rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone doing Shopify?

Anyone doing Shopify?

Just wanted to ask if anyone in the forum is doing this and making any coin. I see thousands of gurus going around and saying this is the next big thing, but Im skeptical..

Some claim to be making 5000-10000$ profit from only one store.

Now if you can even make 1000$ profit after taxes it would be great success, as it doesnt take too much time. This money is enough to rent a decent pad with good logistics in most of the emerging world.

Lets use this topic to brainstorm!

Anyone doing Shopify?

eCommerce has been on fire for the last couple of years. Recently, I threw up a store and broke even pushing on FB ads. After that I sold it on Flippa, just to cover my costs and see if I can do it. It was a good experiment and when I get some more time I'd like to dive deeper into it.

Know a few people making 6 figures/MO personally. It is not unheard of.

Anyone doing Shopify?

I'm not. But yeah you can make that money for sure and lots of people even make a lot more than that. The reason people hype it so much though is so that you sign up through it through their affiliate link and they get a commission. And if they were really making decent money from their store, I doubt they would and be so keen to make money being a salesman for Shopify and so welcoming and inviting of the extra competition. As with anything on the internet, you won't see the people making real money shouting about it.

Anyone doing Shopify?

I'm currently working on Shopify store. Hope I will make money on it one day

Anyone doing Shopify?

I've done several things:

1. Opened Shopify + Dropified general store for testing products
2. Been through the Dropship Legacy and Aliexpress Ecommerce courses (from Brian at Loser2Winner.com).
3. Started trying Facebook ads

It definitely appears to be viable, and during a recent EcommCon e-commerce presentation series, several entrepreneurs who are doing it (or used to do it) say it's still viable.

It seems to require find a good niche and running video ads, which are said to have far higher conversions that image ads.

Brian's course recommends the following criteria for products:
1. Mass appeal
2. an impulse buy
3. Pricing (fits profitability criteria, and cost level for buyers)
4. Works for selling multiples to buyers
+ also, video if possible is avaiable.

So far I'm getting some add to carts but have made $0 so far :/

He advocates for running 3-5 adsets (starting worldwide) in a campaign to build your pixel then using look-alike FB ad audiences for testing ads.

I'm taking advice I got from the Social Ads Smash guy to start with 1 country and try more products. I'll run some more ads this weekend.

In the Dropship Legacy Facebook group, people are definitely making money, but said they had to try various products.

I was told that if you're running a "general store", it isn't good for your FB ads pixel, so an app like Pixel Bay is used to target product-based audiences. It integrates into your FB ads target audience options for running adsets based on things like who added to cart, who bought, who when through checkout but didn't pay, and more. Also for re-targeting past customers.

Looks like I'll just keep trying products & learning.

Anyone doing Shopify?

1. Shopify works. I've made 5-6 figures running several dropshipping stores, and recently sold one of my stores for mid-5 figures.
2. Read my datasheet
3. Don't ever buy a course. Everything available is for free on Youtube/FB Groups.

Anyone doing Shopify?

Started up a shopify store this week and always looking to connect with other entrepreneurs.

Anyone doing Shopify?

Quote: (02-27-2018 05:16 PM)RustyShackleford Wrote:  

Started up a shopify store this week and always looking to connect with other entrepreneurs.

(1) If launching a Shopify store makes you an entrepreneur, then the bar for being an entrepreneur is even lower than I thought. I'd adjust my opinion if you are selling a product-line that involves innovation on some level, but I'm guessing you're actually just selling t-shirts through a POD service.

(2) Until you demonstrate that you have the knowledge, skills and ability to turn the Shopify strategy into a full income, a Shopify store isn't a business. It's a hustle. Having a hustle isn't being an entrepreneur, it's called having a hustle. A kid who saves up for college by mowing neighbours lawns from time to time isn't an entrepreneur.

(3) A legitimate business (rather than a hustle) is an entity that combines at least two of a number of potential assets or services. Of these, having a platform (which a Shopify store would quality as) and having a brand (which certainly does not exist on day one) are key.

If you're serious about this, brand is key, because in a world where everyone and their nephew have a Shopify hustle, differentiating yourself from the 10 million Shopify stores selling POD t-shirts is ESSENTIAL.

To be a business, rather than unreliable source of occasional income, your customers will have to see your identity as unique and worth returning to. Ideally, they will have enough faith in your ability to delivery products that they will like that your shop is worth bookmarking and returning to regularly. You don't want to be the place that just happened to have a t-shirt someone liked once, but lacked a cohesive identity (also called branding) that convinced them that you wouldn't consistently make products available that have the same unique appeal as the one they bought.

(4) "Looking to connect with other entrepreneurs" means "please contact me because I'm afraid that I don't know what I'm doing, don't see a clear path to success and will feel better if I'm in contact with a group of people who will reassure me. Ideally, you're more experienced than me and can hold my hand and walk me through the whole process."

(5) Shopify is attractive to many people because it gives the impression that it makes the process of creating a business easier. This is true. It eliminates the challenge of creating a ecommerce website from scratch. That's about it. Building a business (or even having a successful hustle) requires plenty of effort, money and time.

The key activities that keep you and your money business should be (x) developing a winning brand, (y) creating great products, and (z) engaging in successful marketing/advertising (in that order).

This is true for any business, not just a Shopify business. Fail at these fundamentals, and you're not going to make much money.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Anyone doing Shopify?

Shopify is a great tool once you've built your brand, don't get me wrong. I use it for my side business.

However, you're going to spend a lot of time and energy getting your brand equity to the point where consumers will take the time to seek your store out as opposed to just going to Amazon.

What I do is use Amazon FBA to build brand equity and drive sales to my Shopify site, as well as the advertising strategies pushed above. Let's be clear: you WILL NOT make money off of Shopify until your base is built and people know your brand well. Amazon FBA however is a different animal. I was profitable on FBA in the first month I started.

Anyone doing Shopify?

Well said suits