rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Positivity / Good News Only Lounge

[Image: 635791798200988769-1738193081_half-full-...000x70.jpg]

This is a thread I've had in mind for quite some time.

In a world where we are deluged with stories of violence, societal decay, globalization, muslim invasions, cynicism and on and on I'd like to carve out a place on the forum for members to share positive stories, events, experiences, thoughts etc: anything goes as long as its positive

We also live in an amazing time on an incredible planet full of natural wonders, and incredible people, and opportunities. These things people and experiences are more accessible than ever in the history of mankind

There's plenty of negative landscape on the forum to vent in

This is the optimists oasis

Why is is important? If I had to summarize it in one word it would be
this:

Mindset

A positive mindset is critical in achieving a fulfilling, happy life. In the end isn't a version of that all any of us want?

There is only one person with whom we communicate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, every year of our life. Ourselves.

Our mindset / self communication effects our emotions, self confidence, self esteem.

Having a primarily positive outlook is essential in achieving what we want. This is immutable

So here's an immediate challenge

Think about the last five days. Name five good things that happened to you. Can you do it? It doesn’t have to be anything big or major—it can be little things. Maybe it was a bright day out yesterday. Maybe you met a new chick in the café. Or big things. Reached a new level of income? Wife is pregnant? Now how many good things can you name?

The ongoing challenge

Whenever something anything positive good happens, no matter how big or small Post it here. Share your good news. Hear about something positive? Had a game epiphany? Post it here.

I am an eternal optimist but Im striving to be even more positive. What I’ve noticed is that, when I’m around positive people, talking about good things, I feel better. I feel happier. And I get more done. Positivity inspires more positivity, just like one kind act can inspire another. So , instead of seeing the glass as half empty or even as half full, strive to think and act positively. In my mind, I’m just glad there’s a glass with water in it at all.

Just like our bodies can be shaped and or changed so can our minds / outlooks.

Start exercising your positivity filter and watch it grow

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

I baked a pie after not having made one in a while and the crust turned out just right.

I just had sex with my wife and blew a load in her. Feels good.

Drove through a thunderstorm on a motorcycle and i felt like a kid playing in rain for the first time again.

Had the best night's sleep I've had in weeks. 12 hours!

Off to the gym.
Leg day.

Then going to meet a business associate at a tennis club. A good day.

Oh good, now I have Hater's Lounge all to myself.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Friday: Hung out with two girls all day, hiking, swimming, and fried chicken.

Yesterday: hung out with two bros all day, swimming, drinking, and venison.

Today: knocked out all work for my deadline tomorrow, gonna hang with another bro, got three girls blowing up my phone.

Life is good.

YoungBlade's HEMA Datasheet
Tabletop Role-playing Games
Barefoot walking (earthing) datasheet
Occult/Wicca/Pagan Girls Datasheet

Havamal 77

Cows die,
family die,
you will die the same way.
I know only one thing
that never dies:
the reputation of the one who's died.

Just got back from a vacation after not taking one for over a year. Had a great time, caught up on sleep, went skeet shooting, and fishing. Overall, awesome time, feel recovered after working my ass off.

Reporter: What keeps you awake at night?
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

OKC Data Sheet

Good stuff gentleman This thread is going in the direction I'd hoped for.

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Had girls approaching me repeatedly last nite. One literally just walked up and without saying a word joined our conversation. I asked her who she was here with...she made it clear she was single using the word single three times in one sentence.

Attraction and passion are non-negotiable

Played drums today after band practice. Felt good.

“As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” - Donald J. Trump

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth

Life has been phenomenally interesting at this rate. Almost as if it's fate I get the reprieve I need to work towards my future right as I feel most blind to my path. Met someone who will either change the game for me in terms of what I'm starting up or allow me to go on a more chill path and get to my idea in a different format.

Which is making me feel a lot of positivity. Knowing that I have some closure on how my future business endeavors might be. Especially hyped for the big meet up happening soon so stay tuned. I feel things are gonna turn out alright for me.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Just got back home from work. Been workin' since yesterday at 0900.

G

Slowly learning After Effects; it's like being let loose in the world's biggest CGI tool shed.

Had blown-out highlights due to reflection on a pillar in a clip I was working on. Took a photo of one frame where the pillar was not blown out, made a layer over the top of the blown-out section, and matched the pan of the camera with the movement of the photo. The blown-out highlight is gone with none the wiser. Complete repair, fuck yeah.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Quote: (07-23-2017 08:02 PM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

Slowly learning After Effects; it's like being let loose in the world's biggest CGI tool shed.

Had blown-out highlights due to reflection on a pillar in a clip I was working on. Took a photo of one frame where the pillar was not blown out, made a layer over the top of the blown-out section, and matched the pan of the camera with the movement of the photo. The blown-out highlight is gone with none the wiser. Complete repair, fuck yeah.

So you're the new GIF guy!

The past few weeks I taught myself the basics of two new types of CAD software. Surfacing and Rendering. Produced some mew marketing material that everyone was blown away with.

Played through the Witcher 3 Blood and Wine for the second time. Did absolutely nothing this weekend. Mind needed the time off.

David took his men with him and went out and killed two hundred Philistines and brought back their foreskins. They counted out the full number to the king so that David might become the king's son-in-law. Then Saul gave him his daughter Michal in marriage. 1 Samuel 18:27

Quote: (07-23-2017 08:15 PM)lex the impaler Wrote:  

Played through the Witcher 3 Blood and Wine for the second time. Did absolutely nothing this weekend. Mind needed the time off.

I hope you rebuilt Corvo Bianco and shared a nice glass of wine with Barnabas-Basil on the deck afterwards.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Moved to Texas for a variety of reasons and the future is very bright. Everything seems to be lining up for me. More detail to come.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Went to one of my usual bars last night for a quiet time. They had karaoke playing and I heard a black dude sing "A Change is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke. He was wearing shades, had black knee-high weed socks, was holding a Heineken while singing but it was so beautiful it literally blew my mind for some reason. Everyone was cheering throughout the song and at the end. It makes me look forward to the week.

Starting to really get what my boxing coach says when he tells me to "move from the hips first" when I do my shadow boxing and other drills.

I just caught a fish.

Aloha!

Getting back into cardio - went for a twenty minute run today (this is a lot for someone who hasnt run in what feels like ages). After the run I got an Alagash White - one of my favorite beers!

Went out for a walk and grabbed a bunch of wild berries. Delicious. At least 10x better than any store.

There's also a few duck families here.

Turns out they looooove berries. Momma would fight her kids to get at them sweet and juicy little things. She flat out ignored the sunflower seeds we had, while her kids were digging at them, to chase me around and beg for more berries.

Not in the past 5 days but the past week this is what I'm really happy about. I work a manual labor job during summer break from college and I managed to have 5 amazing workouts even though never in my life before had I done manual labor.
On Monday morning, I went for a 20 minute run and saw the Sun come up, which btw was beautiful, on Wednesday and Friday I went to the playground to do bodyweight fitness and on Saturday and Sunday I had 2 awesome workouts in the gym.
I met up with my #2 girl on Friday and she complimented me, saying that I'm getting jacked, which really felt nice.

I also started listening to podcasts from Mike Cernovich during my daily commute and I realized that I'd been missing out big time.