rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Brazilian Music

Brazilian Music

I've been listening to a lot of Brazilian music lately and these are my favorite artists as of right now. Feel free to add more to this thread. [Image: banana.gif]

*Ben Jorge Jor
*Seu Jorge
*Tim Maia

Brazilian Music

Da lata
Sergio mendes
Mc marcinho? Who sings glamurosa
Tribalistas

Brazilian Music

MC Marcinho has some sick tracks. MC Catra is my favorite baile funk artist though. Catra has some bangers such as Vem todo mundo, adulterio, Vai comencar a putaria, Vem kikando.

Brazilian Music

Marcio G
Avioes do forro

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Brazilian Music

Os Mutantes, Brazilian psychedelic rock

Gilberto Gil

Bebel Gilberto - Samba chillout style

This Jorge Ben song is my favorite all time from Brazil

Cansei De Ser Sexy - Hipster alert

Brazilian Music

Sabrina Malheiros, Ceu, Marcos Valle, Toquinho, Flora Purin, Airto, Joyce, Arthur Verocai. Many others...

Brazilian Music

This is my favourite brazilian singer nowadays:

Luisa Maita

This band was a major internet hit some months ago and they achieved national fame overnight. You be the judge:

A Banda Mais Bonita da Cidade

This was one of the biggest bands in brazilian rock a few years back but they're through since:

Los Hermanos

One of the biggest brazilian rock bands out there. Active since the early 90's

Skank

Brazilian Music

Personally, when it gets to brazilian music, I prefer "música caipira", meaning our brand of country-folk music, somewhat different from "sertanejo" that tends to be more mainstream oriented.

Look for singers such as:

Renato Teixera

Almir Sater

There is also Pena Branca & Xavantinho and Sérgio Reis as well...

Give it a try, might be different from the brazilian music that is exported worldwide.

Brazilian Music

Bossa nova:

Joao & Astrud Gilberto
Stan Getz

There's lots of better stuff not on youtube. I don't know the music well, I just secure it one cd at a time. PM me for more.

Brazilian Music

I was going to make a new post, but I decided to use the search function and add to this one. [Image: idea.gif]

Brazilian Music

One of my favorites:

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Brazilian Music

classic...listen to this song like every other day

Sergio Mendes - can't believe nobody listed this guy....probably the most influential brazilian artist in american music..hip hop, house, soul...who do you think the black eye peas copy most of their shit from?

Astrid...take it easy my brotha

Heard this on FF5 ....turned me on to this dude Marcel D2

also MV Bill is big....

Brazilian Music

My ex introduced me to this guy's music,he's a pretty cool cat:

And this girl

Interesting Trailer on movie about Brazil music,looks good:

Brazilian Music

Luisa Malta's Video is also good to see the more "ghetto" side of São Paulo

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Brazilian Music

Criolo Doido
Rael da Rima
Emicida
Jorge Ben
Tim Maia (sempre! always!)
Marisa Monte
Country music
Clube do Balanço
Trio Mocotó

And now a few of what I grew up listening in my family bbqs (feels like home)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0rBHy663vM

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Brazilian Music

Quote: (02-05-2012 03:21 PM)Mrs. Chocolate Wrote:  

Criolo Doido
Rael da Rima
Emicida
Jorge Ben
Tim Maia (sempre! always!)
Marisa Monte
Country music
Clube do Balanço
Trio Mocotó

And now a few of what I grew up listening in my family bbqs (feels like home)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0rBHy663vM

Chocolate , since you like Hip Hop...do you like Projota ?

Criolo has cool songs indeed.

Brazilian Music

Never heard of him. I will check it out!
Do you like samba rock?

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Brazilian Music

Brazilian Music

Quote: (02-06-2012 08:53 AM)Mrs. Chocolate Wrote:  

Never heard of him. I will check it out!
Do you like samba rock?

yes, do you go to samba rock venues?

Brazilian Music

Yes, I used to go to Di Quinta a while ago.
But I listen to it more at family parties.

Brazilian Music

I suffer prejudice from my peers in Brazil because I'm somewhat alienated from my own culture. There are very few Brazilian artists that I actually do listen spontaneously on a frequent basis, particularly those I listed over this thread here.

I wish there was a more experimental/underground/don't-give-a-flying-fuck attitude in the Brazilian music scene, I find it far too complacent and mainstream nowadays (nowadays? It's been like that for a while). Experimental freaks like myself have no space what so ever. Everything is too polished and either too big or too small, no in between.

Edit: cool experimental rock band from Rio I used to like few years back> Binário.

Brazilian Music

Brazilian Music

Quote: (09-01-2011 08:12 PM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

This is my favourite brazilian singer nowadays:

Luisa Maita

This band was a major internet hit some months ago and they achieved national fame overnight. You be the judge:

A Banda Mais Bonita da Cidade

This was one of the biggest bands in brazilian rock a few years back but they're through since:

Los Hermanos

One of the biggest brazilian rock bands out there. Active since the early 90's

Skank

Luisa Maita is dope. Reminds me of Goapele.

Do you know any other artists with that type of sound or a newer sound? I'm looking for more modern Brazilian artists. A lot of the stuff posted here is from earlier decades.

Brazilian Music

This band is dope. I saw them perform in Curitiba, Brazil a couple of years ago.

They are called Natiruts. Brazilian roots reggae band.

This video is of them doing a cover of that famous baile funk song "Rap da Felicidade"

Brazilian Music

Quote: (02-26-2012 04:05 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Do you know any other artists with that type of sound or a newer sound? I'm looking for more modern Brazilian artists. A lot of the stuff posted here is from earlier decades.

I'm not exactly the "to go' person, but I can share some of what I know

Luciana Mello

Roberta Sá (she's cool!)

Fernanda Porto (the one that started the drum 'n bass mixed Brazilian hype)

This is a rock band that is getting big nowadays, they have a cool presentation - O Teatro Mágico

I know the singer of this band, we went to music school together (I dropped out and she carried on. Funny thing, years later I hooked up with her cousin, and that is how I heard from her again haha), cool stuff:

More traditional samba, but a newer band:

And this is a band I like just to stand out from what I've shown here so far, they gained some popularity abroad as well (just listen!):

Macaco Bong

... and there is this label especialized in Brazilian music, if you search you can find some new names:

http://www.biscoitofino.com.br/home/