rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I'm having very poor results on Tinder.

On paper, there is no reason why I should be having this little success. I'm an average, 5 sort of guy with a typical body. 27 year old, black, 5' 9''.

I have plus and swipe in one of the largest cities in the US. I just got very expensive photos done and based on what I see when I look at male profiles, my pictures should be better than the majority of people I'm competing against. I'm well dressed in the photos so that shouldn't be the issue. After using the app for nearly a year, I've gotten less than 10 matches, most of which were accidents or bots (because the women unmatched almost immediately afterwards).

I've tried every sort of profile text under the sun, although this shouldn't matter since I've heard from almost every source that your pictures are 90% of your success online. My preferences in women cannot be the problem as my standards are extremely broad. I often swipe women people on here would consider 3s or lower.

I've even swiped in different countries with the plus feature on Tinder and I've gotten nothing after hundreds of swipes in places that are supposed better for black men than the US, like Norway or Mexico City.

Yes, I'm aware that I should just practice out in the field instead but I want to improve my results online as well.

I would appreciate any advice on the matter.

Supposedly Tinder is only good for men ABOVE average now. Tall, handsome, ripped and a combination of these factors. Maybe try the same things on a site like POF and see if you get any different results.

Quote: (07-02-2017 10:06 PM)sonoran_ Wrote:  

Supposedly Tinder is only good for men ABOVE average now. Tall, handsome, ripped and a combination of these factors. Maybe try the same things on a site like POF and see if you get any different results.

I suspected this, but this doesn't quite explain why I'm not getting matches in other countries though. Either I've believed my whole life that I'm a 5 when I'm really a -2, or something is completely off with my photos/profile text.

Bro I'm 5'7 , 20 and black.. I get tons of matches but they don't amount till shit... Day game is the best option for us. Don't sweat online Game it's not you

Quote: (07-02-2017 10:06 PM)sonoran_ Wrote:  

Nahh. I am average at most, 42, 5.7" and I got 24 matches just today, in 2 different countries combined.

However, the idea of POF is good.

OP: I is diffucult to have an idea of what is going on just by text. If you want to, send me a private with pictures of your profile, description and countries where you are swapping. Maybe we can help with a tip or something.

Go sign up for https://www.filipinocupid.com or change your tinder to rio de janeiro, Brasil. If you get no interest at all, you'll know you're fucked as your looks currently stand. But you can improve it, so don't fret.

Quote: (07-02-2017 10:31 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

Go sign up for https://www.filipinocupid.com or change your tinder to rio de janeiro, Brasil. If you get no interest at all, you'll know you're fucked as your looks currently stand. But you can improve it, so don't fret.

I'm trying to think of the kind of guy that wouldn't get a full inbox there...

He'd have to be a really unfortunate fellow, like The Elephant Man or something, for that to happen.

april6e, do you get approached frequently with job offers from the circus?

If not, I wouldn't worry about your Tinder results, the glory days of Tinder are over. Try day gaming, like the other fellow suggested, I think you'd have much better results.

Quote: (07-02-2017 09:45 PM)april6e Wrote:  

On paper, there is no reason why I should be having this little success. I'm an average, 5 sort of guy with a typical body. 27 year old, black, 5' 9''.

Tinder sucks, man.

Try going back to basics, day game.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's probably the right move.

Online game is starting to work for only the cream of the crop in terms of looks, if you're not in that group (which truth be told you probably aren't, like me and most guys here), you gotta go outside and run day/night game to get anything. Why worry about swipes and shit, you get an unlimited number of swipes when you walk out your door in a fresh suit with a cigar and post up on a busy street.

A few things to keep in mind while using Tinder OP.

-Do you lift?
-Do you look like you lift?
-Do you look like you can take care of yourself?
-Do you have photos showing off your muscles?
If you answered "No" to any of the above that is a big part of the reason why you aren't seeing the success you want on Tinder.

You say that "got very expensive photos done and based on what I see when I look at male profiles, my pictures should be better than the majority of people I'm competing against"
That's a good start but how do you know those guys you're competing against are seeing better success than you? Serious question. Expensive doesn't always translate into "great photos". If they look too formal or too professional then you run into the chance looking like you're trying too hard.

Black guys have a rough time online dating even when they are already above-average in every way.
I used to work as a model. I'm 6'2, muscular and black and i still struggle to find consistent success on tinder. Why? Because the girls in my area aren't into too black guys. If i want a certain type of girl i HAVE to meet them socially. No exceptions. My physical presence has gotten me laid more than any dating app will ever be able to.

If you're using the words "on paper" when you're talking about success with chicks or game, that's a problem in and of itself.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Quote:Quote:

-Do you lift?
If you answered "No" to any of the above that is a big part of the reason why you aren't seeing the success you want on Tinder.

I honestly don't think it's about being jacked. I'm jacked and my photos show I'm jacked and I don't match with with the same level of women that I can get at the clubs or walking down the street. I do much worse online that I did 3 years ago and I do much better in clubs and daygame currently than I did 3 years ago.

I don't know why or how things are changing and I don't really care because talking to a woman on the street or in a club and slipping her your number has always worked and always will work, assuming she's attracted to you.

I think online has it's place but should be mostly reserved to when you're visiting a foreign country or city and you want to have someone there to spend time with the moment you arrive. But that's as far as I take it.

I've had solid results from Tinder and I'm basically a newb to online game.

The reason is I hit all of these:

-Do you lift?

I didn't even follow a paradigm. I just played it 100...if I'm looking for a good time, I'm gonna portray myself as a good time. I could have put up pictures of me as a "gentleman" or a "cultured" guy since I'm actually highly educated, but I threw that out the window and got straight to the point.

It's 50-50. Some girls supposedly hate the "in your face" muscle shots, but I get enough results from those who like it that it doesn't matter.

I used to play these "text games" when I was more amateur in game and time my responses to hers. Now I DGAF and text whatever and whenever I want. I'll go super direct when I feel it or purposely delay cause I have business obligations.

I have more Tinder matches than I can keep up so it works out.

The bottomline is, even as a highly educated guy I STILL went to braindead level on online game and found that more effective. I adapted to the game and got the results.

Surgically precise game is best game.

-Surgeon

Quote:Quote:

matches but they don't amount till shit...

Absolutely this.

I had between twenty and thirty matches in the one month I subscribed to Tinder plus. About half of those matches did not respond to messages. The other half would give a one or two word response in a fortnight.

A lot of times, for normal dudes, merely 'matching' appears to be the beginning of a long, winding road to nowhere.

I am inclined to think that day game would offer better results.

Tinder/Online: A great way for a man to punch well below his weight

Online 'game' is just a matter of being handsome. Lots of my friends who have the worst game in the world have ridiculously high notch counts as a result of tinder. It's like free prostitutes, but you need to be very good looking.

I personally get about 1 match per month, lol.

Delete tinder

Quote: (07-02-2017 09:45 PM)april6e Wrote:  

On paper, there is no reason why I should be having this little success.

[Image: 5d01b9deb8310756060ec054bcbaa48684c4b353...f52e59.jpg]

OP what is your Match to Date conversion Rate ?

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

Ye, I know a lot of people who complain about Tinder, and it does seem to be pretty brutal for a lot of dudes. I'm fortunate to be reasonably good looking - last time I was in London I got 87 matches in just over 3 hours whilst I was there. Out in the countryside where I live though, Tinder is pretty much useless. The only chicks that have their radius set to more than 10 miles are ones who are really struggling to get any male attention at all.

Does this test work for all types of dudes or just white guys?

This seems like a great alternative to putting your picture up on "hot or not"

Quote: (07-03-2017 12:58 AM)LINUX Wrote:  

I think online has it's place but should be mostly reserved to when you're visiting a foreign country or city and you want to have someone there to spend time with the moment you arrive. But that's as far as I take it.

I think it sucks just as bad if not worse as a traveler, because women drop off almost immediately when they find out I am just passing through. Literally just came off a flight from a 4 week trip to 6 countries. Day and night game always works better everywhere you go in the world. Matched with 100's of woman, and when they see you as a visitor, they're gone. Not into the desperate odd woman that is looking for quick sex on a dating app.

Currently have over 2200 matches on Tinder from lots of cities, thinking about deleting my account and starting over again, for the third time. I noticed a steep drop off once I turned 40 in meet ups. It still works but the high quality girls are looking for relationships. I however am not.

Quote: (07-03-2017 12:59 PM)sonoran_ Wrote:  

Does this test work for all types of dudes or just white guys?

This seems like a great alternative to putting your picture up on "hot or not"

Fillipinas will fuck anyone. Rio may be a bit harder for black guys except for the favela girls, but the reason I say to swipe there is because those girls love swiping right. Unfortunately tinder matches don't equal bangs to the same extent in Rio, so don't be mislead by the sudden success.

I'm also a pretty average looking guy and I've noticed a significant change over the past 2 years which is when I first started using Tinder. I've improved all aspects of my profile and my match and date totals have gone way down. So as others have suggested, to hell with Tinder. It's a good way to occupy yourself while you're taking a shit and you have nothing to lose by putting a few minutes into it here and there, but aside from that I think you'd be better off approaching women in real life.

Quote: (07-04-2017 02:30 AM)Sisyphus Wrote:  

I'm also a pretty average looking guy and I've noticed a significant change over the past 2 years which is when I first started using Tinder. I've improved all aspects of my profile and my match and date totals have gone way down. So as others have suggested, to hell with Tinder. It's a good way to occupy yourself while you're taking a shit and you have nothing to lose by putting a few minutes into it here and there, but aside from that I think you'd be better off approaching women in real life.

I think it must depend largley on your state/country aswell.

There was almost an exact opposite thread to this one on RSD recently where people are basically all agreeing that cold approach is just not worth it since they can literally get laid every single night of the week without having to even 'game' thanks to tinder. Just get girls to meet you in a hotel or at your place and it's a guaranteed notch.

They're talking about how it's now not remotely impressive to have a notch count in the hundreds since if you are semi good-looking, tinder makes that very easy indeed for someone.

It has to be said that most of the lays on the 'i just got laid thread' are from tinder.

I think if you are good looking, it certainly makes sense to use it!

thread-16455.html

Read that thread again. I am also a black guy using Tinder but in Europe and had SHIT results.

In summary: Tinder comes down to race and pictures. I have managed to go from ZERO dates to sleeping with a girl in the last couple months just by changing pictures. I haven't finished changing my profile but the reason for your lack of success is either you are incredibly unattractive or you aren't taking the right pictures.

Some guys are not photogenic (I am one of them) So I took photos from farther away and even with sunglasses on where you could see my face enough to know its me but not EXACTLY know what I look like. I just got a date with a Finnish girl over the weekend and she would like to meet again but unfortunately I dont live in her city and was just passing through.

I am one of the few here that is not anti Tinder. I am still not fantastic at it but I do see its potential if you can master it. I think its fantastic way to diversify your approach portfolio.

Resident Germany Expert. See my Datasheet:
thread-59335.html

Mini Datasheets: Antwerp / Rotterdam / Lille