rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where Do You Shop For Clothes?

My favorite are H&M and Express. I also have a few shirts from Armani.

No need to buy anything

[Image: leopard-pants_c_863456.jpg]

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

H&M, Zara, Abercrombie, Custom suit shop near me.

J.Crew, Uniqulo, Pistol Lake (badass henleys) are my main places.

I like to stick to basics. Raw denim, solid colored long sleeve henleys or v neck tees, leather boots, and muscles.

Grailed, ebay. I just sold a 10 year old T shirt I used with a hole in it for 50 USD on grailed.

American Apparel for basic shirts, thermals, hoodies, work polos
-longer torso length
-longer sleeves

Express, Nordstrom Rack for long sleeve shirts
-I'm looking for a better alternative on these, need to research

RibbedTee for undershirts
-great, thin undershirt made of tencel. Great for wearing under a suit+button up shirt
-thicker v-neck shirts from generic brands are fine otherwise

Mango for jackets, outerwear
-longer sleeves

Bonobos for work pants, jeans
-precise fits
-a little pricey, but they usually fit right out of the box, so I don't have to have them tailored.

Allen Edmonds
-Also pricey
-Very comfy shoes
-Excellent customer service

Walmart for underwear and socks [Image: blush.gif]

Dockers Alpha khakis may be a comparable alternative (& lower price point) to Bonobos. I'll see if they fit whenever I need new work pants.

I like Carmina shoemaker's designs (Spain), but not being able to try them on in person is keeping me from pulling the trigger.

"The whole point of being alpha, is doing what the fuck you want.
That's why you see real life alphas without chicks. He's doing him.

Real alphas don't tend to have game. They don't tend to care about the emotional lives of the people around them."

-WIA

It is worth checking out every thrift store in a 10 or 20 mile radius. They are not at all equal. In my city there is one gem where I go every few months and regularly encounter brand name stuff. You have to check the quality very carefully and of course wash well but you can find some great deals.

I love TJ Maxxx, discounted anything is awesome. eBay can also be pretty great for used stuff or marked down stuff. I'm still too squeamish to look through Goodwill's clothing section, but I have a few shirts from there too.

(This is a recent discovery. The other year, I was so financially reckless, I put a Brooks Brothers suit on a credit card and aspired to own a Rolex someday.)

Uniqlo + Bonobos + J-Crew.

I was completely done with tacky clothes imported from china. Now I'm into flashy clothes imported from bangladesh. brands such as Bershka, Pull and bear, Forever 21 for men, and stuff like that. I'm into arts, music and an alternative vibe, so I've never liked to suit up.

Dillards clearance centers (50% off of 50% off): Cremieux, Hickey Freeman, Murano are decent brands. Sometimes they have Bed Stu shoes.

Nordstrom Rack.

Allen Edmonds outlet for factory seconds and belts.

Suit Supply.

Banana Republic, Levis, J Crew, Ralph Lauren, and Brooks Brothers outlets to hunt for discount items from the real stores (rather than the fakeout low quality outlet versions they carry).

Local menswear store of whatever city I happen to be in to order custom work.

And, fuck it, Amazon for when I know the brand and my size and just want a deal.

If in Europe, Boggi is solid. And in my dreams, where I have unlimited money, Boglioli.

Walmart

https://civilianaire.com

More of my stuff from here than not.

Very rare look on the east coast.

I put my money where my mouth is and buy US or European made stuff only.

Your looks will thank you - few people realize what utter shit Chinese made clothes are regardless of brand.

[Image: slide1.jpg?4094190890202619927]

DIllards
Nordstrom
Express is ok
Out let malls - Calvin klien / Perry ellis / DKNY

If you like the stuff that Dilliards carries, they have their entire store at 50% off on New Year's day. This is a great time to buy suits, sport coats, shoes, dress shirts, socks and stuff like that. I do most of my shopping that day.

since my dad is a US citizen i could buy clothes from diesel and abercrombie, but lately models on their sites became skinny so when i try to buy something i cant imagine my masculine beautiful body in their stuff,i only have an option and thats diesel since they are the only clothing line that have legit store in iran.

Quote: (07-21-2017 07:14 PM)eljeffster Wrote:  

It is worth checking out every thrift store in a 10 or 20 mile radius. They are not at all equal. In my city there is one gem where I go every few months and regularly encounter brand name stuff. You have to check the quality very carefully and of course wash well but you can find some great deals.

+1, especially for the 'off size' guys..

I've got a 36" inseam, any time I've ever been lucky enough to find pants, they've cost a fortune. One of the thrift stores I stumbled across, I'd almost swear that there's either someone well off, with my exact measurements, donating any clothes that they've worn once or twice, or an alternate version of me is leaving these clothes for me to buy at a considerably discounted rate.

My biggest win at a thrift store was when I found two pair of good, name brand jeans, each were priced at $6.99.. found out when I got to the register that, based on the price tag color, the jeans were 50% off..

[Image: tenor.gif]

Quote:Darkwing Buck Wrote:  
A 5 in your bed is worth more than a 9 in your head.

Dam dude your tall af!

H&m
A Tailor in Geneva
Sport pursuit for a lot of my ski stuff.

I like to dress reasonably well, but I am also cheap as fuck about it because I'd rather spend the money on travel and experiences. Bear in mind I'm an older guy and dress more on the refined side most of the time, with a sprinkling of rugged and rakish dropped in here and there. I take most of my style cues from Tanner at Masculine Style and Antonio at Real Men Real Style, for what it's worth. I have different sources for different types of clothes.

Target: henleys, jeans, chinos, shorts

Henleys are just fancy t-shirts, so I don't spend a lot on them. I have short and long sleeve versions that I picked up on sale for like $7 each. Target's Denizen brand of jeans and chinos is made for them by Levi's, and the slim/tapered cuts fit me perfectly.

Ross: dress shirts, sneakers, chinos

Not super high-end, but I've gotten a couple of pretty nice Hilfiger dress shirts that fit me great for under $20. Most of their shoes are trash, but they usually have Converse and sometimes Adidas at good prices. Chinos are hit and miss, but I have found some nice Dockers lightweight summer chinos for under $20. I once picked up a great pair of Clark's chukkas for semi-cheap, $40 I think, but other places are generally better for shoes.

Burlington Coat Factory:
suits, shoes

I learned a while back that Kenneth Cole (New York, not the cheapo Reaction) slim cut suits fit me great after minor tailoring, and Burlington sells them for very low prices. I have three KCNY suits (gray, navy and tan linen) that fit perfectly, and I didn't pay more than $170 for any of them INCLUDING tailoring. They also have great shoe deals. I got a pair of $295 Allen Edmonds for $60, $185 Johnston & Murphys for $30, and just recently $130 Florsheim single monks for $22. The latter were shopworn and scuffed, but easily rehabilitated in 20 minutes with a shoeshine kit and some elbow grease.

Dillards Clearance Center: blazers, shoes

I got a great blue-checked Ralph Lauren blazer there recently. Retail was $295, I got it for $56 out the door. $20 for tailoring and the thing fits me better than anything I own. Shoes deals are similar to Burlington. For example, I got a great pair of J&M Chelsea/gore boots for $40, retail was $185.

Old Navy: polo shirts, short sleeve button front shirts, sweaters

Their slim polos and SS casual shirts fit me perfectly and are often on sale for under $10. I've also picked up a couple of great sweaters in the off season for about $12 each.

DSW: shoes, obviously

I don't shop here a lot, but I drop in to check out the hit-and-miss clearance rack occasionally. I've gotten screaming clearance deals on a pair of suede loafers, Kenneth Cole double monks, and their house brand full-grain leather chukkas.

Once or twice a week, Dappered.com posts lists of good stuff (depending on your personal style) on sale. I've found some good bargains there, including a Mac-type wool blend overcoat for 40% off and free shipping from Gap.

I personally haven't had much luck with Nordstrom Rack, TJ Maxx, or the Macy's sale rack, but a lot of men have. Fuck Nordstrom and Macy's anyway, due to their horrible behavior toward President Trump and his family.

H&M and Zara are too youthful-looking for my middle-aged ass, and they don't fit me anyway. Can anyone who lifts actually fit into their jackets?

Yes, forgot Target. They have some really decent shirts. Henleys, 3/4 sleeve raglans and t/v-necks.

H&M and assorted smaller, slightly more expensive shops whose names and brands I always forget (I particularly go there for pants, last year it was impossible to find anything in H&M that wasn't slim or skinny fit - I might as well wear yoga pants with my muscular legs).
I regularly look in Zara but never find anything I like and walk over to H&M instead (I'm fit, scruffy and still look good in jeans and slim fit v-neck or polo t-shirt at 40, but Zara is too youthful for me, like something else mentioned above).

For shoes I tend to go with Geox or Ecco or sneakers or neutrally colored and patterned hiking shoes (Skechers, Jack Wolfskin, a few other brands) for everyday wear. I've made a lot of bad shoe purchases the last few years while trying to class up my foot wear style just a little bit. I walk quite a lot on a daily basis (5-10 km) so usually I want something that doesn't look like a sports shoe but is also comfortable for more than just sitting down or walking to and from the car.

Target for polos for sure, H&M for blazers. I do a lot of Costco for specialty wear (weather related jackets and such). Pants are Ross/Costco/TJ Maxx/whoever has what I want

Shoes is a mixture of Costco (comfortable dad shoes) Outlets (nicer sportier shoes) and Macys (leather shoes)

Almost everything I own is J. Crew, Banana Republic, Gap, A&F or Urban Outfitters.

They're all neutral pieces, no logos, no lettered prints. Just good fits with different colors, styles and patterns.

Accessories: Urban Outfitters or Asos.

Shoes: Clarks (3), Vans (2), Dr. Martens (1), Nike (1 - gym).

I think it's important to mix it up: it's foolish to buy every little thing at some expensive department or branded store so there's a place for target t-shirts and H&M stuff in just about any man's wardrobe. Still, I find it's nice to have a few upmarket pieces in my closet to round it out, especially if they have trademark/distinctive patterns like Fred Perry or Burberry.

Although it's hit or miss, you can find a lot of really edgy slim cut clothing on amazon and Ebay for cheap. I have a few assymetrical zip up sweaters and hoodies that at least a dozen people have asked about. Same with a midnight blue trench I bought from some no-name Japanese brand on Ebay.

I find Uniqlo is overall the best combination of price, style and fit for me. They have styles ranging from preppy to bohemian and nothing breaks the bank there. I think the most expensive item I've ever seen is a really thick parka with Gore-tex for $180. Lots of great collared shirts and oxfords routinely get marked down to the $20 range and I used to scoop them up and then take them en-masse to my tailor to slim them down appropriately.