rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Putin: Leader in artificial intelligence will rule world

Putin stresses the importance of AI.

Quote:Quote:

Russian President Vladimir Putin says that whoever reaches a breakthrough in developing artificial intelligence will come to dominate the world.

Putin, speaking Friday at a meeting with students, said the development of AI raises "colossal opportunities and threats that are difficult to predict now."

He warned that "the one who becomes the leader in this sphere will be the ruler of the world."

Putin warned that "it would be strongly undesirable if someone wins a monopolist position" and promised that Russia would be ready to share its know-how in artificial intelligence with other nations.

The Russian leader predicted that future wars will be fought by drones, and "when one party's drones are destroyed by drones of another, it will have no other choice but to surrender."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business...166704.php

He may have advanced intel to say these things, but unfortunately, it seems Google and other Silicon Valley companies are ahead of the game in this area. If Google develops a super AI bot, on top of their ability to control information via text and video, and on top of their research into military robots, they become something like Skynet.

As if we didn't need another reason to breakup tech giants like Goolag. We desperately need anti-trust laws to be applied to them, and many other tech oligarchies.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Quote: (09-01-2017 06:12 PM)John Michael Kane Wrote:  

As if we didn't need another reason to breakup tech giants like Goolag. We desperately need anti-trust laws to be applied to them, and many other tech oligarchies.

We just need to enforce our anti-trust laws. The EU nailed google a couple months ago for trust violations.

"Boy ya'll want power, God I hope you never get it." -Senator Graham

While I agree with what he's saying in theory, I don't think it's going to be quite as cut and dry as some people try to portray it.

If you use other forms of military technology as a parallel, like guns, military history has rarely been as simple as "he who has the best guns, wins". America wouldn't even exist if that were the case (since the British were clearly superior in terms of military tech. and equipment), and many of America's wars would have played out much differently, like the wars with the Native American tribes. The Native Americans didn't simply surrender when the equivalent of their "drones were destroyed".

In the same way, I don't think it'll be as simple as "he who has the best AI wins" -- because as AI technology increases, their will also be new strategies and countermeasures developed to deal with its presence on the battlefield. Unfortunately, this is all so abstract that it's difficult to predict exactly how it will pan out.

But, for instance, will less bigger robots be superior to more smaller robots? How will robots wage war (e.g., line, trench, guerilla, etc.)? How will robots be supported in battle? How can the weaknesses of robots, drones, etc. be exploited?

What happens when one country tactically nukes 50% of another country's robot army or a few of their drone manufacturing plants? How will EMP-like technology develop?

Say the US has the better human military but China has the slightly better AI; which one wins in an open conflict? Would China's slight drone superiority be enough to counter overwhelming human piloted air force superiority?

Because that's likely how things are going to play out. We're not talking about a war where one group has guns and the other has bows. We're talking about a war where one army has drones and the other has slightly-lesser drones.

You also have to take into account manufacturing capabilities. It's not feasible to simply produce infinite numbers of drones and robots, anymore than it is to produce infinite numbers of jets and battleships.

Nor is pure numerical superiority the deciding factor in most wars.

And in a way, as technology advances to the point of seeing early robots introduced to battle, battle tactics may actually become less advanced. Because early robots probably won't be able to use cover, concealment, etc. in the same way that humans have evolved to do over the past few centuries.

We could see situations where a technologically-superior robot army fights a more mobile human army and it plays out in a way similar to the Vietnam War.

In a funny way, the Terminator movies are an interesting way to think about it. Sure, Arnold could fuck up random humans, but the more advanced "terminators" were not always successful in fighting him, in particular when he had human support. Sure, it's just a movie, but I think it makes a valid point in that how AI and robotics are applied will be as important as the technology itself.

And contrary to what that movie portrays, we're still a long, long way off from a human-sized robot that can simply walk into waves of gunfire and explosives without taking a scratch. Even the best tanks are practically useless without support because of their glaring vulnerabilities. And that's before anti-robot technology, which will surely be a major focus, comes into play.

^^

No need for robots or drones. True super artificial intelligence will just shut off all the electricity in enemy countries or something like that. When someone first comes up with super artificial intelligence, there's no battling to be done, it's over. Checkmate for eternity.

Super artificial intelligence will be like magic to us mere mortals.

AI isnt necessarily just autonomous "living beings" or drones. It can also be guessing what Roosh ate for breakfast this morning to find weaknesses and strengths. Deep Learning and Natural Language processing is just the start. THAT is Google and Silicon Valley.

I believe Putin is too simplistic in his analysis.

It's an interesting discussion. But with humans being presently the most intelligent forms on the planet, I don't see how AI will necessarily augment that besides helping humans multitask and safeguard certain military procedures.

That's not to say technology doesn't play a huge factor in warfare, but I see the major advantages occurring within some sort of machine/human synergy or cyborgs. Mechanically augmented humans, but still with a human brain and intelligence.

The technological singularity event on the other hand would very possibly mean an advantage to no-one and the death of everyone.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Dominate the world?

How about dominate the freaking solar systems and all its ridiculous resources.

I will go one step further: Dominate the entire Milky Way.

Conquering the entire planet is passe. That was the dream of generals and emperors with swords and sandals.... With AI.... it is galactic domination.

[quote='Roosh' pid='1641010' dateline='1504307306']
Putin stresses the importance of AI.

Quote:Quote:

Russian President Vladimir Putin says that whoever reaches a breakthrough in developing artificial intelligence will come to dominate the world.

Nuclear weapons have made conventional warfare obsolete. If we ever have a war that starts off with conventional weapons and ends in a nuclear exchange, then it is game over for the entire world. Thus, the conflict has shifted from military to economic and cyber warfare.

Artificial Intelligence has gone through several cycle where it over promises, followed by disillusionment of investors, and then an AI winter. In the 80s, they overpromised with expert systems. Japan spent billions on the Fifth Generation Project which failed. The funding was then sharply cut everywhere. I think it is coming back now, once again, because of "Deep learning", which is actually more mathematical and statistical and doesn't involve traditional symbolic processing, e.g. lisp machine. However learning is a key aspect of intelligence in which symbolic processing never made any breakthroughs.

Rico... Sauve....

I have just started to scratch the surface researching these issues. We are experiencing exponential growth in technology that is difficult for the human mind to comprehend. But in a finite number of years computers and machines will eclipse us. For example, computers are better at us than chess, they can drive a car, etc. This stuff is not perfect but they are on a machine to pass us in perhaps 10 years, maybe 20.

If you are interested in this topic generally, I recommend a thought provoking book by a Darwinist titled Homo Deus. Also, Richard Kurzweil's book from a decade ago The Singularity is Near is probably the seminal book in this area but is not easy reading and is not where I would start.

I think that combat bots and artificial drone armies are only a few decades away.

[Image: tumblr_o69kmvKlGP1u10jf6o2_500.gif]

There was an episode on Black Mirror about autonomous insect drones:

[Image: tumblr_ofir5tyPiq1tvuj3eo6_250.gif]

EMP countermeasures are of course tricky, but they can be countered.

Though let's face it - the real war would be won by the high-tech nation, the one with the most advanced technology and the highest amount of resources. Pure manpower numbers only matter insofar as how productive their people are to generate revenue, pay interest, spawn engineers and scientists.

Personally I think that the current globalists who control most countries in the world also control Russia and China. There are some countries and entire nation-states that they don't entirely wield control over, but that is what WWIII will be for.

But since depopulation is one of their goals, then I doubt that they will roll out just modern armies so that drones kill each other. That is utopian wishful thinking.

Interesting read:

Excerpt
"By the end of this month, China will have built an unhackable quantum network that connects Beijing and Shanghai.
China has the only ‘quantum’ satellite that in June successfully relayed a quantum signal between two cities – Russia has successfully tested a 51 qubit quantum computer.
How far behind is a quantum internet?

China is considered the world leader in A.I. research and development.
A.I. technology has reached a point where singularity is on our doorstep … our lives are already being impacted.

China owns most of the world, its debt, and its precious metals.
They are the undisputed world leader in Bitcoin mining and cryptocurrency trading. Their blockchain-based platform known as ACChain is designed to digitize physical assets and convert them into cryptocurrency."

Click Here - China Quantum Computer/AI Article

Quote: (09-02-2017 07:10 PM)ScrapperTL Wrote:  

Interesting read:

Excerpt
"By the end of this month, China will have built an unhackable quantum network that connects Beijing and Shanghai.
China has the only ‘quantum’ satellite that in June successfully relayed a quantum signal between two cities – Russia has successfully tested a 51 qubit quantum computer.
How far behind is a quantum internet?

China is considered the world leader in A.I. research and development.
A.I. technology has reached a point where singularity is on our doorstep … our lives are already being impacted.

China owns most of the world, its debt, and its precious metals.
They are the undisputed world leader in Bitcoin mining and cryptocurrency trading. Their blockchain-based platform known as ACChain is designed to digitize physical assets and convert them into cryptocurrency."

Click Here - China Quantum Computer/AI Article

Eh, this is the focus of cryptography pretty much everywhere. Public key crypto relies on one-way functions that can be broken by quantum algorithms once quantum computers get big enough, so the solution is to go back to private key (basically the same as the one-use pads they had back in WW2, except using entangled qbits to make sure the two parties and no one else gets the same string of random shit to encode with)

This will suck for a while though, because only large companies and governments will have the resources to securely encrypt things while also being able to crack anything the little people try to encrypt with classical encryption algorithms.

Plus the Chinese seem to be pretty good at stealing our secrets the old fashioned way anyways.

Nah. I dont think so. Putins statement is more political than anything else. We are far, far away from any real ai that could simply fight wars for us. We are probs 20years-30years from self driving cars and todays robots can barely walk in straight line on a controlled surface let alone on real terrain.

The whole AI thing is just something our western technological-progress based based culture keeps pushing on us through the media. I would advise the average person not to waste time taking such distractons seriously until we see real progress.