rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Entire Town of Tiller, Oregon Up For Sale For $3.8 Million

Entire Town of Tiller, Oregon Up For Sale For .8 Million

Anybody got 4 million sitting around?

Quote:Quote:

Tiller, Oregon -- An entire town in Oregon is for sale for just $3.5 million.

The community's old school is available for another $350,000, for a total of $3.85 million, according to Reuters. The town, Tiller, is in southern Oregon and over three hours from Portland.

It is mostly uninhabited, according to Reuters. The community first went up for sale in 2015, but that deal did not include the old school building.

The current listing includes six houses and an apartment, industrial and commercial lots and a building that once housed a gas station and a general store, Reuters said.

About 250 people live in the surrounding area. In Tiller itself, only the family that now owns the town and two others remain.

The others include a former teacher who lives next to the school and the pastor of the local church. Neither of their parcels is up for sale, according to Reuters.

The family that currently owns the community bought the land up lot by lot as other families left, Reuters said. The town declined as timber harvesting in the region slowed and the town's mill closed.

The town could appeal to developers since part of the community has already been approved for a 13-acre subdivision, according to Reuters.

Residents in the area say they would welcome some new development, according to NBC 5 in Oregon.

"I would like to see some of these buildings used as rentals possibly," said Kevin Kehoe, a local resident and fire chief at the local station, according to NBC 5. "Kayaking, fishing, hunting, hiking, there is just a lot of great recreational opportunities in the area."

At the same, residents are hopeful the community will maintain its peaceful character.

"I would like to see a little bit go on for the town, but at the same time to stay peaceful, quiet and small," said Savannah Garren, the only employee at the local post office, according to NBC 5.

Here is a short video about the town:

How often do situations like these happen? I don't think I've ever heard of a whole town going for sale, but it can't be that uncommon. Would be pretty boss to own a little town.

I also read that some Chinese investors were interested in purchasing the land. Maybe Suits can move in if they buy the land, teach English to the new landowners. He's gotta be sick of all those ugly Chinese girls he bangs [Image: angel.gif]

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Solid RVF tribe opportunity. Maybe Scotian can use his oil money to set up shop.

I'm interested in the idea of buying a country town, but only if it comes with a sexy, down-on-her-luck cowgirl or two.

[Image: cowgirl-1200260_960_720.jpg]

Can I be the sheriff?

Maybe we can get a helicopter via government surplus and rename it Karl Marx OR.
I mean , it is near the ocean?

Chinese investors will buy it.

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.

Quote: (03-22-2017 11:36 PM)2Wycked Wrote:  

I also read that some Chinese investors were interested in purchasing the land. Maybe Suits can move in if they buy the land, teach English to the new landowners. He's gotta be sick of all those ugly Chinese girls he bangs [Image: angel.gif]

[Image: 35k9atk.gif~c200]

[Image: hnycQAm.jpg]

Ya, I'm so tired of Chinese pussy.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (03-23-2017 12:03 AM)ms224 Wrote:  

Can I be the sheriff?

Maybe we can get a helicopter via government surplus and rename it Karl Marx OR.
I mean , it is near the ocean?
I don't think it's near the ocean. I think Oregon is in Indiana or some shit.

And you can be the sheriff as long as I can be the town drunk. We'll be seeing lots of one another.

It's unincorporated and looks more like a wide spot in the road than a town. Some articles suggest that a buyer has been found already, but it seems to me that the price is money pissed away. The town died for a reason. That's a lot of money for a bunch of old buildings in the middle of nowhere with questionable infrastructure.

The 256-acre unincorporated community includes six houses, commercial lots and a building that used to be a gas station and store, Reuters reports.

256 Acres = 1.03599524352 Square Kilometers

^ Is this accurate, for those of us who use the metric system?

I can imagine some Eritreans and Syrians are fantasising about this property.

Found a pic. I wonder if it's over-flattering. A river/stream runs through/past it lol

[Image: attachment.jpg36147]   

Quote: (03-22-2017 11:52 PM)wi30 Wrote:  

Solid RVF tribe opportunity. Maybe Scotian can use his oil money to set up shop.

A town is tricky in terms of laws. Better to buy up private land elsewhere and build it completely private. The US Feds have a nasty habit of interfering a lot into independent owners.

I am afraid that the land of the free is not so free as other places around the world. Even a private Island on the Cayman's will give you more freedom while still being under US protection.

Everything that you need to know about Oregon:

[Image: attachment.jpg36150]   

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

At the same, residents are hopeful the community will maintain its peaceful character.

"I would like to see a little bit go on for the town, but at the same time to stay peaceful, quiet and small," said Savannah Garren, the only employee at the local post office, according to NBC 5.

This sounds like they don't want any "tolerant" city folk moving out their way. I'm surprised that isn't a hate crime in Oregon. They need to celebrate the violence of leftist diversity.

"Boy ya'll want power, God I hope you never get it." -Senator Graham

Quote: (03-23-2017 04:47 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

A town is tricky in terms of laws. Better to buy up private land elsewhere and build it completely private. The US Feds have a nasty habit of interfering a lot into independent owners.

I am afraid that the land of the free is not so free as other places around the world. Even a private Island on the Cayman's will give you more freedom while still being under US protection.

Almost impossible to get water rights in Oregon. Forget ponds for drinking water or hydro electric system to power the town.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (03-23-2017 08:01 AM)Number one bummer Wrote:  

This sounds like they don't want any "tolerant" city folk moving out their way. I'm surprised that isn't a hate crime in Oregon. They need to celebrate the violence of leftist diversity.

Ha, there's no diversity in Oregon outside of Portland. I've seen more bears than non-whites hiking in the gorge or on the coast.

Quote: (03-23-2017 03:21 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

Quote: (03-23-2017 04:47 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Almost impossible to get water rights in Oregon. Forget ponds for drinking water or hydro electric system to power the town.

NO way in hell can you start an independent community in the US - you cannot generate electricity independently, in some areas you cannot even grow food, cannot collect rainwater. The US is much further along in the Agenda21 green hell than most of the world.

I would rather start an independent system at a Fiji island.

Exactamundo.

Although, there is a possibility that 2Wycked started this thread to get people speculating on how they would set up their own fiefdom, and not the working out of legal details.

Would you like to own your own town?

If you did, what would you do with it and how would you run it?

These questions might be more fun and more interesting to contemplate than the practicalities of local and federal laws.

For example, being on a river is pretty cool. Imagine you could divert some of it to get hydro-electric to run the town, and you could filter it to drink. Bingo, you have your own power and water.

If you have survivalist leanings, this is pretty cool. Now, would you grow and raise your own food? How would you get people to come to your town to work? How could you give them some skin in the game? Let them work towards part ownership in the town? Would you set up some sort of democracy, or would you have the final word on everything?

Looks like there is lots of timber to build houses or harvest too.

Lots of potential here.

Here are some more maps of this town to get imaginations going:

[Image: Plat%20Map_4.jpg]

[Image: Cover%20Image%20II_0.jpg?itok=F1GfYqa9]

Listing is here:

http://www.landleader.com/land-for-sale/...egon-97484

Lots of great pictures there. Here are a few:

[Image: IMG_6321_0.JPG?itok=-JdkkcI5]

[Image: 011_12.jpg?itok=7FVL2iXX]

[Image: 20150830_125746.jpg?itok=8i7mZpNK]

Carl Jung

It's beautiful country but I'm not sure what you would do with it economically. It probably used to be a logging town.

I have family in southern Oregon and the two main industries are illicit drugs and healthcare.

Quote: (03-23-2017 04:30 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

[Image: 011_12.jpg?itok=7FVL2iXX]

Step one for me would be to establish a store that sells Busch Beer. It appears that has been handled.

This is a interesting proposition. Can you change the name? Something like Uncle Kona's Town O' Fun, for example?

It says it is in a national forest. Would that limit mining or logging activities?

Edit: It looks like there's a black cat in the bottom of that picture. Bad juju.

Aloha!

Hey Kona,

How is it going with populating your land with productive RVF members?

Is this thread making you jealous?

Maybe you could turn your land into a town and name it anything you want, and your town and the town in Oregon could be sister cities.

I live in Oregon, and my town spent a whole bunch of money to think up a town motto, and came up with a terrible one, so I know that isn't easy either.

I thought up a motto for the town for free, but no one was interested. This is the motto. Feel free to use it:

May Contain Nuts

My favorite town motto of all time is the motto for Oxnard, California.

This is theirs:

Oxnard. More Than Just A Pretty Name

Come to think of it, coming up with mottos and sister cities are two of the advantages of owning your own town.

Carl Jung

Wheres my checkbook

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

A big movie studio could do a great deal with the town for set purposes.

Start off with a Fargo / country town type drama.
Mess it up a bit for a zombie / horror project.
Then clean it up a touch for a Twilight / last man on earth type film.

It would be a worthwhile buying it just to leave it empty and sit by yourself in a rocking chair at the service station decked out in tattered overalls and gumboots .

Then, when tourists arrive and ask where everyone is you pause a moment, give them a thousand yard stare and tell them "they's at the weekly meetin', in d' caves 'yon the dead woods. My turn t' man 'd pumps. No meat fer ol' Skeeter dis week."

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

I've always had a thing about owning a whole town.
There's an abandoned village not far from here that one dude owns (apparently a real strange old recluse hoarder) It's just a strip of old buildings, trucks, and machinery. I'd love to be like that guy when I'm old.

I reckon the best use for Tiller, Oregon (depending on power/water etc) would be as an RVF resort. Just like the tribal meetups, no women allowed.
Members would buy shares. Newbies and members needing a break from city life would be volunteer caretakers. Guests (RVF and ROK posters) could go do manly stuff like hunting and sitting around a campfire. Lectures and guest speakers in the hall, Busch beers and banter at Uncle Kona's House O' Fun... I'd go visit, possibly buy shares.

Quote: (01-19-2016 11:26 PM)ordinaryleastsquared Wrote:  
I stand by my analysis.

Didn't Roosh have a post about his own island that sluts could visit? This town is pretty much an island and there's plenty of slits in Eugene

I'm just sayin..

This reminded me of the bankrupcy of Celebrity Kim Basinger

Buying the small town of Braselton, Georgia for $20 million, with the dream of turning it into a tourist attraction that featured movie studios and a film festival, was a massive failure for Kim Basinger. She became interested in the town while stuck in a traffic jam. She saw a sign that read: "Braselton: If You Lived Here, You'd Be Home by Now" and evidently there was no turning back. We've seen similar signs outside condos near packed freeways in Oakland, Calif., but have never thought of buying the entire city. After buying Braselton, Basinger told reporters, "Finally, here are some people who will know who's the boss."

Northeast Georgia is a long way from Hollywood, however, and Basinger's big plans never quite came together. In 1993, five years after she and her partners bought the town, she sold it for $1 million and later declared bankruptcy.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste