rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Things men say are country-specific rules that are actually global rules

I constantly see statements in the Travel section that sound like country-specific remarks that are actually universally true. E.g. "getting 6s and 7s is easy but getting 8s and above is harder in country X". I've seen dudes say that very thing about every single country as though it's locally specific.

I thought it would be good to start listing them here so people can stop purporting them as local insight.

1. The hottest women don't speak foreign languages as frequently. Naturally, hot women don't have to put any effort into anything except their make up. Why would they bother going through the substantial effort of learning a foreign language when they already get chased by local handsome millionaires?
2. The hottest women usually date local guys. Yes, true in every country, and indeed all women usually date local guys due to simple numbers reasons alone, and language/social reasons on top of that.
3. There are lots of '6s' and '7s' here but very few '8s' and '9s'. Yes, that's called the bell curve, and it's not a useful statement. Comparative statements like "country A has more 9s and 1s than country B" are useful because they allow you to picture the shape of the curve relative to a reference point.
4. 6s and 7s are easy here but 8s and 9s are hard. Same everywhere. I'd be fascinated to see a country where 8s and 9s are easy for the average guy but 6s and 7s are hard. Simple universal competitive supply & demand.
5. On average locals aren't as friendly/accepting of foreigners unless they speak the local language.

Fire away...

When you get off the plane don't expect girls to be lining up to suck your dick.

Don't think you don't need any game to get laid.

Speaking the local language helps get the best girls.

And my favorite of all retard statements:
"If you can't get laid at home don't bother coming here."

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Quote: (05-04-2017 07:06 AM)Travesty Wrote:  

Speaking the local language helps get the best girls.

It's always amusing when the international media comes and interviews locals to find out what the people think. As if the one percent capable of being interviewed in English were representative. Lazy and dishonest. Same applies to meeting people. You're getting a highly skewed picture if all your interactions go through that massive filter.

I'd be very interested in hearing more from you about this.

I've always been of the view that if you have to struggle mightily at home, you'll probably have a hard time anywhere. But have you experienced/observed anything that greatly contradicted this? I know some guys here in the US that can hardly get laid but do much better in third world SEA countries, but I'm more interested in cases where you go to some place like, say, Eastern Europe (2nd world I guess) and do much better than at home.

Pussy ain't for pussies...

Yeah the entire nations of Colombia, Dominican Republic, PI, & Thailand all heavily contradict that.

Dorks studying abroad in college in China, Brazil, or Norway and getting laid way more than they would at home due to exotic factor. Maybe not high quality still way more bangs or at least a oneitis girlfriend.

I mean seriously if someone is giving that advice they just don't have enough world experience or cases of seeing dorky friends/acquaintances/friends of friends that can't get laid to save their life change where they live or study then all of a sudden have success with zero change in their game.

It's like saying if you can't get laid easily in Bakersfield, CA (a shit inland desert town), don't bother coming to NYC, or a party college town.

It's a retard statement. Location changes everything.

Yeah there are places that are harder than where the guy in question is coming from. Vast majority though guy in question comes from a shitty Western city with bitch attitudes and bad prospects and the place he wants to go to has a much better dating market. So yes it will be much easier.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Quote: (05-04-2017 06:06 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

I constantly see statements in the Travel section that sound like country-specific remarks that are actually universally true. E.g. "getting 6s and 7s is easy but getting 8s and above is harder in country X". I've seen dudes say that very thing about every single country as though it's locally specific.

I thought it would be good to start listing them here so people can stop purporting them as local insight.

1. The hottest women don't speak foreign languages as frequently. Naturally, hot women don't have to put any effort into anything except their make up. Why would they bother going through the substantial effort of learning a foreign language when they already get chased by local handsome millionaires?
2. The hottest women usually date local guys. Yes, true in every country, and indeed all women usually date local guys due to simple numbers reasons alone, and language/social reasons on top of that.
3. There are lots of '6s' and '7s' here but very few '8s' and '9s'. Yes, that's called the bell curve, and it's not a useful statement. Comparative statements like "country A has more 9s and 1s than country B" are useful because they allow you to picture the shape of the curve relative to a reference point.
4. 6s and 7s are easy here but 8s and 9s are hard. Same everywhere. I'd be fascinated to see a country where 8s and 9s are easy for the average guy but 6s and 7s are hard. Simple universal competitive supply & demand.
5. On average locals aren't as friendly/accepting of foreigners unless they speak the local language.

Fire away...

My experience:

1. Lots of hot women speak English.

2. No shit! There are always going to be more local guys then foreign guys in any given country by number of 100x or maybe even 1000x. The # of tourists/foreigners in any given country is going to be far lower then the local population. Sheer numbers.

3/4. I think a lot of guys making these reports are from the United States or England where there actually isn't "lots of 6's and 7's" and "6's and 7's" think they're "9s" and "4's" think they're "7s". And "6's and 7's" are actually far more difficult.

5. 99.9% of the world is generally pretty friendly.

^^ What's the reason for that? Is it because English speaking Americans are considered alpha in these countries. Or is it that women are sluttier (ie your average woman has slept with more men than the women at home)?

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Quote: (05-04-2017 08:51 AM)heavy Wrote:  

^^ What's the reason for that? Is it because English speaking Americans are considered alpha in these countries. Or is it that women are sluttier (ie your average woman has slept with more men than the women at home)?

English is one of the few truly global languages, the others being French and Spanish. And anyone who studies marketing/business will almost certainly need to know at least some English

When I read about guys from the anglosphere complaining about how entitled and looks oriented the women in their countries are and then they praise how nice and humble are latin women in comparison, I think how little time they must have spent with high-class girls.

I'm going to second what godzilla says about 3 & 4. Where I use to live in the states I get blow outs from 5,6,7s (very few 7s of them there) like there is no tomorrow. Out here in EE, I actually have a fighting and actual chance.

Based on my experience gaming in US, EE, and SEA...I think you are CRAZY to think that 3 & 4 are universal. Location makes one HELL of a difference for me.

Quote: (05-04-2017 08:46 AM)Travesty Wrote:  

It's like saying if you can't get laid easily in Bakersfield, CA (a shit inland desert town), don't bother coming to NYC, or a party college town.

What do you mean?! Bakersfield is poppin'.

Fully agree on your original statement. Location is key to everything. I'm always going to have an easier time with my looks in Poland than I will in say, Colombia - where I look like a local.

Swing the odds in your favor.

Yeah the entire nations of Colombia, Dominican Republic, PI, & Thailand all heavily contradict that.

Dorks studying abroad in college in China, Brazil, or Norway and getting laid way more than they would at home due to exotic factor. Maybe not high quality still way more bangs or at least a oneitis girlfriend.

I mean seriously if someone is giving that advice they just don't have enough world experience or cases of seeing dorky friends/acquaintances/friends of friends that can't get laid to save their life change where they live or study then all of a sudden have success with zero change in their game.

It's a retard statement. Location changes everything.

Yeah there are places that are harder than where the guy in question is coming from. Vast majority though guy in question comes from a shitty Western city with bitch attitudes and bad prospects and the place he wants to go to has a much better dating market. So yes it will be much easier.

I think this is right up to a point: you can certainly engage in location arbitrage to raise your value significantly. It might improve a man's value by +3pts or so roughly, on a 10 point scale. Which is huge, and is very noticeable, but its not a magic wand.

Its right when it comes to extreme geographic examples too: moving from a rural 20k population town to a big city or similar is always going to be night and day.

But I think a lot of people who reply to threads with "if you can't get laid at home don't come here expecting to get laid" are replying to posts by guys coming from major Western cities (London, New York, Chicago, Paris....wherever) who say they're getting no girls at all there but think they'll be banging models if they move to Sweden.

Location arbitrage can make a guy go from a '4' to a '7', which is great. But going from a '1' to a '4' won't do shit - you'll still be too ugly or game-less to get with any girls of any sort of value.

Far too often too a lot of guys seem to blame their location completely for their lack of success with women. Instead of engaging in the harder task of self improvement (game/physique/finance or social) they just write off their current location and dream of the distant pussy paradise.

Quote: (05-04-2017 10:59 AM)zatara Wrote:  

I think this is right up to a point: you can certainly engage in location arbitrage to raise your value significantly. It might improve a man's value by +3pts or so roughly, on a 10 point scale. Which is huge, and is very noticeable, but its not a magic wand.

Its right when it comes to extreme geographic examples too: moving from a rural 20k population town to a big city or similar is always going to be night and day.

But I think a lot of people who reply to threads with "if you can't get laid at home don't come here expecting to get laid" are replying to posts by guys coming from major Western cities (London, New York, Chicago, Paris....wherever) who say they're getting no girls at all there but think they'll be banging models if they move to Sweden.

Location arbitrage can make a guy go from a '4' to a '7', which is great. But going from a '1' to a '4' won't do shit - you'll still be too ugly or game-less to get with any girls of any sort of value.

Far too often too a lot of guys seem to blame their location completely for their lack of success with women. Instead of engaging in the harder task of self improvement (game/physique/finance or social) they just write off their current location and dream of the distant pussy paradise.

Excellent post, and I agree completely. Which is why when I see guys from the west saying they killed it in SEA or SA, I take it with a grain of salt. It's possible the guy would do well anywhere, but more likely than not, it's just simple location/SMV arbitrage at play. Good for them for getting theirs, but I can't say if I'll be taking any gaming advice from them.

Also agreed that if you can't get laid in a town like NYC, you have bigger issues to sort out [Image: icon_razz.gif]

I personally think the travel game is a win win. There's nothing like being with a girl who is a generally solid person, who likes you and takes care of you. If you combine that with youth, my "type" (ideal) is markedly diminished in desire or at least, what I'll accept to go out with and have a good time.

The problem is to keep it going, or not be paranoid, or find ways to get around the location issues. And those are true, real challenges I'm sad to say.

Quote: (05-04-2017 09:29 AM)This Is Trouble Wrote:  

Fully agree on your original statement. Location is key to everything. I'm always going to have an easier time with my looks in Poland than I will in say, Colombia - where I look like a local.

He might have been making a reference to this thread:

Tell Me About Bakersfield CA

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Fire away...
I think you see things the way you want to see it in some of the points
here is another way to see things :

1. The hottest women don't speak foreign languages as frequently.
that's only true in rich countries, in less rich countries those who speak foreign languages are usually from the upper class and the hottest girls are also from the upper class.
in the rich countries most of people don't speak a foreign language. so it's only natural to have most of hot girls not speaking a foreign language. if hot girls represent 10% of the population and the number of people who speak a foreign language is also 10% of the population then statistically you should only have 1% of hot girls speaking a foreign language.

2. The hottest women usually date local guys.
same as the previous logic, most of the guys in a country are local so most of the choice girls have are local. if in addition to that there is a language barrier then it only makes sens.

yeah but sadly that's not true.
for example an ugly american guy or girl would have more chances to find some one in a poor country where she/he'll be seen as a way to have the green card.

but your statement works for people traveling from a country to another in the same category.

Quote: (05-04-2017 04:15 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

Quote: (05-04-2017 09:29 AM)This Is Trouble Wrote:  

He might have been making a reference to this thread:

Tell Me About Bakersfield CA

I was being totally sarcastic (I'm from California), should have made that more clear [Image: banana.gif]

Centrally

located

Apartment

Fire away...

The scale is subjective. One guy's 9 is another's 7. All trip reports should be taken with a grain of salt because of that. It's always useful if the person shares a bit of background information and personality traits of the girls he met. At least in my opinion ratings based solely on looks don't have much value. I'm sure there are plenty of English speaking bimbos in Beverly Hills. Would I fly there to meet them ? Hell no.

Like Travesty and others have verified, it is paramount to learn the local language, in order to increase your potential mating pool.

Growing up I learning Espanol in High School was boring as fuck, now it is paying off in dividends.

I was never into Latin girls, but running around the world, I have seen and met some really not girls that are 8's that speak Espanol, its an excellent way to build commonality.

If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of.
– Bruce Lee

One must give value, but one must profit from it too, life is about balance

A guy who's a 5 or a 6 can still get a 7 with game,fashion and vibe in the west. If you're young you really should aim for over a 7 in Eastern Europe. There's really no excuse.

Cost and culture are important reasons for Geo arbitrage as well. Leverage everything for the ultimate benefit.

[quote] (05-04-2017 08:06 PM)e-smile Wrote:  

[quote='Phoenix' pid='1564093' dateline='1493896009']

Fire away...[/quote]
I think you see things the way you want to see it in some of the points
here is another way to see things :

1. The hottest women don't speak foreign languages as frequently.
that's only true in rich countries, in less rich countries those who speak foreign languages are usually from the upper class and the hottest girls are also from the upper class.
in the rich countries most of people don't speak a foreign language. so it's only natural to have most of hot girls not speaking a foreign language. if hot girls represent 10% of the population and the number of people who speak a foreign language is also 10% of the population then statistically you should only have 1% of hot girls speaking a foreign language.

2. The hottest women usually date local guys.
same as the previous logic, most of the guys in a country are local so most of the choice girls have are local. if in addition to that there is a language barrier then it only makes s

With a few exceptions richer countries often have very high levels of english, see Switzerland Norway and sweden. JapaIn many poorer countries, many upper class people speak English because its a sign of intelligence and class.

Hot women also like to travel, which means they will probably all have to learn some english at some point.

Either way, my point before was not that everyone speaks english but that there are always a decent amount young people these days who speak an intermediate level of the language in just about every country ive been too. Thats also likely to grow as time goes on.

^^regarding "1. The hottest women don't speak foreign languages as frequently."
OP is right on spot. Regarding Ukraine, the hotness and english profeciency is normally opposite variables.

Yeah this is complete and utter BS for average and above guys. Even back in high school, it was way easier to get laid as a summer exchange student in Scandinavia than it was in my suburban town in the U.S. Being a foreigner makes you more interesting to women. And although the exotic factor tends to help more in poor countries, it also plays really well in Northern Europe, Japan and N. America (for Australians and Englishmen). For me it's also played well in Southern Europe.

I think a better statement would be that you will need to have a little style and a little game to get laid here, just like you would anywhere.