rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

In DC for 2 more years, making the best of it?

Alright fellas, as you guys know...i'm one of the people who's complained about DC of course. Getting an employment opportunity in NoVA. Decided to stay here as my unemployment is running out soon and didn't get the job that i was trying to interview for a help desk job that would've been in Austin, TX(Would've been payed a bit lower tho). Least i'll finally move out to have my own place/roommate.

So I'm wondering....since i plan to get a telecommuter job once the two year contract is over....what do you guys suggest I do in the mean time?

Day Game? Meetup.com/ThingsToDC/ProsIntheCity Events?, Bars outside of DC? Travel one weekend a month? Just try to go for day 2s and leave the bar early? Online Game?

Not sure what I should do at this point....considering i only really did night game and stopped doing day game actively a couple years ago.

Quote: (09-05-2011 11:37 PM)TheWolfHowls Wrote:  

Not sure what I should do at this point....considering i only really did night game and stopped doing day game actively a couple years ago.

I used to bitch because I was too old for hot San Francisco chicks, but in any major city there are tourist chicks who are at least interested in the place enough to spend money to be there and haven't had time enough to catch the overvaluation cancer which places like DC apparently inflict.

Go to NYC every chance you get.

The club scene is whack though....there's tons of events going around town....museums, bookstores, lectures.

Quote:Quote:

IKnowExactly:

I used to bitch because I was too old for hot San Francisco chicks, but in any major city there are tourist chicks who are at least interested in the place enough to spend money to be there and haven't had time enough to catch the overvaluation cancer which places like DC apparently inflict.
We can only hope my friend. It is kind of ironic though. This year most of the girls i meet up with didn't have that disease/were foreign/staying for about a year.

Quote:Quote:

a085:

Go to NYC every chance you get.

The club scene is whack though....there's tons of events going around town....museums, bookstores, lectures.
NYC Night scene is wack? Really? How come?

Maybe there are certain spots you can research and stake out, like the Lincoln Monument, that are world famous and attract the highest number of tourists. Like a lion waiting by the river.

Quote: (09-06-2011 11:02 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Maybe there are certain spots you can research and stake out, like the Lincoln Monument, that are world famous and attract the highest number of tourists. Like a lion waiting by the river.
Don't most tourist spots usually have more middle aged people and families? lol.

Tysons Corner mall. The quality has definitely gone down (I was there again yesterday) over the years, but there were still a lot of cute girls. You can game the shit out of that place if you have free time on the weekends.
Weekdays are good too because you get the unemployed, milfs, singles and ladies living off someone else's money.

Quote: (09-06-2011 09:09 PM)Smitty Wrote:  

Tysons Corner mall. The quality has definitely gone down (I was there again yesterday) over the years, but there were still a lot of cute girls. You can game the shit out of that place if you have free time on the weekends.
Weekdays are good too because you get the unemployed, milfs, singles and ladies living off someone else's money.
Really?! There still are? lol. I mine as well check it out on a weekday. Haven't been there in a year.