rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Run away from home to new city

Hey guys need some help. I left my house and just moved to a new city to be alone for a while. I have basic stuffs but what should I do. How to find cheap hotel/hostel. Thanks

You could be a little bit more articulate about your situation first of all.
How much money are you carrying, do you have any specific job skills or work remotely? What is your age bracket?
Are you planning to go back?
Are you able or willing to rough it out and sleep outside? etc etc

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

Why did you leave home?

I am 27 and having a kind of crisis and my family aren't very supportive. They want me to marry but I can barely get a job. I'm so confused. RVF is a source of trust for me.

Quote: (05-13-2017 01:33 PM)minuteman12 Wrote:  

I am 27 and having a kind of crisis and my family aren't very supportive. They want me to marry but I can barely get a job. I'm so confused. RVF is a source of trust for me.

Alright we need to talk about this more because your background will substantially influence your future and your outcomes.

What country do you live in?

Do you have a degree or any sort of work experience?

Seeing as you're 27, were you living with your parents? Why did you spend so much time with them?

El_Gastro is our true roving nomad. He's got a great thread on his travels and stories around Europe. If you're of the "no skills, very little money" variety you might want to read his thread for some good panhandling tips.

Your first steps will be to find housing and a job. If you have a smartphone, download airbnb and look for a private room that you can stay in for a week. Claim you're "visiting" town or whatnot. You might be able to get away with couchsurfing for free. YMMV

Once you've secured housing, you need to find a job and make some cash to start sustaining yourself.

Good luck.

The Beast is on the spot, having a crash pad is of prime priority as proper resting is going to be *essential* for you, both for your physical (job hunt and/or actual job performance)and mental (figuring out where to go and reflection) needs.

I too, urge you to give us the rundown of your background and how it led to your current position, it can seem irrelevant right now that you are obviously in conflict with your folks but it will contain the root of the issue and hopefully the key to the solution.

Here is my vagrant life thread.

Again, do tell us what happened. It will aid us in helping you sail to a safe port

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

Yes I am in Uk..Scotland. will post details further.
In hotel. But pricey. Thanks guys for support

I have experience being alone with no family to lean on but need more info. Are you employed right now? What is your employment history? How many months worth of cash to survive do you have in the bank? Do you have any friends where you are at now?

Quote: (05-13-2017 02:10 PM)minuteman12 Wrote:  

Glasgow? Edinburgh?

Quote: (05-15-2017 02:44 AM)Conquerer7 Wrote:  

Glasgow? Edinburgh?

Fuck the hotel. Do you drive? If so then you should get a cheap van for a few months to live in whilst you sort shit out. You can't afford to go haemorrhaging money like that.

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

"Running away from home" is what 14 year old girls do.

[Image: troll.gif]

Hey minuteman, what's the story here? Fight or Flight?

Hopefully your writing your response to El_Gastro & The Beast 1's initial questions, hopefully, as RVF members, we can all help to get you back on the right track.

Which city have you left/arrived in? Some of us may be close to your current location.

Edit: @king bast, can we keep the snark down until we find out minutemans situation, sometimes even strong men feel the need to escape, for whatever reason. Hope you never find yourself there.

I think...maybe...king bast was picking on the language, not the act. At 27, you aren't "running away from home". You're "moving out", and not seeing it that way might point to some of the underlying trouble moving forward.

Hopefully we'll learn more about this home crisis to form some ideas how to help.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

I will update situation. Yes I am moving out not running away. In budget hotel now. Visited hooker yesterday for first time as well. In Glasgow, will post further later on

Indian race troll: European edition.

Quote: (05-15-2017 09:23 AM)minuteman12 Wrote:  

Visited hooker yesterday for first time as well.

[Image: facepalm-monkey.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!

[Image: 1160.gif]

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Quote: (05-15-2017 09:23 AM)minuteman12 Wrote:  

Visited hooker yesterday for first time as well. In Glasgow, will post further later on

Please dont. If you want and need RVF help then your first job here is dont get banned

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

[Image: mindblown3.gif]

So, your sorted then. Just havin a blow out........

As much as this might be a troll, I want to let this thread unfurl.

A hooker isn't going to solve your problems, neither is "running away".

You have to face your fears head on, develop the skills to fight said fears, which you can acquire on this forum.

But you need to answer the questions and give us details about your background and the situation you're in.

NOT sporadic updates about moving then banging a hooker.

Hookers aren't real life.

Don't tell us about your misadventures, explain your situation.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

If money's a problem I can't see how seeing a hooker will ameliorate your situation.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Quote: (05-15-2017 01:30 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

As much as this might be a troll, I want to let this thread unfurl.

With all due respect, why? There are 5 or 6 of these troll accounts that have been very active lately.

It depresses me seeing earnest members, in good standing, waste time feeding them.

I get why you're questioning me.

Because there have been a few that actually turned themselves around on this forum and ended up not being troll.

You've got to understand this forum attracts all sorts of weirdos, fucked upped people, and others in search of help.

I do agree there have been a ton of troll activity as of late - it's never too late for a ban hammer.

The OP posted here for a bit two and a half years ago, mostly low-key observational comments and plausible misunderstandings rather than inflammatory trolling. He had another thread that seemed like a very genuine plea for help figuring out how to talk to a woman.

I get the impression that he is likely genuinely struggling and should be treated respectfully until proven otherwise. There are many men OP's age in controlling home situations, frustrated with the world, and trying to figure things out. I knew a guy in a similar situation who never made it as far as moving out and I can't help but try to be supportive.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!