rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Southern Europe/Mediterranean for living?

I reckon many of us have figured, that the Mediterranean lifestyle is the one to aspire to, especially if it is an achievable goal.

For me it seems that Italy, Spain, Portugal, and France offer the best combination of good weather, high cultural offering, beautiful architecture, and relaxed attitude towards life. And yet, the forums seem to under-emphasise these places.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of amazing places to enjoy for travel and adventure (I love every second of the Russian summer), but in terms of long term living I still think that the Mediterranean beats every other part of the world. Granted, this has something to do with personal preference, as well as the fact that I am relatively well-off, and speak all four languages fluently, and thus can access much more than the average backpacker or whatever.

So here is my question: how would you guys compare the women in these four countries (or perhaps the specific region in them that you know)? And how would you guys rate the general culture/beauty/women tradeoff?

I would not have an interest in living in France but like the sound of the other three, especially Spain (Andalusia or The Basque country for family while living in Barcelona for playing). While you can get bangs in those countries it is very difficult (except Barcelona and party islands) due to social circle, living at home etc. so more suited to bringing up a family in my opinion. The economy is also not as strong as Northern Europe so this is another factor. The laidback lifestyle of spending much more time with family, friends and the weather is a huge positive though.

thread-62869.html

The forum consensus on Spanish women seems to be: rude, high-bitch shield, medium attractiveness, high amount of feminism

At the end it boils down to one question: Are you a Type A (ambitious) or Type B (relaxed) guy?
Type A => you will dislike the mediterranean lifestyle
Type B => you will like it

You'll have a good run with tourists during the high season, but seriously when it comes to the locals you'll probably be dealing with super small town attitudes and communities.

If you decide to go this route, I would integrate as best you can into the community. This also means avoiding sleeping around a lot. Nothing is more the kiss of death when you've been earmarked as being a cad in a small town.

Quote: (05-23-2017 10:41 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

You'll have a good run with tourists during the high season, but seriously when it comes to the locals you'll probably be dealing with super small town attitudes and communities.

If you decide to go this route, I would integrate as best you can into the community. This also means avoiding sleeping around a lot. Nothing is more the kiss of death when you've been earmarked as being a cad in a small town.

I second and third Beast on this one.
Don't shit where you eat, specially in places like this where gossip is an art that has been perfected throughout millenia.

That said, I wouldn't mind rasing my mini Gostros here in Valencia (though I'd feel funny about how every single family member will have a dfferent accent!)

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...