rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

For the (near) middle aged male, what's the sweet spot for family?

Given the characteristics that can sabotage you, such as local culture with bad women or culture trying to inhibit your dating or marrying much younger women, is there a sweet spot for age to start a family?

Let's say you are in your 30s, and in America given the difficulty or potential to meeting someone who actually is worth marrying, would you just play the field longer since your stock goes up? Is that the wrong question? Is the advice to always be on the lookout?

The funny thing I don't really get about parents raising kids (and especially daughters) is the seemingly total obliviousness as to the potential for success their kids will have coming out of college in the current age in America, especially with crazy loan indebtedness.

Wouldn't you want your daughter to marry and established man? Or are they just locked into set cultural mindsets and expectations, even though only recent years happenings are the real aberration for all of humanity?

"is there a sweet spot for age to start a family?"

It's not about age so much as it's about about risk/reward.

Men get married and have kids because they are under the delusion it will last. They simply do not have an accurate feeling for the risk/reward.

Do NOT get married and have kids unless you feel it's worth the tradeoff of suffering the marriage failing AND don't feel that the failure will risk damage to your child/children.

I'l cut that post down to...
Quote: (05-24-2017 01:20 PM)questor70 Wrote:  

Do NOT get married

A key concept to get, is that we no longer HAVE marriage, just the rotting corpse of that once great institution. It's a now feminist fake out, a fraud slave contract masquerading as a marriage.

It's a difficult concept to wrap your head around because it's literally the first time in history that marriage has functioned to undermine families instead of stabilize them.

I mean, if you're wealthy, can live comfortably on a fraction of your current assets, religious and really into the ceremony, go for it, but if you're planning on having kids, it's just too dangerous for them and a selfish risk to take. Remember, if you're married, you're required to finance the lawyer she uses to destroy your family and take your kids away from you. That's a monster game changer, and your kids have a fighting chance without it.

Without this monstrous warping of the economic rules, your family has a much better chance of making it just based on economics. If SHE has to lose her lifestyle if she breaks up the family, suddenly SHE'LL find ways to make it work...and keep your family together.

A LOT of guys want grandpas marriage...well, no shit, grandpas marriage was a sweet deal. Grandpas marriage is no longer remotely on the table, don't ever fall for that scam.

"But she's religious, values marriage, surely this will outweigh generations of SJWs beating Family Court into a weapon". Nope, doesn't work that way. Read Dalrock and look at the stats, doesn't happen that way. Even if she doesn't outright divorce rape you, the massive threat of the divorce industrial complex will chip away at any degree of Alpha you have in a relationship (which they need to be happy). Even a "successful" marriage under the current laws can be a living hell. Don't do it.

I guess my take on it is that I want to make sure the bloodline survives. Even if I get screwed, separated, denied by the children themselves or our name becomes lost to the four winds I will know that the genetical data my countless ancestors refined will carry on and our essence shan't be lost by me at least...

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

Quote: (05-22-2017 05:19 PM)Kid Twist Wrote:  

Given the characteristics that can sabotage you, such as local culture with bad women or culture trying to inhibit your dating or marrying much younger women, is there a sweet spot for age to start a family?

Let's say you are in your 30s, and in America given the difficulty or potential to meeting someone who actually is worth marrying, would you just play the field longer since your stock goes up? Is that the wrong question? Is the advice to always be on the lookout?

The funny thing I don't really get about parents raising kids (and especially daughters) is the seemingly total obliviousness as to the potential for success their kids will have coming out of college in the current age in America, especially with crazy loan indebtedness.

Wouldn't you want your daughter to marry and established man? Or are they just locked into set cultural mindsets and expectations, even though only recent years happenings are the real aberration for all of humanity?

The sweet spot for family is your own ability to keep up with your kids.

Kids are nothing but bundles of energy. They're fast, exhausting, and overly curious.

I'd say late 20s to mid 30s would be the sweet spot you're looking for. As for ensuring you stay married and your kids don't turn into animals, I would look to healthy community groups where you can socialize with other like minded people. Churches help with this.

Quote: (05-24-2017 02:42 PM)DarkTriad Wrote:  

Even if she doesn't outright divorce rape you, the massive threat of the divorce industrial complex will chip away at any degree of Alpha you have in a relationship (which they need to be happy). Even a "successful" marriage under the current laws can be a living hell. Don't do it.

This. Oh my, my, my, this.

Let's be clear about something: unless you marry someone specially fucked in the head, there is roughly zero chance of you gaming a woman while married in the West. Doubly so when you have kids. Gaming in a marriage is playing with matches while drenched in gasoline: if you know what you're doing, you don't get burned, but even then all it takes is one missed match to immolate yourself. That's because your marriage will always have the Damoclean sword of a biased property and custody settlement hanging over it. Some men handle that sword better than others, but it is always there and you would be a fool to marry without realising that simple fact.

The worst part of this fact is that your wife won't even have to overtly threaten you with a divorce. You will have cottoned on long before.

It will occur to you somewhere around the time you first get into a stand-up argument with the woman. Somewhere in the middle of gritting your teeth as she screams at you for the cardinal, unforgiveable sin of forgetting to turn on the washing machine before you left for work that morning, a sane part of your brain will whisper to you: "Dude. She is actually serious about this. If you stand your ground much longer, she may actually get mad enough to walk. She is actually stupid enough to destroy an entire marriage over a load of washing."

You'll start to assess the consequences of that.

First, you'll be tossed from a home that you bought with your own money (or more realistically, a home that you signed over 30 years of your life to the local bank for and which you maybe own 10% of).

Second, you'll be out on the street with no support other than maybe family members (and not even then if she pissed them off or they dared to slight her in some way in the past). Your other married friends (i.e. the only friends you likely have left by this point) won't be giving you any shelter, because you're the husband; their wives all hate you, and your friends all are therefore required to hate you too.

Third, you will consign your kids to likely failed marriages themselves, since children of divorced parents generally wind up divorcing as well, let alone the fact you'll see them even less than you did while you were busting your gut paying for them and her. This is probably the hardest thing to bear - or fucking well should be - because you were stupid enough to bring your kids into this. They did not ask to be born into a fucked up marriage.

Fourth, you will consign your kids to her next boyfriend, who, by dating a "single" mother, will be somewhere on a personality spectrum that starts at "uncaring, thirsty beta" and ends at "paedophile".

Fifth, unless you consign yourself to poverty by giving her whatever the fuck she wants out of a divorce, you will subject yourself to years of stress and misery while the case winds its way through a court system that is stacked against you to the rafters.

Sixth, once you are clear of that marriage, the "residuals" (alimony/child support) will be enough to cripple your economic viability for decades to come.

All these thoughts will go through your head in a seconds-long, icy river of realisation. It's sort of like having a cold heart attack.

At that point, you will do what just about every provider husband/father with any sense has done since the era of no-fault divorce began. You will reach down, extract your balls from their scrotum, and hand them over to your wife while mumbling a promise to turn on the washing machine in future. At this point -- which happens early in every marriage -- you get your first taste of the red pill. Unfortunately, by the time you've gotten that taste, it's too fucking late. As Red once noted in Shawshank Redemption: "Terrible thing, to live in fear."

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

^^ Damn, that's some bone-chilling shit! Very well worded though.

Don't think you're going to find too much sunshine/flowers on this site with regards to a "traditional" marriage and child-rearing, OP.

Lol Paracelus, that's definitely looking at the marriage glass as half full, hell of a black pill there bro...

YMMV depending on:
-your family background, and (especially) hers: stable or divorced, family role models
-her temperament: patience, emotional maturity
-her mileage: the more partners she's had, the lower the chances of a stable marriage
-your extended circle of friends and family

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Quote: (05-24-2017 03:22 PM)El_Gostro Wrote:  

I guess my take on it is that I want to make sure the bloodline survives. Even if I get screwed, separated, denied by the children themselves or our name becomes lost to the four winds I will know that the genetical data my countless ancestors refined will carry on and our essence shan't be lost by me at least...

I understand that urge, but it's ego talking. Your genetics will become diluted with each successive generation. How much of your great grandfather do you have within you? His father? etc. etc. What if you have kids but they turn out to be totally different than you, do things you might not want or like? Or, worse, are put through the ringer that is the current system. I honestly feel guilty bringing children into any Western country, but I'm not glamoring life in other places either. This is a time of real Crisis, the Fourth Turning is right-on, and I would be focusing on resource gathering, time/money/energy management, and protecting oneself in as many ways as one can. The evidence as to why is all around us. I'm optimistic, but not naive.

Passing on one's genes is a pipe dream and one that no doubt pushed many men into intentional or accidental fatherhood and the inevitable unhappiness that ensues, whether or not you go through the steps Paracelsus brilliantly outlines below.

I had to come to peace with this desire and realize that the only way I could leave a mark on the world was to help others and to create something that is uniquely mine. I'm in the process of doing that. I'm early 40s, and have been building this 'child' for over 10 years. I love it, I anthropomorphize it, I struggle with it, and I'm proud of it. This is my 'campaign' as Roosh has said, my biggest campaign. It's audacious, ambitious, and totally engrossing to me. It's going to make a difference in the world - already is, but only a more individual basis with my customers.

Please consider a scenario - you're simply unable to have children on your own. Pretend by whatever means you just can't. Nothing you can do about it. Adoption would defeat the purpose of passing on your genes. So now, considering that, what would you do with your life?

It's honestly a bitter pill for me to swallow, but here's my take on this. I feel I'm still in my best working and creative years. I've got drive, determination, minimal distractions, and have been taking a break from actively pursuing women to focus on this campaign. I'm gathering resources and watching what's happening in the world around me. Listen and watch twice as much as I speak. I'm also taking care of my body and mind, so if at some point I've decided I'm willing to move to a place where I have a better chance to have children and not be wrung through the western-style divorce system, I may do that. But that's probably 10 years off or more. But who knows what will happen in the world tomorrow, so I can't bank on that.

With the current systems and prejudices in America and any Western country, getting married and having kids is certain suicide by more than a dozen different and unknowable ways.

The analogy of modern marriage to playing with matches while drenched in gasoline needs to be memed!

Quote: (05-24-2017 09:49 PM)Truth Tiger Wrote:  

Quote: (05-24-2017 03:22 PM)El_Gostro Wrote:  

I understand that urge, but it's ego talking. Your genetics will become diluted with each successive generation. How much of your great grandfather do you have within you? His father? etc. etc. What if you have kids but they turn out to be totally different than you, do things you might not want or like? Or, worse, are put through the ringer that is the current system. I honestly feel guilty bringing children into any Western country, but I'm not glamoring life in other places either. This is a time of real Crisis, the Fourth Turning is right-on, and I would be focusing on resource gathering, time/money/energy management, and protecting oneself in as many ways as one can. The evidence as to why is all around us. I'm optimistic, but not naive.

Passing on one's genes is a pipe dream and one that no doubt pushed many men into intentional or accidental fatherhood and the inevitable unhappiness that ensues, whether or not you go through the steps Paracelsus brilliantly outlines below.

I had to come to peace with this desire and realize that the only way I could leave a mark on the world was to help others and to create something that is uniquely mine. I'm in the process of doing that. I'm early 40s, and have been building this 'child' for over 10 years. I love it, I anthropomorphize it, I struggle with it, and I'm proud of it. This is my 'campaign' as Roosh has said, my biggest campaign. It's audacious, ambitious, and totally engrossing to me. It's going to make a difference in the world - already is, but only a more individual basis with my customers.

Please consider a scenario - you're simply unable to have children on your own. Pretend by whatever means you just can't. Nothing you can do about it. Adoption would defeat the purpose of passing on your genes. So now, considering that, what would you do with your life?

It's honestly a bitter pill for me to swallow, but here's my take on this. I feel I'm still in my best working and creative years. I've got drive, determination, minimal distractions, and have been taking a break from actively pursuing women to focus on this campaign. I'm gathering resources and watching what's happening in the world around me. Listen and watch twice as much as I speak. I'm also taking care of my body and mind, so if at some point I've decided I'm willing to move to a place where I have a better chance to have children and not be wrung through the western-style divorce system, I may do that. But that's probably 10 years off or more. But who knows what will happen in the world tomorrow, so I can't bank on that.

With the current systems and prejudices in America and any Western country, getting married and having kids is certain suicide by more than a dozen different and unknowable ways.

The analogy of modern marriage to playing with matches while drenched in gasoline needs to be memed!

Point well taken, I guess ego definitely plays a part though I also think it still comes a bit from that idea that it's the program to carry on because it's there in the BIOS. Of course the question would then be why not sow wild oats to the wind.
But yeah, ego is there, and how!
I am aware of the disconnect between countless generations and how constant mixing produced what we are today but that is also our uniting link, and to end it because of my own selfish interest is what I find conflict with (might also be psychological as I am the only child left who can leave descendants)...

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

Quote: (05-24-2017 09:49 PM)Truth Tiger Wrote:  

Getting married and having kids are two completely different things.

I'm 100% in support of men having kids, it literally the biological point to our existance. It's the most masculine thing a man can possibly do.

Getting married on the other hand, I am 80% against it. I'm not married and I don't plan to be. But I'll never say never, of course, because who knows, but from what I can see, the downsides outweigh the positives.

A father can absolutely raise a traditional gang of children without being married. Why on earth should a legal government contract called marriage be a prerequisite for having children. It's 2017. Let's be red pill. Simply tell your baby mama that she's your queen and that you're her king. Why the need for labels and contracts, there are some exceptions I suppose, but for the most part marriage is for blue-pill common folk. If you wanna do a wedding and throw a celebration for your parents to be proud of you etc, then just do a proxy-wedding, and do it without the contract and priest.

Re: El_Gostro, hear you on that. I'm not an only child but my siblings are liberal with blinders on so it feels that way. Ive explored relocation and am working on it. A few members here have experience with getting or being married, or seeking a good partner (Travesty's thread) and navigating those waters.

I'd say you might also be looking for clarity of purpose which focuses your energies toward goals that are congruent and satisfying. I've written about this re: discovering your genius. While 'disregard females, acquire currency' is a funny and apt meme, it's not sufficient to build a full life upon. When you are driven by your unique passion and apply it toward goals that come from deep in your soul, you have a guidepost to help select a woman who wants to join you on your ride. YOUR ride!

David Deida is also inspirational on this topic of a man finding and pursuing his purpose. Check out the video 'Spirit Sex Love' and first focus your attention on the men and his advice for them. Then watch it for the women. It may be that some of the problems we face are due to not being ruthlessly clear in our deepest purpose which transcends the presence of any particular person in our life. That is our highest masculine expression. It doesn't have to be glamorous, but it has to be solely ours.

My relationships and dating experiences improved as I got to know that dimension of myself. Aside from the BIOS imperative of passing on my genes (nice one!), I knew why *I* was put on this planet, and that is a level of ecstasy I wish all men to know. It's not hard and some do, but it needs to be 100% of us.

Re: Jungle, I agree that it's possible but in the western world it seems any arrangement can invite the court, common law marriage exists in many states especially if you declare yourself married (having a ceremony is one way...). Surrogacy is a better option and then not having live-in girlfriends.

I disagree that having children is *the* most masculine thing you can do. For average men it certainly is. But being aware of all the risks in a potential deal is extremely masculine, vs just going with 'we are here to make babies.' Clearly, that's true for most people. I know for me that is now a second place to fulfilling my own purpose, as I alluded to above and have posted about.

You might want to read Kahlil Gibran's sage guidance On Children in 'The Prophet' and On Marriage as well.

We don't ever get to tell our children who to be, they are always their own being and we can be a good example and enjoy the process of their discovery of life's meaning and joys and sorrows and achievement.

http://www.katsandogz.com/onchildren.html

Quote: (05-25-2017 03:46 AM)Jungle Wrote:  

A father can absolutely raise a traditional gang of children without being married.

This is actually the endpoint of feminism, though. Look at Scandinavian countries where there is a complete and absolute disconnect between marriage and children.

Despite the fact that divorce is rampant in the West, I do not think kids get the best start in life when their definition of the relations between the sexes is baby mamas. It conveys a complete inability to fully pair-bond/commit which then sets the stage for the repetition of the cycle in the next generation.

^ Yep.

Wow, lots of strong (not poorly reasoned though) anti-marriage posts. I'm guessing very few have strong historical or familial connections to religious communities, so for me there is no wonder why the sentiments are that way given the truth about no-fault destruction scam.

Also, I always wondered why so many guys I meet seem basically beat down. I always wonder what combo of given up/masculinity/locked in/beta there is in the ones that are so adamant about marriage supposedly sucking.

Re: Kid Twist, my parents remained married over 40 years until my Dad's death. She is a very religious Catholic, Eastern European background, and I believe when she says she was a virgin when marrying my Dad. He was a secular though God-respecting Muslim. They made it work and I had an intact family though both of them had rough pasts they were still dealing with for decades. It was an intact but not emotionally stable household.

Religious background is no guarantee of martial stability, although it can certainly help if the woman is willing to fulfill her traditional role and respects masculine men. It doesn't sound like you've been around men to see why many have become broken. I've seen too many and I know their stories. The environment needs to support your relationship goals or you're playing Russian roulette with 5 chambers loaded.

'Beta' and 'Alpha' are bullshit when a woman can decide to throw DV accusations on you and you get put in jail. These aren't be 1950s, post WW2 where everyone just wanted to enjoy a peaceful life with nice things. But it seems like more younger women are seeing the problems of feminism and gynocentric laws although that might also be a ruse of convenience. You lose all authority over your life getting into a committed live in relationship in the west. In point of fact, the continuation of a marriage and even your freedoms are solely at the woman's discretion. I'm not the first to write about this.

For an entertaining but sobering take look up videos by Terence Popp / redonkulas on YT. He's ex special forces, a soldier's soldier and got fucked by his wife. Messenger Rising is also a sober and powerful speaker on the damage done by women in the west (not just white but all races) ending / destroying western families. Keep your eyes own, don't chalk it up to 'you're too beta to be a strong leader in the relationship!' I'm not saying you're saying that, but watch for that kind of thinking. If you don't know why guys are gun shy or anti-marriage then keep looking into the reasons why. They are absolutely out there. Oh and this video by Karen Straughn is excellent and relevant to this theme of men not marrying:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=faeT4fIFAcg

Quote: (05-24-2017 09:12 PM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

Quote: (05-24-2017 02:42 PM)DarkTriad Wrote:  

Even if she doesn't outright divorce rape you, the massive threat of the divorce industrial complex will chip away at any degree of Alpha you have in a relationship (which they need to be happy). Even a "successful" marriage under the current laws can be a living hell. Don't do it.

This. Oh my, my, my, this.

Let's be clear about something: unless you marry someone specially fucked in the head, there is roughly zero chance of you gaming a woman while married in the West. Doubly so when you have kids. Gaming in a marriage is playing with matches while drenched in gasoline: if you know what you're doing, you don't get burned, but even then all it takes is one missed match to immolate yourself. That's because your marriage will always have the Damoclean sword of a biased property and custody settlement hanging over it. Some men handle that sword better than others, but it is always there and you would be a fool to marry without realising that simple fact.

The worst part of this fact is that your wife won't even have to overtly threaten you with a divorce. You will have cottoned on long before.

It will occur to you somewhere around the time you first get into a stand-up argument with the woman. Somewhere in the middle of gritting your teeth as she screams at you for the cardinal, unforgiveable sin of forgetting to turn on the washing machine before you left for work that morning, a sane part of your brain will whisper to you: "Dude. She is actually serious about this. If you stand your ground much longer, she may actually get mad enough to walk. She is actually stupid enough to destroy an entire marriage over a load of washing."

You'll start to assess the consequences of that.

First, you'll be tossed from a home that you bought with your own money (or more realistically, a home that you signed over 30 years of your life to the local bank for and which you maybe own 10% of).

Second, you'll be out on the street with no support other than maybe family members (and not even then if she pissed them off or they dared to slight her in some way in the past). Your other married friends (i.e. the only friends you likely have left by this point) won't be giving you any shelter, because you're the husband; their wives all hate you, and your friends all are therefore required to hate you too.

Third, you will consign your kids to likely failed marriages themselves, since children of divorced parents generally wind up divorcing as well, let alone the fact you'll see them even less than you did while you were busting your gut paying for them and her. This is probably the hardest thing to bear - or fucking well should be - because you were stupid enough to bring your kids into this. They did not ask to be born into a fucked up marriage.

Fourth, you will consign your kids to her next boyfriend, who, by dating a "single" mother, will be somewhere on a personality spectrum that starts at "uncaring, thirsty beta" and ends at "paedophile".

Fifth, unless you consign yourself to poverty by giving her whatever the fuck she wants out of a divorce, you will subject yourself to years of stress and misery while the case winds its way through a court system that is stacked against you to the rafters.

Sixth, once you are clear of that marriage, the "residuals" (alimony/child support) will be enough to cripple your economic viability for decades to come.

All these thoughts will go through your head in a seconds-long, icy river of realisation. It's sort of like having a cold heart attack.

At that point, you will do what just about every provider husband/father with any sense has done since the era of no-fault divorce began. You will reach down, extract your balls from their scrotum, and hand them over to your wife while mumbling a promise to turn on the washing machine in future. At this point -- which happens early in every marriage -- you get your first taste of the red pill. Unfortunately, by the time you've gotten that taste, it's too fucking late. As Red once noted in Shawshank Redemption: "Terrible thing, to live in fear."

What a pile of shit. Just study some Athol Kay's "Married man's Sex Life". Read his blog. It is completely possible to charm a wife and stay relatively happy provided things in your life are managed well. Or read "Applied Female Psychology for the Practical Male".

Often it comes down to marrying the right person to begin with. The type of situation you're describing is a BP AFC who let his wife wear his balls. That kind of divorce rape happens to men who (1) have a stay at home wife and (2) got a shitty lawyer or tried to self represent.

Marriage is a bad deal and so you HAVE to pick carefully. After you're married, you then have to keep your head on straight and be a charming and playful husband who pays the bills and fixes shit around the house. Young boys need their dad. It means being in your kid's life in a meaningful way implying living in the same home as him.

That said, you can't then go (1)"never get married" and out of the other side of your mouth say (2) "white people aren't having babies anymore... oh noes the brown people are outbreeding us". You get to to pick (1) or (2), that's it.

As for when to have kids? They require a lot of energy so the younger the better. You also have better quality sperm.

Quote: (05-25-2017 09:26 PM)Tytalus Wrote:  

As for when to have kids? They require a lot of energy so the younger the better. You also have better quality sperm.

Agreed.

33-34 is a good age as long as your baby mama is at least 8 (+/-2) years younger.

Quote: (05-25-2017 09:26 PM)Tytalus Wrote:  

Does this actually matter? I've never heard anyone say this before. What are the risks if you have a kid when you're an old guy popping Cialis?

@gas
My father was an old man when he had my brother and me. A child needs a a lot of physical input and output as part of their development, an aged man with strained joints and lower energy capabilities understandably Can't provide the proper levels and that will affect their development. Props on education though!

Quote: (05-25-2017 09:24 PM)Tytalus Wrote:  

What a pile of shit. Just study some Athol Kay's "Married man's Sex Life". Read his blog. It is completely possible to charm a wife and stay relatively happy provided things in your life are managed well. Or read "Applied Female Psychology for the Practical Male".

Often it comes down to marrying the right person to begin with. The type of situation you're describing is a BP AFC who let his wife wear his balls. That kind of divorce rape happens to men who (1) have a stay at home wife and (2) got a shitty lawyer or tried to self represent.

Marriage is a bad deal and so you HAVE to pick carefully. After you're married, you then have to keep your head on straight and be a charming and playful husband who pays the bills and fixes shit around the house. Young boys need their dad. It means being in your kid's life in a meaningful way implying living in the same home as him.

That said, you can't then go (1)"never get married" and out of the other side of your mouth say (2) "white people aren't having babies anymore... oh noes the brown people are outbreeding us". You get to to pick (1) or (2), that's it.

Look, for most of what you're saying I completely agree: it's a bad fucking deal, and a lot does depend on the partner you pick. I admit to some skepticism on Mr. Kay's ideas. Athol Kay's books are mostly written for stereotypical beta guys who are pedestalising their women anyway and who are already in the shit because their marriages have turned sexless, so he's certainly writing for the crowd that needs to get up off the fucking floor to begin with.

Even so: you can be giving a wife screaming orgasms every other night of the week and she still will not be happy. She will still be finding some shit to throw at you about or make your problem. And in the case of divorce, like I said, all it takes is one: one disagreement on a holiday location, one load of washing forgotten, and bang, there you are with at least fifty percent of your shit gone and going through the miserable pain of being separated from kids that you loved, supported, and wanted to be with. And those are the better outcomes, the ones that don't include false rape accusations or restraining orders.

The expression "The Old Ball and Chain" is not a manosphere term. It predates it by decades. And that was talking about marriage before everything went to shit from roughly 1960 onward.

Mark Minter is rightly a pariah in these parts, mainly because he's a fraud and didn't live by the game he spat, but like Wesley Snipes once said, even the sun shines on a dog's ass some days. And I'm pretty sure there'd be a fair number of divorced (and married) men who wouldn't at least have some sympathy or agreement for one of his more epic diatribes:

Quote:Quote:

I was reading the Red Pill Blog (It’s a very good blog if you have never read it. I highly recommend his article on The Female Social Matrix. It is very long. Here is a link to it: http://theredpillroom.blogspot.com/2012/...ction.html ). The writer is another guy that has been married for 21 years. One of his articles says you can’t be alpha part of the time. His wife says “Foreplay begins in the morning when your feet hit the floor after you wake up” He begins this list of things you should do:

That means being the leader every day.
That means being decisive in your leadership every day.
That means soliciting her opinions before you make a decision about something important, every day.
That means ensuring the health, safety, and welfare for your family every day.
That means household maintenance every day.
That means working out in some way, every day.
That means making at least three good DHV Alpha moves every day.
That means intriguing her sense of curiosity or wonder every day.
That means making her come to you, not the other way around, every day.

And this is just a fragment of his list and I started thinking after reading about a third of the way through it, “Fuck it”. It’s such a load of shit to go through just to be with a woman. You just can’t “be” with one. There is always going to be this tension that you are going to be put through in one form or another. You either are the perfect little beta with a side of alpha that is the best little handyman or you have to now go through this contrived alpha shit that Ian Ironwood lists above.

its such a lot of shit to go through just to have some regular pussy. That’s not really even regular and it gets real tired. It is far better to fuck new pussy then your old tired ass wife and look that crap you have to go through to even get that.

And none of it is guaranteed to work and most of this is just conjecture. A few married guys that a “her-i-cane” hasn’t made “landfall” into his life and his marriage are like people living in Orlando telling people in southern Alabama how best to avoid a hurricane. Just because a major hurricane hasn’t hit Orlando doesn’t mean one won’t ever hit there.

I am 57. I am divorced. I live without a woman. I was sad and mad for about four years after the divorce. But now, not a day fucking goes by that I am not actually thankful that I don’t have that woman in my life. I don’t mean just a little bit thankful. I mean I am fucking giddy about it. Being happy is fucking easy. All you have to do to be happy is not be unhappy. I can’t really tell you how to be happy but I can fucking tell you how to be unhappy. Have a 55 year old wife. That’s how.

There are 3 women in their late forties or fifties that all three live right next to each other, right by me. I look at them and I am so glad I don’t have one of these beasts in my bed. My mother died way before my father and he never went with another woman. It wasn’t any devotion to her. He hated her. He was sick of her. She harangued and henpecked him for 40 or years. And he was alpha as mother fucker and he had all those good beta qualities of regularity and dependability that a woman could want in a man. He was 6’3″ 220 pound Sergeant-Major in the military that was about the meanest looking mother fucker you would see every week.

He had a command voice that would freeze children in their tracks. I would run into his young troopers on the base when I was a teenager and when they found out who I was they would say “Your dad is a mean fucking asshole”. I would reply “You’re telling me something I don’t know. I’m his fucking son. Try that on for a while.” But no matter what, how alpha you are or what good alpha/beta mix you are there is still going to be something that is going to put a burr in that woman’s saddle. He was a good man and a good husband and still they ended up sleeping in different rooms.

All this ink and writing about how to be some alpha with some beta in you or a beta with some alpha in you is a fucking waste of time. There is no solution to this. Women and men are too far apart and there is no reconciliation. They have opinions that are rationalized, solipsistic, false, or generalized. They have the advantageous position of having a pussy that you want more than they want your dick, and they have the law, religion, and the media on their side. The highest rate of divorce is among interracial marriages of white woman and black men. And you know those relationships are the best example of women wanting to marry alpha dick and that is the only reason that the woman married the man.

Get it through your head, Men are from mars; women are FUCKING IDIOTS.

Minter's was an extreme point of view; I don't hold that he's entirely accurate. It's probably best to just conclude: if you're going to get married, be fucking careful and know what you're getting into; and if you're going to have kids, be doubly fucking careful, because if there is one thing I have learned, it's that Frank Miller was right: once a man has children, he is never truly free.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Quote: (05-26-2017 12:10 AM)El_Gostro Wrote:  

A child needs a a lot of physical input and output as part of their development, an aged man with strained joints and lower energy capabilities understandably Can't provide the proper levels and that will affect their development.

That makes it even more important to maintain a healthy lifestyle (working out, proper nutrition) throughout your life. A fit and healthy 50-year old will be a better role model for his kids than a 35-year old couch potato.

@gas
My father was an old man when he had my brother and me. A child needs a a lot of physical input and output as part of their development, an aged man with strained joints and lower energy capabilities understandably Can't provide the proper levels and that will affect their development. Props on education though!

I was meaning more about sperm quality. If you conceive with young horny teenager sperm does that make a difference against conceiving with old man geriatric sperm?

Quote: (05-26-2017 05:41 AM)Gas Wrote:  

@gas

I was referring to the comment about sperm quality. If you conceive with young horny teenager sperm does that make a difference against conceiving with old man geriatric sperm?