rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Looks like Tom Petty died of a heart attack.

In other news today, it looks like Tom Petty died of a heart attack. A little before my time, but the dude had a string of hits and a sick guitar collection.

Quote:Quote:

Tom Petty, the legendary singer and songwriter, was found unconscious and unresponsive on Sunday night, suffering from what is reported to be full cardiac arrest. According to TMZ, Petty was unconscious and not breathing when he was found at his home in Malibu, and was subsequently rushed to UCLA Santa Monica Hospital.

Once in the hospital, there was no brain activity and they pulled the plug.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/02/tom-petty-...iac-arrest

Didn't know it was for sure, but yep, looks like he's a goner.

One of the best. God rest his soul. One of my favs:

[Image: hmies.gif]

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Wow, this is more horrible news, What a shitty day. Another extremely talented musician, songwriter gone too soon, RIP Tom.

What the hell is happening today?

Reporter: What keeps you awake at night?
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

OKC Data Sheet

Fuark. I was just on a Tom Petty kick. RIP.

Someone post a YT link for "2 Gunslingers". All I can find on YT are shitty covers.

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.

Finishing off a bottle of Santa Barbara red while listening to Tom.

RIP

You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down

Americans are dreamers too

Damn.

Free Fallin is one of my favorite songs, ever since I heard it on The Sopranos.

RIP.

Rest in Peace to someone who vocalized a lot what we here on the forum go through on a daily basis.
Going it alone in life with only our shadow as our wingman.
Truly going to miss following this man & his guitar.

Man, I was planning on catching him in concert at the end of July. Something came up and I had to cancel. What a bummer...he was a great one.

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)

Supposedly he's not dead YET, but he's still fighting and clinging to life but not expected to live through the day.

https://www.tmz.com/2017/10/02/tom-petty...ac-arrest/

1:35 PM PT -- Sources tell us at 10:30 Monday morning a chaplain was called to Tom's hospital room. We're told the family has a do not resuscitate order on Tom. The singer is not expected to live throughout the day, but he's still clinging to life. A report that the LAPD confirmed the singer's death is inaccurate -- the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. handled the emergency.

No one writes RP songs like this anymore.

You Got Lucky:

You better watch what you say
You better watch what you do to me
Don't get carried away
Girl, if you can do better than me
Go, yeah, go
But remember

Good love is hard to find
Good love is hard to find
You got lucky, babe
You got lucky, babe
When i found you...

Dismal.

RIP. I wasn't a big fan of his, but heard a lot his music over the years. Not many Traveling Wilburries left.

Quote: (10-02-2017 06:08 PM)kbell Wrote:  

RIP. I wasn't a big fan of his, but heard a lot his music over the years. Not many Traveling Wilberries left.

Can't believe Dylan has outlived most of them, just him and Jeff Lynne of ELO left.

I love this song, my fave Traveling Wilbury's song. It's really more of a Dylan style song, but the lick sounds like Tom to me.

Ain't no more opportunity here, everything been done.

Has the reports been confirmed and official that Tom Petty has died? There's been a lot of unconfirmed reports.

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/914994676515475456][/url]

It's unclear what his exact status is. He's brain dead, and the family has pulled life support and issued a do not resusitate. He's not expected to last much longer, but may still be holding for now.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

70's Power-Pop group The Dwight Twilley Band ("I'm on Fire") were label-mates with Petty and they sang on each other's records in 1976. Check out a young, pre-fame Tom Petty guesting on bass with the Dwight Twilley Band in this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTIHKcEM7sY

RIP Tom Petty

RIP. They officially called his death.
http://www.tompetty.com/

RIP a true American legend

He who dares wins - Del Boy

66 years is way too early, he wasn't fat, seemed laid back and probably well-off, maybe bad genes, or too many drugs?

RIP.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Sometimes I just wonder if it's a stress of the life of the rocker. You spend lots of time living on the road and in and out of hotels. You eat lots of restaurant food. You may drink lots of alcohol, even if you don't become an alcoholic. This was one of his best videos. It's from 1991 and features a younger Johnny Depp as "Eddie Rebel." It's a story song about the rise and fall of a rock star.

Tom Petty is clearly plagiarizing Alice in Wonderland with this extremely weird video. Did anyone try to sue him?

I have to wonder about musical people who have videos with lots of tight close-ups of their faces. There seem to be a lot of those in Tom Petty's videos. Is there some narcissism here?

Here is his episode of Behind the Music. It was a VH1 show that aired in the late 1990's. It's obviously out of date. It was a good show that really told a lot about the lives of musicians though:

Quote: (10-07-2017 09:43 AM)puckerman Wrote:  

Sometimes I just wonder if it's a stress of the life of the rocker. You spend lots of time living on the road and in and out of hotels. You eat lots of restaurant food. You may drink lots of alcohol, even if you don't become an alcoholic. This was one of his best videos. It's from 1991 and features a younger Johnny Depp as "Eddie Rebel." It's a story song about the rise and fall of a rock star.

Tom was a heavy heroin user through the 90s. He could have started again. I'm sure that was a contributing factor - it might have even been an overdose.

There's a LOT of money at stake when a celebrity dies. Millions in insurance alone...insurance that won't pay off if it was an overdose. So the family does everything to try to say it was a normal heart attack. Who knows.