rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Johannesburg or Cape Town and why?

Planning on going to Johannesburg in July. Just want to hear people's experiences who have been to either city or both. I searched the forum and haven't seen much on Johannesburg, mostly Cape Town. I wouldn't post this unless I searched the whole forum lol. Any advice would be appreciated.

Quote: (05-02-2017 03:39 PM)Jmxd144 Wrote:  

Planning on going to Johannesburg in July. Just want to hear people's experiences who have been to either city or both. I searched the forum and haven't seen much on Johannesburg, mostly Cape Town. I wouldn't post this unless I searched the whole forum lol. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey man, I've been to both Joburg and CapeTown dolo last year. My perspective will be prefaced by stating I am no wordsmith and I can't verbosely give a detailed datasheet for your intended purpose, meaning I'm in no position to speak about the GAME aspect of both cities. I will attempt an overview though. South Africa in itself is so massive the country has an East and West coast per say. In terms of the look and vibe in the States, Joburg resembles NYC and Cape Town reminded me of LA. The people in Joburg seemed to move at a rapid pace as opposed to the Capetonians overall being more laid back. This should give you an indication of the personalities of the women to say the least.

In both cities there is no drought of discovering a fine woman to be admired whether young or old. Most of the women you'll encounter REALLY have curves in the right places without augmentation I must say.
YOU WILL SEE some fine women of all shades in both cities.
If you're young then hostel game with be golden.
If you're older then hotel or apartment game will work of course.
I recommend going to the bars in the hostel regardless because they all have bars and this gives a guy a chance to meet the locals and tourists thus preying on 2 birds with 1 stone. I rarely went to bars outside a hostal but when I did, I couldn't stop turning my head and saying DAMN. The majority of the women I saw in JOZI and Capetown were niiiiice.

I presume you've done some research on both cities so I will not get into the historical, politcal or safety factorial wiki stuff. If you have exposure to a MEGACITY then both places should be fine to roam if you keep your wits about you, etc etc etc. Plenty of fun to be had I must say. I must mention this. NEVER venture into the CBD (Central Business District or City Center) of Joburg dolo or by public transport. It's best to cab it or Uber it to this area. However in Cape Town it is ok to do so alone on foot or public transit. The reason I say this comes from over 1 month of experience combined in both areas, nothing biased.

In the beautifully urban and cosmopolitan city of Joburg, I hung out mostly in the Maboneng precinct. Plenty of eyecandy from the European tourists to the African tourists from various parts of the continent will await you in this precinct. Of course the South Africans will be waiting to say "EYYY" to you. I was fine walking around by my lonesome but I would instantly feel the perils of roaming too far away from home base, and a NO-NO at night time should anyone walk around too far away from home base. Uber is good in Joburg. Same common sense stuff in any city. There is plenty of eyecandy in the Braamfontein district as well. The township of Soweto is definitely worth checking out for historical purposes and you'll see the European and African tourists roaming around getting some memorable photos of the place. Overall, Joburg definitely gave me that New York feel with the pace and the multitude of women from all over the Europe and African continent.

In Cape Town, I used Uber once and mostly walked and rode a bike around the city. Cape Town is a picturesque city, from the humongous view of Table Mountain to the bays and waterfronts not to be missed. The pub and club scene is oriented around Bree Street whether day or night. You'll see plenty of eyecandy in Cape Town and you will instantly notice the shift in vibe and attire with the women as compared to Joburg. I think the scenery and location has something to do with it since Cape Town sits
on the ocean. The dangers exist here also but not to the scale of Joburg
(If you visit then you'll know what I meant by that).

As for infrastructure,
I thought the internet was faster in Cape Town than in Joburg. Meat eaters (pause) will like Joburg better. Vegetarians will definitely like Cape Town. The art, fashion, and culture scene in Joburg is head and shoulders much better in Joburg. Public Transit I would give the nod to Cape Town. Weather is better Cape Town. Foodwise, Joburg was more take-out and dine. Cape Town definitely jad more of that LA Westcoast Whole Foods and healthy style of eating. Plenty of restaurants in both cities.

Overall, I recommend visiting both cities to experience the coastal, culture, women and scenic contrasts. To visit the NYC without visiting LA and vice versa is depriving a tourist of the main USA experience. The same holds true to the beautifully dynamic country of South Africa. No tourist should visit one without the other because Joburg/Jozi is truly unique from Cape Town. I hope I'm not breaking the forum protocol with this post. Excuse the generic description and typos (using a tablet). I am not a wordsmith, lol.

Best Regards.

Wow very good info. Much appreciated!!! Automatic +1. I'll probably hit you with a pm with a couple of more questions if you don't mind. Looking forward to the visit. I need my curvy women especially after coming back from Thailand lol.

Nice to see a South Africa topic coming up because it is such an underrated country. If you decide where to go I think you would need us give more info like the following points:

1. Race
2. Age
3. How much time
4, Purpose of the trip (bang mission or more than that)
5. Budget
6. Day Gamer or more night game

Race plays the biggest role in South Africa with what kind of girls you have the opportunity to hook up with. For example if you are not white (and by white I mean no even Southern Mediterranean looking) forget about hooking up with Afrikaans girls which means Joburg should be avoided.

@superschalk:

1) African American (Dark skin, 5'9", muscular, well dressed, etc)
2) 26
3) 16 days total
4) Have a good time, Meet women, Bang, network, etc lol
5) Unlimited funds
6) Probably in this order: a) nightgame, b) tinder, c) daygame. My daygame is alright but I'm more successful with tinder and nightgame.

Damn I was hoping Joburg wasn't like that. I noticed African women accept Black american men more than anything. I know having lighter skin is probably more acceptable (colonialism) but its never stopped me from pulling women.

Quote: (05-03-2017 05:17 AM)Jmxd144 Wrote:  

@superschalk:

2) 26
3) 16 days total
5) Unlimited funds
6) Probably in this order: a) nightgame, b) tinder, c) daygame. My daygame is alright but I'm more successful with tinder and nightgame.

Damn I was hoping Joburg wasn't like that. I noticed African women accept Black american men more than anything. I know having lighter skin is probably more acceptable (colonialism) but its never stopped me from pulling women.

@Jmxd144
There are always exceptions to the general consensus. You never know what can happen if you exude positive energy and confidence regardless of your outer layer. Joburg is still worth the price of admission. You will get noticed by all shades as soon they discover you're AfAm. The curiosity factor of your visit alone will cause most women to be aroused because you being from the States puts you in front of the queue most definitely. There will be opportunities to knock down that wall, pun intended, if circumstances are presented to your favor, as you know. Just see what happens Man.

Quote: (05-03-2017 05:17 AM)Jmxd144 Wrote:  

@superschalk:

2) 26
3) 16 days total
5) Unlimited funds

Just to clarify by Afrikaans women I am not talking about black girls. I am talking about white girls where there ancestors came from Holland. They speak a language called Afrikaans and are in my opinion the hottest girls on the whole African continent.

Back to the topic. I am sorry to say as a black guy in South Africa you will have a hard time and you might consider better going to EE or Scandinavia.

In Johannesburg you will not have any chance with white girls because they are very conservative up there. You can pull black girls this might work. However even black girls tend towards hooking more with white foreigners than with black foreigners.

Now to Cape Town. White girls are a bit more liberal there but you must be really lucky to pull a liberal enough white girl. And usually the liberal girls are in 6 range and below.
However in Cape Town you also have a huge colored population. To explain the colored race just do a Google search. They usually also tend to prefer white guys but there might be opportunities.
In Cape Town the other niche you could look into are white foreign backpacker girls and girls doing some kind of social work. But again these girls are usually ugly.

So to make things short I would not recommend foreigners to go to South Africa if they not white. There are way more better places for black guys than South Africa.

Anyways if you go and need any help just let me know. I can give you the best locations to stay and where to go. Hope my advice did not offend you but I think it is important to be clear on the race question in South Africa.

@t4da2000

Of course. Im not worried about any of that. I get a flag every country I go to. My looks or game have never been a problem for me. Im excited about the trip. Ill be in about 3 other countries also. Ill be going to gabborone for a couple of days, and other nearby countries.

Quote: (05-03-2017 05:48 AM)t4da2000 Wrote:  

@Jmxd144
There are always exceptions to the general consensus. You never know what can happen if you exude positive energy and confidence regardless of your outer layer. Joburg is still worth the price of admission. You will get noticed by all shades as soon they discover you're AfAm. The curiosity factor of your visit alone will cause most women to be aroused because you being from the States puts you in front of the queue most definitely. There will be opportunities to knock down that wall, pun intended, if circumstances are presented to your favor, as you know. Just see what happens Man.

Racism in regards to interracial relationship is on another level in SA than anywhere else I have been. You cant compare it with countries like Colombia or Brazil where interracial hook ups are not seen as a big problem except within the high society circles.

You will have a decent chance to hook up with black girls thats for sure if that is your main intention and race you are interested in.

Just one word to add to the American foreigner factor. Girls in SA are generally more interested in guys from the UK, Scandinavia, Netherlands, Germany and Australia/NZ but yeah I have also meet US and Canadian guys doing well there.

Quote: (05-03-2017 06:12 AM)superschalk Wrote:  

Quote: (05-03-2017 05:48 AM)t4da2000 Wrote:  

@Jmxd144

Racism in regards to interracial relationship is on another level in SA than anywhere else I have been. You cant compare it with countries like Colombia or Brazil where interracial hook ups are not seen as a big problem except within the high society circles.

You will have a decent chance to hook up with black girls thats for sure if that is your main intention and race you are interested in.

Just one word to add to the American foreigner factor. Girls in SA are generally more interested in guys from the UK, Scandinavia, Netherlands, Germany and Australia/NZ but yeah I have also meet US and Canadian guys doing well there.

@superschalk
From my 1+ month exposure of SA, I know you're dropping factual gems. I just wanted to emphasize that exceptions do occur and not put the focus on the obvious racial tension that would discourage or portray a skewed view of Joburg as a whole in terms of visiting for the women I suppose...

All views of the topic should be disseminated, therefore I appreciate your accurate info especially pertaining to Gaming the womens. This is the info I wasn't able to provide and totally supports the post to begin with. What I can say is I've personally seen a lot of interracial gaming in my time in Joburg, whether the womens were Afrikaans or European tourists/expats, I'll lean towards the latter. I feel it would not be a lost cause for @Jmxd144 to visit Joburg in-spite of the facts you give, do you at least somewhat agree?

@superschalk

No offense taken. I understand colorism and all of that. I have been to EE already. Scandanavia in July wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Im more into black women to be honest, but I definitely see white women I like every so often. I did some pipelining in Johannesburg and I got matches with attractive white and black women from 20-24 (my preferred age group). I think if you're at least somewhat attractive, well dressed, solid game, you'll be fine almost wherever you go. I haven't had a problem with getting a flag in any country I go to.

I understand the women there will be more attracted to white foreigners, but it shouldn't effect me much. I can stand out more than most of them IMO (not being cocky but its the foreigner effect)

So if I choose to go to SA, it sounds like you're recommending CT am I correct?

Ill probably pm you in the near future. Thank you for your advice. It is much appreciated. +1.

To pretty much sum this up, you guys are saying IF I do go to SA, I would probably have a better time in CT?

Just to make a couple things clear, Im not going for the white women or foreigners (even though I know that's probably what might end up happening lol), and Ill probably be going to Swaziland, Lesotho, Mozambique, and Botswana in my 16 days there. Maybe not all but at least 2 of the 4.

Just debating on if I'm going to spend more time in Johannesburg or CT.

Quote: (05-03-2017 06:58 AM)Jmxd144 Wrote:  

To pretty much sum this up, you guys are saying IF I do go to SA, I would probably have a better time in CT?

Just to make a couple things clear, Im not going for the white women or foreigners (even though I know that's probably what might end up happening lol), and Ill probably be going to Swaziland, Lesotho, Mozambique, and Botswana in my 16 days there. Maybe not all but at least 2 of the 4.

Went to Lesotho, since it is an enclave country technically I didn't have to leave SA.
Botswana was easy to get to from Pretoria which is north of Joburg.

+1 in agreement with Cape Town to spend more time in.
I was going to ask you about that timeframe, 16 days for ALL those countries, good luck.

Quote: (05-03-2017 07:06 AM)t4da2000 Wrote:  

Went to Lesotho, since it is an enclave country technically I didn't have to leave SA.

I was going to ask you about that timeframe, 16 days for ALL those countries, good luck.

Exactly lol. Its a lot of countries for 16 days, but Ill do 2-3 days per country. I'll probably only do 2 of the 4 other countries depending on the crime, poverty, etc. Gabborone is a must from what I hear.

Thanks for your opinion. I'll let my friend know about the advice you guys gave me. Looks like ill be spending majority of my time in CT.

Quote: (05-03-2017 07:15 AM)Jmxd144 Wrote:  

Exactly lol. Its a lot of countries for 16 days, but Ill do 2-3 days per country. I'll probably only do 2 of the 4 other countries depending on the crime, poverty, etc. Gabborone is a must from what I hear.

Thanks for your opinion. I'll let my friend know about the advice you guys gave me. Looks like ill be spending majority of my time in CT.

You're welcome and +1 repped just for sparking some unforgettable memories in SA last year Man [Image: banana.gif]

Quote: (05-03-2017 07:31 AM)t4da2000 Wrote:  

Quote: (05-03-2017 07:15 AM)Jmxd144 Wrote:  

You're welcome and +1 repped just for sparking some unforgettable memories in SA last year Man [Image: banana.gif]

Sounds like you had a blast. My balls are still recovering from Thailand lol. 2-a-days almost everyday. Everything is what you make it, and Ill be damned if I dont turn up wherever I go!

t4da's advice is pretty spot on.

Just info on me: Black American (dark skinned), short, muscular, well dressed. Actually similar to OP.

I went to South Africa at the beginning of last year and I enjoyed my trip overall. I went to Cape Town to visit a friend and then did the Garden Route up to Johannesburg.

Cape Town is a beautiful and wealthy city, located right next to the coast. It is definitely picturesque, with table mountain overlooking the city and the rich architecture. For sight seeing, you can climb Table mountain, hit the beaches, take the hop on hop off, check out Port of Cape Town, visit Stellenbosch, Bo-Kaap tour, Kirstenbosch Gardens, winery tours, etc...
You will notice that Cape Town feels a little "segregated", blacks mingle with blacks, whites with other whites, and colored with other colored (unlike the US, mixed people in SA aren't considered black). That's not to say there aren't mixed groups in Cape Town, it just seemed rare. Even though it seems that way, I'd say that people in CPT are friendly, at least they were to me. Most found it interesting to meet an African American in SA, so that definitely leads to a lot of conversation.
As for gaming, I didn't really game much while in Cape Town so I can't speak much about it. I did go out to Bree Street, which is where most things are happening there in the city. It's not bad, definitely has potential but I got bored since it felt like people just kept to their groups. However, I'm an introvert so it's exhausting to constantly try to break into people's circles. Maybe you might enjoy it...

After Cape Town I did the 'Garden Route' up to Johannesburg. The Garden Route is a route that starts in the Western Cape and extends along the coast to the Eastern Cape. Along the way are different places to rest, explore, adventure. Like surfing in Jeffrey's Bay to Bungee Jumping at Bloukrans Bridge. If you have the time I would highly recommend doing this. No matter the racial atmosphere or gaming women, the Garden Route alone is worth the trip to South Africa. I know you only have a couple weeks but maybe it is something to consider if you come back.

Johannesburg has its charms as well. Unlike Cape Town, it felt a little more 'integrated', I really liked that dynamic. The sight seeing there isn't as robust as CPT but you still have the Soweto and Apartheid Museum. There may be more I'm missing but I didn't really do much sight seeing in Joburg as it was just a layover before going to Kruger National Park. I only went out a couple of times in Joburg but I did like it better than CPT, just because the people I met there were a little more down to earth. I actually had White Afrikaans people approach me for conversation, they are definitely quite friendly. Especially since American brothas are a rarity there. I opened up a group of Afrikaans people one afternoon and one of the girls could not get over my American "accent". I exchanged numbers but didn't really pursue so nothing came of it. You will definitely meet a lot of foreigners in Joburg as well, so definitely opportunity to mingle with different kinds of people.

It's hard to say which city to suggest to you since it just depends on what you are looking for. If you had the time, I would say to only spend a few days in CPT, then take the Garden route to Joburg. Spend a day or two in Joburg and then check out a national park. If you don't have the time, maybe Cape Town would be better over Joburg.

As for the gaming factor, that wasn't really a priority for me so I didn't really focus on it. However, in Joburg I did hook up with a girl from Iceland. It was mentioned before that checking out hostels can be a good thing in Joburg since a lot of people, foreign and local, congregate there. I was staying at a hostel in the city and met the Icelandic chick as she was checking in. It was almost bad timing because at the same time I was gaming this pretty colored girl as well. However, I focused my efforts on the Icelandic chick since we booked the Kruger park trip together (yep, shortly after meeting). You will notice a lot of local black guys chillin' at the hostels, which I think is brilliant as they can just pick off the lone European female travelers who are trying to discover themselves.

Okay thanks for clearing things up OP and now that I know what you are looking for I would highly suggest that you go to Cape Town for the whole duration of your trip.

The reason is that logistics for nightlife are far easier than Joburg especially moving around between party districts. In Cape Town you have the one area of bars and clubs around Long Street. These bars usually have a very mixed audience while in Joburg many places have 95% whites and vice versa. Since I am white I cannot comment on the black club and bar scene in Joburg.

Another advantage of Cape Town is that it attracts young student girls from a lot of other sub Saharan African countries. Cape Town has a very big Congolesean community. These girls tend to be pretty hot. You will also run into chicks from Zambia, Ehtiopia, Malawi etc. It might be also good to befriend some black guys. Thanks to this I as a white guy got into lots of crazy parties in the townships. I think for this 16 days is too short but still its doable since people are very friendly and open minded in general.

Quote: (05-03-2017 07:50 AM)Fury Wrote:  

t4da's advice is pretty spot on.

Just info on me: Black American (dark skinned), short, muscular, well dressed. Actually similar to OP.

I went to South Africa at the beginning of last year and I enjoyed my trip overall. I went to Cape Town to visit a friend and then did the Garden Route up to Johannesburg.

Cape Town is a beautiful and wealthy city, located right next to the coast. It is definitely picturesque, with table mountain overlooking the city and the rich architecture. For sight seeing, you can climb Table mountain, hit the beaches, take the hop on hop off, check out Port of Cape Town, visit Stellenbosch, Bo-Kaap tour, Kirstenbosch Gardens, winery tours, etc...
You will notice that Cape Town feels a little "segregated", blacks mingle with blacks, whites with other whites, and colored with other colored (unlike the US, mixed people in SA aren't considered black). That's not to say there aren't mixed groups in Cape Town, it just seemed rare. Even though it seems that way, I'd say that people in CPT are friendly, at least they were to me. Most found it interesting to meet an African American in SA, so that definitely leads to a lot of conversation.
As for gaming, I didn't really game much while in Cape Town so I can't speak much about it. I did go out to Bree Street, which is where most things are happening there in the city. It's not bad, definitely has potential but I got bored since it felt like people just kept to their groups. However, I'm an introvert so it's exhausting to constantly try to break into people's circles. Maybe you might enjoy it...

After Cape Town I did the 'Garden Route' up to Johannesburg. The Garden Route is a route that starts in the Western Cape and extends along the coast to the Eastern Cape. Along the way are different places to rest, explore, adventure. Like surfing in Jeffrey's Bay to Bungee Jumping at Bloukrans Bridge. If you have the time I would highly recommend doing this. No matter the racial atmosphere or gaming women, the Garden Route alone is worth the trip to South Africa. I know you only have a couple weeks but maybe it is something to consider if you come back.

Johannesburg has its charms as well. Unlike Cape Town, it felt a little more 'integrated', I really liked that dynamic. The sight seeing there isn't as robust as CPT but you still have the Soweto and Apartheid Museum. There may be more I'm missing but I didn't really do much sight seeing in Joburg as it was just a layover before going to Kruger National Park. I only went out a couple of times in Joburg but I did like it better than CPT, just because the people I met there were a little more down to earth. I actually had White Afrikaans people approach me for conversation, they are definitely quite friendly. Especially since American brothas are a rarity there. I opened up a group of Afrikaans people one afternoon and one of the girls could not get over my American "accent". I exchanged numbers but didn't really pursue so nothing came of it. You will definitely meet a lot of foreigners in Joburg as well, so definitely opportunity to mingle with different kinds of people.

It's hard to say which city to suggest to you since it just depends on what you are looking for. If you had the time, I would say to only spend a few days in CPT, then take the Garden route to Joburg. Spend a day or two in Joburg and then check out a national park. If you don't have the time, maybe Cape Town would be better over Joburg.

As for the gaming factor, that wasn't really a priority for me so I didn't really focus on it. However, in Joburg I did hook up with a girl from Iceland. It was mentioned before that checking out hostels can be a good thing in Joburg since a lot of people, foreign and local, congregate there. I was staying at a hostel in the city and met the Icelandic chick as she was checking in. It was almost bad timing because at the same time I was gaming this pretty colored girl as well. However, I focused my efforts on the Icelandic chick since we booked the Kruger park trip together (yep, shortly after meeting). You will notice a lot of local black guys chillin' at the hostels, which I think is brilliant as they can just pick off the lone European female travelers who are trying to discover themselves.

Wow that's interesting. It sounds like you had a good experience in both cities. I don't know if I'll have time for the garden route for this trip, but maybe next trip. I like hostels for the fact of networking, but I cant stand being in a room with other people. I usually rent apartments or condos. My friend coming along is into bungee jumping and all of that crazy stuff so I know he'll enjoy his self.

How were the women overall in your opinion?

Quote: (05-03-2017 07:55 AM)superschalk Wrote:  

Okay thanks for clearing things up OP and now that I know what you are looking for I would highly suggest that you go to Cape Town for the whole duration of your trip.

The reason is that logistics for nightlife are far easier than Joburg especially moving around between party districts. In Cape Town you have the one area of bars and clubs around Long Street. These bars usually have a very mixed audience while in Joburg many places have 95% whites and vice versa. Since I am white I cannot comment on the black club and bar scene in Joburg.

Another advantage of Cape Town is that it attracts young student girls from a lot of other sub Saharan African countries. Cape Town has a very big Congolesean community. These girls tend to be pretty hot. You will also run into chicks from Zambia, Ehtiopia, Malawi etc. It might be also good to befriend some black guys. Thanks to this I as a white guy got into lots of crazy parties in the townships. I think for this 16 days is too short but still its doable since people are very friendly and open minded in general.

That sounds correct about Joburg. I read about the different districts and the nightlife being spread around (I was going to rent a house in sandburg lol). Plus im pretty sure the hip hop clubs (black clubs) will be just like damn near anywhere else in the world lol. So im sure im not missing out on much there.

It sounds like long street is where its at. Do you recommend me staying in the city center?

Jmxd,

Like most other places, there were definitely scores of beautiful women in SA, with CPT edging out Joburg. However, I felt the women in Joburg were easier to talk to. Unfortunately, I didn't do much gaming so I don't have much data to compare.

Quote: (05-03-2017 08:32 AM)Fury Wrote:  

Jmxd,

Like most other places, there were definitely scores of beautiful women in SA, with CPT edging out Joburg. However, I felt the women in Joburg were easier to talk to. Unfortunately, I didn't do much gaming so I don't have much data to compare.

Superschalk was telling me that they have plenty of foreigners from all over Africa. That means it must be an abundance of young, curvy, attractive women there. Where do I sign up[Image: banana.gif]

@Fury thanks for elaborating on the topic. I co-sign your sentiments. Your experience in SA is exactly my overall viewpoint. Everyone's perception will vary or be relate-able which is key in disseminating info. I hope more members who been to SA can weigh in so we all gain insight.

@Jmxd144 Most definitely I had some memories in South Africa.
The journey to get there from the States was well worth it.

South Africa is so diverse that there will be 1000 opinions and experiences. For me as a white guy it is a total different country than for a black guy. In theory alone for Cape Town you would need at least three datatsheets like:

Cape Town for a black foreigner

Cape Town for an Indian

Cape Town for a White foreigner

What makes the forum here great is that so many opinions and experiences get collected and shared in one single place.

@ Superschalk Thanks for all the information.

Could you describe how good Johannesburg and Cape town is for white guys, so how easy or hard is it got laid there for us? ( so I mean by this: are ONS common, is same day lay possible within the first date, that are crucial points for me that it's easy and the race from the girl doesn't matter for me, so would it be a good place to rack up the notches like Asia for example)

I'm asking it because there are some good job oppurtunities there for me and i may consider to move there ( i think to visit it first before i decide off course). In Johannesburg I would live in Sandton then and in Cape town, i really don't know.