rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Upcoming Colombia Trip

Upcoming Colombia Trip

Hey guys, on 5th April 2017 I am going on a trip to Colombia for nearly 6 weeks (for a holiday). The first 4 weeks in Colombia I will be with a girl I met in Peru (I know, I know I am bringing sand to the beach). I will have around 10 days solo in Colombia after the girl leaves. Its not a game trip its a sightseeing trip and a chance to spend time with my girl from Peru (I do not want to go back to Peru). I will land in Bogota and fly back to Australia from Bogota. My Spanish is very basic.

I have read a little bit of the Colombia related threads and just wanted some advice from forum members what are the best places to see and best activities to do, best restaurants to eat at, etc. I am into hiking and most of the adventure sports and am willing to fork out big bucks for good food. Also recommendations on which suburb in each city to stay in are also welcomed. I like good beaches. I do not drink alcohol, do drugs or smoke and I am not a fan of night game. I am in my late 20s. Most of the Colombia threads are focused on girls and crazy stories. As I said before which cities have the best girls are irrelevant. Given my specific circumstances what would be a good (rough) itinarary to have?

Upcoming Colombia Trip

Quote: (03-27-2017 06:12 PM)Australia Sucks Wrote:  

I do not drink alcohol, do drugs or smoke
Well I'm not gonna be any help.

Someone else?

Upcoming Colombia Trip

I'm just kidding bro. If you likie likie the outdoorsy stuff, then hit up San Gil. Salento is great for hiking and beautiful green mountains. I can't tell you about the beaches because hot weather can fuck off.

And you say you like good food... You're gonna be hardpressed to find that in Colombia. Eat the soups; they're pretty decent.

EDIT: Someone is about to give you a shitstorm about starting another Colombia thread. Send me a PM if you have specific questions.

Upcoming Colombia Trip

Spend some time in Santa Marta and the surrounding area.

Also hit the coffee zone.

Internal flights are very cheap right now. It's often better to take the short flight than a punishing bus ride crossing the Andes.

Be in tune with what your girl wants to do also. If there is any particular place she wants to visit during the trip, include it. You will be leading in everything - but if she is along for four weeks, make sure she is heard and gets to shape the trip in some way.

Upcoming Colombia Trip

Quote: (03-27-2017 07:08 PM)BrewDog Wrote:  

Someone else?

I'm having my doubts if this guy is really Australian after reading this.

Like Brewdog said, they food kind of sucks in Colombia. Even if you go to some place that is highly regarded it just seems mediocre.

Upcoming Colombia Trip

Quote: (03-27-2017 08:42 PM)Sidney Crosby Wrote:  

Quote: (03-27-2017 07:08 PM)BrewDog Wrote:  

Someone else?

I'm having my doubts if this guy is really Australian after reading this.

Haha! That was my first thought, too! I was like well just go ahead and throw in that "I don't get drunk and start random fist fights."

Upcoming Colombia Trip

It may not be relevant but I should add that my girl has friends in Colombia (I think in Medellin but I have to double check). Also she said she is open minded to the possibility of having a threesome with a Colombian girl (but she has not committed to it).

By the way guys keep the good info coming. If anyone has any recommendations for some amazing off the beaten track beaches, waterfalls, other natural attractions, etc I would love to hear about it.

Upcoming Colombia Trip

Quote: (03-27-2017 09:32 PM)Australia Sucks Wrote:  

By the way guys keep the good info coming. If anyone has any recommendations for some amazing off the beaten track beaches, waterfalls, other natural attractions, etc I would love to hear about it.
When I was in Ecuador about to cross over into Colombia, everyone kept telling me to see the coffee country if I did nothing else. And I fucked around in Medellin for a long time and then on a side note went to Salento. And I was like, "Fuckin-A! Why wasn't I here the whole time!"

Then I went back there this last year and got sidetracked by some Bogota chick, but it's my favorite place. You gotta see the coffee region.

[Image: _MG_0081.JPG]

Upcoming Colombia Trip

I do not drink coffee but the Coffee region does look nice for sightseeing so I will add it to my list.

Upcoming Colombia Trip

Quote: (03-27-2017 09:54 PM)Australia Sucks Wrote:  

I do not drink coffee but the Coffee region does look nice for sightseeing so I will add it to my list.

I don't drink coffee either. If it was called the Beer Region then my ass would have been there a lot sooner.

Upcoming Colombia Trip

I do not drink alcohol, do drugs or smoke and I am not a fan of night game.

Quote:Quote:

Also she said she is open minded to the possibility of having a threesome with a Colombian girl

How do you plan on pulling off the threesome then...

I know you're not a fan of night game, what about bordellos?

Upcoming Colombia Trip

This is literally off the beaten track - DIY cocaine making classes...

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/cocai...lombia-303

Maybe not for OP but Brewdog - you interested? Probably a high chance of kidnapping but would be a cool story!

Seriously though I've done a bit of research and I'd check these places out for more natural/typical sights:

Caño Cristales - just do a google image search
Las Lajas Sanctuary - Impressive church, not sure if there's much else in the area though
Tierradentro - Archaeological Park with statues and huge underground tombs
Sapzurro - deserted white san beaches close to Panama

Upcoming Colombia Trip

Quote: (03-28-2017 02:28 AM)SanMiguel Wrote:  

This is literally off the beaten track - DIY cocaine making classes...

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/cocai...lombia-303

Maybe not for OP but Brewdog - you interested? Probably a high chance of kidnapping but would be a cool story!
I haven't actually done this trip, but I've heard tons about it. I thought it was complete horseshit at first, but then people showed me photos and had cool stories.

The cocaine tour is REAL. It fucking happens!

When I was in Ecuador, other hostel travelers were telling me that when you go to Colombia people will give you free cocaine. And I was like why in the fuck would anyone give you cocaine?

For one, it's just $3 a gram. Two, they're like, "We have to go to the airport today and we have all this coke. Do you want it?"

People will GIVE YOU COCAINE in Colombia. Fucking insane. Not gonna say that I did it or anything. Of course I wouldn't. I don't use cocaine, I just like the smell of it.

Upcoming Colombia Trip

The Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá was pretty cool when i went. I'm not religious but i still found it pretty cool to check out and walk around down there. I'm guessing you already know of Mount Monserrate?

You blokes with your Australian stereotypes [Image: tongue.gif] Having said that i have been surprised when i've had a few people say to me, 'an Australian with manners who would've guessed it' or 'finally a non aggressive friendly Australian' when traveling! Kinda disturbing, we must have some real flogs traveling around representing us.

Food does kinda suck, they do have some pretty good different types of fruits, maybe a Bandeja Paisa or Mondongos, i don't mind both either.

Upcoming Colombia Trip

Waiting for the upcoming "5 reasons Colombia sucks even more than Australia" thread ...

Item #1, "'Free' cocaine isn't really 'free'".

Upcoming Colombia Trip

I am really physched for this trip. Thanks for the info everyone. Keep it coming.

Upcoming Colombia Trip

Bahia Solano (and El Valle) flights are cheap from Medellin city airport.

Upcoming Colombia Trip

I'll kick back and wait for your "Colombia sucks, girls didn't fall on my dick and everything wasn't dirt cheap" thread similar to your thread on Peru. Seriously, if you didn't like Peru because it was dangeous, expensive, and it was hard banging girls as a foreigner Colombia will be no different.

Upcoming Colombia Trip

Impossible to see it all but in 6 weeks you can knock out a lot of cool outdoor adventure/outdoor activities. I agree with Valle de Cocora and Solentro. I will list some cool activities by region and throw out a few rec's on my favorite hotels and restaurants.

Coffee Region:

Hot springs Thermales de Santo Cable (45-60 mins outside Perrira)

Hike Nevado del Ruiz Volcano (Parque Nacional Natural los Nevados)

Pacific Coast (Cali, Buena Ventura)

2-3 hour drive from Cali (hire a driver): Day trip to San Ciprano

Hire a guide to trek you way back into the jungle and swim in a natural pool of water at the base of a jungle Waterfall, Tubing, ride the "bruijitas" into the jungle....(120CC motos on train tracks)....eat and drink with the locals of San Ciprano will cook you up a sea food lunch for cheap...good times.
http://seecolombia.travel/blog/2015/03/r...-cipriano/

Caribbean Coast

Tayrona has already been mentioned....but if you wanna hit a cool chill eco-lodge near the park and money is no concern, than this place I highly recommend:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/co/maloka-b...ype=total&

If you like hiking hire a guide and do the lost city hike (Trek de Ciudad Perdida) Cost you about $400 and can do it in 3-4 days....45 mins from Santa Marta in the Sierra Nevadas.....I liked it way better than Machu Pichu...more authentic and the Kogi tribe is on the trail with you...it's a tough hike so be prepared....

After that hike I would recommend chilling on the beach in Palomino. Highly recommend this ecohotel:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/co/playa-la...p=1;ccpi=1

If you want a real adventure keep going up the coast to the northenmost point of La Guajira. It's a desert on the ocean basically....hire a driver in a 4x4 SUV and cruise the sand dunes and chill in hammocks on the beach.

Amazonas

Fly into Leticia. I would recommend hiring a tour 4 day max. (Look em up online) You will cruise the amazon in long wooden boats...great scenery,.....I preferred the Brazilian side over the Peruvian side but you need a visa.....Some great hikes into the jungle, kayak the river and see the amazon river pink dolphins, zip line the canopy, camp in the jungle, fish for Parihnas....cool trip.

Restraunts in Bogota

I agree that typical Colombian Cuisine is bland and nothing like it's neighbors of Peru. However if your up for spending a little more money there is an amazing up and coming restaurant scene in Bogtoa. It's one of my favorite things about the city....so many cool restaurants of varied cuisines. It will cost you a little bit, but nothing like in the States....below are a just a few I would look into if you have time in the city.

My Favorite Steak Restraunts: Original Harrys Sasson on Cra 9. and La Brasserie en Zona T.

Hit La Macareana restraunt zone near centro recommend La Taperia, Agave Azul, & El Patio

Quinto Quimacho is another solid area with loads of Restraunts,
Get to La Grande & Bruto

Enjoy your trip!

Upcoming Colombia Trip

I have some really solid info on where to visit now. Thanks guys. Anyone care to share which places are overhyped and better to skipmiss?

I don't know how I will manage to go back to looking at land whales in Australia ones I have adjusted to seeing countless feminine and sexy Colombian girls. How do you other guys deal with the issue? Haha.

Upcoming Colombia Trip

Apparently there's so many tourists going to Colombia these days that it can take a long time to get to Tayrona, like a few hours which would suck ballz. I abruptly ended my last trip there but was planning on doing a motorcycle tour out of Santa Marta with Adrenaline Addicts to la Guajira area, I will have to wait to do it next time.

Upcoming Colombia Trip

Quote: (03-28-2017 05:31 AM)benji Wrote:  

You blokes with your Australian stereotypes [Image: tongue.gif] Having said that i have been surprised when i've had a few people say to me, 'an Australian with manners who would've guessed it' or 'finally a non aggressive friendly Australian' when traveling! Kinda disturbing, we must have some real flogs traveling around representing us.
You guys are fun, man. But I have to say the stereotypes are hilarious (and a bit true). It's funny when I'm looking for a hotel on TripAdvisor and the reviews are like, "It was a cool place except for a group of Aussies that were at the bar." I see that shit in the reviews all the time about Ozzies completely fucking up everyone's enjoyable stay at a hotel.

But if it helps any, an Australian girl told me I was the quietest American she'd ever met. I said, "WTF? We've been hanging out for 4 days and my drunk ass hasn't stopped talking once." She said "No, I mean you're quiet as in not LOUD." I told her it was ironic that an Ozzie would claim Americans are loud and she thought it was funny. [Image: smile.gif]

Upcoming Colombia Trip

Quote: (03-28-2017 09:26 AM)Australia Sucks Wrote:  

I have some really solid info on where to visit now. Thanks guys. Anyone care to share which places are overhyped and better to skipmiss?

In the coffee zone, you can safely give Nevado del Ruiz a miss.

It's the highest peak in the country. You can take a tour bus almost to the top and walk the last 10 minutes. But it's largely devoid of snow and IMO not very scenic.

If done as a day trip, the 2000 meter change in altitude can be brutal.

Upcoming Colombia Trip

I just finished my first day in Bogota.

The city itself is so, so. Mediocre public transport not too many nice buildings and in general a little bit run down. I would not call it a shit hole though.

Food: apart from eggs for breakfast at my hostel I
Only ate one other meal here. The meal I had was average but I won't judge the city's food based on one meal. I did eat
Some good street side fruit though.

Girls: Damn girls here are hot!! And as an added bonus girls here have very low bitch shields and are generally open and curious towards foreigners. Girls here are way hotter and much nicer than Peruvian girls. I got a bunch of instadates and number closes on my first day while just going about exploring the city and not actively gaming.

I even had a guaranteed bang lined up with a Colombian girl on my first day (street game within an hour of meeting we were doing heavy making out and were walking to her hotel). I actually bailed on the bang last minute when we were walking towards her hotel because the girl was only a 5 (I know in Bogota with so many hot girls it's a crime to even open a 5) and she was really weird. Also, the main reason was because I had sudden guilt attack because my Peruvian girlfriend is coming to Colombia in 2 days and I've never cheated on a girl in my life.

She's a great girl and after being treated like crap by women in Australia my whole life and complaining about them it's seems douchey to turn around and be a dickhead to a sweet and loyal girl who does not deserve it.

Also while young women in Bogota are really sexy, a lot of the young guys (18-25) look weak and scrawny and dress and act like hipster faggots or like weak wannabe thugs. So many hot women walking around with loser, weak faggoty guys who are probably also broke. Young Colombian dudes in Bogota are no match for guys on this forum, especially given that the girls here seem to like foreigners (they are not going to jump on your dick but are open and curious towards foreigners).

That being said guys who looked 30+ in Bogota seemed to act and look normal. The physical weakness and faggoty look seemed to be confined to much younger guys.

In summary the city is nothing special but I would still consider staying here just for the women. Women here are fucking awesome and foreign dudes on this forum with an ounce of game could crush it here!!

Upcoming Colombia Trip

Following your thread with interest mate, keep it up.
How did you find the flight btw? Seems pretty epic coming from Oz!
Let me know how you go with the language barrier, and what they might know about Australia (if anything) haha