rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What price would you pay for the central location?

Here's the story:

Big City, you live in a location that's a decent neighborhood but not as high level or bustling as other spots, but you've got a nice pad. The central location has more action, presumably puts you closer to more and "younger" people, makes transportation a little easier when you do go out. Parking and overall busy-ness is increased, however, because it's a frequented desirable location. Also, it costs a G or so more per month to pull it off.

Do you do it? Does it depend on your age and current social circle? Should you just save the money and travel to foreign countries? Or should you attempt to build wealth instead of that extra living expense?

Can you afford to move? Does the benefit of living more "central" outweigh increased cost? Depends pretty much entirely on that calculation

I'm a fundamentalist. I started with building wealth and skills first. I realized from chatting with people all around the world in low tax brackets that there are idiots everywhere and you will run into the same problems of status, money, looks, all that shit. Anywhere you go. No, I don't believe 9s fall out of trees in Columbia or EE... No Free Lunch.

When you're travelling you meet much better contacts if you have skills that can immediately affect their life.

So I would build a strong wallet and skillset and some basic foreign culture (art, food, language) first then give'r hell.

That's the disciplined route. I'm interested what others have to say.

Depends how much relative to income.

Try to stay below 30% of your take-home pay for rent costs, if not lower.

I've done it, but it wasn't worth it at the time. My income from my clients was unstable enough that sometimes making rent was a close call. The stress was a bit much and it prevented me from putting more money into growing my business like I wanted to.

When the lease ended, I found cheaper housing in a boring part of town far from the action and have been doing that for about a year now.

However, now that my income has become more stable, I'm strongly considering moving into a sweet player pad in the center of the action again.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Also depends heavily on transportation options in your city--is it pretty easy to get around in the city regardless of where you live, or do you HAVE to live in a central location in order to access the "action?"

i would recommend no more than 30% of income, 15 mins from city center (no traffic), and uber-able (20 dollars or less).

A clutch move is to starting sending ubers for dates. Thats basically the same as having a "centrally located apt"

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

I pay $1200 all-in for rent for a fully furnished, centrally located apartment five minutes from my work and from the main nightlife strip in the city where I live. It's slightly over one-third of my take-home monthly pay, but it pays me dividends in the form of 1) vastly increased pussy access, and 2) obviating the need for me to own a car. It's well worth the cost.

HSLD

I think the best is near the club scene but living with a dude or dudes that have access like bouncers ,DJs photographer.
I thought about this the other day ,how I did what I did in Sydney in my 20s.If you can't have access directly get in with a crew that does.

I moved in with this dude who was a bouncer part time and knew all these DJs.One of my best mates was a bouncer too at all the top clubs at the time.This gave myself and my best mate access to all clubs, venues, bouncer DJ groupies and by extension people they knew.I never paid, I walked chicks through to the front of the line, everyone knew us.People use to call us to go out.And 20 years later I still have connections in this town.Chicks wanted to be my girlfriend or fuck me.

We were soldiers at the time.My mate went on to Bouncing getting to know top developers who he intoduced to me who I then hit up and got jobs for kids I knew.Shit just keeps on rolling.

Compared this to where I live now, I had to try and do it again from scratch at 42 .I got a few DJs ,bouncer, club owner mates now but not as powerful.as my youth.Also drinking for free can be a bad thing .It totally killed me in 2016.Also I don't live central with guys who have influence.I live near where my kids are.

You want to be close.Talking to a daygamer here that lived in the middle of the city who only went for solo backpackers then pulled with a short walk to his pad.Also backpacker Sugar daddy game where apartment is the draw for the chick.She stays a couple of days moves on.I find travelling chicks interested in that especially if you near a beach.But you still have to be cool.

So you can try the wealth build in your 20s bit.Better to make some cool mates in your town that have access to the world hot chicks roam and build from there..You have to enjoy it too.No use living in an apartment by yourself with no social life in the middle of the city.Stop thinking dates start thinking influence and access.All the guys I know who do well have this they build networks that just puts them straight in the mix
Another mate who came back from living in NYC told me he used the resturant he managed at as his Tinder.
Also living witb other people cuts cost ,why go solo?I never saw it as the money I paid cause basically everytime I was in my apartment it felt like I was on holiday

Does it really increase the chance of getting laid if you live right next to bars?

If she is into you, she wouldn't mind driving (in uber or your car) 10~20 mins to your place? (obviously you would tell her you would pay for uber or drive her back home)

I am sure before you had a car, you thought you could get bunch of girls since you are mobile now and you can just bang them straight in your car. How did it turn out? Did your car help you out a lot?

It helps a lot with plausible deniability. She will think that ending up at your place happened naturally while if you ask her to get into a car immediately she knows what's going on. Of course it won't stop a slut but more quality women will make you wait.

Living in the center is always better when you are new and it gets you laid more often simply because you go out more often. When you see all the activity around your apartment it gets you pumped. You don't have to worry about transportation, you can stay out as much as you like, shitty weather doesn't bother you as much and you save money on taxis (uber doesn't exist everywhere).

Of course it also depends on the city. Big cities and especially cities in North America don't really have a center. Berlin's nightlife for example is spread all over the place. In such cases the logistics are simply not as good as in Prague for example no matter where you live.

If you want to make money and focus on your business you're much better off living with family so you don't pay rent. I must say I loled a bit at the idea of living with DJs/bouncers, as if these sort of arrangements are readily available. If you're lucky enough to know some cool people that's great but more often than not it's better to live alone. If you can't afford then your priorities should be elsewhere.

Quote: (06-02-2017 11:06 PM)Sebastian Wrote:  

Does it really increase the chance of getting laid if you live right next to bars?

If she is into you, she wouldn't mind driving (in uber or your car) 10~20 mins to your place? (obviously you would tell her you would pay for uber or drive her back home)

As a man who has lived extremely close to bars and other key nightlife venues and also far away from them (and the city center), I can confirm that living right next door to bars is a massive advantage.

The very fact that you would question this makes me genuinely question whether you have any actual game knowledge and experience.

Logistics. It's game 101.

I'm the King of Beijing!

A lot of you guys are assuming night game is the only option. The central location isn't as important if you can work it during the day.

Whether or not being centrally located helps with game shouldn't even be a question. If anyone has any doubts about that, please refrain from posting here because your opinion is unlikely to be based out of real life experience in a big city.

This is coming from a guy who used to live 30min away by car from nightlife and now lives 5min away walking.

Quote: (06-02-2017 03:56 PM)DVY Wrote:  

A clutch move is to starting sending ubers for dates. Thats basically the same as having a "centrally located apt"
Disagree. When you send Ubers for dates you are obviously providing for them more than if you tell them "Meet me at X 8pm", X being a spot 2 blocks away from your house. Maybe you have cash and just want to avoid the aggravation of planning back and forth - but from the get go it's a different interaction. Good or bad? Depends, just recognize the game starts from a different point.

If your house is not centrally located, there's likely not many options of bars or other hangout spots nearby, so you'll likely be Ubering girls straight to your place. Seems like a good idea to skip a step and go straight to business, but as much as you bang chicks going directly to your pad you miss out on opportunities because for many girls that's way too fast, they need a bit of comfort and plausible deniability granted by meeting in a public place beforehand.

Centrally located apartments allow for inviting girl(s) over for pre-gaming or after partying, which are also incredible. I get hit up all the time by girls who are in the neighborhood with friends having a drink and either invite me to drop by or ask to come see me at my pad.

I pay a bit over US$700USD for my 2BR apartment in SP, in pretty much the best neighborhood in town for bars and nightlife. I could get the same apartment further away (20min by car) for 40% less, but I'm very pleased with the return I get from my current place.

Even if the place were 800USD I'd still think it was a decent deal, and that would be almost 2x the price of the same pad far away.

Which city is this?

It all depends. And how much do you make?

A g a month is a lot for some of us and nothing to others of us. Personally I'd go for it if it won't make a dent in your overall financial health. You're paying a G a month for younger pussy and walkability. Easily worth it.

Living next to the top bars helps out more than you could ever imagine. Even if we skip the fact that it will be easy to pull girls back to your place from from that club you will get laid much more based on the fact that if girls know where you live they will hit you up on fri/sat or whenever they are out drinking near you sometimes at the end of the night just wanting to come over.

Just to get the thread back on track, the question again is not if central location is better (as many have said already, of course it is) it is, more simply, "What's the break point at which it becomes not worth it"?

Thanks

Quote: (06-02-2017 08:15 PM)Green-On-GO Wrote:  

I think the best is near the club scene but living with a dude or dudes that have access like bouncers ,DJs photographer.
I thought about this the other day ,how I did what I did in Sydney in my 20s.If you can't have access directly get in with a crew that does.

I moved in with this dude who was a bouncer part time and knew all these DJs.One of my best mates was a bouncer too at all the top clubs at the time.This gave myself and my best mate access to all clubs, venues, bouncer DJ groupies and by extension people they knew.I never paid, I walked chicks through to the front of the line, everyone knew us.People use to call us to go out.And 20 years later I still have connections in this town.Chicks wanted to be my girlfriend or fuck me.

We were soldiers at the time.My mate went on to Bouncing getting to know top developers who he intoduced to me who I then hit up and got jobs for kids I knew.Shit just keeps on rolling.

Compared this to where I live now, I had to try and do it again from scratch at 42 .I got a few DJs ,bouncer, club owner mates now but not as powerful.as my youth.Also drinking for free can be a bad thing .It totally killed me in 2016.Also I don't live central with guys who have influence.I live near where my kids are.

You want to be close.Talking to a daygamer here that lived in the middle of the city who only went for solo backpackers then pulled with a short walk to his pad.Also backpacker Sugar daddy game where apartment is the draw for the chick.She stays a couple of days moves on.I find travelling chicks interested in that especially if you near a beach.But you still have to be cool.

So you can try the wealth build in your 20s bit.Better to make some cool mates in your town that have access to the world hot chicks roam and build from there..You have to enjoy it too.No use living in an apartment by yourself with no social life in the middle of the city.Stop thinking dates start thinking influence and access.All the guys I know who do well have this they build networks that just puts them straight in the mix
Another mate who came back from living in NYC told me he used the resturant he managed at as his Tinder.
Also living witb other people cuts cost ,why go solo?I never saw it as the money I paid cause basically everytime I was in my apartment it felt like I was on holiday

[Image: potd.gif]

Have a Rep.

two scoops
two genders
two terms

I used not to play more then 15-20% of the Monthly Income to accumulate wealth faster way. Located in Eastern Europe and renting top quality appartment in new building in city center.

Quote: (06-03-2017 09:15 AM)churros Wrote:  

A lot of you guys are assuming night game is the only option. The central location isn't as important if you can work it during the day.

Wrong. I'll explain why below.

Quote: (06-02-2017 03:56 PM)DVY Wrote:  

No it isn't. The centrally located apt is more vital for date set up so that the venues you go to on the date are "coincidentally" right 'down the road' or 'around the corner' from your apartment and you can easily maneuver back home for an easy bang.

Also when you have the sweet apartment next to all the action you can have the girl meet you at your place BEFORE you go out, then walk to the venues.

If you have tight logistics you can also set up better insta-dates in a city center or downtown area and also impress her with your location.

Then for nightgame of course if you live walking distance from the poppin clubs and bars that's a no brainer for a night cap, smoke sesh, or just straight up takin her to the crib to fuck.

Any guy with $30 in his bank account can get an uber to pick a girl up. I fail to see how uber is in ANY WAY a substitute for a centrally located apartment. The fact of the matter is, when it comes to getting the bang, logistics are KEY. Uber doesn't fix logistics it's a symptom of BAD LOGISTICS if you need to use it.

I mean I live in a car city getting a girl to be able to make it to the date is NOT an issue. Uber isn't solving an issue that's stopping a bang. It's just moving the girl from A to B. I don't understand your comment that Uber solves a problem preventing bangs since it's just a substitute for picking the girl up or her taking public transport.

Central location/tight logistics encompasses far more than simply moving the girl from A to B. Logistics can change everything.

Quote: (06-08-2017 01:55 PM)Darkwing Buck Wrote:  

Also when you have the sweet apartment next to all the action you can have the girl meet you at your place BEFORE you go out, then walk to the venues.

I've only done this with girls who are driving to me, as it's an easy excuse. But provided she's walking or taking transit to meet you, on what pretext do you meet at your place before going to the date venue?

Quote: (06-08-2017 05:27 PM)Nascimento Wrote:  

Quote: (06-08-2017 01:55 PM)Darkwing Buck Wrote:  

I've only done this with girls who are driving to me, as it's an easy excuse. But provided she's walking or taking transit to meet you, on what pretext do you meet at your place before going to the date venue?

I've only done it in this context as well. I live walking distance from a popular downtown area with bars/restaurants so when I hang with chicks who DON'T live walking distance I try and have them do this. With the girls who also live close we just meet at the venue. I live in LA/So Cal which is a car city so girls aren't taking public transportation. They're either driving or ubering to meet me.

But 90% of the girls I've met or gone out with don't live down here so it's pretty solid. Nothing better than setting a first or second date with a chick and she leaves her purse/keys at your apartment before you start the night. Ultimate confidence booster when you know you have it in the bag like that.

Beautiful set up.

If you live in a central location, by definition most girls won't live too far away. This makes it way easier to meet up in general. I mean, who in the right mind wants to travel through the entire city to get a bang/date with some easy but not really high caliber skank?

Then again, maybe I'm just old, lazy and spoiled.

Quote: (06-08-2017 05:45 PM)BoiBoi Wrote:  

If you live in a central location, by definition most girls won't live too far away. This makes it way easier to meet up in general. I mean, who in the right mind wants to travel through the entire city to get a bang/date with some easy but not really high caliber skank?

Wait where does the quality of the woman come into play here...? Could be a skank, could be less of a skank. Don't see how location necessarily ties into the quality or how the hypothetical quality of the woman in question is entering the equation...?

Quote: (06-08-2017 05:50 PM)Darkwing Buck Wrote:  

Quote: (06-08-2017 05:45 PM)BoiBoi Wrote:  

Wait where does the quality of the woman come into play here...? Could be a skank, could be less of a skank. Don't see how location necessarily ties into the quality or how the hypothetical quality of the woman in question is entering the equation...?

I mean if the chick is beautiful, I go to greater lengths to meet them in further away place. If a chick is only mediocre but wants my penis, I draw a line and wouldn't travel too far. Hence, I bang more because I'm living in central location which is by definition closer to most chicks than living in the boonies.