rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Investing in Portugal - Real Estate I

Nowadays the PIIGs nations are on sales. It was probably the main reason why rating agencies downgraded them.

The real issue with EU is Greece.

Oportunities for investments:

I - Real estate in Lisbon city center:

a)Buying - apartments

websites:

http://casa.sapo.pt/Casas-venda/Apartame...or=2&AOP=1

http://clix.bpiexpressoimobiliario.pt/ve...ce&image=1

http://www.remax.pt/PublicListingList.as...2B284EE3AD

http://www.fitametrica.pt/site/Imoveis.a...=undefined

http://www.custojusto.pt/Lisboa/1020-Apa...p&th=1&w=1

http://www.ocasiao.pt/PesquisaAnuncios.a...=&slcDias=

http://www.century21.pt/pt/search/proper...nt&dir=ASC

The best area in Lisbon is:

Largo do Rato. Marking this on google maps. All the neighborhoods around it, in a range of 3-5 kms are good areas for buying.

The renting market.
In average a house will take 1-2 days to be rented on those places.

Average rent goes between 500-1600 euros.

Nowadays i´m searching for a building even though i´m expecting for prices to hit the bottom till the end of next year.

Portugal? Really? It isn't suffering an economic crisis? I know next door in Spain, overbuilding followed by a real estate bust has really had an effect. What are the strengths in the economy? What is keeping it going?

I know Lisbon as a city doesn't get as much as attention as it should. It's definitely a great city, though the quality of women could be better.

Quote: (09-03-2011 10:58 AM)ManAbout Wrote:  

Portugal? Really? It isn't suffering an economic crisis? I know next door in Spain, overbuilding followed by a real estate bust has really had an effect. What are the strengths in the economy? What is keeping it going?

I know Lisbon as a city doesn't get as much as attention as it should. It's definitely a great city, though the quality of women could be better.

Basically Portugal have been living at the expenses of Germany, through comunitary founds. As long as it remains in EU, chances of Bankrupting are low.

Anyway nowadays companies are looking to the excolonies for exporting: Brazil and Angola are the main destinations.

Predictions are that economy will start growing in 2013. Acording to portuguese finance minister.

BCP millenium used to be portuguese second largest bank, 2 years ago it was worth around 3 euros/stock, today the stock closed at 0,23 cents. They will sell they´re Polish branch and invest solely in Brazil and Africa.

Pepini - what are your thoughts on Porto? I'm living here now, and half the city is abandoned/for sale. I tend to prefer second cities for personal reasons, although I haven't spent much time in Lisbon, and Porto, so far, is very cool. It's also quite a bit cheaper than what I've seen from Lisbon.

Wow, Porto half abondoned? that's quite surprising. Any reasons behind this? Porto is usually a very traditional and stronghold of Portuguese society/economy. Maybe Pepini can shed some lights on that...

Good links man on investing in Portugual. I've been eyeing Portugal for a long time both for a vacation and for a possible mini retirement. It has IMO all the ingredients for a good time: in Europe, very easy access to the rest of the continent, decent prices, good party scene and lots of sexy Brasileiras (in comparisons, how are the brasileiras in Portugual compared to the ones in Brasil in terms of attitude? and equally, how do the Portuguesas compare to the Brasileiras in terms of hotness/sexyness and attitude overall?).

I've seen some very tantalising documentaries on Lisboa and it looks like THE place to be in Portugual. Is that true? Or is there another less talked city? Pepini, give us the scope on Portugal rapaiz. [Image: smile.gif]

Pepini - what are your thoughts on Porto? I'm living here now, and half the city is abandoned/for sale. I tend to prefer second cities for personal reasons, although I haven't spent much time in Lisbon, and Porto, so far, is very cool. It's also quite a bit cheaper than what I've seen from Lisbon.

The same goes with Lisbon. Banks are foreclosing houses and they leave it empty until auctioning. Also some speculators let one or two building abandoned, so that the price of real estate continues high. This was told to me by a guy who owned several buildings.

Porto is cheaper than Lisbon, people are friendlier and girls are more feminine (prettier) and easy to get along. I had a friend in college who transfered to the Porto campus, he never came back to Lisbon. Worse is winter. For those who can stand bad weather I would recommend Porto over Lisbon. Still bearing in mind that after a while I must imagine it must get boring.

Wow, Porto half abondoned? that's quite surprising. Any reasons behind this? Porto is usually a very traditional and stronghold of Portuguese society/economy. Maybe Pepini can shed some lights on that...

[i]Good links man on investing in Portugual. I've been eyeing Portugal for a long time both for a vacation and for a possible mini retirement. It has IMO all the ingredients for a good time: in Europe, very easy access to the rest of the continent, decent prices, good party scene and lots of sexy Brasileiras (in comparisons, how are the brasileiras in Portugual compared to the ones in Brasil in terms of attitude? and equally, how do the Portuguesas compare to the Brasileiras in terms of hotness/sexyness and attitude overall?).

I've seen some very tantalising documentaries on Lisboa and it looks like THE place to be in Portugual. Is that true? Or is there another less talked city? Pepini, give us the scope on Portugal rapaiz.
[/i]

I´ve travelled over 23 countries in Europe. You don´t get better than Lisbon to rest and have peace of mind. To raise a family it´s probably the best city in Europe.

As for the rest:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-2081.h...ght=lisbon

I´m currently following this house. As soon as the price drops bellow 300.000,00 I will make an offer.

http://www.remax.pt/122201098-140

BCP second largest bank is now 0,199/share cents:
http://www.jornaldenegocios.pt/home.php?...dice=psi20

Não tem de quê!

Updating some info about investing in real estate (I will soon write another one about Spain):

In order for a foreigner to make a real estate investment in Portugal they need to make the following steps:

1) Fiscal representation: Any non EU member who which to do business in Portugal needs to have a local person assuming fiscal representation (in Spain is called NIE). By Fiscal representation it means having a fiscal adress and someone to file your income report;

2) The official documents to check if everything is ok with a house is the Land registry and Tax registry. The land registry tells you the background of a house. The tax registry only explains who pays the taxes for the house.

3) Normally the houses have bank mortgages. This mortgage is canceled in the public deed of purchase.

4) The public deed might be done either in a notary or in a public department called Casapronta. The latter is generally cheaper and ownership title is immediate. The price of this service varies between 500euros to 700euros

5) Acquisition taxes:

IMT: 6% to 7%
IS: 0,8 (if the tax value of the house costs more than 1M the stamp tax increases to 1%).

Prepare 8% for property acquisition taxes.

6) Ownership taxes. They vary between 0,3% and 0,5% yearly paid.

7) Taxation of rents is flat at 28%. If the tenant is a company there wiil be a withold tax of 25% each month. Which means in the end of the year you will need to pay 3% tax.

8) Buying through an offshore is highly not recommendable since the yearly ownership tax jumps from 0,5% to 7,5%.

Whoever bought a place in 2011 in Portugal must be laughing right now, prices of properties have gone up like crazy, mainly because of chinese and brazillians going in in huge numbers.

The prices in Portugal should decrease very soon. It won't take long. The portugueses' income isn't nearly compatible with the house prices.

^^ I doubt it, without a worldwide recession anyway. Look at Latin America for example. People can barely afford To live and apartments in average parts of the city are still 1k per m1 at a minimum.

Real estate is a great place to park money while governments around the world are printing it like mad. Especially those who don't trust their own government. We have not seen the full effects of the coming inflation but these hot real estate markets around the world are a taste of what is coming.

This thread was visionary. Prices of housing skyrocketed in the last couple years, I mean doubled or tripled in some cases, specially in Lisbon.

Shame he got banned, would be curious to hear what his thoughts of undervalued real estate today.

I heard chinamen are snapping up properties there too, cant escape them.

Quote: (02-18-2019 11:49 PM)Sidney Crosby Wrote:  

I heard chinamen are snapping up properties there too, cant escape them.

^That..not to mention many Brazilians with the means have temporarily escaped the recession back in their country to snatch up properties in Portugal too