rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stand by Your Man, Title IX and USC Kicker

It's refreshing to see a woman publicly loyal, for a change...

From the LA Times

Quote:Quote:

The girlfriend of former USC kicker Matt Boermeester said Sunday that the Title IX investigation that led to his removal from the school's football team was "horrible and unjust" to her and Boermeester.

Zoe Katz, 22, a senior, said in a two-page statement her attorney emailed to The Times that Boermeester "has been falsely accused of conduct involving me." Katz confirmed that the statement was hers. Her attorney, Kerry L. Steigerwalt, said that USC alleged that Boermeester shoved Katz outside her home.

USC suspended Boermeester in February while the school investigated what it called a “student-conduct issue.”

Mark Schamel, an attorney representing Boermeester, said Boermeester was not permitted to return to USC following the school's investigation, in which USC alleged that Boermeester assaulted Katz. Katz has denied this, as did Boermeester, through his attorney.

In the statement, Katz said she and Boermeester have dated for more than a year. The Title IX investigation began, Steigerwalt said, after a neighbor witnessed Boermeester and Katz roughhousing. The neighbor told his roommate, who told a coach in USC’s athletic department that Boermeester was abusing Katz. The coach then reported the incident to the Title IX office.

Katz said she was summoned to a mandatory meeting with Title IX officials, where she told investigators that the two were playing around. Katz was subsequently told that she “must be afraid of Matt,” she said. She told officials she was not. Boermeester has not been arrested or charged with a crime.

“When I told the truth about Matt, in repeated interrogations, I was stereotyped and was told I must be a ‘battered’ woman, and that made me feel demeaned and absurdly profiled,” Katz said. “I understand that domestic violence is a terrible problem, but in no way does that apply to Matt and me.”

Katz said that she has “never been abused, assaulted or otherwise mistreated by Matt.”

Boermeester, who kicked the game-winning field goal for USC in the Rose Bowl, was suspended from USC, then barred from campus and from meeting with USC's athletic trainers or members of the football team. The school also barred Boermeester from contacting Katz, she said.

A spokesman for USC, in an emailed statement to The Times, said that “the university has concluded its investigation. Student disciplinary records and proceedings regarding any matter of student conduct are confidential and protected by law. Per the registrar, he is no longer enrolled at the university.”

Katz said the Title IX office made her feel “misled, harassed, threatened and discriminated against,” and caused her to hire an attorney.

“The Title IX office’s response was dismissive and demeaning,” she said.

In the statement, Katz said she is coming forward now to clear Boermeester’s name and lobby for change in the Title IX office’s investigative procedures.

“Matt Boermeester did nothing improper against me, ever,” Katz said. “I would not stand for it. Nor will I stand for watching him be maligned and lied about.”

Color me surprised that the LA Times printed this at all, considering it is hugely damning to the Title IX Witchtrials.

I would like to know who the turbo-dweeb is that couldn't distinguish the difference between horse-play and a beating. Nice done, asshole, you just fucked this guys life up good.

Zoe Katz seems to have her head on straight, though let's be real, she could just be hoping to see the NFL in her future. I couldn't find a pic of her, but did find this video

Contrary to expectations, the AIDS crisis hasn’t yet killed all of the world’s performance artists.

-Jim Goad

With Betsy DeVos in charge of the DOE, hopefully, we should see a lot less of this soon. Good for this girl not buying into the feminist nonsense of trying to lynch a man without cause.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

This is nuts. School's have no business investigating anything but cheating

Something is missing from this story. We all know Soyboys are everywhere these days, but why did 2 roomates/dorm mates report him to the athletic department for being rough with his girlfriend?

What was in the original report? Was he merely spanking her or was it off the wall stuff like BDSM?

Don't forget some battered women will not go against their man for a litany of reasons. Women that stood by while wearing black eyes and shiners are the reason why we have some of these domestic abuse laws, like the ones where the state or country can press charges even if your wife refuses to testify against you.

I would love to give the benefit of the doubt here, but I don't see enough details to see her point, and to fully believe that Title 9 is on a full fledged witch hunt. If Title 9 is in the right and she is in the wrong, that could set back the good examples back for years because the media will point to case as an example of Title 9 working properly.

Title 9 and the NCAA is all about fucking money. None of this stuff has anything to do with law or student safety.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Quote: (07-31-2017 09:41 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Don't forget some battered women will not go against their man for a litany of reasons. Women that stood by while wearing black eyes and shiners are the reason why we have some of these domestic abuse laws, like the ones where the state or country can press charges even if your wife refuses to testify against you.

Then if this is the case, the schools shouldn't be punishing any "student conduct" issues and letting the proper authorities, ie a police department, handle them.

Secondly, women are adults too and if they're not willing to go against their man for whatever reason that's their own prerogative. We're all given free will in this world and it's time they start living up to their supposed equal abilities.

She looks like a sweetie.

[Image: Zoe+Katz+2013-14.jpg]

Doesn't dress like the stereotypical stuck up USC woman:

[Image: tulsa02.jpg]

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (07-31-2017 09:41 AM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

Something is missing from this story. We all know Soyboys are everywhere these days, but why did 2 roomates/dorm mates report him to the athletic department for being rough with his girlfriend?

I got you, Kai.

Let's unnnpack the bullshit, fellas.
It's long, but it's worth it. (heh)

Zoe Katz

Quote: (07-31-2017 10:22 AM)debeguiled Wrote:  

She looks like a sweetie.

[Image: lP2gUb1.jpg]

Debeguiled nailed it, Zoe Katz comes across as a sweetheart.

Not super hot in photos, right off the bat, but quite cute. By her USC tennis profile pic, she has a good disposition. Zoe doesn't have the man hating, feminist, resting fish face look. Maybe after 5 years in corporate America, yeah. Right now? Nah.

Bonus: no vocal fry!

She reminds me of Kate Mara: similar looks, and I'd surmise similar behavior.

Based on photos only, Kate Mara doesn't give me a 100mph autochub. However, if I met her in person, I'd find her charming.

Zoe Katz is feminine in both presentation and demeanor. The argument can be made that she has a masculine jawline, but that's hover(hand)ing into pointy elbows territory. She still has "the light" in her eyes when smiling. Zoe majored in psychology, and is planning to become a veterenarian. She even brought her puppy to the USC tennis interview that Charles Martel linked to.

Matt Boermeester

[Image: zQ1wkpB.jpg]

6'0"
181 lbs
Communications major
3.2 gpa

Matt Boermeester's height and weight are in the normal BMI range. He doesn't look brolic or jacked. If you saw Boermeester on the street, not in football uniform, wearing casual clothing, you'd think "Oh, just a regular dude." He'd be so average/normal looking that you wouldn't know he's a football player at first glance.

Labels & Stereotypes
"He's a football player"
"Yeah right..."

"He's the kicker"
"Pfft...no wonder."

Each initial statement is factual, and implies status.
Each response attempts to refute a fact, and denigrates that status.

It's easy to call Matt Boermeester "just a kicker", implying that he's at the bottom of the football heirarchy, but that's untrue. He's a winner:

Boermeester was 18-of-25 last season on field goals, with his USC career culminating in the 46-yard field goal to topple Penn State in the final seconds of the Rose Bowl.

Despite how normal looking both Matt is, he has tremendous social cachet. (At least prior to this trumped up DV charge.)

If you dig deeper, you'll find that Matt has a good football pedigree: his dad was a kicker at UCLA and with the Cleveland Browns. His HS baseball team won the San Diego Division III title in his senior year. He was an outfielder.

Matt attended a Junior College, transferred to USC, and won an athletic scholarship. The next year (2015), their starting placekicker was concussed, so he filled in and did well. In 2017, he hit the game winning kick against Penn State in the Rose Bowl.

That is to say: Matt is a winner, decently athletic, is clutch, and has good grades in a "dumb" major. What kind of person would be upset about that? Hmm...

Frame of Mind

Her attorney, Kerry L. Steigerwalt, said that USC alleged that Boermeester shoved Katz outside her home. [...]In the statement, Katz said she and Boermeester have dated for more than a year. The Title IX investigation began, Steigerwalt said, after a neighbor witnessed Boermeester and Katz roughhousing. The neighbor told his roommate, who told a coach in USC’s athletic department that Boermeester was abusing Katz. The coach then reported the incident to the Title IX office.
(emphasis mine)

If Matt and Zoe were comfortable enough to roughhouse outside HER residence, where neighbors could see, then it's probable they'd done so in the past.

What changed? What was the catalyst? We'll get to it shortly.

This situation wouldn't be a problem if Matt and Zoe were the iconic exemplars of sexual dimorphism, say the tall and handsome starting quarterback and the beautiful head cheerleader. A pair like that would be so astronomically high status as to be a comical abstraction that they may as well exist (in the neighbor's mind) in another reality. Effectively, Matt and Zoe would be untouchable.

But because they come off so normal, what Matt has seems attainable.

TravelerKai, to answer your question:

why did 2 roomates/dorm mates report him to the athletic department for being rough with his girlfriend?

Matt looks like a chill dude. Someone I'd be good grabbing a beer with. If he gives off that vibe, then I assume he'd be cool with his neighbors. But that's thing though.

It wasn't Matt's neighbor who instigated this. It was Zoe's Neighbor.

USC alleged that Boermeester shoved Katz outside her home.

Hypothesis

Typically college kids dorm up during freshman year. After that, they figure out who they like, and roommate with them at a house, apartment, or move into greek housing.

Zoe was a senior this past year. It's foreseeable that she's lived at this house since the end of her fresman year. She could have been neighbors with the accuser for up to three years.

I guarantee you that this Neighbor has never spoken to Zoe Katz. Maybe a "Hey," in passing, but not enough for a third party observer to claim they're friends. His name doesn't show up in any of the articles, and Zoe doesn't really direct her anger at a particular person, only frustration at the situation.

This Neighbor of Zoe's has been pining for her for some time. He ratted Boermeester out due to seething envy.

Katz said she and Boermeester have dated for more than a year.

-Socially maladjusted
-Warped sense of reality, possible psychosis
-Pedastalizing Zoe Katz
-Uses the word "deserve" a lot
-Willful ignorance

It takes some combination of the above traits to completely miss the mark on an interaction.

"Noooo, OMG babe stahhhhp. Tee hee! Whutttt are you doing nooooo!"

What amounts to a bit of slap and tickle gets taken literally based on what the girl is saying. No reading into the body language of a couple who have been dating for a year or so. A complete inability to understand foreplay and realize that the pair are merely getting cozy. The protests aren't against Zoe Katz being assaulted or raped, it's more of a request to move the proceedings inside the house.

Catalyst

If Matt and Zoe were dating for such an extended period, and were comfortable enough to show PDA at her house...why did the assault charge happen now? Why not earlier?

That's because Matt Boermeester, regular looking, All-American guy, WON THE ROSEBOWL.

[Image: la-sp-usc-boermeester-wont-return-20170725]

http://www.espn.com/college-football/sto...ans-roster

LOS ANGELES -- Southern California kicker Matt Boermeester is no longer on the Trojans' roster after hitting the winning field goal in the Rose Bowl in January.

He was suspended from the team in February after an undisclosed "student code of conduct issue."

Matt's status went big league after winning the Rose Bowl. I think this was when Neighbor went nuclear. Imagine how much shine Matt ended up getting after January. He's hailed as a hero at USC, everyone is high fiving him daily, random strangers commend him for a good game, so many girls look at him that way, and Zoe loves him even more..."Sooo unfair! He doesn't deserve it! He doesn't deserve her! He's just a kicker!"

"Fucking Matt and his stupid last name. Probably Dutch...close enough to German. Therefore, NAZI!!! I'll slay the Boermeester dragon directly...by exaggerating the story to my roommate. Roomie is such a chivalrous guy, I'm sure he'll do something, like...like...tattle to the Nazi's coach!"

After finding his roommate, Neighbor explains Matt was DoingBadThings.txt "He held her down. She said no. He did it anyway! Reeeeeee m'ladyyyy! And then, and then *hyperventilate* he pushed her through the front door and brought her inside! She CLEARLY did not consent!"

He didn't notice her grin and eyes beaming with anticipation, though.
Weird, huh?

See how you did that?
See how you had just done that?
I had been talking about it figuratively,
and then, you took it all physically?
And took it to a 'Hole...'Notha...Level

'Hole 'Notha Level

Post Rose Bowl, Neighbor couldn't stack up against Matt anymore, not even as a SecretKing and WhiteKnight combined. If he could be both King Arthur and Sir Lancelot, then there's no way Lady Zo--I mean Lady Guinevere couldn't be his.

The Neighbor could never win the love and loyalty of a girl like Zoe Katz. Not in his current state. She even hired her own attorneys to exonerate her man.

“Matt Boermeester did nothing improper against me, ever,” Katz said. “I would not stand for it. Nor will I stand for watching him be maligned and lied about.”

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Personal Example

My hypothesis may be farfetched and I may be wrong about the details. I don't know how this situation came about, so all I can do is speculate. But reading through the article, my first instinct is that something about the story didn't add up.

In keeping with the spirit of this thread, I'll tell you something that happened to me in college. Nothing as terrible as what happened to Matt, but coming from a similar intent.

At the time, I was rooming with a few other guys. Two bedroom, two bath apartment on campus. Two guys to a room, so we all shared space.

Room 1
AbsentRoomie
JohnDoe

Room 2
CoolRoomie
SpiderKing

I threw a low-key get together for maybe half a dozen friends, mixed company on a Friday night. JohnDoe and CoolRoomie were in their rooms for the most part, and came out to socialize intermittently. The night was winding down, and there were only a couple guests left: DudeBro, CuteGirl, and me. The girl who stays is the girl who lays, and DudeBro read the situation. "SK, it's been cool, I gotta head home. Lemme fix y'all some drinks before I go." Awesome guy, still a good friend to this day.

CuteGirl and I were getting cozy, so we took our conversation back to my room.

CoolRoomie quickly excused himself: "I wanna watch ESPN."

Our only TV with cable was in the living room. [Image: banana.gif]

A few minutes in, CuteGirl and I still had our clothes on. I was on second base, looking to homer. An urgent knock broke up the quiet room. "SK! SK!" I opened the door slightly, only to see JohnDoe's face full of panic. "SK, hey where is the TV remote??? All there is on the TV stand is this cell phone!" "Oh," I replied. "That's DudeBro's cell. Hang on." I took the cell, shut the door, and locked it.

CuteGirl is patient the whole time, though she did ask "What's going on?"

"Just listen," I told her while I called DudeBro's house phone.
"SK! Hey bud, what's up?"
"Hey bud, I got your cell phone here, did you bring back a remote control by any chance?"
"Oh shit, hahaha! Yeah this is totally not a cell phone in my pocket. Can we we trade 'em back tomorrow morning at your place? I'm still drunk and about to pass out."
"That works, DudeBro. Glad you got home safe. Later man."
"Payyyyyce!"

With the door cracked open so JohnDoe couldn't sneak anymore creepy glances at my girl, I whisper, "JohnDoe, listen, Dudebro is at home, ready to pass out. We talked and he said he'll stop by first thing in the morning, so no worries."

"No! No, SK! He has to bring it back!"
"Really? Like right now?"
"Yes right now! That's my remote!"
"Listen, it's 2am, you're usually asleep by now. You know damn well you're not about to do some channel flipping."
"It's my re-MOTE, SK!!!"
"JohnDoe, get the fuck outta here dude! I'm busy right now, if you can't fucking tell."

After I shut the door in his furious face, me and CuteGirl got back to our baseball game. [Image: banana.gif]

And that is how I almost got cockblocked from my first lay.

My roommate, JohnDoe, was a Math major, very smart, and a competent teacher. He tutored me at the student center for a couple semesters, and hooked me up with my first job. His hobbies were video games, cooking, and watching WWE. Not very coed friendly activities. Our other roommates were more social: AbsentRoomie worked out religiously and was jacked. He also DJ'd, and had a steady girlfriend. CoolRoomie was on the soccer team, sociable, funny as hell, had a few girls he was talking to, and at least 1 or 2 Friends with Benefits. Me? I liked video games too. But I also played basketball, worked out, and danced hiphop. The year prior, I made a decision to get better with girls and learn Game. I kept my kitchen stocked with good food and alcohol, learned new recipes, and learned how to mix drinks. I took a part time job on campus that put me in a public, high-visibility position. I'm not keen on the term, but "contextual alpha" is the closest shorthand to describe that job situation. Without this effort, it would have taken much longer to lose my V-card.

All of the roommates put ourselves out there to get the female attention we wanted. All except JohnDoe. Study, work, vidya, TV, cook, same old same old for him. We threw a Thanksgiving celebration every year. JohnDoe made killer Mexican food that guests raved about. But being a great cook wasn't enough to eclipse his thirsty, supplicating behavior. He was and still is very studious, so he's better off financially than I am now. It's a clear result of the priorities he set even before we met in college. Those were the decisions he made and he deserves all of the rewards. Likewise, my decision to learn Game cost me in some areas, and rewarded me in others.

At the risk of sounding paranoid, I always assume that everyone, guy or girl, will end up cockblocking at some point. Whether through ignorance or intentionally, the green eyed monster always shows up.

Conclusion

Not everyone is going to be your cheerleader. I don't expect everyone to be enthused about every victory in my life. They have their own lives to attend to, of course. Most won't care. Fine by me, I have my own life too. What's annoying is when people actively try to take someone down by perverting the hard work and the associated rewards through envy and insecurity. Typically, they are the people that believe in equality, but in a very odd way. Like the fat mother hen at the club who thinks "Well, if I ain't gettin' laid, none of my hot girlfriends are getting laid either!"

I do my best to cut these people out of my life. Minimize the impact they have on me.

False rape claims are bad enough coming from a woman you've slept with, but this sucks even more for Matt. He and Zoe couldn't cut this guy out, cos no one even knew he was there. Matt may be nondescript, but Neighbor reads as a complete cipher.

Also, I know a question has been plaguing everyone ever since the start of this post.

At this point, I can honestly answer: yes.

WBHTTM
(Would Bang Her Tennis Team Mate)

[Image: Qokaq63.jpg]

Hope things work out for this guy, he seems alright.

[Image: CmWKkBa.jpg]

"The whole point of being alpha, is doing what the fuck you want.
That's why you see real life alphas without chicks. He's doing him.

Real alphas don't tend to have game. They don't tend to care about the emotional lives of the people around them."

-WIA

This is actually a much bigger problem than you all might think. It's the problem of false accusations by a third party--often motivated by a desire by men to play the rescuer. I've seen it happen way too many times myself.

I remember I was sitting in a circle with a group of men and women. I was holding hands with a woman. Another guy hoped the hand holding was consensual. He was so disappointed when the woman said the hand-holding was consensual.

What the fuck?

What did that fag say?

Whispering, "Hey, hey... hey, [motions to hand] are you ok with this?"

"Huh?" she asks puzzled.

"Are you ok with him touching you?"

"Uh, yeah." she answers incredulously.

"Hey, mind your own fucking business." you add.

"Ok, bro, ok. I was just checking, all right. Ok? It's cool, bro. I was just making sure. No problem, man, no problem." he deflects while touching your shoulder and chest.

I've had chicks act like that in person, usually jealous shrew types who want their friends to be as unhappy as they are. They're dangerous because if you go after them in the wrong way it backfires. At least three relationships with girls I worked hard to get were torpedoed as soon as they got going by undermining cunts like that.

I don't think any guys tried to get between me and a girl I was with while she was there, but I've had some of them threaten to tattle on me to girls I was involved with. You know, because I was cheating or something. I just told them to shut the fuck up unless they wanted broken knees. Seemed to work okay.

Quote: (08-01-2017 07:22 PM)puckerman Wrote:  

This is actually a much bigger problem than you all might think. It's the problem of false accusations by a third party--often motivated by a desire by men to play the rescuer. I've seen it happen way too many times myself.

I remember I was sitting in a circle with a group of men and women. I was holding hands with a woman. Another guy hoped the hand holding was consensual. He was so disappointed when the woman said the hand-holding was consensual.

I should have wrote:
Another guy hoped the hand holding was NOT consensual.

Quote: (08-01-2017 11:37 PM)la bodhisattva Wrote:  

What the fuck?

What did that fag say?

Whispering, "Hey, hey... hey, [motions to hand] are you ok with this?"

"Huh?" she asks puzzled.

"Are you ok with him touching you?"

"Uh, yeah." she answers incredulously.

"Hey, mind your own fucking business." you add.

"Ok, bro, ok. I was just checking, all right. Ok? It's cool, bro. I was just making sure. No problem, man, no problem." he deflects while touching your shoulder and chest.

He was just giving me a look. I don't remember what he said at the start. I just remember the female talking about having a "close relationship" with me. Then he kind of said something like, "Oh, okay."

Next time a guy pulls a stunt like this, I will start pretending that I'm gay and hit on him. That might be the only way to deal with these white-knight jackasses. Lots of men have pulled this kind of shit with me, and it's almost always men who do it. I am fully confident that it will happen again. There are just way too many jerks out there who need to play the rescuer.

This is definitely one thing to keep in your bag of tricks. Pretend your gay sometimes. It shows women that you are confident and secure in your sexuality, and it usually shocks them as well.