rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

For y'all you fucking hard gainers.

For anyone who is trying to put down more calories but finds eating another meal unfeasible, try this.

4 scoops of Waxy Maize Starch
2 scoops whey
16 ounces of milk

Eat 2 tbsp almond butter

1200 calories easy.

Shake it all up and down it.

Waxy maize starch leaves the stomach quickly and doesn't leave you feeling bloated. I've been struggling to hit 260 and this is my secret weapon to keep the scale moving. I work a 12 hour a day job so sitting down for a steak and potatoes isn't always in the cards.

Try it.

Thanks brother.

I've been creeping up nicely on the gainz but nice to have a hand grenade in the arsenal for those busy days.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

What i have found be simpler to get in my protein on busy days is egg whites.
You can drink them. Some of them have no taste at all. Another brand i tried was extremely salty.
After messing around with different types i combined egg whites with my protein/mass gainer powder.
So much better than using milk or water. Plus egg whites are dairy and gluten free.
The only hurdle some might have is the consistency of it.

Egg whites are good but they basically have no calories. Might as well throw another scoop of protein in there.

The waxy maize starch is 100 calories a scoop, doesn't cause a huge insulin spike, and leaves the stomach quick so you don't get full. It tastes a little chalky, but whatever. It's far better than dextrose or maltodextrin.

Try getting in 400 calories with liquid egg whites. You might as well drink the whole carton.

For a taller and larger athlete that needs hella carbs to keep glycogen stores full and muscles VOLUMIZED for peak performance, another quick 100g of carbohydrate is the shit.

Steelex,

What modifications can I make to this shake if I can't get my hand on some waxy maize. Any suggestions?

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (03-26-2017 08:55 PM)Steelex Wrote:  

The waxy maize starch ... leaves the stomach quick so you don't get full.

Interesting. Gastric emptying speed is my biggest problem. I'll check this one out.

Fortis,

Grape nuts cereal in coconut milk with a whey shake on the side. Grape nuts have like 200 calories per half cup. Super dense calorically.

The other carbohydrate powders kinda suck as meal replacement carbs. For post workout they are ok. True nutrition sells Wms for 5 bucks a pound.

Eat a cup of motherfuckin red river cereal. 600 calories, and you'll shit like a shotgun, but I credit it for getting me to my heaviest and strongest.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

I'm gonna have to check that out.

Quote: (03-29-2017 10:10 AM)TheFinalEpic Wrote:  

Eat a cup of motherfuckin red river cereal. 600 calories, and you'll shit like a shotgun, but I credit it for getting me to my heaviest and strongest.

What makes this different from normal porridge? I would definitely pick some of this up, but it seems only to be available in Canada...

Quote: (04-01-2017 09:34 PM)churros Wrote:  

What makes this different from normal porridge? I would definitely pick some of this up, but it seems only to be available in Canada...

It's twice as calorically dense as regular oatmeal and easier to get down in my opinion.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Quote: (04-02-2017 02:10 PM)TheFinalEpic Wrote:  

Quote: (04-01-2017 09:34 PM)churros Wrote:  

It's twice as calorically dense as regular oatmeal and easier to get down in my opinion.

Huh. Will give it a try!

I've had a lot of success over the years with a similar formula, but the only difference is I add olive oil to my shakes. You get some heart healthy fat, as well as about 130 calories per tablespoon for next to nothing. I usually put two tablespoons in my morning shake, and it blends right in to the point where I don't notice any difference.

I prefer the Dave Tate method:

https://www.t-nation.com/training/37-tip...-dave-tate

Quote:Quote:

"You mean I never told you the secret to gaining weight? Come outside and I'll fill you in."

Now remember, we're at Westside Barbell. And this guy wants to go outside to talk so no one else can hear. Think about that for a minute. What the hell is he going to tell me? This must be some serious shit if we have to go outside, I thought.

So we get outside and he starts talking.

"For breakfast you need to eat four of those breakfast sandwiches from McDonalds. I don't care which ones you get, but make sure to get four. Order four hash browns, too. Now grab two packs of mayonnaise and put them on the hash browns and then slip them into the sandwiches. Squish that shit down and eat. That's your breakfast."

At this point I'm thinking this guy is nuts. But he's completely serious.

"For lunch you're gonna eat Chinese food. Now I don't want you eating that crappy stuff. You wanna get the stuff with MSG. None of that non-MSG bullshit. I don't care what you eat but you have to sit down and eat for at least 45 minutes straight. You can't let go of the fork. Eat until your eyes swell up and become slits and you start to look like the woman behind the counter."

"For dinner you're gonna order an extra-large pizza with everything on it. Literally everything. If you don't like sardines, don't put 'em on, but anything else that you like you have to load it on there. After you pay the delivery guy, I want you to take the pie to your coffee table, open that fucker up, and grab a bottle of oil. It can be olive oil, canola oil, whatever. Anything but motor oil. And I want you to pour that shit over the pie until half of the bottle is gone. Just soak the shit out of it."

"Now before you lay into it, I want you to sit on your couch and just stare at that fucker. I want you to understand that that pizza right there is keeping you from your goals."

This guy is in a zen-like state when he's talking about this.

"Now you're on the clock," he continues. "After 20 minutes your brain is going to tell you you're full. Don't listen to that shit. You have to try and eat as much of the pizza as you can before that 20-minute mark. Double up pieces if you have to. I'm telling you now, you're going to get three or four pieces in and you're gonna want to quit. You fucking can't quit. You have to sit on that couch until every piece is done.

And if you can't finish it, don't you ever come back to me and tell me you can't gain weight. 'Cause I'm gonna tell you that you don't give a fuck about getting bigger and you don't care how much you lift!"

Quote: (04-03-2017 09:00 PM)Investment Bro Wrote:  

I've had a lot of success over the years with a similar formula, but the only difference is I add olive oil to my shakes. You get some heart healthy fat, as well as about 130 calories per tablespoon for next to nothing. I usually put two tablespoons in my morning shake, and it blends right in to the point where I don't notice any difference.

Good idea actually -- I always add way too much coconut oil than necessary to my shakes and it makes me feel like shit. I just halved it and added olive oil to boot, much better. Good blend of monosaturated and saturated fat.

Welcome to RVF, Investment Bro
[Image: myZdPMl.jpg]

Quote: (03-25-2017 07:50 PM)Steelex Wrote:  

For anyone who is trying to put down more calories but finds eating another meal unfeasible, try this.

4 scoops of Waxy Maize Starch
2 scoops whey
16 ounces of milk

Eat 2 tbsp almond butter

1200 calories easy.

Shake it all up and down it.

Waxy maize starch leaves the stomach quickly and doesn't leave you feeling bloated. I've been struggling to hit 260 and this is my secret weapon to keep the scale moving. I work a 12 hour a day job so sitting down for a steak and potatoes isn't always in the cards.

Try it.

I did this exact shake today but with Kefir in place of milk and olive oil in place of almond butter.

Easily one of the best things I've ever taken preworkout. I was tired when I got home from work. I forced this down and waited an hour, took a nap and went to the gym and my energy levels were insane.

Definitely worth trying if you're like me andbusy some days and don't have time to get in a quality pre-lifting meal.

[Image: highfive.gif]

I do 16 Oz whole milk, whey protein powder, about ~1-1/2 Tbsp peanut butter, and one large banana. Blend it up and drink. Somewhere around 800-1000 calories, tastes great, and very macro balanced.

Quote: (07-27-2017 10:54 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

I do 16 Oz whole milk, whey protein powder, about ~1-1/2 Tbsp peanut butter, and one large banana. Blend it up and drink. Somewhere around 800-1000 calories, tastes great, and very macro balanced.

I do this too, except I add more fruit. I'll keep a bag of blueberries in the freezer just for this.
Drink one of these 2X a day and you should see results.