rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Learning From Comedians...

Like alot of you guys, I am logical. I went to school and tried to be smart. I studied logic and reason and all that bullshit. My mind was always thinking about problem solving, efficiency, and critical analysis.

This helped me impress guys.

Girls didn't give a shit.

Girls don't care about logic. Logic is boring and predictable. It might make you smart in the eyes of men but it doesn't make you sexy in the eyes of women. So, I said fuck logic.

I started thinking illogically. This was alot more fun. Logic might tell me not to approach the girl at the bus stop. She is younger, I am a strange man, There is to many people around. It could be embarrassing.

Logic said..."Wait, I don't know"

Illogic said..."Fuck it, why not?"

Logic was limiting my Game. I want to view the world thru a more fun, spontaneous, carefree perspective.

I started watching comedians. Comedians don't view the world thru the logical mind. They think in terms of humor. They notice the illogic of the world. They make fun of everything.

This diolouge from a Roissy post is a good example:

GIRL: Is it a long walk from the train to the club?

OVERLY-LOGICAL GUY: No, it’s not bad. Maybe five minutes.

Here is a better answer:

GIRL: Is it a long walk from the train to the club?

GUY: Don’t worry, shorty, your six inch marry me heels won’t break.

Another example:

GIRL: I don’t think we’ll make this movie in time.

OVERLY-LOGICAL GUY: It’ll be close, but we can do it if we leave now.

Better answer:

GIRL: I don’t think we’ll make this movie in time.

GUY: Oh, you’re one of those who has to see every preview or you feel sad.

If you think being too logical is hurting your success with women, I recommend studying comedians and viewing the world from their perspective. When it comes to getting panties wet, I think humor is a better tool then intelligence.

You're absolutely right. I think many men can relate to what you're saying because we tend to view the world in this way. We're problem solving machines due to evolutionary reasons.

I've been cultivating the illogical mind for a while now and it's improved the responses I get from women. I still slip into the logical mind sometimes especially when I'm with a girl and she asks a logistical question which I wasn't prepared for.

Nevertheless though a process of trial and error and going through tonnes and tonnes of girls I believe it's possible to create an illogical mind which reaps excellent benefits with lizards. Whenever a non-girl related problem pops up that needs good old fashioned common logical sense, the logical brain can always make a temporary comeback to save the day.

Quote:Quote:

Logic was limiting my Game. I want to view the world thru a more fun, spontaneous, carefree perspective.

Yes! Even if you don't always end up with the girl, you'll still come out of ahead and you'll have fun. No way you can lose with this attitude unless of course you're a software developer working on your undees from home like me...then you'll think logical and won't get any sex :-(

I disagree. I feel thinking logicaly is always a good thing. It looks like your thinking was negative. This is subjective but a lot of the best comiadians are very logical there expression of humor keeps it fun.

Nah, there's a point to this, though it's a balance. In general I fall prey to the "actually answering the question asked" problem, but for a while I went through a period where I free-associated pretty madly during conversations and said a lot of pretty damn funny stuff... which was great if people didn't know me, but my STBX got really irritated with me (but was already well into the "you can't do anything right" stage by that point).

Those examples aren't really logical vs. illogical, they're fun vs. boring.

Just be fun.

I'm funny now!!!

I'm not exactly sure how this happened!?!?

Actually, I do know how it happened; 6 years ago, I was a 33 year old frustrated beta working an office job, I didn't have the confidence or skill set to get pretty, young girls. My personality was boring and dry. I was anti-social, I didn't enjoy interacting with average people.

My lack of success with women was related to my lack of joy for life --which was related to my lack of social skills -- which was related to my lack of a healthy sense of humor -- which was related to my boring life, etc., etc.

It's all connected.

In 2009, I decided to make a change. I decided that I would do whatever it takes to get young, pretty, girls.

I discovered "game" and joined this forum. I wanted to be funny and charismatic. I wanted to have "game", I wanted a more exciting life.

Humor, laughter, and comedy always made me feel more alive.

I started watching more comedy shows. I started working on my game, I started talking to people more. After a lot of hard work, I started finding more success with girls.

6 years later, something finally clicked..

I notice myself being spontaneously funny now!

I'm not even trying to be funny, it just happens on its own without me having to think about it.

I have finally developed enough confidence and social skill/awareness/comfort that I don't have to constantly be thinking in logical and rational terms, I am not stuck inside my head.

My sense of humor is totally instinctive and intuitive.

Fuck! This a beautiful thing!

I'm thinking about trying some stand up comedy! Game comedy, of course!

What a fucking journey this has been!

I generally try to maintain that same air of comedic view towards just about everything. It also exposes what guys have a beta stick permanently stuck in their ass.

It also provides for seeing the many-layers-deep of interconnectedness in how society intertwines with functional reality.

The mood usually lightens in social circles when your comedic value is permanently established. Carrying that comedic frame acts as an auto-ice breaker with women, especially when she sees you making a lot of other people smile.

I can usually draw a smile from some really stuck up cunts just by poking fun at reality.

As the adage goes:"Reality is often crazier than fiction." << use this concept to your advantage.

Quote: (09-01-2011 06:36 AM)BazzookaBalls Wrote:  

I disagree. I feel thinking logicaly is always a good thing. It looks like your thinking was negative. This is subjective but a lot of the best comiadians are very logical there expression of humor keeps it fun.

Thinking to solve a problem and come up with good solution.. yes. Thinking the same way while interacting with women.. no.

There's a place and time for everything.

I have a script I follow with new broads. It's very simple and usually always has the same result.

I have a text file of hundreds of dirty and crude jokes. Minutes after meeting someone I am hitting them with filthy sex jokes. Most bitches eat this up. It really sexualizes the conversation quick and before I know it I'm asking the all important question:
Which one of these jokes made you wet. They will almost always answer honestly. From there you can get nudes, FaceTime sex, a booty call. Whatever. I have almost never had this fail me. I have a very good and dirty sense of humor and it just plain works.

One thing that is important for humor is not only what you say but how you say it.

Like game this one is not easy to fake. If you are depressed it´s almost impossible to sound funny in a good not weird way.

So for normal people it´s then about mood management. How to raise my mood? Ok I am practising a bunch of routines that work for me. I want to say that it may work for most people too.

The king of mood management routines: Karaoke. My version from it is just singing along to the music video and singing the lyrics.

That´s nothing new in SEA. It´s a no brainer there. In western societies it´s still a difficult thing.

So why does Karaoke work? Actually things like stand up, movies are interesting for us because they tell stories. I would say that songs are concentrated stories that directly effect our emotional centers.

Basically Karaoke unlocks our emotional center. Humor, drama, stories live from emotions. Without emotions we are dead like a computer. Emotions make us attractive. The person who can use emotions for his mood management can create also emotions in others as well. One key word here is mirror neurons.

Of course there are many other things besides Karaoke which are fundamental. Work out is one of them. I would say it wakes up all the cells in the body so the body is ready to be synchronized with emotions. Another important reason is that the body is then ready to deliver energy.

Another important thing is dancing. It´s old school stuff for thousands of years. It´s like work out but it synchronizes the body with the music. Actually it´s like being part of a story. It´s being like an actor. One is part of the music story so to say. And one is almost 100% in that role.

There is a reason why it´s called pick up "artist". It shows that a guy using game is a kind of an actor. The better you play your role the more success you get. At one point the role becomes second nature and you play your roles automatically.

Another important routine that helps with humor and game is reading loud. It´s fundamental to being a verbal word smith to be good with words. It´s basically training for your verbal game.

These things help to being happy. Even if one does not practice game actively one has still passive game or let´s say inner game. Your vibes are never sad. People see from your body language and your eyes that there is something that might give them good feelings.

I agree with your general message Gio but the examples you gave were not Logical vs Illogical.

In fact, comedy is inherently very logical and as a result a very male endeavor. Ever met a female who was funny? Most likely not because females are incapable of logically viewing a situation without referencing it to themselves & processing it through their emotional filter. They do not have an objective view of the world and things going on around them.

The best players i know are not necessarily funny and illogical. But they DO NOT take women seriously. Bratty little sister game at its finest. They understand women are emotional creatures looking for the next emotional high.

That knowledge naturally makes them act the way you described.

So instead of finding ways to rewire your naturally logical male brain, how about a simple change in attitude. STOP TAKING WOMEN SERIOUSLY. Everything else will fall into place.

Great post regardless!

Quote: (11-08-2015 09:18 PM)Anabasis to Desta Wrote:  

I agree with your general message Gio but the examples you gave were not Logical vs Illogical.

Fuck! I know, my examples were shitty!

I made that post almost 5 years ago. At that time, my personality was still very dry and dull. I was not able to clearly express myself. I guess I was still a little confused about all of this..

I could sense the power of humor but I couldn't quite put it into words.

Ingocnito captured it perfectly:

Quote: (11-08-2015 12:20 PM)Ingocnito Wrote:  

I generally try to maintain that same air of comedic view towards just about everything.

It also provides for seeing the many-layers-deep of interconnectedness in how society intertwines with functional reality.

Carrying that comedic frame acts as an auto-ice breaker with women, especially when she sees you making a lot of other people smile.

"Reality is often crazier than fiction." << use this concept to your advantage.

That is what I wanted to say 5 years ago, but, I wasn't able to see it clearly enough in my mind.

Thanks for posting this Ingocnito!

You expressed something that I was unable to express!

Quote: (11-08-2015 02:29 PM)Dino Wrote:  

I have a text file of hundreds of dirty and crude jokes.

Great idea!

I am currently working on a collection of jokes that I can refer to.

Which one of these jokes made you wet? They will almost always answer honestly.

This is genius!

[Image: mindblown.gif]

A healthy sense of humor is one of our most powerful social tools/skills.

Giovonny I always enjoy your perspective. Your style is almost exactly the same as mine (or what I aim to be), and I identify the most with your comments on this forum.

Agree with pretty much all the comments here too, on the importance of humour, keeping it light-hearted, etc. Obviously, this is much easier if it's natural and you're confident and having a good time.

Someone above said the key is to just not take them seriously. It's worth repeating.

I just wanted to add one comment for the newbies: DO NOT BECOME THE ENTERTAINER.

It's great to be fun, entertaining, funny, centre of the social circle, etc - girls will gravitate towards you and enjoy your company. If you're doing this right, guys should too. Everyone essentially just wants to have fun.

However, do not become the entertainer, doing your utmost to keep her entertaining the whole time. You're not a clown, you're there to fuck. You're 'equals' (lol), not there for her. That's essentially another form of being a beta provider. You'll be the funny friend who orbits and entertains while she gets attracted to other guys. Other people may be able to explain this a little better.

I have a script I follow with new broads. It's very simple and usually always has the same result.

I have a text file of hundreds of dirty and crude jokes.

PM me some if you don't want to post them publicly.