lives online-like me trying to remember someones phone number if my cellphone is dead....

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

There was the generation that lived prior to the internet & isn't consumed by the internet.

There is the generation of today that never knew of a world without the internet.

Then there'll be the generation that won't know a world without highly functional sex robots...

Embrace it. I get weird reactions every time I tell someone I'm not on Facebook or LinkedIn.

Think of it this way, every time you bite into a delicious meal, you aren't burdened with the fact that you didn't take a picture to share with a bunch of people that don't give a shit about your life.

"The whole point of being alpha, is doing what the fuck you want.
That's why you see real life alphas without chicks. He's doing him.

Real alphas don't tend to have game. They don't tend to care about the emotional lives of the people around them."

-WIA

I am not on Facebook and never will be. I think putting one's real name on a Facebook account in crazy.

Rico... Sauve....

Quote: (10-05-2017 10:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  

My point is when you do not have a social media presence it is viewed as abnormal.

Pretty much. I have zero social media footprint at the moment. Countless times I've been on dates, and the entire process is about 'why I don't have Facebook'. The most retard aspect of it, is that I'm sitting directly opposite. If they want to know something, the normal thing to do is to ask.

I'm 30, so I came from the generation where I was basically finished highschool before smart phones and social media even existed. We got along quite easily before it, but it seems everyones forgotten how to function without it now.

Personally, I might be a bit paranoid about it, but we still have very little understand of how the internet will develop and progress. I gain very little by having all my movements, likes, dislikes and photos online for everyone to see... It serves no purpose other than attention seeking.

After The Great Meme War I got rid of all of my social media presence. It just stressed me out too much and wore on me. It affects your sanity too. But it's liberating once you get rid of it. Not scrolling through Facebook on your phone every two seconds saves a lot of time you can put elsewhere. Also not reading what mind fucked liberals have to say. Saves a lot of stress in your life.

I take that back. I do have a minor online presence. A burner/ghost account on Instagram to look at big booty ho's.

I am in my 40s but never had facebook for privacy concerns. I belatedly jumped on LinkedIn and wish I had been on sooner due to job opportunities that have come my way.

I'm the same. If a chick makes a fuss about it make a passionate defense of not being a social media robot and she ends up feeling like a stupid lemming and valuing me as an independent thinker with a strong personality. Turn it around in your favor.

Anyway, I never had my low Internet profile actually turn against me. The worst I get is chicks saying "you're an antisocial" in a playful tone, but never actual mistrust.

Several Facebook accounts is a must if you want to live a sort of free life with travel and your own opinions. You pretty much need a facebook these days to get a job or apartment. People feel like they have the right to spy on your personal life through Facebook. If they don't see a lot of personal stuff on your profile then you are "weird". You can get around this by having a solid LinkedIn profile, which is far easier to build up. And a good AirBNB profile too. Maybe have your own homepage in your name.

Facebook sucks, but I keep one to fit in. I deleted it for awhile but I had to recreate it to get a job in 2014. I actually put effort into a well-curated LinkedIn profile, but I'm careful not to tell too much about myself. I use LinkedIn as a online business card nowadays.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

I don't use my real name anywhere and I have so many fake accounts that I have an entire database to remember all of the usernames and passwords.

If work or chicks or anyone else ask about it, I just say that I had a problem with 2 ex girlfriends who turned stalker. "Things got a little weird so I deleted accounts and started using a fake name." Work people say "good idea" and chicks wonder what it is about me that would make a girl so obsessive. Win/win.

LinkedIn is pretty much all I have, and Twitter for breaking news. No sense having all that out there like that.

"A happy man is a happy everybody else in his life."

"Ladies if you want to make your man happy, think about what makes you happy and do exactly the opposite."

"Hey how you doin' and I hope you know that I'm an upgrade for your stupid daughter." - Patrice O'Neal

I'm on Facebook and Twitter but I use an alias. Too many people get fired for social media posts, and I don't intend to be one of them.

I haven't had any job reject me for not having a Facebook, and young girls these days are more into Snapchat. I do have a good Linkedin profile though, which means basically recruiter spam all the time.

At least I'm not the only person who doesn't like to have social media presence.
I used to have Facebook and Twitter but the lack of privacy on those websites was a deal breaker for me.

Nowadays I barely have a LinkedIn account but only to establish communication with a retired businessman.

Since the Las Vegas mass shooting I have noticed something that many may have missed-due to the shooter being in his sixties he had no real online social media presence. His lack of social media presence has left authorities absolutely befuddled as to his motives, emotional state, or recent activities. I find this to be illuminating as to how lazy or incompetent law enforcement is without a perp constantly posting or updating their social media accounts(note the same closed eyes photo of the Las Veges gunman taking a shot of alcohol.....).

The reason I mention this is because I have a low social media profile myself , and it has cost me pussy and lodging. I was looking to rent a furnished condo for 1 month for a work opportunity-I was willing to prepay plus a deposit, and was refused due to not having a Facebook or Instagram. I pulled a hot 20 year old bartender for a date- the entire date was an inquisition about why don't I have a Facebook , Instagram , or Snapchat Followed by an awkward kiss and ghosting(by her).

My point is when you do not have a social media presence it is viewed as abnormal. Furthermore- people in general and law enforcement seem absolutely perplexed how to treat people who do not post their entire mundane lives online-like me trying to remember someones phone number if my cellphone is dead....

I don't know about you guys, but I find it comforting to know that gov't authorities can't easily access such information about me if I don't voluntarily provide it. There is no reason the gov't should be able to easily find out who you were with last, what you ate for breakfast and what your political leanings are---at the same time they are veiling their own activities behind ever burgeoning layers of secrecy & intrigue.

That you could, even in this absurdly interconnected time & space, still opt to more-or-less "go dark" if you were motivated and fairly disciplined about it is a win for the few freedom-loving people left in this country, to be sure. The fact that scumbags may occasionally use it to do harm is really just the price of said freedom--how ever much of it remains.

We suffer more in our own minds than we do in reality.
-Seneca

Quote: (10-06-2017 03:59 PM)DrCotard Wrote:  

Nowadays I barely have a LinkedIn account but only to establish communication with a retired businessman.

LinkedIn is a good platform to quietly run game. Lots of hot female job recruiters on there.

"Ladies if you want to make your man happy, think about what makes you happy and do exactly the opposite."

"Hey how you doin' and I hope you know that I'm an upgrade for your stupid daughter." - Patrice O'Neal

^ Speaking of which - I feel more comfortable with my bangs adding me on LinkedIn than Facebook. [Image: lol.gif]

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

I use social media mostly to build connections at work and to connect with people at school. But I make sure it's professional, the one thing with social media whatever you say on the internet no matter what your opinion is it's on the Internet permanently and nothing can erase that.

There have been examples of people getting fired for what they said on Facebook, Twitter, etc... or in major trouble and ruining their lives. Just some of the things I've seen people post and they wonder why no one will hire them.

I use LinkedIn for work and Handshake for school in regards to finding work through them.

I deactivated my Facebook profile two years ago come December because I got really tired of partisan politics and propaganda being posted by people constantly. Also, I got sick of people bashing the President or Republicans as that would mostly consist of their posts. It gets really annoying after a while, I can only hear them complain about conservatives so much just because they live in an area where Democrats have dominated the political scene for a long time and they've never seen a change of hands in local politics. It's like they want to be oppressed by Republicans for some odd reason.

Plus, the types of posts I saw could prevent a future boss from hiring me or I could get fired.

Quote: (10-06-2017 05:49 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

^ Speaking of which - I feel more comfortable with my bangs adding me on LinkedIn than Facebook. [Image: lol.gif]

Better ROI if you ask me. It's a goldmine that really hasn't been touched, I think.

There are really two angles to it. Either you have a job or not. If you already have something you're good for doing this. LinkedIn is the place to have to answer to recruiters even though you already have a job.

I have a real LinkedIn, a fake Facebook and a fake Snapchat I never use. My LinkedIn does not come up till the second page on a Google search with my real name. I am an internet non presence, all I have LinkedIn and it is bland as it gets.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

It seems like the best move is to go Samseau's route and have a few social media profiles (Facebook, LinkedIn) but use them strictly for PR purposes, to avoid suspicion from employers and that sort of thing. Update with a new profile picture once a year, post some generic travel post quarterly, just enough to make it seem like your content is not totally fake. Then people will leave you alone for the most part and you can get on with your life.

One of the main things I get out of FB is the messenger, it's essentially replaced AIM as an IM service and there are a lot of people I talk to exclusively by messenger.

Quote: (10-06-2017 12:26 AM)Rush87 Wrote:  

My point is when you do not have a social media presence it is viewed as abnormal.

Pretty much. I have zero social media footprint at the moment. Countless times I've been on dates, and the entire process is about 'why I don't have Facebook'. The most retard aspect of it, is that I'm sitting directly opposite. If they want to know something, the normal thing to do is to ask.

I'm 30, so I came from the generation where I was basically finished highschool before smart phones and social media even existed. We got along quite easily before it, but it seems everyones forgotten how to function without it now.

Personally, I might be a bit paranoid about it, but we still have very little understand of how the internet will develop and progress. I gain very little by having all my movements, likes, dislikes and photos online for everyone to see... It serves no purpose other than attention seeking.

That's not quite accurate. My social media is basically one big advert for my companies and the work that I do. In the market place that I operate in, it's simply not an option not to be on some social media and would significantly harm revenues and marketing for what I do.

That said, if I didn't have to do all this, and one day I won't, I'll be deleting all of it for many of the reasons already stated by others here.

This is reminiscent of what Kaczinski pointed out; that once a technology becomes widespread enough, it's no longer optional if you want to participate normally in society.

I write under my real name, but I've largely abandoned Facebook, and my Twitter doesn't contain much personal information. Refuge in audacity. I have a LikedIn I never update, and that's it.

The Great Meme War exhausted me too. In retrospect, it was a bunch of suicide bombers on both sides, ready to turn on their own allies at the drop of a hat. While I enjoy the reach provided by the Internet, I also enjoy my own privacy. I don't need to take pictures of everything I'm doing - I'm happy just doing it, and seeing the vistas for myself.