rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Does Game and Sales basically boil down to this concept?

Learning how to handle objections while holding frame?

Seems like a common trend. I tagged along with the best sales rep at my company the other day, and it seemed like he was extremely adept at handling objections while holding frame.

Sample conversation between rep:

Customer: "I'm not sure that this is in my price range"

Rep: "I hope you don't think that this service is going to get cheaper as time goes by, because it's not. Look, if you want our service, the best time is to do it now. Don't you think?"

Lo-and-behold it worked.
Seems like a lot of overlap between game as well.
Sales and game is simply navigating objections given a particular context. What do you guys think?

I think for the most part game ISN'T that. I've generally been less pushy(more chill) than that. Maybe it's to my detriment though.

Gaining compliance and setting the frame make up game, handling objections is a big part of that.

The number 1 skill you should sharpen in life is the ability to persuade people. It works in sales, leadership, and game. Even good subordinates learn how to persuade their bosses. Frame control, redirection, persistence, aggression, overcoming objections, charm (persuasion), etc., these are all useful tools, with one exception:

Attraction.

You cannot negotiate attraction. You can increase your value to the customer/girl, but if she really isn't attracted to you (for whatever legit/bogus reason), then you must make yourself more attractive (self improvement) or move along (resilience). Easier said than done for all of us.

Somewhat.

I work in an inbound call center in what's now a dedicated sales que. Maintain frame in sales is when you rebuttal reasons for a why customer doesn't want a specific service/product. In fact, we are supposed to "pitch" and rebuttal based on value, not price. Game has a similar concept in that regards.

However, your success depends on how good your products are. You can fluff it off with all the confidence in the world, but if the available internet speed to a customer is 7mb and our competitor can offer 100, there's not much I can do.

Game involves an all around improvement - looks, confidence, speech, mannerisms, productivity, and even instinct. Sales has limits there.

They're both very closely related, as others pointed out. They're both also somewhat of a numbers and practice game.

Numbers: The best salesmen can't realistically wait until they find that one perfect prospect to make their big sale of the month. They need to improve the odds a bit. They also know even the best leads are never certain so they keep at it, pursuing several possible buyers that they've come to identify through their experience and other methods.

Practice: Their experience comes from this. If a salesman decided to only act on the one best prospect of the month and otherwise limited their interactions, he would likely see his skills atrophy and not be as sharp when it counted. Game is the same way and must be practiced. If you're a total introvert and you expect to game only the hottest girls once or twice a year, you're going to be rusty as hell when you go to make the pitch. But if you're a bit more extroverted and make a habit of striking up comfortable conversations with people everywhere - not just girls you're trying to bang - it'll be that much easier to extend this skill into a close. Handling rejections more effectively comes with practice.

Quote: (04-11-2017 11:22 PM)Boldoff Wrote:  

Learning how to handle objections while holding frame?

Seems like a common trend. I tagged along with the best sales rep at my company the other day, and it seemed like he was extremely adept at handling objections while holding frame.

Sample conversation between rep:

Customer: "I'm not sure that this is in my price range"

Rep: "I hope you don't think that this service is going to get cheaper as time goes by, because it's not. Look, if you want our service, the best time is to do it now. Don't you think?"

Lo-and-behold it worked.
Seems like a lot of overlap between game as well.
Sales and game is simply navigating objections given a particular context. What do you guys think?

This is a great question. The short answer is - Fuck. No. The more useful answer follows.

Thoughts on Sales Skills vs Game.

1) Is Objection Handling a Sales Skill that is Useful in Gaming Women?

Conventional Objection Handling largely entails memorizing and regurgitating logical rebuttals to prospects' common objections. Because it is logically (vs. emotionally) focused, it will dry that pussy up. Logic has no place in gaming women.

2) Would Advanced Sales Skills, aka Solutions Selling, be Useful in Gaming Women?

Solution Sales necessitates developing a detailed understanding of the customer's situation, needs, pain, and preferences, and using that info to customize a solution WITH the prospect in which they are, ideally, also invested. On the surface, this might seem to be useful. At root, however, Solution Sales is concerned with pain (understanding the customer's pain-based motivation to buy) and logic (the particulars of the propsect's situation and potential solution thereto). Pain, like logic, makes that pussy dry right up and consequently has no place in gaming women.

3) Does anything from Sales map to Pussy Game?

Bonding, rapport, comfort building, basic conversation ability, personality, and confidence are personality traits common to all successful sales people and to successful players. That's why top sales guys often have decent game. Personality, conversation, and confidence alone will can get you pretty far. And it must be said that most sales people are also good looking.

5) So what's missing from Sales to make it Game?

Attraction. Attraction is accomplished by making that bitch feel something. Flirting, push/pull, teasing, kino, eye contact, etc. are the tools of attraction. No place for those in that CTO pitch meeting.

Quote: (04-15-2017 12:00 PM)SlickyBoy Wrote:  

They're both very closely related, as others pointed out. They're both also somewhat of a numbers and practice game.

Numbers: The best salesmen can't realistically wait until they find that one perfect prospect to make their big sale of the month. They need to improve the odds a bit. They also know even the best leads are never certain so they keep at it, pursuing several possible buyers that they've come to identify through their experience and other methods.

Practice: Their experience comes from this. If a salesman decided to only act on the one best prospect of the month and otherwise limited their interactions, he would likely see his skills atrophy and not be as sharp when it counted. Game is the same way and must be practiced. If you're a total introvert and you expect to game only the hottest girls once or twice a year, you're going to be rusty as hell when you go to make the pitch. But if you're a bit more extroverted and make a habit of striking up comfortable conversations with people everywhere - not just girls you're trying to bang - it'll be that much easier to extend this skill into a close. Handling rejections more effectively comes with practice.

^^ SPOT ON. and two I missed...

The most important part: Sales is also like game in that it's ALL ABOUT the numbers. If 10/100 say yes, you are in good shape. Rejection is expected and if possible overcome. Rejection however never get's you down and refusing to pitch on the next call.

That concept has to be applied to women. If 1/100 says yes, and you don't fear rejection, you are doing better than most of the men afraid to approach. I phrase it this same way when I tell newer agents how to pitch and not worry about feeling awkward because the customer said, "no."

Rebuttals take time to do right, just like maintaining frame and passing shit tests do.