rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Apps while traveling

Apps while traveling

Looking for some apps which useful when traveling so far I would consider the following essential, any one have any other recommendations?

Whatsapp
Netflix (offline version)
Spotify (offline version)
Google translate (offline version)
Google maps (offline version)
Tripit
Airbnb
Skyscanner
Google now

Apps while traveling

You forgot Tinder [Image: icon_razz.gif]

Pussy ain't for pussies...

Apps while traveling

I like CityMaps2Go. I bought the pay version for 4.99. You can download very detailed maps before you go. uses gps, not data. Went to multiple countries in a short time period and was able to do this cheaply.

Apps while traveling

Revolut
Booking.com (no longer use Airbnb due to the SJW crap)
Momondo
Ryanair
Easyjet
mytaxi
Uber
Navmii
Hotel Tonight

Apps while traveling

Quote: (03-16-2017 11:04 AM)Hypno Wrote:  

I like CityMaps2Go. I bought the pay version for 4.99. You can download very detailed maps before you go. uses gps, not data. Went to multiple countries in a short time period and was able to do this cheaply.

I have an app called "here" which is the same but free. Yours may have a higher detail level though, not sure

Apps while traveling

Google Translate (Download the languages you'll use most, you can use them without data.)
Rome2rio

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

Apps while traveling

Google Maps lets you do the same thing fo' free:

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6...DiOS&hl=en

Apps while traveling

Quote: (03-16-2017 08:27 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

Google Maps lets you do the same thing fo' free:

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6...DiOS&hl=en

Is it possible to pin some locations on the map and then navigate there even though there's no wifi or service?

Apps while traveling

Yes it is. But there are countries like Myanmar and Thailand, where you aren't allowed to download maps of their territory on google maps.

Apps while traveling

GRAB for SEA

Apps while traveling

1. HERE WeGo : Map application. You can download the map of whichever country you are visiting and have it offline.

2. Couchsurfing : Just in case I can find a cute chick who wants to be my host, if you try to do this after I wrote it here, my advice would be to always look at the references.

3. Skyscanner : To be able to find cheap domestic flights in the country that I'm going.

4. AirBnB : I prefer AirBnB over the hotel apps because I like to be able to cook for myself. most hotels don't have kitchen equipment or even a kitchen

5. Chat apps : Whatsapp, LINE, Snapchat, WeChat, Viber & Tinder

6. Any.do : I have it on my phone anyway. If you want to make a checklist whilst travelling or a schedule, that's the go to app.

7. QuizUp : To pass time while travelling but I use it as game too with chicks. The knowledge game, I beat them as much as I can in the start and after I loosen up and make stupid mistakes so they know I'm just letting them win (a few chicks were really competitive actually). It shows that you're smart and you get respect points on her books. But be good if you do it, you don't want to show weaknesses.

8. Expense Manager : If you like to keep track of your travel expenses or even all of your expenses.

9. XE : To check the currencies whenever you want.

Apps while traveling

Hey --- lot's to like in this thread! Thanks, and keep it goin, please.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Apps while traveling

If you plan to use any public Wi-Fi (hotel, coffee, shopping mall), installing a VPN is important, to secure your connection.

Here is the thread about VPNs, so you can pick one that fits your needs :
thread-35181.html

Apps while traveling

Emulators, I download all my oldschool favorites and play them on my phone with a bluetooth controller. It's a great way to relax in your downtime, I play PSX games that I never could play when I was younger.

Apps while traveling

How do we pin down addresses on the map when we have wifi at hotel and then use gps via Google Map on iPhone even though we don't have wifi? Is there a way?

Apps while traveling

maps.me (for offline maps)

currency (for quick conversion calculator)

whatsapp and FB messenger (for texting with people without having a local number)

Apps while traveling

Here's the ones I depend on most when traveling:

WhatsApp
Netflix
Hotwire
Priceline
Google Maps
Yelp
Uber

Apps while traveling

Also forgot to add:

Google Translate
Social Media Apps
Audible (great to listen to on the plane)
YouTube Red (download videos for the plane)

Apps while traveling

Quote: (04-04-2017 07:24 PM)Rossi Wrote:  

How do we pin down addresses on the map when we have wifi at hotel and then use gps via Google Map on iPhone even though we don't have wifi? Is there a way?

OsmAnd is a good solution (also on Android).

Can use vector data for offline maps (uses up much lower storage space yet maintains detail even when zoomed all the way in; represents the world in points, lines and polygons) instead of raster data also (AKA tiles, full satellite images).

Apps while traveling

Any other apps that can download video media to store on stmartphone/Sd card?

Apps while traveling

I had no idea half these apps had offline components....my life is changed

Apps while traveling

Quote: (04-05-2017 07:30 PM)Valentine Wrote:  

Quote: (04-04-2017 07:24 PM)Rossi Wrote:  

OsmAnd is a good solution (also on Android).

Can use vector data for offline maps (uses up much lower storage space yet maintains detail even when zoomed all the way in; represents the world in points, lines and polygons) instead of raster data also (AKA tiles, full satellite images).

Thanks a lot. That helps.

Because I usually want to pin down the locations on the map while I'm at the hotel with wifi, then when I'm on the street, I dont usually have internet connection but still be able to gps where I'm going.

Apps while traveling

I was just travelling around the US (as a European).

The application I loved most was "Spot".

It was a great help to find a spot to eat in cities like SF, New York ans Los Angeles. I prefer it to TripAdvisor, because it doesn't show you 10000 places to eat, it shows you the best places to eat (from cheap to pricey).

I haven't tried it in Asia, however according to the homepage it also works in Singapore etc.

Mannbibel - Meistgelesener Artikel: Dominiere deine Freundin im Bett
Die Rückkehr der Männlichkeit - a german blog written by Ray

Apps while traveling

Here's a list of travel apps I personally found useful.

http://www.masculinexpat.com/the-most-us...nd-expats/

Hope this helps! (no affiliate links at the moment)

Apps while traveling

Any more recommentations?