rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If you HAD to live in the US, which city would you choose?

Let's say for some reason you couldn't live abroad BUT you are able to live anywhere in the USA.

Which city would you choose and why?

If money wasn't an issue, then New York.

A lot of events and things to do, best public transportation in USA, lots of different foods, ethnically diverse cast of women, women are open and used to hooking up and dating culture.

Depends. Single or married ? How old ?

I live in the United States now and to answer this question two cities come to mind immediately as a 23 year old single guy:

New York City and Denver.

I'd choose New York City if money is not an issue because in my opinion, it's one of the last truly cultural cities left in the United States besides maybe New Orleans (some might make an argument for San Francisco and Vegas). Very diverse city with every type of women you can imagine, plus the only city in America that I believe has world class public transportation. Food is great as well and it truly is the city that never sleeps. It'll be hard to get bored here.

Now I've been to NYC plenty of times but not Denver. The reason Denver would be high on my list is because I believe Colorado is one of the best states in America for men like us to live in. Prices aren't too ridiculous yet like California and New York, marijuana is legal, I've heard the girls aren't too bad compared to the looks of Midwest and attitudes of the coast, and I love the neutral political stance in that state. Not too many democrats but also not dominated with Republicans like Texas and other southern states. Plus, third party voting is actually a real thing there. Not to mention for the snowboarders and skiiers here, this is a top state in America to do it. Being surrounded by beautiful nature is an added bonus.

If living conditions were better I would add New Orleans to the list too. If the attitude of the people were better from what I hear, Miami would probably be the perfect nature/party spot to be in.

As far back as I could remember, I always wanted to be a player.

2018 New Orleans Datasheet
New Jersey State Datasheet

San Juan Puerto Rico. US territory, no passport needed. Just likd flying to chicago or miami, get off the plane and enjoy. Drink at 18, amazing beaches, foreign vibe, gorgeous women. The island is also broke as hell so your dollar will go further if you make your own money online or elsewhere. Tons to do, constant flow of cruise ships to game as well.

NYC, no contest.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

If money is no option NYC for sure. It's a tier above any other city in the US.

But if you are single and don't have to work in US, it's much better to live outside the US.

Quote: (04-18-2017 03:36 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

NYC, no contest.

There's lots of love for NYC in this thread. I live in NYC and I'll just throw up some words of caution. NYC has changed a lot. It's always changing, true. This time it feels like money is really becoming an untenable and insufferable issue. There's not many people left in Manhattan below 110th Street besides bankers and corporate drones. No one else can afford to live there, unless you're a fat Dominican woman living in public housing.

Good things about NYC:
- job opportunities. That's why I moved down here and a large part of why I stay
- diversity. I like the Spanish-speaking influence. There are a lot of Dominicans here, and more and more Mexicans. Both are different cultures and don't always get along but they're pretty happy/friendly as a rule and bring a lot of life to the city. This is why I prefer the Bronx to Manhattan, Queens, and many parts of Brooklyn - it feels more alive and old school
- etc.

Some things to be mindful of/caution:
- expensive. It's really hard to a) live in Manhattan, or b) stack cash/save $$ unless you're working in the corporate world or have your own successful business. You can survive here by working in your own more low-key field/niche and not serving the corporate interests, but you won't have much money left at the end of the day to invest, save, etc. You feel constantly like you're just spinning your wheels
- social justice warrior mindset is really disgusting here and people just accept it. Maybe I need to start hanging out with different people but it seems widespread and entrenched.
- I find NYC pretty boring. As the years accumulate, I find myself wanting to create and contribute more, and consume less. I'm a minimalist, and NYC can be a tricky place to be like that. Going out is an orgy of spending money and girls especially want to be entertained. As a straight male, it's hard to find non-SJW guys to hang out with unless I go into the city (Manhattan), but as a minimalist Manhattan isn't really my thing.

Just my two cents, take it for what it is. Does not apply to everyone.

Quote: (04-18-2017 03:08 AM)yankeetravels Wrote:  

If the attitude of the people were better from what I hear, Miami would probably be the perfect nature/party spot to be in.

I'm not getting some of the posts here. What's wrong with the attitude of the people in Miami? The attitude of the people in Mexico is god awful. The attitude of the prople in Southern California can be bad at times, but it can also be excellent a lot of times. I see zero problem with the people in Miami, especially on the beach side and I've spent tons of time there.

Quote: (04-18-2017 05:43 AM)Merenguero Wrote:  

If the attitude of the people were better from what I hear, Miami would probably be the perfect nature/party spot to be in.

I'm not getting some of the posts here. What's wrong with the attitude of the people in Miami? The attitude of the people in Mexico is god awful. The attitude of the prople in Southern California can be bad at times, but it can also be excellent a lot of times. I see zero problem with the people in Miami, especially on the beach side and I've spent tons of time there.

I disagree. Miami is the worst for narcissistic scamming douchebags.

Quote: (04-18-2017 09:35 AM)SuperMaleVitality Wrote:  

Quote: (04-18-2017 05:43 AM)Merenguero Wrote:  

I disagree. Miami is the worst for narcissistic scamming douchebags.

Birds of a feather perhaps?

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

I've lived (some places 2 months) Los Angeles, New York, Miami, North Carolina, Dallas, Chicago, Boston but if I have to choose where to live, I'd pick Manhattan for sure.

If I told you, I would have to kill you. I like a small town with awesome mountains and decent climate, and I would like to keep it that way....small.

You New York guys are forgetting the freezing ass cold most of the year.

But I admit the summers I spent in Brooklyn were pure magic, lost my virginity there...

@LINUX - good question:

To keep it simple, let's say best city for you in your current situation.

Personally I'd probably pick some sleepy, conservative city in the Pacific Northwest.

Oregon, Washington State maybe.

Quiet, no SJW bullshit, great wine, amazing nature.

Would be a short trip down to Central / South America or California if you're pining for warmer climes.

At various points I've lived in:

- Philly
- NYC (brooklyn)
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Temecula
- San Francisco
- Nicolasville, Kentucky (briefly)

...and have visited San Diego for a week.

I honestly couldn't see myself living in any of these places long term.

The least bad option is probably San Francisco.

Even though it's insanely expensive, filled with freaky weirdos, SJW central, and overrun by homeless drug addicts...it's got some kind of otherworldly charm.

The dramatic hills, the iconic houses, crazy fucks everywhere, people hustling their asses off, Mexican food in the Mission, jiu jitsu.

If you earn multiple 6 figures per annum and a good social circle you can really have a blast in SF.

Quote: (04-18-2017 11:29 AM)VincentVinturi Wrote:  

Personally I'd probably pick some sleepy, conservative city in the Pacific Northwest.

Oregon, Washington State maybe.

Quiet, no SJW bullshit, great wine, amazing nature.

It rains from October to June though in the Pacific Northwest. People are depressed and don't know it because everyone pretty much has Seasonal Affective Disorder.

If you like good wine, and amazing nature, I know a pretty cool little city in California that no one ever talks about, and I know a native New Yorker who settled there looking for similar things that you are.

Sonoma, CA.

It is a little less overrun by tourists than its more famous neighbor, Napa, and yet the culture of the city revolves in some ways around wine and good restaurants. All you see are rows of vineyards anywhere you drive around town.

[Image: sonoma.jpg]

My friend, the native NYer, said part of the reason he chose it was because of where it is located, you will always have to travel over rural roads to get there, and without a big freeway in its future, it will not end up overdeveloped.

Because it centers around the wine industry, you know there will be people from all over the world, and big city folks from nearby on the weekends, constantly streaming through town, looking for something or someone to catch their eye.

If you like gaming younger women, there are several college campuses nearby. If you need excitement, you are only an hour away from San Francisco, without having to live there day in and day out.

You are near the coast and the Russian river and the hiking and biking of Marin to the south if you like natural beauty. Not to mention, the climate is literally Mediterranean, so you avoid the fog and cold weather of the Bay Area.

There is so much local fresh fruits and vegetables and whatever you want, along with excellent restaurants in or near town.

[Image: 2-26-12_The_Girl_and_the_Fig.jpg]

People from the Bay Area look down on Sonoma when they think of it at all, so you will be spared a lot of the SF douchebags and their bikes in their fake racing gear clogging up the streets and yelling at cars.

Good place to raise a family if you want later. Main drawback is that it might be a bit slow if you are used to the city. And also the locals are kind of feeling pushed out by the rich people with weekend homes.

If you tried this in the Pacific Northwest, you would end up in Portland or Seattle if you wanted to go to a big city, and no one wants that. Plus, again, weather. Sunset, riding around on a bike, past all the vineyards, on your way to buy fresh produce at the community gardens is pretty magical.

[Image: late-harvest.jpg]

I like the downtown, which has some historic (for California) buildings and an actual wooded plaza instead of a mall:

[Image: sonoma-plaza.jpg]

It is slower paced, but close enough to a big city, and no snow or much rain. Not perfect, but for California, not bad.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

I'd say NYC. Lots to do, I'd rather be entertained than bored, and NYC is pretty much the most happening city in the world. Probably the only city I would move back to the USA for full time.

Temporarily- Austin or Nashville. Fun cities, good music scene, great people, fun nightlife and decent weather.

Las Vegas for the 24/7 nature

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

I am from NYC but I wouldn't move back there without some SERIOUS paper. My family has a house in Queens and I wouldn't mind living there with married with a family but as a single man (with my tastes) forget about it. I do 10x better with European women and they are in short supply there.. thus I am still in Germany.

Resident Germany Expert. See my Datasheet:
thread-59335.html

Mini Datasheets: Antwerp / Rotterdam / Lille

NYC, as I havent bothered to learn to drive yet.

Quote: (04-18-2017 01:10 PM)kirdiesel Wrote:  

I am from NYC but I wouldn't move back there without some SERIOUS paper. My family has a house in Queens and I wouldn't mind living there with married with a family but as a single man (with my tastes) forget about it. I do 10x better with European women and they are in short supply there.. thus I am still in Germany.

I'm curious, what kind/types of women is NYC good for?

I'm surprised no one is saying Las Vegas. New girls coming in every week, literally can go out and party every night of the week. Not to mention its one of the cheaper bigger cities in the US.

Lots of love for gun free zones. Fuck all of those places. If it isn't Texas or Louisiana, I don't want it. I also heavily disagree with whoever said New Orleans. That's nuts. NOLA is too fucking violent. It's the Chicago of the South. You go there to party, eat, pick up pralines, and GTFO. Nobody with any good sense actually lives there. Everyone lives in the nice suburbs outside or the area where the rich and famous live because the cops guard it tight.

If I ever get FU money, I'm building a ranch where I can sit outside with a rifle or shotgun and shoot whatever the fuck I want to shoot and fish in my lake anytime I fucking feel like it.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Quote: (04-18-2017 01:48 PM)frenchcorporation Wrote:  

NYC, as I havent bothered to learn to drive yet.

Quote: (04-18-2017 01:10 PM)kirdiesel Wrote:  

I'm curious, what kind/types of women is NYC good for?

I honestly don't know bro as I have only had extremely high success with women as a club promoter.

In NYC I always struggled (as a regular person) unless I fucked with Euro girls.

In those days I never approached Latina or Black women. (im black)

Resident Germany Expert. See my Datasheet:
thread-59335.html

Mini Datasheets: Antwerp / Rotterdam / Lille

In an ideal world, I'd like to live in San Diego. I find good weather to be in important to happiness and I like the idea of living next to beautiful nature.

New York is great if your intentions are to bang a lot of girls and have fun, but that'll get old after a while and you can find girls everywhere. There's actually a lot of them.

I'm personally not a fan of NYC.... it smells like pee

I'm more into nature and outdoorsy shit to

I'm leaning more towards some small town somewhere that I can build a cabin in the middle of the woods and never be bothered. Some small town with small town charms and homegrown country girls with christian morals to a certain extent.

WFF (would farm for)
[Image: vo8fi.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Serious question. Which city has a stronger piss smell? NYC or San Francisco?

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.