rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I Recovered From a Messy Breakup

This breakup hit me hard when it happened, but I’d like to share my story on the forums for people that feel low right now. Just remember, you aren’t alone. Other people have experienced what you are experiencing. Things get better.

So I had a crush on this girl when I was in my second year of university. The school year starts in September. We met in October. She had a boyfriend at the time but that didn’t stop me from trying. There is always that one girl who you just put above all the rest. I really wanted her so I was persistent.

We became friends and eventually exchanged numbers. We texted and started hanging out too. We even started drinking together. Things were going smoothly. She would even initiate conversations all on her own through texts. All of this was happening over the course of several months though, none of this was immediate. I first had to gain her trust.

Things progressed and by March I was staying the night in her room and cuddling with her in bed. Things were escalating. One night we started making out. She still had a boyfriend at the time. A few days later she broke up with him and I was one happy fella.

We didn’t last long unfortunately. We broke up during the summer when it became a LDR. She called it off. It felt like we dated for longer because of how we got to know each other over the past few months. What made it worse is that when we both returned to university, she made out with one of my best friends. Things became terrible just like they immediately after she ended things.

My friend apologized to me in person like a man. I forgave him as long as nothing else came from it. He promised this was the case. It wasn’t though because later on I found out that he was going back to her room and staying the night. This crushed me. I lost my girlfriend and a best friend. To this day we are no longer friends and this happens 2 years ago.

Seeing girls out and going home with them really boosts the confidence. This happened a few times. Whatever works eh?

Just wanted to share. Cheers fellas.

Yeah.....it's called the Tinder thread

thread-19115-page-242.html

and the Player's Log....

thread-24128-page-393.html

Looks like he already posted this exact story, verbatim, in the Player's Lounge Kaotic.

What's that I smell? Oh yes...

[Image: troll.gif]

"Once you've gotten the lay you have won."- Mufasa

"You Miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Wayne Gretzky

Brandon, I'm assuming you posted double ? Is that why you changed this entire thread and title ?

Quote: (05-12-2017 12:38 PM)Vill@in Wrote:  

Looks like he already posted this exact story, verbatim, in the Player's Lounge Kaotic.

What's that I smell? Oh yes...

[Image: troll.gif]

Yeah that's my bad, brother. I forgot I already posted that. I make my threads on Word before I post them. I changed this thread. I'd delete it if I could but I can't?

Quote: (05-12-2017 12:42 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Brandon, I'm assuming you posted double ? Is that why you changed this entire thread and title ?

Yes. I forgot that I already posted it so I changed the thread.

OP, go fuck 10 girls.
You won't even remember the name of this one.

Quote: (05-12-2017 03:13 PM)Latan Wrote:  

OP, go fuck 10 girls.

To dissent, I don't think this is good advice anymore. After he fucks the 10 girls, what does he have? A fuck by itself is hollow, a step above a hooker or a wank. "I got my nut". And then? Until you're 40 and still looking impatiently for your next nut recipient.

"One-itis" on good terms is not worthy of contempt, but OP needs to recognize this as a historical defeat (not something that defines him or his life), and he needs to keep being social and growing as a man so that one day he can overwrite that with something brighter.

Quote: (05-13-2017 09:59 PM)Phoenix Wrote:  

Quote: (05-12-2017 03:13 PM)Latan Wrote:  

OP, go fuck 10 girls.

To dissent, I don't think this is good advice anymore. After he fucks the 10 girls, what does he have? A fuck by itself is hollow, a step above a hooker or a wank. "I got my nut". And then? Until you're 40 and still looking impatiently for your next nut recipient.

"One-itis" on good terms is not worthy of contempt, but OP needs to recognize this as a historical defeat (not something that defines him or his life), and he needs to keep being social and growing as a man so that one day he can overwrite that with something brighter.

Yeah, that is such terrible teenage advice, as if its hard to go fuck ten other girls. Its actually funny now when someone seriously recommends it. You can go fuck 100, and if you have it really bad for one girl, it will make you feel worse when you are trying to bang all of these girls, and can only think of one.

I like Roissy's advice; do the opposite approach, take a month off from women entirely. No approaching, online dating, texting, etc. Take a month and go to the gym everyday for 30 days, clean up your diet, take care of yourself, reconnect with your friends, dig into work, etc. Just get back to yourself.

This all happened 2 years ago. I'm liking the advice you guys are bringing to the table aside from Latan's to go fuck 10 randoms. I should point out that I'm as happy as ever these days. I just wanted to make this post for all the brothers who are/have been in similar situations. I had it really bad for this girl and she just didn't feel the same way in the end which is fine. It hurts for a bit but you move on. My buddy is actually dating one of her roommates and he told me that no one in the house likes and and she's dropping out of university. Meanwhile I just graduated and made the Dean's list. Sucks for her haha. I'm having a great life.

Cheers, fellas