rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cycling periods of motivation and concentration or clarity of thought

Cycling periods of motivation and concentration or clarity of thought

I've noticed over the years that during certain time periods, there is noticeable decrease in motivation and concentration, or at least where it is relatively diminished compared to what is normal or what one is used to in terms of top function. It seems to change year to year or season to season, not necessarily related to something like seasonal affective disorder. Rather, the characteristics are short (weeks) periods of time, seemingly greater fatigue or sleepiness, and a change in motivation whether it be upon awaking to start the day or attacking the gym for exercise, etc. It's not a dramatic change in cognition, possibly just the lack of feeling the same or completely at your best, because you can still do work but it's just more bothersome or you're lazier in your approach to it. I have found that like everything else in life, just fight through it, revert to the old way, and move on.

Has anyone else encountered this type of thing? I think sometimes that lots of TV or computer use, along with other things in modern living, might contribute. Anyway, any input or experience would be interesting. Thanks in advance.