rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best ethnic cuisine?

Best ethnic cuisine?

What's your favourite?

Best ethnic cuisine?

Most favorite: Indian, they may shit in the streets but damn curry is so good.

Most overrated: Thai (only pad thai is good), Mexican (only like tacos and burritos which are really texan), ethnic Chinese (American Chinese food is way better).

Best ethnic cuisine?

1. Japanese
2. French
3. Indian subcontinent
4. Chinese
5. Italian
6. Lebanese

Best ethnic cuisine?

Quote: (09-25-2017 05:38 PM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Most favorite: Indian, they may shit in the streets but damn curry is so good.

Most overrated: Thai (only pad thai is good), Mexican (only like tacos and burritos which are really texan), ethnic Chinese (American Chinese food is way better).

Curry looks like shit in the streets.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Best ethnic cuisine?

Well Chinese tourists shit in the streets too. This is about food guys, grow up.

I'm pretty new to the forum but I've noticed the level of maturation here isn't extremely high.

Best ethnic cuisine?

Japanese is the best ethnic cuisine.

A lot of breadth of different techniques, flavors and preparations. From old and traditional to modern cuisine.

Best ethnic cuisine?

Quote: (09-25-2017 06:23 PM)Vinnie Wrote:  

Well Chinese tourists shit in the streets too. This is about food guys, grow up.

I'm pretty new to the forum but I've noticed the level of maturation here isn't extremely high.

I'm not so new to the forum, but i've noticed the lack of proper spelling and grammar from newbies isn't particularly high.

Best ethnic cuisine?

You mad?

Best ethnic cuisine?

Southern BBQ - Smoked pork with a side of beans and some corn bread.

Also, a forum with members from all over the globe is gonna have a hard time determining exactly what "ethnic" is.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

Best ethnic cuisine?

Quote: (09-25-2017 08:40 PM)Alpharius Wrote:  

Southern BBQ - Smoked pork with a side of beans and some corn bread.

Also, a forum with members from all over the globe is gonna have a hard time determining exactly what "ethnic" is.

Ethnic, as in different from their own.

Best ethnic cuisine?

Indian curry. You know, the one from Britain.

Best ethnic cuisine?

1) Japanese- sushi, sashimi, etc
2) Korean- best BBQ
3) Puertorican - extremely greesy but great food.

Best ethnic cuisine?

Cuban food makes your dick big

[Image: discussionclosed.gif]

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Best ethnic cuisine?

I'm going to make an elaborate post to explain why french cuisine is the best. It is the only european cuisine that is schooled in all three schools of cooking (fat/lard, olive oil, and butter).

1. French
2. Italian
3. Spanish (I'd probably put japanese there but I just love spanish food)
4. Japanese
5. Greek
6. Austrian (with Austro-hungarian influence)
7. German
8. Mexican
9. Portuguese
10. Russian/Polish ( I know, two different styles, but can't decide which one I like better)

HM: Morrocan, Lebanese, Turkish

Yeah, I find Indian food good but pretty gross in general. And out of all asian cuisine, only japanese cuisine I can safely call art. I'm not familiar with proper chinese food from China but in Montreal I find it pretty gross.

I'm a big fan of cheese, obviously my favorite countries (France, Ausrtria, Italy, Greece, Spain) are all good cheesemakers. That's the only reason Portugal is lower on the scale.

I would like to slot mexican food somwhere,

Best ethnic cuisine?

1. Georgian (the heartiest cuisine in the world)
2. Thai (Japanese used to be my second favorite, but if you want to be riddled with opportunistic organisms, eat your nigiri/sashimi)
3. Indian
4. Mexican
5. Bulgarian/Greek/Serbian/Turkish/Iranian
6. Korean
7. French/Italian/Spanish
8. Colombian/Venezuelan (arepas for the win)
9. Brazilian
10. Russian

Best ethnic cuisine?

1- Thai
2- Japanese
3- Russian
4- Turkish
5- Middle Eastern (Lebanese, Egyptian, Morrocan, etc....)

Absolutely hate Indian food, it's disgusting!

Best ethnic cuisine?

The Best:
1 = Steak
2 = Thai
3 = Indian
4 = Greek
5 = Mexican
6 = Japanese
7 = Arab (Turkish/Lebanese etc)
8 = Georgian
9 = Viet
10 = Italian
Honourable mentions to Spanish, Slavic, French, Peruvian, Portuguese...

The Worse:
1 = Colombian
2 = Philippino

Best ethnic cuisine?

Jamaican/West Indian stuff is really good and underrated.

Greek is awesome too but only in the homeland. I've had consistently horrible experiences at Greek-American run restaurants here in the US.

Best ethnic cuisine?

I like Italian, specifically southern/peasant type of cuisine.

Best ethnic cuisine?

Quote: (09-25-2017 09:32 PM)MrRoundtree Wrote:  

I'm going to make an elaborate post to explain why french cuisine is the best. It is the only european cuisine that is schooled in all three schools of cooking (fat/lard, olive oil, and butter).

1. French
2. Italian
4. Japanese
5. Greek
7. German
8. Mexican
9. Portuguese
10. Russian/Polish ( I know, two different styles, but can't decide which one I like better)

Yeah, I find Indian food good but pretty gross in general. And out of all asian cuisine, only japanese cuisine I can safely call art. I'm not familiar with proper chinese food from China but in Montreal I find it pretty gross.

I'm a big fan of cheese, obviously my favorite countries (France, Ausrtria, Italy, Greece, Spain) are all good cheesemakers. That's the only reason Portugal is lower on the scale.

There is plenty of different type of Portuguese cheese, almost every small city in the mountainous regions has their own kind, as such there is not a recognized "brand" as let's Brie or Camembert.
Since you are a cheese lover I dare you to explore a little more our cheese.

Best ethnic cuisine?

Quote: (09-26-2017 11:37 AM)Rocha Wrote:  

Quote: (09-25-2017 09:32 PM)MrRoundtree Wrote:  

1. French
2. Italian
4. Japanese
5. Greek
7. German
8. Mexican
9. Portuguese

There is plenty of different type of Portuguese cheese, almost every small city in the mountainous regions has their own kind, as such there is not a recognized "brand" as let's Brie or Camembert.
Since you are a cheese lover I dare you to explore a little more our cheese.

I will definately...buts its a small country so im not sure it is as diverse as Spain, Greece (i love cheese from sheeps), italy and especially France. Even Austria mountain cheese ( and switzerland) is hard to beat so I rank it higher.

Even Quebec, with our french heritage, we have a lot of good cheese and the only place in north america where we can produce "lait cru" cheese

Best ethnic cuisine?

Quote: (09-25-2017 09:26 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

Cuban food makes your dick big

[Image: discussionclosed.gif]

[Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

Best ethnic cuisine?

Id have to say Indian, just cause Im so accustomed to spice. Since India is diverse AF, Im going to group the food into 3-4 main categories.

1) South Indian - more seafood, rice based, coconut and not as spicy

2) West Indian - more vegetarian, super spicy, carb heavy

3) North Indian/ Pakistani - more use of butter/cream, lots of meat dishes ( usually chicken, goat, lamb), not too spicy, lots of Mughal influence

4) North East - this is the part of India that borders China so there is a huge influence from there. The food has a greater similiarity to Chinese food, very little spice, pretty bland but still good ( in the same way that roast beef and mashed potatoes are bland yet good, if seasoned well lol)

Best ethnic cuisine?

Anyone familiar with Balkan cuisine?

Best ethnic cuisine?

Any from former USSR, particularly Ukrainian, Armenian, Usbek, and Kyrgyz.