rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Social Media presence?

Social Media presence?

I deleted my facebook about five years ago to focus on myself. Through the girls I've dated, they mention or complain I can't be found online. I've pondered going back to facebook/instagram/twitter for pickup and to keep contact. What are your thoughts on this?

Social Media presence?

Quote: (04-23-2017 05:21 PM)fhurlow Wrote:  

I deleted my facebook about five years ago to focus on myself. Through the girls I've dated, they mention or complain I can't be found online. I've pondered going back to facebook/instagram/twitter for pickup and to keep contact. What are your thoughts on this?

What's the upside if you listen to these girls' complaints and go back on social media? Are they supposed to become more willing to put out, or what? Or, I wonder, is this another of these situations in which girls are attracted to a guy, and then try to turn him into the kind of guy that they're not attracted to. Or maybe it's a way by which they mark you as their property.

Social Media presence?

I've found that being popular on social media can have a solid ROI and makes for easier game. If a girl sees I get a hundred likes on a photo, they'll go for it too. They're lemmings

Here's a thread I made with tips
thread-44497.html

Social Media presence?

Ultimately unless you are making money from being a public person like a youtuber or instagram person putting yourself out there can't help you.

Social Media presence?

You won't get anything more from girls if you do as they say. Do what's right for you.

There is no reason to use Facebook unless you are making money with it: promtoting a product, running a company's fan page, setting ads for customers, etc. If you are using it only to promote your life, you won't get anything out of it except "likes" from people who then scroll down and forget what happened.

I am Facebook-free since 8 months. When Facebook started, it was just a normal social network - now it has become the biggest CIA surveillance tool that tracks hundreds of millions of citizens in their daily lives. It can be used to profile you. And who never clicked on "2012" to find out how stupid they were at the time? All this stuff is a digital tattoo that will never go away. The best thing is to use private encrypted chat apps (Line, Whatsapp, Signal, etc.) and talk to people who really want to.

When it comes to finding girls, daygame is good, and if you want to go online, you can use a dating site, but social media is not useful in any way and even takes away some valuable time that you could use to be productive.

Social Media presence?

I believe that SNS can be used to demonstrate your high value ONLY IF you know how to do so and have many friends who also like to be on SNS.
FB and IG still have large audience, so definitely they can be used pragmatically.

With that being said, maintaining popularity on SNS would take a long time, right? You not only have to write posts with some consistency which make you look cool, but also you'll need to respond to some of your friends. If you're not sociable offline , have few friends or an expat (like me) who doesn't know many locals, rewards wouldn't be great.

Roosh once wrote a post called "Facebook the game killer" or something. You may find it interesting if you haven't read it yet.

Once I thought about if there was any pragmatic way to use FB for pickup, but I'd rather improve my approach skills and work out at the gym than spending too much time on FB.

In short, do it very hard so that you'll appear a rock star. Apparently there are some SNS gurus who possibly know how to crack the code of SNS. Otherwise completely keep away.

Social Media presence?

Quote: (04-23-2017 05:21 PM)fhurlow Wrote:  

I deleted my facebook about five years ago to focus on myself.

You're not missing much. I admit IG has done me good but it's more of a cherry on top rather than a driver. Focus on getting all the real life parts in line before you even consider trying to make it back to these venues for game. Social Media can only amplify what's already there, it can't create something you're not.

Social Media presence?

Facebook is weird for me at this point because it's frozen a slice of my life in time. When Facebook came out, I was active in politics, going back to college, etc. All my friends from high school up to that time are there. I mostly share interesting news stories and make mildly offensive jokes about daily life. It's how I learn that some old acquaintance's kid died of dysentery or whatever the hell happens to people nowadays.

Now I have a politically-neutral career and adult relationships that don't really cross over into that space. The threshold for adding somebody new to it and giving them access to that version of myself would be pretty high, way higher than it was at that time. My Instagram is private, why would I share my vacation pics with everyone?

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!