rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New generation of stand-up comedians are not funny

Raised on soy and political correctness, they may be less funny than comedians in Stalin's time. A common trend among them is self-deprecation and general softness. They joke about nothing that could cause offense.

Moses Storm

Best joke: Ice cream bucket is cheaper than a normal bucket.

Matthew Broussard

Best joke: The founder of the vaginal G-spot is probably creepy.

Naomi Ekperigin

Best joke: "I'm fat".

Gina Brillon

Best joke: Her standards are going down as she ages.

Ahmed Bharoocha (best of the bunch)

Best joke: We eat the babies of cows and drink the milk intended for their babies.

It's safe to say that Comedy Central or TV talk shows won't promote any comedian that shares red pills like comedians of the past. RIP Patrice O' Neal.

I don't know if Amy Schumer is considered new generation comedian but I tried to watch her stand-up on Netflix, she wasn't funny at all. How the hell is she making money from that shit?

I'd say George Carlin is still funniest comedian from United States.

The Joe Rogan / "Deathsquad" crowd are where it's at.

Back when comedy was funny

^^^ Yeah there is a lot of good talent in that circle (i.e. Joe Rogan, Joey Diaz). My favorite is Theo Von--absolutely hysterical.

Of the comics in the OP, several of them were on Conan. I doubt any producers would let any red-pill comics on stage. They need to put "men" out there who fit the social programming narrative.

I don't care what Roosh says, Jamie Kilstein is better than Richard Pryor, Patrice Oneal and Bill Burr COMBINED. Jamie Kilstein's comedy is feminist, woke, and sex positive which makes it three times better!!!!

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

Speaking of Bill Burr. One of the greats for now. [Image: cool.gif]

The world could use another Dangerfield.

Or Rickles.

“As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” - Donald J. Trump

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth

Great comedy will never be mainstream. Hollywood only takes "safe" draft picks.

Amazing comics are out there. But they aren't wasting their time trying to get on Conan.

I lived for a few years in Hollywood years ago and I had a roommate who was a professional comedian. He knew all the comedians and said that Rodney Dangerfield was considered the best comedian for handling hecklers. He said that by time Dangerfield was through, the poor guy was crawling on the floor trying to get out. He said that Jay Leno was the comedian all other comedians respected. He also talked about the problems comedians have with other comedians stealing their material. I went with him once to the Comedy Club and saw Robin Williams do a set and we talked to him afterwards. My favorite was the comedians who would tell stories. They would start out with a simple story of something they did that day and gradually make it more and more exaggerated and absurd. That is something you can only do in a club and not TV.

Rico... Sauve....

Meanwhile, the late night shows just give a political speech every night. This week, Kimmel talked about healthcare instead of even trying to make a joke. The guy who got famous for having chicks with big tits bounce of trampolines is telling me how to vote.

Those millennial comedians make me appreciate Seinfeld's style more. He wasn't obscene, but wasn't afraid to venture into potentially 'offensive' territory either. This is in contrast to more modern comedians who either are too afraid to offended anyone at all, or are full on "talk about my cock and balls" types like Louis CK. CK has some funny moments, but I can't really appreciate the super-crass approach as much. That's why I prefer old Simpons to South Park. It takes much more skill to execute in such a way that lands on the listener with grace rather than brute force.

That being said, I think a common theme in these modern comedians is Narcissism, rather than self deprecation. The kid in the first video talks about himself and his appearance, for example how he looks like the rich kid in the movies but is actually poor...who cares dude? Tell some funny stories or jokes...nobody cares about who you are or what you look like. They should be focused on entertaining the audience, not themselves.

Same with the idiot in the second video who's opening line is "I look like a douche bag". All he's really saying is that he's insecure. That's all I took away from it anyway. These kids don't understand what their job is...to make people laugh. And each of them failed to do that for me.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Anthony Jeselnik is great. He takes no prisoners. He wrote for Jimmy Fallon, but they never did a single one of his jokes because Fallon is obviously a giant pussy. I doubt he'll ever be super popular.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

^^^ Jeselnik actually dated Amy Schumer.

Quote: (09-29-2017 09:11 PM)Seth_Rose Wrote:  

^^^ Yeah there is a lot of good talent in that circle (i.e. Joe Rogan, Joey Diaz). My favorite is Theo Von--absolutely hysterical.

In one night at the Comedy Store a few months ago I saw Joey Diaz, Sebastian Maniscalco, Joe Rogan, Whitney Cummings, Chris D'Elia and Theo Von. Theo got a little thrown off that night because the cooks in the kitchen were shouting him down and I think it threw him off, after he made a crack about Mexicans. Whitney is my favorite female comic today. Chris D'Elia is hilarious. Joey Diaz is a total freak show, the best. Joe is the MC of the entire event, and super red-pill. Sebastian is now a god.

This is your batch of modern, up and coming comedians.

These whispy little millennial comedians they trot out to Conan and TV, are pretty awful. But TV effectively makes them unfunny. Best to see any stand up comedian in person at a club, before you judge them. Even the best comedians that go on TV talk shows have horrible, abbreviated, neutered sets.

Quote: (09-29-2017 09:08 PM)Cane Toad Wrote:  

Back when comedy was funny

That is one awesome coat.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

The Puerto Rican chick did spill one red pill truth. She talked about how in her 20 she was revolted by catcalls from men on the street. But in her 30's she gets excited to hear even one cat call, probably because she fast approaching the wall and she knows it.

The only female "comedian" who's ever made me laugh out loud was Lisa Lampanelli. Haven't watched her lately but she could be good. Everybody else nowadays, male and female, might as well just be CNN hosts.

George Carlin. Richard Pryor. Some time later, guys like Sam Kinison, Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence and Robin Harris. (The latter three could be "black comedians" without resembling the BLM rants of today.) Even Andrew Dice Clay was pretty goddamn funny.

Comedians almost always seemed like they were funny and line-crossing when I was a kid. And we get fucking losers like Aziz Anisari and Amy Schumer?

And those are the funniest ones, too...

Quote: (09-30-2017 04:51 AM)Rhyme or Reason Wrote:  

Same with the idiot in the second video who's opening line is "I look like a douche bag". All he's really saying is that he's insecure.

That moment really took me aback. He's literally apologizing for being good looking.

I remember Richard Pryor used to do some routines about his failed marriages and addiction-related mishaps, which could be seen as somewhat self-deprecating, but goddamn . . . no one from that generation of comics would have come out on stage and the first thing out of their mouth is apologizing for what they look like.

Watch the Don Rickles vid above for the complete antithesis of a navel-gazing, insecure soiboi comedian. Rickels' shtick was 100% directed outward, talking about everybody else and ripping the shit out of them. Ironically, he was so bombastic and so committed to insulting everyone that no one ever got offended by him. It was considered an honor to find yourself in his crosshairs.

[10:25 in the Rickles vid — Julia Roberts starts to say something and he shuts her up: "You have no lines, Julia. Just nod." I'm gonna have to remember that.]

Quote: (09-30-2017 05:06 AM)renotime Wrote:  

Anthony Jeselnik is great. He takes no prisoners.

More Anthony Jeselnik:

Quote: (09-30-2017 12:57 PM)stugatz Wrote:  

And we get fucking losers like Aziz Anisari ....

About the most punchable face on stage right now. Can't stand that fucking twerp.

Quote: (09-30-2017 03:51 PM)SlickyBoy Wrote:  

Quote: (09-30-2017 12:57 PM)stugatz Wrote:  

And we get fucking losers like Aziz Anisari ....

About the most punchable face on stage right now. Can't stand that fucking twerp.

Yeah he really is hideously awful.

I like this guy.

Most entertainment sucks these days. A lot of people are having trouble generating fresh material.