rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tokyo

I just came back from a month in Tokyo and I thought I would give a quick rundown.

As is common knowledge, the place is huge. So I will just spit what I know well.

I stay near Ikebukuro for the most part when I am there as family has a rental apartment that I can access. I also crash from time to time in the Hiro-o area as well.

Ikebukuro is a big city, second biggest in Tokyo I believe. But it gets no love and has a reputation for being seedy. But every gate from the main station has a different vibe. There is a HUB there, which is a chain of british style pubs where I have a track record somewhere around 50%. The girls that go there in Ikebukuro tend to be University girls from the area and foreign male competition is weak. The girls are there to chat up english speakers in shyt english, and some are there for a free language lesson. So weed out those broads early if you can.

The top of the Metropolitan hotel is a classy joint that can attract some fly ladies in the 30yo range. J girls love city lights (pretty much anything shiny) and this place is a great spot to bounce to from another pub if you pull early.

Hiroo is a very upscale hood in Shibuya and near Roppongi. There are lots of embassies and universities around. For the most part I just crash here from time to time at a friends place. The starbucks near the train station is a four story girl magnet and I managed to meet some top tier ladies here. Great place if you like the ~20yo crowd. I kid you not, just walk upstairs, lock eyes with a student and move in.

I tend to go for the ~25 crowd, so I will hit up some wine bars around 6 or 7 when work ends. Japanese people dont like to go home, so many just hang out until last train as it beats looking at four walls in a 400 sqft box. I got sucked in by a half Jap half Argentinian girl from the Argentinian embassy after I swooped her in a bar here. The drama almost killed me but she was a legend.

Nakameguro

Again this is a nighborhood but it has a pretty relaxed vibe and lots of cool lounges. I really dig it there, and the women are much more receptive and cool. A good place to start the night as its only two stops from Shibuya.

Shibuya

Nothing in the world like it. Nothing. Its a city that is dedicated to decadence. Its a young crowd (~22) but the quantity and quality of women is surreal. Overall, I tend to be hit or miss here. Some legendary nights and also complete busts. I usually hit up a 300 yen standing bar to begin with. Pulled some stellar cuties from here, but I truly crave the 8's and 9's in Shibuya.

If anyone has flown ANA here, this is what I look out for in Shibuya. The height, the long neck, and hair style then I approach. Not a science, but I can often pick out air hostesses on the street and get some good game going with them and sometimes an invite to come along. Often this is to a VIP section of a club with champagne and a dozen leggy girls. Some of the best nights of my life.

Roppongi

This has been covered a bit in other threads, and it is pretty much what you expect. I am not a big fan, but nights at ALIFE always end with a sexy girl curled up next to me. The type of girls here, IMO, can be a bit lower class than I like. The upside is they are not shy, many shave their box (wild bush can be a problem in Japan. Love hotels always have razors and I have trimmed a fair share this way. You're welcome fellas) and can be animals in the sack. Yes, they are sloots.

If in Roppongi and have some cash, Roppongi hills (or the Hills) is good. My good mate hangs here a lot, and we have swooped some fine girls from the lounges here. A bit older, ~30, but at that age they really can take care of you.

Akasaka

Really only checked this town out recently. Stayed a couple nights at the Hotel New Otani here. The hotel is pure Japanese class, overlooking a famous garden and a nice walk to the palace. The cafe here can be loaded with models, but the set up is not conducive to game unless they are at the bar. I would stroll around the hotel and day game the girls rather than in the cafe. I met two swedish girls who were new to town and trying to get modelling work. They were stunning, gave me all the right signs but were impossible to separate.

There are quite a few foreign corps here, so the wall street types frequent a lot of the bars. A friend works here in investment banking and we went out for a wild night that started here. Met him after work at a place called Hanoka, which is a thong bar where the chicks roll around in g's. We paid $40 for all you can drink and a bunch of appies. After that we hit a cigar lounge, then an upscale type place that had a large amount of gold diggers. Many were ~35, still pretty hot, but they are on the declining end of beauty and they know it. Me and a buddy took a couple girls home, pushed for a foursome but ended up in separate rooms. This broad had the nicest tits I have ever seen, let alone on a 33yo. Turns out they were fake, but had me fooled they were so well done. After that night, I became a fan of fake titties.

I have some more data that I can add, but I thought these were a good place to start.

Tokyo

Superb report. Definitely a country and city I am intrigued by. From what I had previously been told Japanese girls had to be recruited as tourists due to being sexually conservative. This data is a welcome change to those reports.

Tokyo

Agreed, thanks for the detailed info.

Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen! -John Mason (The Rock)

Tokyo

+1 from me as well. The information outside Roppongi is excellent. I would assume you speak Japanese? Ha. It's nice to know some of the girls are shaving the hairy monsters. That was my only drawback to J-girls.

Tokyo

I don't actually speak very good Japanese, in fact beyond the basic introductions when it moves into conversation I fall off. I do study a lot when I am there, about four hours a day. I find a good cafe where a lot of other people are studying and then go from there. There is always some cute girl to help you and some times you can bounce with them some place else.

What helps me out immensely is going out with a wing that speaks fluent Japanese. I can lure the girls in with Kavorka and then my wing hits them with Japanese and we go from there.

When solo I start out with what I know. Directions to a cool gallery, shop, bar or whatever, and when my Japanese begins to break down, I apologize for my shitty Japanese. Why this works:

Japanese are obsessed with perfection. They might know a bit of english, but are too shy to screw it up, so they remain silent. After I try my limited Japanese and break a bit of the ice, they usually feel a bit more comfortable to try it out. Especially if they are into you.

DATA

Kichijoji

I used to do well here when I was younger ~23 as it is seen as a somewhat counter cultural area of Tokyo. You will see some pretty out there teenagers in the park area south of the station. But I still like the area a lot, and have thought that if I move to Tokyo, this might be where I would live. There are lots of bars around the station that are pretty busy every night of the week. There are some really good cafes here too, with the one in the park on the other side of the foot bridge being a particular favorite on warm days and evenings. Great day game area.

Also around the station here are the love hotels. They dont seem to be as busy as the Shibuya ones, although they are not as cool.

Ginza

This is the money area of Tokyo. At one point in time, the value of the Ginza area is said to be that of California. And it shows. But this area is pretty cool in its own way as well. Being Tokyo, old and new are comfortable next to each other, as are rich and regular.

I would recommend coming here on an expense account if I were you, though. To really do it up well here you need to be flush and stylin. A friend has a lifetime membership at the Esquire Club here, so we usually chill here and sip scotches and smoke cigars with our personal bunny waitresses. Pure class.

After that we go to a place nearby based on tips from the staff, or look for the line of cabs and benzes. The area is very old money, and as a foreigner you can be pretty much ignored by the women. This is inner socialite turf and I enjoy observing and just being friendly with those around me.

I will drop some more data when I get some time.

Tokyo

I live here now, so hit me up if you come here!

A friend of mine had great success with daygame, but I had no time to try it so far.

The city is huge and I still haven’t been even in every nightlife district. Anyone, I have been in the main nightlife districts (Roppongi, Shibuya). I also went to Shinjuku, Ikebukuro and Ebisu: but there one can find few/no clubs, most people leave after midnight (when there is no more subway), before people go to japanese stile bars which are not good for meeting girls, or the best options are the British style pubs, in particular “Hub”, which can be found nearly everywhere in the city. “Hub” is also good option to start the night in Shibuya or Roppongi (and some people told me the east Hub in Ikebukuro is good); it can be a bit hit or miss though, many times I went into a hub there was no girl I wanted to approach. The best clubs I have tried so far: Genius in Gensai (sometimes closes already at 2am), Muse close to Roppongi (nobody is there before midnight, goes till the morning), Vanity in Roppongi (one night was great, one night was bad). But there is a long list of clubs I still have to try ...

My conclusion so far: I have tried many areas and many clubs, but my success rate was by far highest in Roppongi. And it is not as bad as some people make it ... The only thing is the guys that constantly try to get you into their club. There are zero hookers in the bars and clubs, all my normal Japanese friends go to Roppongi. But, also some horny Western guys go there. But it is not overrun by them, and probably never will be: it is too expensive for the average horny traveler.

And considering how easy it is to get laid: For a first world country, it is ok. Compared to some much poorer countries, it is not as easy.

I just posted in the forum my experiences in most of the cities I have been to!

Tokyo

Dope sheet on a city that doesn't often get covered on the Forum +1

Tokyo

Quote:Quote:

My conclusion so far: I have tried many areas and many clubs, but my success rate was by far highest in Roppongi. And it is not as bad as some people make it ... The only thing is the guys that constantly try to get you into their club. There are zero hookers in the bars and clubs, all my normal Japanese friends go to Roppongi. But, also some horny Western guys go there. But it is not overrun by them, and probably never will be: it is too expensive for the average horny traveler.

Nice write up on Roppongi. I have to agree that as much as the place takes a bad rap, it is not a place that should be avoided entirely. There is just too much going on.

It has history for partying and hooking. My friends mom met her husband in Roppongi in the 1960's. At a club. Every Kanto-jin has spent some time there chasing skirt or being chased.

Tokyo is just too big to call an entire area off just because of a small issue (club promoters, groups of drunken foreigners, etc). Some places in Roppongi have atrocious talent but because they are in Roppongi there are foreign dudes that are still all over them. Then there are places there that have amazing talent, a good vibe and nice people.

Keep me updated on how things are going. I will be back there this year at some point.

If you are there in summer, make sure you check out Ageha for one of their pool party nights. Heaven.

Tokyo

Quote: (03-13-2012 06:27 AM)Laner Wrote:  

Keep me updated on how things are going. I will be back there this year at some point.

If you are there in summer, make sure you check out Ageha for one of their pool party nights. Heaven.

Thanks for the tip with the Ageha, I will check it out in summer! I was there once in January I think, it was rather empty! But it is definitely a huge clubs with some nice areas to meet girls!!

And a quick update on the girls here: Tokyo is by no means easy. Especially if you go for the really hot girls and don't speak Japanese, it is actually damn tough. (I have been to a lot of the clubs and bars now, but did only a bit of streetgame.) This is what I experience (even though I get compliments from the girls for the way I look) and also the guys from the lair I met and my other friends. I was speaking to some senior guys from the forum and asked them how much getting laid a lot in Tokyo means: they said 20 girls a year are possible. Not that much in my book. And that also fits to my statistics: I got 1 or 2 girls per month here (but I do not speak Japanese), and some of them got introduced to me by friends at dinners or something like that. Girls made every step difficult: started talking to them, coming to my house, kissing, ...

((Sidenote: I am happy there are no more rep-points, one never got them for post that say something different then "place X is super easy!" Keep it real.))

Tokyo

Nice report.
[Image: gift1.jpg]

Always had Japan on the to do list. I remember when the footie World Cup was happening over there. There were news reports showing hot young thangs asking English football fans for their autographs. I always wondered if that turned into lays or not? Will defo hit Japan up in the next 24 months.

Thanks for sharing the info.

Tokyo

great post. increasingly intrigued to check out Tokyo and Asia!

Tokyo

I just wanted to give a quick update on Tokyo.
After I have been living here for a while, I really love the place.
I still think it is not the best place to get a lot of same night lays.
But it is a great place to have multiple girlfriends.
Girls here are very feminine, and unlike other Asian countries money is not an issue for them.
I managed to see 8 girls in parallel at one time, and I only cut down because it started to get really stressful.
Also, every time I go out it seems it is quite easy to get phone numbers. And from hot girls! Girls here don’t show boobs (cause most don’t have them), but legs, and some have fake eyelashes and contact lenses to make their pupils looks bigger. In general they want to look cute, not necessarily sexy.
Makeouts in clubs the same night are not as easy, but not impossible in the right venues.
So I think Tokyo is best enjoyed if you stay here for longer periods of time.
I still don’t speak too much Japanese by the way.
Sometimes the full show happens at the first follow up meeting, most often at the second. They most often reject to meet straight away at my place for the first meeting (for me cooking something typical from my home country, I say).
Korean girls here in Tokyo are a bit hotter for me, but also need way more meetings to get comfortable to have sex.
I know some guys here that get regulars SNLs, but usually with lower quality girls.
I spent a weekend in Osaka, which was also great fun! Might be easier than Tokyo.
Being a bit of a gentleman works great, cause Japanese guys don’t do it (like helping her in the jacket).
I haven’t experienced that J-girls would be crazy in bed, but they sure enjoy sex and maybe object a bit less than European girls to extraordinary things.
Public kissing and so on makes them feel uncomfortable, even when they are your girlfriend.

Tokyo

Quote: (05-09-2012 04:43 AM)european_lover Wrote:  

I just wanted to give a quick update on Tokyo...............

Nice info.

Could you give us a breakdown of costs? Let's say staying for a month,renting a cheap place and going out every day. J girls are the only Asians who really turn me on and wouldn't mind heading out there this winter if it won't rape my wallet too badly.

Tokyo

I forgot to mention two things:
1. Girls here are busy, so it can be difficult to arrange meetings and schedule things. Makes it difficult if you stay only for a week. But on the positive side, that makes it easy to see them only once a week, if you see multiple girls.
2. Logistics are really important. The city is big, the last trains/subways go around midnight, taxis are super expensive and people actually take their job serious. Therefore, dates during the week last typically 7-11pm. And cause they don't feel comfortable getting physical in public places, that needs to be taken into account -> you need to come up with a reason to go to your place early enough. Or better, set up the date already there. Or take her to the love hotel, or to a karaoke without cameras ("big echo" for example).

Ok, for money, I think the absolut minimum in rent is 50000 Yen, especially if you are here only for a month. Not all clubs ask entrance, but the ones that do are about 3000 Yen. A drink is around 500 Yen. Cheap meal, 500 Yen. I would say 4000 Dollar a month, but don't expect high life for it!

Tokyo

Another quick update:
Now I am up to 2 new bangs a week (happened a couple of weeks in a row now, with cute girls). But usually these girls took quite a lot of time in absolute terms: Meeting, taking phone number. Date happens a week or 2 weeks later (cause they were busy). Then maybe even another date was necessary (again a week later). People here normally don't agree to arrange a meeting for the same evening or the next day.

Tokyo

Quote: (06-10-2012 10:16 PM)european_lover Wrote:  

Date happens a week or 2 weeks later (cause they were busy). Then maybe even another date was necessary (again a week later).

Very true. It's perfectly normal to schedule a date for 2-3 weeks later, and mostly the girls don't flake. Most important thing is you have to have your logistics tight to bring them to where you're staying (or at least to karaoke) asap and seal the deal.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Tokyo

european_lover, i'm living in japan now, we should meet up.

I don't know about tokyo but where i'm at now , i've been on several dates that happened right after meeting them.

I ask them to show me where a certain bar is, and try to get them to take me their because i'm the lost foreigner, then I ask them that while where here we might as well get a drink only 1 though.

My fastest bang so far was within 2 hours of meeting a girl at the bookstore.
I opened her with a book about fashion rambled for a while, then told her I was new around here and didn't know
any bars. She then told me about a place and wanted to show me. So we get there I drink a few but she doesn't drink anything.
I then ask her to drive me home since i'm a little drunk and she is the sober one. I then invite her inside asking her if she could show me how to operate my heater since it's all in Japanese. She agreed, then not long after the bang happened.

Tokyo

Quote: (06-11-2012 02:55 AM)memcpy Wrote:  

european_lover, i'm living in japan now, we should meet up.

I don't know about tokyo but where i'm at now , i've been on several dates that happened right after meeting them.

I ask them to show me where a certain bar is, and try to get them to take me their because i'm the lost foreigner, then I ask them that while where here we might as well get a drink only 1 though.

Yes, definitely. I wasn't very clear in my original post. When you are out with them, you can bounce to another place. What I meant is when you are on the phone or texting, telling to meet up for the next day is very unusual. Even with friends here, that's not how it works in Tokyo. Also for parties, I usually get invited weeks ahead. Unlike in Europe, where it is very normal to suggest to meet up just a couple of days ahead (and planning a meetup 2 weeks ahead would be strange in most situations).

When you are a tourist, they are socially aware enough that they might find time for you the next weekend or something like this. But friends of mine that came as tourists also lost tons of girls that were definitely interested, and wanted to meet them, cause the girls would have time only when my friends were already gone ...

I will send you a pm for meeting up!

Tokyo

Banging a chick within 2 hours of meeting her is very possible in Tokyo. I lived there for a year back in 2008. It helps to know Japanese, it helps to be tall, and it definitely helps to be white and blond. Doesn't mean brothers can't clean up either, but tall white guys seem to have a lot more options there than everybody else. If you're a white dude into Asian girls, here and Korea is the place to be because the odds are definitely in your favor! I'd say the more Japanese you know, the hotter the girls will be that you'll have the possibility of banging, no matter what color you are. Japan is the best Asian country in my opinion, because the people there are very progressive compared to Koreans and Chinese. Japanese chicks are very loyal too and will take care of their man. Not very wild in bed, but they dress very sexy in and out of the bedroom. The only girl in my life i've ever considered marrying was a J-girl because she was just perfect inside and out. In the Roppongi/Gaijin circuit you basically have your camps of chicks that hang out of dive bars that are usually into haku-jin (white guys) and your ones that hang out at hip hop clubs that are into koko-jin (black guys). Not by any means a rule, but if you want to ignore this fact that'll just mean you'll be working harder trying to pull some ass that a white/black guy will easily take away from you because that's her preference. But I usually go for the young business women who are too old in Japanese guys' eyes (25 is the cutoff here) and are kinda desperate for some dick. Every now and again I'd swoop up a 19 or 21 year old J-girl, but my bread and butter was 25+ year old girls.

What @memcpy describes was pretty much my routine on the train ride home from work (when I wasn't dead tired and in the mood to game). Meeting chicks at clubs just didn't get me the same results. The best were the girls sitting alone at coffee shops or book shops. You'll see drop dead gorgeous girls just sitting alone drinking coffee sort of waiting to be picked up. Tokyo is the only place where I had to reject girls because I was already banging like 8 regulars a week. I couldn't take in any more. I wanted to but I just couldn't. I lived in Harajuku (Shibuya) tho, right off the Yamanote line, so my logistics were tight. I had lots of restaurants right around my apartment so I could easily swoop them back to my place after dinner to "look at pictures of my family in America" or whatever. If they missed the last train they had to spend the night. 95% of the time, if the girl stepped foot in my apartment she was getting fucked. No matter if it was the first date, the first week, whatever. The same pretty much goes here in Europe too.

Tokyo

Ok the other night I took a chick to a standing bar and had a drunk japanese salarman try to cockblock me. I had my arm around my girl and this drunk japanese salaryman tells me "no" and takes my arm off of her. I'm like 'wtf'? So I put my arm around her again and he tells me to stop. Then he trys to befriend me by saying he has no English friends. I finally got him to fuck off by just telling him 'look we are busy here, it was nice chatting with you, bye'.

This bar is small and cramped and can only fit maybe 15 people. Is it common for these salerymen to cockblock? It's the first time taking a girl to this kinda bar.

Tokyo

Quote: (06-11-2012 07:26 AM)memcpy Wrote:  

Ok the other night I took a chick to a standing bar and had a drunk japanese salarman try to cockblock me. I had my arm around my girl and this drunk japanese salaryman tells me "no" and takes my arm off of her. I'm like 'wtf'? So I put my arm around her again and he tells me to stop. Then he trys to befriend me by saying he has no English friends. I finally got him to fuck off by just telling him 'look we are busy here, it was nice chatting with you, bye'.

This bar is small and cramped and can only fit maybe 15 people. Is it common for these salerymen to cockblock? It's the first time taking a girl to this kinda bar.

I never cared for the tachinomiya type bars because of the drunk guys.

Most likely the guy wasn't cockblocking, he was just wasted. He was talking to the girl, too, telling her she was coming with him.

The other problem is that they cram so many people into those little places.

I think the idea is that people only stay for two of three drinks since they are standing. That's why they're close to train stations, and close early. You'll see that those places mostly only serve food that doesn't require a full kitchen to prepare, also.

They want you in and out.

Aloha!

Tokyo

Came across this nice little video. I need to make another trip there soon!

Tokyo

I don't really share your enthusiasm for Tokyo tbh.

Can you pull in one of the Roppongi clubs with some lame Top40s music and western tourists looking for Japanese pussy? Sure.

Is it better than any other city in Japan? Definitely!

The average quality in Roppongi is kinda low however (mostly japanese society rejects, few good looking Japanese girls by local standards can be bothered to get fluent in English) and the club and bar scene is really small if you exclude the Nigerian scam joints where you get drugged and robbed (never follow the touts there).

If you're location independent and not some Japanese workaholic you'll quickly find that Tokyo is really boring if shopping all day every day is not your idea of having a good time and the language barrier is just too big.

There are no cool lounges, all the foreigner friendly somewhat larger bars are crap and the clubbing scene is dying.

10 years ago the clubbing scene was good, but these days there are only a few clubs left outside Roppongi that aren't dead most of the time or purely cliquish and they're usually overfilled to the point that you can barely get through the crowd.

When it comes to clubbing and good nighttime options, give me Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok etc. any time over Tokyo.

With all the negatives aside, if you can be bothered to get fluent in Japanese, day game is king and night game is almost a waste of time.

In Shibuya there are cafes filled to the brim with single girls, sipping coffee and virtually waiting to get picked up and Yoyogi Park on weekend is full of girl groups too. Bookstores are an option as well as record shops.

If you only speak a few words japanese you won't get far however unless you hit the jackpot by meeting an english speaking girl.

Tokyo

Can you pull in one of the Roppongi clubs with some lame Top40s music and western tourists looking for Japanese pussy? Sure.

Roppongi is huge. This statement is lacking and is what most people "think" about the place. As I said, I am not a huge fan, but to write the place off is foolish.

If you're location independent and not some Japanese workaholic you'll quickly find that Tokyo is really boring if shopping all day every day is not your idea of having a good time and the language barrier is just too big.

Really? Come on. If Tokyo is boring then you need to drop some intel on where to go. I am losing you here.

There are no cool lounges, all the foreigner friendly somewhat larger bars are crap and the clubbing scene is dying.

I am not sure even how to respond to this. We are obviously spending time in different places. Every city/night/club has hits and misses, but in Tokyo there is no reason to have a "crap" night. Just "crap" logistics and intel.

Tokyo

Quote: (09-27-2013 03:51 AM)Laner Wrote:  

Roppongi is huge. This statement is lacking and is what most people "think" about the place. As I said, I am not a huge fan, but to write the place off is foolish.

It's mainly concentrated on a tiny area next to Roppongi crossing, calling it huge would be a stretch, but maybe I'm missing something.

Really? Come on. If Tokyo is boring then you need to drop some intel on where to go. I am losing you here.

I personally like any major south east asian cities more than Tokyo, but that's just my personal preference.

I am not sure even how to respond to this. We are obviously spending time in different places. Every city/night/club has hits and misses, but in Tokyo there is no reason to have a "crap" night. Just "crap" logistics and intel.

I'm not really interested in getting into an argument with you, just posting my POV. I spend 3 months there over the years and would say my intel regarding night life has always been solid and I tried lots of clubs and bars.