rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Good party city for memorial day weekend 3-4 days? Help?

I've never spent much time in other US cities as an adult so I'm looking to travel next month. Would like to get laid, party hard, drink, and relax while I'm out of LA.

I'll be leaving on a Wednesday night and flying home on Monday. I'm 26, black and leaving out of Los Angeles. Don't really want to do Vegas though it is a fallback.

Was thinking of San Francisco but I heard it sucks for partying and women and is full of liberal hipsters. New Orleans is an option but pretty pricey compared to others as far as the flights go.

So I'm thinking Austin or Phoenix for a weekend of partying? Are other Texas cities an option for hard partying?

Also open to other suggestions.

Austin or Scottsdale are both good choices.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

San Francisco would be terrible. The weekend before that is Bay to Breakers, so that's when all the hard partying is going on I think.

I'd think Chicago would be pretty awesome. There's a lake/beach, bunch of bars everywhere and day drinking and night time is good too. Not sure how the weather is during that time, but there's other things to do besides partying hard if you need to recover.

I'd think traditional spring break destinations would be good too. Places in Florida and Texas along the beach.

Quote: (04-27-2017 04:56 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

San Francisco would be terrible. The weekend before that is Bay to Breakers, so that's when all the hard partying is going on I think.

I'd think Chicago would be pretty awesome. There's a lake/beach, bunch of bars everywhere and day drinking and night time is good too. Not sure how the weather is during that time, but there's other things to do besides partying hard if you need to recover.

I'd think traditional spring break destinations would be good too. Places in Florida and Texas along the beach.

Chicago is ABSOLUTELY on my radar since it's a place I'm also thinking of moving to. Not sure about the weather either but it should be heating up at least by that time so close to June.

Will check flights for Chicago too. If I was to do Chicago where would I be trying to stay close to for best nightlife pulls?

This is too obvious, but I love San Diego...

Quote: (04-27-2017 05:15 PM)Jack_Smith Wrote:  

This is too obvious, but I love San Diego...

Lol I thought about San Diego... but I wanna get out of California to be honest.

1:30 last call is weak shit. If I was going to stay in California I'd just rent an airbnb or hotel here in LA/Hollywood and buy a bunch of alcohol and coke.

Quote: (04-27-2017 05:06 PM)Darkwing Buck Wrote:  

If I was to do Chicago where would I be trying to stay close to for best nightlife pulls?

I am far from an expert on the areas, but I would say River North. Its by a bunch of bars and is the more upscale part of town. Not the best drinking part of town or easiest to pull (other areas are very easy to pull), but there was a few great spots on Hubbard. You drink there or uber to Old Town, Lincoln Park or Wrigleyville (there is a "boys town" street there but a lot of college bars too). The plus is that girls will be more impressed if you are staying in a cool hotel.

If your budget maybe stay at a hotel with a Rooftop bar as you can use that as bait and go back down. Places like the Wit hotel or something like that.

I stayed at the James hotel, which was good but a little farther from actual bars. It was across the street from Eataly which was pretty awesome though.

I'm from Houston and here now. I was in Austin this past Sunday. I don't know what Austin will be like specifically over that holiday, but this last Sunday when I was there it was meh. There was more going on in terms of bars than I'm used to on a Sunday afternoon in Houston, but I personally wouldn't fly out from LA if I expected it to be like that (again I don't know if the Sunday you'll be there will be different).

I've heard Austin is great as far as a long weekend would go on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, but I can't say so from experience. Also one thing to keep in mind is that Austin is a relatively small sized city, and a large percentage of the partying population in general are students. I haven't checked on UT's school schedule, but I would imagine that it'd already be summer break or at least finals by then, which will limit your fun.

Also based on what I saw in and near the downtown area, most of the girls are 20's and early 30's white girls. If that is your preference then it'd be great for you. If you are looking for MILFs or minorities (aside from Latinas), you probably won't find too many.

Two positives I would guess about Austin during that week is:

1. I've heard, but not experienced, that many people in East Texas (Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, and surrounding areas) travel to Austin on breaks and party and get absolutely crazy on boats in the nearby lake.

2. If you haven't been to Austin as an adult or especially if you haven't been to Texas and are entertaining the possibility of moving, this trip could be a good way to get a feel for what this state has to offer you. Austin is slightly expensive as far as Texas cities go, but with the schools, festivals like SXSW, and tech boom you could do well for yourself as far as girls go by living there.

I can also give you advice about Houston and the surrounding areas if you're considering coming here. Let me know if I can be of use, I'll check this thread.

Thanks everyone. I'll keep you guys posted. Been checking flights and thinking about things and I actually have no fucking clue what I want to do yet haha. Money is a bit tight for me but I'm getting a nice commission check in a week. I'm almost 26 years old and literally never do anything other than work, exercise, and study. I've been to Vegas once and Tijuana once and that's it as far as my adult traveling. Kinda sad but I'm used to living in poverty haha.

I could do a california vacation as well in which case San Diego and Santa Barbara are options. I've never done San Diego other than a business trip where I stayed in a hotel the entire time so maybe whichever poster recommended that I'll reconsider haha. I'm a bit wired today so I think I may be a little ahead of myself.

I was really hoping to do this trip on the cheap this is the first plane ticket I've ever bought in my life. Only other times I've flown were as a kid and with the military. Went on the airline sites and I'm like yikes! Might have to rethink this! I mean I'd be down to spend $500-$700 for a nice fun vacation weekend but when I include hotels/airbnb and food and drinks and entertainment I'm sure if I do Chicago or even Texas I'll end up spending over $1000 just for a weekend trip. Like I said never traveled much so I'm not sure what the norm is.

I have about $3000-4000 in expenses I need to pay off over the next couple months but with my tax refund and my commission check I should have about $8000. I should be fine but I also don't want to break the bank just cuz I got a couple big checks without paying off a lot of my expenses. I do plan on paying my car off this year so I don't wanna get too exuberant. In that case an AirBnB in San Diego for the weekend might be a good idea. Stay there from Thursday til Monday and then drive home I'm thinking.

Also as far as places I looked into moving to Houston and Chicago are high on my list though Houston gets dinged hard for being a city with huge sprawl as I'd LOVE to live in a dense urban walkable city. Though I love black women and I think Houston has the biggest black middle class next to Atlanta and apparently Chicago is quite segregated. One of the most beautiful creatures I've ever seen was a Jamaican-American black chick from Houston so that helps. I've heard Midtown and Montrose areas in Houston are nice.

But I'll let you guys know what I decide to do.

Just leaving Nashville for the 3rd time and that would be my choice. Austin is a close #2, then New Orleans.

I'm actually trying to figure out where I want to go for Memorial Day weekend as well. I'm located in Atlanta and can't do Vegas since my girlfriend is going there.

Last year I went to Vegas for Memorial Day weekend and that was one of the funniest weekends of my life. Trying to repeat that in a new city.

Quote: (04-27-2017 07:46 PM)NewDayNewFace Wrote:  

I'm actually trying to figure out where I want to go for Memorial Day weekend as well. I'm located in Atlanta and can't do Vegas since my girlfriend is going there.

Last year I went to Vegas for Memorial Day weekend and that was one of the funniest weekends of my life. Trying to repeat that in a new city.

Yeah I went to Vegas 3 years ago for Memorial Day weekend and it was a blast so I kinda wanna do something different this time. Vegas is overpriced IMO unless you go with friends after hotel costs IMO. I'm highly leaning towards San Diego now after laughing at the previous poster for suggesting it lol.

I'm thinking of staying in the Gaslamp district if I do San Diego. Also like I said Vegas is still a fall back if anything I just feel like the cover charges and taxi rides and stuff in Vegas will increase my trip cost by hundreds of dollars. Mainly the covers cuz I would go out Friday and Saturday and Sunday night plus a couple pool parties probably.

I think San Diego might be a bit more relaxing though I've heard ratios suck in San Diego and it's hard to pull there.... In a 4 day stay I'm hoping I can fuck something in the Gaslamp District or Pacific Beach area. That's another thing is I'd have to choose Pacific Beach or Gaslamp to set up shop. Not sure which one is best for night game as well as beach game/day game. I have an excellent physique so definitely would like to use it on the beach and pull some young sluts.

Ok I actually ended up going with San Diego. Why?

Cost really. I live in Long Beach so it's like a 90 minute drive. Anywhere else would have cost well over $1500 after including my airplane tickets, lodgings, food, drinks, and entertainment. If I went anywhere else I pretty much wouldn't be able to afford good logistics without breaking the bank. In that case I choose logistics every single time.

San Francisco, Vegas, and Arizona were all very good flights but I didn't want to do San Fran and I've done Vegas already and Arizona was an option but just decided to do San Diego for easiness of planning plus I wanna hit the beach while I'm on vacation. I plan on riding around on my long board and smoking some ganja and laying on the beach at least 1 or 2 afternoons. I booked an AirBnB in the heart of the Gaslamp District it's a studio loft but it was pretty much the same price as a small hotel room except I can cook on the stove, have more privacy, nice couch and TV set up in addition to the bed, and it seems like it'd be much more relaxing not having to deal with hotel staff and room service.

When I take my trip I'll do a data sheet. Gonna have to revamp my Tinder (haven't used it in years) and do some pipelining a week out from the trip though I'll mainly be relying on direct nightgame with a bit of daygame. Though the daygame approaches will mainly be to set stuff up for nightgame. I'm hoping at least one night to have a girl or two pregame with me before hitting the Gaslamp.

Also I might invite one of my friends to join me for at least one or two night of the trip. We'll see.

Wish me luck boy-o's

I figured Drazen would say Vegas, but I'm wrong so I'll say it.

So....why not Vegas OP?

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (04-27-2017 09:39 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

So....why not Vegas OP?

Did you not read my post...? Thought I mentioned I've done Vegas before and wanted to try something different. Vegas is a blast I fucked 2 girls on a 3 day trip and made out with like 3 or 4 other ones last time I went. Then to ice it off the night I came home I banged my female friend making it a hat trick for the weekend. And this when I had far weaker game and way less confidence so that shit had me on cloud 9! No one's denying that Vegas rocks but I made it clear I wanted to go to a city I haven't been to before.

Not to mention I wasn't prepared to pay for hotel and cover charges in Vegas. Would have easily hit 1000 for the hotel alone for memorial day weekend if I wanted to be anywhere good on or close to the strip and I'm prepared to make this a solo trip so that's just a no go.

After re-evaluating my finances and how much these trips actually cost I had to temper my expectations of going to an all out 4 night party fest in a different city. Plus I feel like I go too hard in Vegas and want time to chill and skateboard and hit the beach and do nothing. Vegas is just non-stop.

I'm actually down to go if you want. I'm a 26 yr old black guy and never been to SD. Was thinking about going there for a couple days. If interested just pm me.

I would go to this if I were going to be in the US for Memorial Day. It's in Detroit. http://movement.us

Quote: (04-27-2017 09:39 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

So....why not Vegas OP?

I have not been to Vegas for almost 2 years. It has gotten worse over time and have been exploring smaller cities and more unique experiences versus hearing Tiesto at a Club for the 20th time. Memorial Day Weekend is one of the worst times to go too. Sure, there are a ton of girls but there's a ton of everyone there. Its a total shit-show.

Quote: (04-27-2017 09:34 PM)Darkwing Buck Wrote:  

Cost really. I live in Long Beach so it's like a 90 minute drive. Anywhere else would have cost well over $1500 after including my airplane tickets, lodgings, food, drinks, and entertainment. If I went anywhere else I pretty much wouldn't be able to afford good logistics without breaking the bank. In that case I choose logistics every single time.

San Francisco, Vegas, and Arizona were all very good flights but I didn't want to do San Fran and I've done Vegas already and Arizona was an option but just decided to do San Diego for easiness of planning plus I wanna hit the beach while I'm on vacation. I plan on riding around on my long board and smoking some ganja and laying on the beach at least 1 or 2 afternoons. I booked an AirBnB in the heart of the Gaslamp District it's a studio loft but it was pretty much the same price as a small hotel room except I can cook on the stove, have more privacy, nice couch and TV set up in addition to the bed, and it seems like it'd be much more relaxing not having to deal with hotel staff and room service.

When I take my trip I'll do a data sheet. Gonna have to revamp my Tinder (haven't used it in years) and do some pipelining a week out from the trip though I'll mainly be relying on direct nightgame with a bit of daygame. Though the daygame approaches will mainly be to set stuff up for nightgame. I'm hoping at least one night to have a girl or two pregame with me before hitting the Gaslamp.

Also I might invite one of my friends to join me for at least one or two night of the trip. We'll see.

Wish me luck boy-o's

Smart move to keep it local if money is an issue. You can have some interesting experiences, you can even hit up Tijuana or Rosarito if the mood strikes you.

Bear in mind that there is often a marine layer (aka June Gloom) in the early summer in Southern California (colder and foggier/cloudy) at the beach. I haven't been in a while, but I remember the gaslamp pretty boring during the daytime.

I like Pacific Beach, its a great place to hang during the day (night time it gets pretty ghetto). Find some good taco shops, smoke some hookahs at a hookah bar (or smoke a J) and kick back a few beers during the day.

Quote: (04-28-2017 02:27 AM)Drazen Wrote:  

Quote: (04-27-2017 09:34 PM)Darkwing Buck Wrote:  

Wish me luck boy-o's

Smart move to keep it local if money is an issue. You can have some interesting experiences, you can even hit up Tijuana or Rosarito if the mood strikes you.

Bear in mind that there is often a marine layer (aka June Gloom) in the early summer in Southern California (colder and foggier/cloudy) at the beach. I haven't been in a while, but I remember the gaslamp pretty boring during the daytime.

I like Pacific Beach, its a great place to hang during the day (night time it gets pretty ghetto). Find some good taco shops, smoke some hookahs at a hookah bar (or smoke a J) and kick back a few beers during the day.

Yeah I'm definitely gonna be hitting up Pacific Beach for day game on Saturday and Sunday since apparently Gas lamp is so-so during the day. Then if possible I'll use numbers from day game to have some shit lined up for the night time. Like I said I'll be relying heavily on direct approach (none of my bangs in the last 3 years have been from online).

I'm also a military veteran and heavily tatted and pretty buff so I should fit in fine in San Diego. I'm gonna see if I can lose 5-10 lbs in the next month so I can have a solid six pack and v taper. Bitches should be biting if I play my cards right. I did my fair share of beach game in Hermosa Beach growing up so this shouldn't be anything too crazy.

@NewDayFace you talking about going to SD? Since I have a loft I'm more inclined to roll solo. It'd be different if there was a bedroom and a living room lol I'd prefer full control and privacy. But I'll let you know in the next week or so.

Anyone know the best rooftop spots in San Diego? Preferably in Gaslamp?

If you do can you give me the scoop?

Quote: (04-28-2017 06:40 PM)Darkwing Buck Wrote:  

Omni Hotel is good. Use HotelTonight to find a lower cost place to stay. I would book now.

I would rather go to Miami. Cheaper, better weather, better food, better beach scene, hotter women.

You should find the pool parties in the day. http://www.hardrockhotelsd.com/float-rooftop-bar.php
Night time, probably hit up Omnia or Parq. Maybe start the night early at the Pendry hotel which is new and has a few bars.
Since you are rolling solo, see if you can buy pre-sale tickets for parties/clubs. It may make things easier for you to get in.

I haven't been to San Diego in a while but you can tell via social media where the women are going to be.

Quote: (04-28-2017 06:45 PM)Vaun Wrote:  

Quote: (04-28-2017 06:40 PM)Darkwing Buck Wrote:  

Omni Hotel is good. Use HotelTonight to find a lower cost place to stay. I would book now.

I would rather go to Miami. Cheaper, better weather, better food, better beach scene, hotter women.

Miami is cheaper than San Diego? Word? Also it's definitely not cheaper after I factor in the difference between a 90 minute drive from my apartment and a plane across the entire country both ways which ALONE is gonna cost me $600-$700 bucks even if I book it now. Then add in a hotel/airbnb for 4 days in a good location close to the action and that's anywhere from another $500 to $1000 dollars. Now add in the cover charges, drinks, and food of when I go out. That's a $2000 weekend easily.

I'm assuming you didn't read the thread as I clearly laid out my exact reasons for choosing San Diego and even described my living arrangements..... Come on man.

Quote: (04-28-2017 06:45 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

You should find the pool parties in the day. http://www.hardrockhotelsd.com/float-rooftop-bar.php
Night time, probably hit up Omnia or Parq. Maybe start the night early at the Pendry hotel which is new and has a few bars.
Since you are rolling solo, see if you can buy pre-sale tickets for parties/clubs. It may make things easier for you to get in.

I haven't been to San Diego in a while but you can tell via social media where the women are going to be.

Hmmm okay. Will investigate this more.

I feel like Batman with all this planning hah. To think I'll have 4 days to work the city and I seem to have great logistics. This should be interesting.

Destin , Florida is good during Memorial Day weekend.