rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Your Three Spots

Your Three Spots

Inspiration for this thread came from this Roosh post on the "Living in Brazil Long Term" thread:

-------------------------------------------------------
..........For guys like me, the solution is not to necessarily live in one location forever, but to find 2 or 3 spots that we can live between for the year on mere tourist visas.

If I had to pick now, every year I'd do 3 months in Colombia, 3 months in Poland, and 6 months in Brazil. Establish connections and intel so that renting apartments are easy and when returning to each you don't have to start from scratch.

I still have a lot of research do to, so I don't plan on executing this strategy for another couple of years......

------------------------------------------------------

The longer I move around the world, the more I am getting fed up with having to worry about visa runs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requir...s_citizens

Some good choices, IMO, from this list:

EUROPE

-France
-Spain
-Greece
-Baltics
-Scandinavia
-Poland

ASIA

-Japan
-Korea
-Thailand
-Bali
-Philippines
-Singapore
-Hong Kong

LAT AM

-Colombia
-Brazil (visa policy apparently not great for Americans)
-Argentina

And, of course, NYC.

Your Three Spots

IMO I'd so something that allows me to live cheap 7-8 months of the year, live on a moderate expense for 2 more, and splurge on 2.

Something I could see myself doing in in 7-8 years is this(depending on how much conditions change)-

Winter in SEA(October to March) - Rent a place in BKK for a month or two, perhaps check out other parts of SEA and rent a pad at a nice beach. Maybe move in to a Muay Thai gym for a couple months. I'd live comfortably and save a big amount. Probably stay in 3 cities for most of those 5 months and also check out some smaller tier cities for recon/tourism.

Spring in Toronto For a month(April)- Visit family and friends. It would be moderately expensive but I'll plan on living cheap with student housing.

Late Spring in EE(May) - Rent out a place in Tallin or maybe find a nice tier 2 city. Moderately expensive but I'd live more comfortably than Toronto because Toronto is expensive as hell.

Summer in Scandinavia-(June, July). Spend a month in Stockholm and I'd check out Helsinki, Oslo, Gothenburg, and Gotland. Splurge mode. I'd spend a lot of money during these two months.

August, September- Latin America?

Granted, this post was a masturbatory fantasy. But I'd like to split my time between a bunch of countries and stay in each country for 1-3 months. But I would focus on making sure that a large part of my year is spent leaving cheap at a third world country so I can splurge in places like Stockholm, NYC, Paris, and Tokyo. Each year I'd choose a different Splurge city and spend a month or two there.

Your Three Spots

I've been wondering the same YMG and TKid, about having 2-3 locations around the world to bounce in on and off. As Tkid mentioned, first and foremost, escaping the ass freezing and endlessly long canadian winters, going from October to Jan in Asia with BKK being my base and exploring the region, going to nice beaches etc..Then early Feb flying to Brasil for Carnaval till end of March. End of March returning to Asia to spend Song Kran in LOS and then stay there till end of June to return for 2 months in Toronto to visit family and relatives. Then september, back on the road to return to Asia where I'd spend Sept/Oct in Japan. Then end of Oct to end of nov in the Phils and then back to LOS before flying to Brasil. In between some short stints in Europe. Bottom line, spend as little time as possible in Toronto. I'd do that the first 2 years then I'd want more stability and that would look like 3 months in LOS, 3 months in Japan, 3 months in Brasil, 2 months roaming around Asia and 1 month in Toronto in the summers.

Tkid,
How do you like being back in Toronto after being in BKK? LOL Isn't Toronto just "terrible"?

Your Three Spots

VP - LOL I see you are not a fan of the Tdot!! How do you kill time here? Don't mean to hijack the thread....

So many places and so little time.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Your Three Spots

Unless you've got very solid game + money, I think it helps to go to the places where old guys are not pariahs--

I've experienced myself:

For White chix: Ukraine/Russia

From what I've read here:
For Latin Chix: Columbia ( I don't know about other Central American/South American countries-- would welcome more input.)

For Asian chix: Easiest to hardest- Philippines-Thailand-then IDK-- Malaysia- Indonesia? --Japan?

Any other geezers with opinions/experience?

I know here at the Old Soul cafe in Sacramento tonight, a place where the more artsy, Euro looking chicks ( my type) hang out and I usually see at least some 8's and bitch shields are quite low, I'm not even getting even brief eye contact from either of the two 8-8.5's that passed close by me this evening.

Some of the 6-7's briefly consider me, but at 50+ without big game/looks/money for me at least it's time to get out of America....