rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Miami the paradise for everything?

hey ok i live in Miami and i certainly love the fact that there is always something to do, people from all over the world come here, and can easily meet variety of Latin women, russians, Canadians etc just about everything! Aside from maybe money or work, why doesn't more people live here and what are the downfalls. for some reason I feel like i want to move but would just be a serious DOWNGRADE to live anywhere else since it is basically Miami.

The weather is horrible, at least if you don't like heat/humidity. Also need a car. And it's not that great of a city. Glad you like it though. Miami is nice for vacation but I can think of a dozen places that would be better to live, and I say this as someone who grew up in FL. But maybe it fits your lifestyle.

Miami is super beautiful and if you have money it's great. But you definitely have to have and flaunt money to REALLY be seen as a rich dude there. It's tough to break into some social circles in Miami. If you're not into latinas it wouldn't be a great place either. Yeah there's everyone, but it's still heavily dominated by Cubans and Venezuelans. Hot girls definitely know their worth their, compared to if they were actually still in South America. People can be shady as hell in Miami so you gotta be careful when dealing with important stuff like work or business deals or investment deals.

Those are some of the negatives. Otherwise I think Miami is pretty damn awesome still. Just a beautiful place with some great beaches and women. You get used to the hot weather after a while.

For everything except having sweat dripping from your balls 24/7.

I see plenty to like about Miami, but since you specifically asked for the downsides, I'll be blunt and hope you won't take offense.

- There is little to admire about summertime in the South. The humidity is a form of terrorism. You can get used to heat, but you can't get used to being soaked in your own juices.

- Economically, Miami is smallish.

- Crime is ridiculous, and for the cost of living, there's just way too much slum and ghetto nonsense.

- Once you leave Miami, there's really not much else. With the possible exception of Tampa - which is "OK" - the rest of Florida's cities are terrible, and the scenery is mostly flat. If you're a major beach/boating person, I can see the attraction, but otherwise, a lot of people would find it very isolating to live there.

- Miami has the toxic wannabe fake tits/fake money/fake everything culture that you get in Los Angeles, but without any of the virtues of actually being Los Angeles.

All of this adds up to explain your question, "why don't more people live here". It's a fine city but while none of these things are really deal-breakers on their own, if you have choices and aren't locked down by job or family ties, I think the bigger question is "why would you choose Miami over all the other great cities out there". In some respects, it's the worst of both East Coast and West Coast cultures.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Jariel used to breakdown Miami for what it is.

It's got great beaches, but everything else is an illusion.

The nightlife money is all fake/illegal because there is no industry there.

The girls look hot on the outside, but when you smash you find yourself in the stretchmarks from the 3 kids they didn't tell you about.

It's good to hookup with European and NY tourists--hot affluent chicks who treat Miami like Vegas. But pass on the locals.

Quote: (07-03-2017 10:32 AM)BallsDeep Wrote:  

The girls look hot on the outside, but when you smash you find yourself in the stretchmarks from the 3 kids they didn't tell you about.

It's good to hookup with European and NY tourists--hot affluent chicks who treat Miami like Vegas. But pass on the locals.

In all fairness, Jariel did distinguish between every type of local in Miami as they're not all the same.

Yes you've had some baggage ridden ones who moved in under tough circumstances as immigrants only for them to pop out kids prematurely & experience a bit of adversity in order to survive.

You also have some that are from well off or just good honest families that would garner a much better ROI regarding LTRs, etc.

Not reiterating it all as it can be seen in his many posts in relation to MIA.

Quote: (07-02-2017 06:56 PM)natas305 Wrote:  

You get used to the hot weather after a while.

Ha, you definitely do not. Humidity sucks. And it's extremely hot a good portion of the year.

I lived in Miami for 2 years. You do get used to the hot weather but it does still suck in the summer. The nightlife is crazy and amazing but when you have a 9-5 job its hard to fully enjoy as much as someone on vacation.
And I agree, Miami is super isolated. Besides Key West, Orlando, and Tampa. There's nothing. It gets repetitive and boring after a bit.

I moved to Europe after those 2 years and love the varied experiences you can have here, which are short drives or short flights away.

Quote: (07-03-2017 10:32 AM)BallsDeep Wrote:  

106 billion in global trade is no industry?

Quote: (07-03-2017 09:48 AM)Jetset Wrote:  

- Miami has the toxic wannabe fake tits/fake money/fake everything culture that you get in Los Angeles, but without any of the virtues of actually being Los Angeles

Never been to Miami but this makes sense on paper. Out of curiosity, what virtues does Los Mangeles boast? I lived there for 8 months. It's the biggest nightmare of a city I can imagine for a single guy. It's a fun place...if you enjoy spending half your day stuck in traffic and half your day dealing with phony, flaky, slimy people.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cBiR2rKU69U
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/379298
thread-16165...#pid404985
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/07/06/op...ornia.html

This is what I am starting to realize and the non stop nightlife and action can play a toll on you for sure. hard to work here but thats all my own fault too and the people are really shadyy

I love Miami for short visits. Great beaches and I love the fact that you can go right in the water because it's already warm. One thing I'd recommend if you go for a vacation there (or for gaming purposes) is to rent a hotel room instead of doing airbnb. Preferably a beachside hotel. They're nicer, you're a stone's throw from the sand, and they provide umbrellas and beach towels. Some might say the hotels are overpriced , and they probably are, but in this case I think it's worth it. Miami is also crawling with roaches and the nicer hotels usually don't have them.

Quote: (07-02-2017 01:52 PM)FLGuy1988 Wrote:  

hey ok i live in Miami and i certainly love the fact that there is always something to do
What is there to do in Miami, that is uniquely only possible to do in Miami... do you mean - the beach? No troll, just curious...

people from all over the world come here, and can easily meet variety of Latin women, russians, Canadians etc just about everything!
So you go to Miami because there's people from other countries... Why would you want to meet Canadians specifically? Why not just go to the other countries to meet them e.g. Latin American or Russia, it seems much more logical and efficient...

Aside from maybe money or work, why doesn't more people live here and what are the downfalls. for some reason I feel like i want to move but would just be a serious DOWNGRADE to live anywhere else since it is basically Miami.
To give us some perspective, where else have you traveled to and/or lived in? It's hard to answer without knowing one's own customised tastes and preferences, but I've lived in 6 countries and travelled to over 40 and hypothetically if I was location independent I could think of many better places to live than Miami, such as:
- Most countries in Eastern Europe
- Some countries in Latin America
- Some countries in South East Asia

this is what I am thinking too, instead of living in Miami the women first off in latin america etc are SO much easier than the ones in Miami too. and the idea of being able to travel to the countries and take on a new experience is the key. I mean in south florida there is literally always something going on like tuesday wednesday you can go to clubs and they will be packed.. not so much in Tampa or other cities.

You really should read my datasheet all of this is covered.