rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Could a guy who is a 6 could appear 8 with some beauty tricks?

I wonder if an simple guy who is 6 for attractive scale could use some basic tips such body tan , casual elegant wear , modern haircut finally To appear an solid 8.

Start believing that you're an 8. It's simple but harder than you think.
You cannot consume your way to success with anything.

Looks alone doesn't get poose.

Read a book called Psycho-Cybernetics by Dan Kennedy and Maxwell Maltz.
It's about a Plastic Surgeon who realized no matter how much plastic surgery he performed on a patient. The patient still saw flaws.
Self-Esteem Issues.

I don't think just pretending you're attractive makes you attractive. However, projecting an attitude of high self-esteem (I've never done this artificially with any success it just happens sometimes) seems to have an impact on the quality of interactions I have with other people. Maybe that's not much of a distinction but it's one I choose to make.

What have you done to experiment and test this theory on your own?

I got a modern, good looking haircut and I think it compliments my face well. I've been trying different ones and finally got one that looks like Gavin Mcinnes's that I like. His hairline is very similar to mine.

Edit (no irony): I tried the Trump haircut but am currently not presidential enough to pull it off since it requires brass balls and the lopped off heads of several globalist dragons guarding 18 yr old virgin 10s.

I have my goal.

I look 10 times better with a tan than without. I look way better when I work out and dress well.....

I'm starting to think this thread is too broad and lazy to have taken the time to respond to.

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

Quote: (07-17-2017 03:32 PM)Lithuanian10 Wrote:  

I wonder if an simple guy who is 6 for attractive scale could use some basic tips such body tan , casual elegant wear , modern haircut finally To appear an solid 8.

Yes its possible but if one becomes dependent on having a certain look that will become your game, in other words it will hinder your game. Focus on game and less on looks. Looks only get u so far..its plenty models on this earth going home to a lonely bed every night because lack of game. Ive seen guys in wheel chairs pull(yes permanently paralyzed), im still waiting to see a dead man pull and i know its possible.

Post your picture. Im good at this. (Make over)

Part of the entire point of this forum is to motivate men to improve themselves and "bump them up the scale" so to speak.

That said, a couple of minor tweaks are not going to move you out of "average" territory into "top 20% of men" category.

Here is a list of tricks to slide you up the scale:

1.) Go to the gym and build a more attractive physique
2.) Learn how to dress/style yourself
3.) Get a sharp hairdo/facial hair look that is complimentary to your features
4.) Work on your body language to command a more confident and masculine presence

Everything mentioned above are great.
I would add...

1. Smell nice.
Put on some cologne and you get compliments everywhere. Girls are very sentitive to smell.
2. Actually don't do any low-value behaviors and act like you are an 8+
3.If a girl likes you, she will think that you are an 8, 9, or even a 10 and call you handsome, cute.
If she doesn't like you, she will pick out all the niche, small flaws that you have that others never point out.
Thus, have the value for the girl to cause attraction.

I am still working on 2 and 3.

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."
- Heat

"That's the difference between you and me. You wanna lose small, I wanna win big."

Plastic surgery but you'd have that weird look most men who've had plastic surgery get.

Be realistic with yourself and your flaws.
The ones you can fix:
Fitness level/muscles, money, minset/inner game, place you live etc.
Get ALL of this sorted out first then IF you are still unhappy work harder.
You can easily move up 2 or 3 points if you get yourself sorted out.

you can do this without surgery, but it takes experience.

Neil Strauss did it superficially.

[Image: neil-strauss-before-and-after.jpg]

Others do it by various forms of self improvement, as mentioned above and throughout this forum.

Ultimately the biggest game changer is inner game. I'm approaching 50 and have a pot belly, a bald spot, and a receding hairline. Yet women look at me when I act confident. The great thing about being a man is that looks matter less. Its what inside that counts. The difficult thing is that it takes years of experience to get there for most people. Game is the short cut.

Sub 10% Body fat will add 2 points

Is it beta to worry about where you land on a 1-10?

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

No.

I fluctuate between a 6 and a 7.5 depending on rest, diet, skin care, fitness, fashion, etc.

Appearance is everything.

50% of the game is just calibrating your look.

If you look like a pasty neckbeard faggot with a ponytail obviously you can bump up your looks with a few minor changes.

Quote: (07-17-2017 05:38 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Part of the entire point of this forum is to motivate men to improve themselves and "bump them up the scale" so to speak.

That said, a couple of minor tweaks are not going to move you out of "average" territory into "top 20% of men" category.

Here is a list of tricks to slide you up the scale:

1.) Go to the gym and build a more attractive physique
2.) Learn how to dress/style yourself
3.) Get a sharp hairdo/facial hair look that is complimentary to your features
4.) Work on your body language to command a more confident and masculine presence

Adding on to this - eat healthy for years. Take care of your skin (face washes, scrubs, moisturizer). Looking healthier and fit makes you much better looking. Glowing and smooth skin, girls love it.

Also things to keep in mind:
Posture
Hygiene

There are also some guys now who WEAR makeup. Something to think about, most don't talk about this.

Go see in this thread Unorthadox Methods and Cost of Increasing Physical Attractiveness before trying plastic surgery.

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

Cristiano Ronaldo is a good case study for this. Pretty much became better looking from haircut, teeth, grooming, tan, taking care of skin. Its doable.

[Image: Cristiano-Ronaldo-before-and-after-plast...gery-1.jpg]

Quote: (07-18-2017 02:28 AM)JayD Wrote:  

Cristiano Ronaldo is a good case study for this. Pretty much became better looking from haircut, teeth, grooming, tan, taking care of skin. Its doable.

I don't think botox, fillers, veneers, hair transplant, and a nose job qualifies as basic tips or "beauty tricks".

For men, GAME, not MAKEUP will add two points.

I grew a beard, got a high fade, started wearing clothes that fit i.e. Smalls not mediums, skinnier darker jeans, nice shoes, funky socks, hit the gym a bit, a little B&B cream to make my nose less red or cover a blemish here or there( no homo on this, but it actually overnight made me about 50% more confident), accessories like watches and bracelets, a good IG account- and aside from girls that are into different races or bulked up roided out guys I don't consider anyone out of my league.

If you don't me 6-8 years ago that I would be hooking up with NFL cheerleaders, miss America contestants, or having threesomes regularly with attractive women, I would have said you were nuts. I look at the girls I thought were 7-9 in high school that I thought I had no chance with and they'd hardly catch a second glance from me now.

The more attractive you can make yourself appear physically, the more confident you will become and a semi attractive guy with top 5% confidence is all it takes to pull an extremely attractive girl.

Yes.

The only 'beauty trick' a MAN needs to go from a 6 to an 8 is CONFIDENCE.

Walk in like you own that motherfucker.

"Once you've gotten the lay you have won."- Mufasa

"You Miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Wayne Gretzky

Quote: (07-17-2017 05:38 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

I agree.

This often gets overlooked and it's the more difficult part IMO. Anyone can do all the artificial stuff with clothes, tan, etc.

However you need to gain confidence in the way you walk and interact with people. Even your voice tells a lot in various situations. Conversational skills are big too. This is what's going to separate out the men from the boys.

Remember, it's one thing to attract them initially but it's an entire different ball game to keep them interested and progress to the next level.

"Cost of entry vs. Cost of ownership" as they say in the car world...

Unless you have an awful face and awful teeth, if you lift your head and start smiling more you look WAY better. I'd say it adds at least +1 point to me. I force myself to look up and smile a lot more when I'm outside. I know that sounds stupid as hell, but it does a lot for how people receive you. Plus, I got nothing to complain about in this life, so why not smile more?

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

You're reading into the 1-10 male scoring system. It's simply not nearly as meaningful as the 1-10 female scoring system (where looks are 95% of attraction).

One of my quickest lays was after snowboarding...I was wearing nasty shorts and a tee shirt, messy greasy hair, etc.

Aesthetics are less meaningful than we as men usually think. Easy example: Dress really well and go out with a couple buddies. The next night dress really poorly and go out with an attractive woman. You'll find you're aesthetically 2 points higher on the second night.

All that said, take care of yourself and don't be a slob.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”