rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Very tall men as a last ditch

Yesterday I was walking wandering downtown and I saw a woman that I used to meet at some reading group.

At the time it was obvious that she was looking for a man, and she made some moves on me, but I was really not interested, since she is a real SJW, with madness and sadness streaks. On the plus side, she's got a really hard body, and unless you start talking to her, she is a 7.

Over time, she became shabbier and sadder, so the last time I saw her at the reading group, I really avoided contact.

So I see her downtown, with this guy, a goofball omega, something like 5 years younger than she, looking low-income, an obvious last ditch for her.

Knowing her, it's obvious to me that she sees that he is an omega, she is something like 38 yo and obviously trying to get somebody before it's too late.

What stroke me the most is that she is 5'4, and he was 6'5, which to my eyes is impractical in day to day dealings and slightly ridiculous, and yet I see many couples like that, where the guy literally towers over the woman.

So it dawned on me that when women fail to find the man that they really want, they'll just go for the tallest man they can find, knowing that "at least he's super tall" - so when other women will shred her into pieces for not marrying early, not marrying rich etc, they'll have the last ditch argument "tall men are handsome, and I got me the tallest".

Maybe should have been put in the Player's Lounge thread, or perhaps the Newbie section. That women often like tall guys is not really much of a revelation.

Quote: (03-15-2017 05:14 AM)petermcsage Wrote:  

I was really not interested, since she is a real SJW, with madness and sadness streaks.

like that phrase, will have to borrow it.

as for height, there are hundreds of threads here. While there is a kernel of truth to all of them, this is really just a self-limiting belief masquerading as a game observation.

Even guys who are short, ugly, broke, bald, fat, whatever can get laid but the first step is to eliminate self-limiting beliefs.

I'm 6'5" myself..

Provided that those tall men aren't stick figures or morbidly obese, the height gives off a protector vibe. And as long as the man isn't entirely unattractive, that height can be an equalizer of sorts.. assuming the tall man carries himself properly.

Shameless plug: You know how George Clooney and Jim Acosta look like they can be related ? I could pass for a taller cousin.

But I didn't have the confidence in myself back then.

I spent a lot of my late teens and mid 20's sort of embarrassed (for lack of a better word) at my height. You could pick me out of a crowd without any effort. I felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb. And I did. But I didn't embrace the attention that came with it.

At the possible risk of being lambasted, look at Donald Trump.. not ugly, but not what could be considered an attractive man. His money aside, and at 6'2", his height is slightly above average. Could he pull women without his money and fame ? No doubt in my mind.. because of how he carries himself.

Conversely, look at Jim Carrey.. same height as Donald Trump. Take away his money and fame, and he'd be the 'funny one'. Would he pull women ? Sure.. not as many as Trump, though. Most women will flock to the strong male before possibly going home with the comedian.

(This isn't to suggest that there's not a place and time for humor, but Carrey's antics would border on buffoonery in a normal setting).

The height helps, but you still need game.

Quote:Darkwing Buck Wrote:  
A 5 in your bed is worth more than a 9 in your head.

Women like tall men? Next you're gonna tell us water is wet.

Quote: (03-15-2017 09:49 AM)Sam Malone Wrote:  

Conversely, look at Jim Carrey.. same height as Donald Trump. Take away his money and fame, and he'd be the 'funny one'. Would he pull women ? Sure.. not as many as Trump, though. Most women will flock to the strong male before possibly going home with the comedian.

(This isn't to suggest that there's not a place and time for humor, but Carrey's antics would border on buffoonery in a normal setting).

The height helps, but you still need game.

I'm a fan of "comedy game" myself, but not because I think jokes are going to get me laid intrinsically, or that I'm God's gift to humor.

I just know from experience that a girl I can make laugh is a girl with the "buying mentality." A girl who doesn't soften that stone-face in response to it doesn't have the "buying mentality."

Best to sort them early.

In regards to height I'm about 5'11". I love short women; first girl I ever dated was 4'11", but 5' - 5'2 is just right. Short girls with big tits, preferably.

Even if you're 5'9 or 5'10 just wear boots that give you maybe an extra half-inch or something, the short girls will think you're Shaq or some shit.

Actually form what I've observed, the shorter the woman, the stronger her preference for a really tall guy. All else being equal, women prefer taller men, but women of average or above height (from what I've experienced and observed as a short dude) are more willing to give you a shot if you've got other things goin for you. But the tiny ones - 5'3" and under typically - will often flat out state (both online and IRL) that they want someone at least 5'10" or taller.

At some level I guess they feel their offspring would be better served biologically if they got someone who could compensate for their own lack of stature, to balance things out, perhaps.

Pussy ain't for pussies...

Quote: (03-15-2017 12:45 PM)jselysianeagle Wrote:  

Actually form what I've observed, the shorter the woman, the stronger her preference for a really tall guy. All else being equal, women prefer taller men, but women of average or above height (from what I've experienced and observed as a short dude) are more willing to give you a shot if you've got other things goin for you. But the tiny ones - 5'3" and under typically - will often flat out state (both online and IRL) that they want someone at least 5'10" or taller.

At some level I guess they feel their offspring would be better served biologically if they got someone who could compensate for their own lack of stature, to balance things out, perhaps.

I could see that. The nice thing about being a man is it seems there's almost always a way to spin a "bug" into a feature. Approach enough women and there's almost certain to be a hot girl who is desperately seeking a shorter man.

Keep in mind though that iGirls who have "laundry lists" on their hookup app of choice are a certain type of girl - the type that always gets the left-swipe. So there may be some selection bias going on there.

If one took one's impression of what women "like" to be utterly monolithic and derived from what some random eHoes say they like, one might get the impression that all balding men should immediately commit suicide as their sex lives are over forever, which is deffo not the case.

Quote: (03-15-2017 12:29 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Women like tall men? Next you're gonna tell us water is wet.

Newbies arrive and come to the disturbing realization "There will always be a man in the world taller, richer, smarter, with a better physique, or with tighter game than I have."

Ok, champ, and what does that have to do with the price of potatoes?

From my anecdotal evidence and sample size of one chick, I agree, here's the story:

My best friend's sister is a slight crazy, highly neurotic weirdo who wasn't popular in school while her younger brother was popular, short (5'8), alpha and by 22 was in an LTR with a hot Russian chick and excelling in his career and had built a huge house (he since wifed the chick up and they have two kids). His sister was also short (5'3), maybe a 6 in her younger days due to her ample boobs and fat ass, when she was 24 (she's two years older than her brother) she started dating this introverted, weird lanky ass 6'4 dude. They eventually got engaged but at the age of 26 the poor fucker was diagnosed with testicular cancer, fortunately he beat it and they went on to get married and also had also two kids.

Fast forward a few years and I was at my friend's kid's birthday party and his weirdo sister was there and in front of me while putting her son's boots on she says "you're gonna be big and tall just like your daddy, that's why I married a tall guy" fucking cunt said that shit in front of my 5'4 ass haha, I just rolled my eyes because I didn't want to start anything, plus she's an insecure idiot so I still kinda feel bad for her.

Moral of the story: A chick will reproduce with a guy who has fucking cancer (obviously bad genes) if he's tall enough.

Quote: (03-15-2017 12:59 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Fast forward a few years and I was at my friend's kid's birthday party and his weirdo sister was there and in front of me while putting her son's boots on she says "you're gonna be big and tall just like your daddy, that's why I married a tall guy" fucking cunt said that shit in front of my 5'4 ass haha, I just rolled my eyes because I didn't want to start anything, plus she's an insecure idiot so I still kinda feel bad for her.

Rule of thumb: people who feel the need to explain their "good choices" to others are often engaging in crowdsourced-rationalization, and are often more trying to convince themselves.

People who make actual good choices don't feel the need to explain them, as they assume that it should be patently obvious to everyone why they did so.

OP I prefer to look at myself as the first ditch effort thank you very much

Attraction and passion are non-negotiable

Quote: (03-15-2017 01:09 PM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

Rule of thumb: people who feel the need to explain their "good choices" to others are often engaging in crowdsourced-rationalization, and are often more trying to convince themselves.

People who make actual good choices don't feel the need to explain them, as they assume that it should be patently obvious to everyone why they did so.

Not entirely true. Some people just like to brag because they are insecure and seek the validation of others as a means to boost their own ego.

Quote: (03-15-2017 01:15 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Quote: (03-15-2017 01:09 PM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

Not entirely true. Some people just like to brag because they are insecure and seek the validation of others as a means to boost their own ego.

It sounds like we're saying sort of similar things. I think certainly folks with low self-esteem, poor self-image, are going to be the ones who will have a need to rationalize their mistakes more often.

I think it takes a healthy dose of legitimate confidence to be comfortable admitting that one does go off the rails from time to time. And I'm sure it's even more difficult when it happens in the context of a marriage, see: sunk cost paradox.

I'm just saying people who feel the need to explain their alleged good-fortune or right-doing aren't necessarily the type to make bad decisions, just the type to not feel confident in themselves. I've known plenty of people who have done very well for themselves but never feel good about it or confident in who they are or what they have accomplished so they feel the need to show off or seek peer approval.

I actually watched a documentary last night about the personal life of magicians and saw a perfect example of it. One of the dudes in the documentary was this portly nerdy looking small-time card trick guy who was talking himself up everytime he was being interviewed. Saying how he he felt he was "cool" because he was a comic book nerd and being nerdy is hip nowadays, and how he has this list of accomplishments on his iPhone that shows how he has accomplished just about every goal he has set out to do since he was a teenager.

Legitimately the guy was doing alright for himself and he certainly did have a litany of respectable accomplishments under his belt, but his constant boasting about it just showed his desperate need for approval and lack of actual self-esteem. It gave off the vibe that he was not very humble and despite his achievements; had a real lack of self respect. It was more telling when during the documentary he got married to his girl, who left him only a few months later while he was traveling around the states on a 2-month lecture tour. It really showed him to be a sad and lonely man regardless of his success and personal achievements.

Quote: (03-15-2017 12:45 PM)jselysianeagle Wrote:  

Yes, I have noticed this on many occasions as well. Most recently, I met a girl last week for the first time and she says she usually only dates guys 6 foot or taller. She's 5'1 and I'm 5'9. I gave her a puzzled look and she said I'm the cut off for height. Really?! I towered above her as it is. I just laughed it off.

I banged her that night.

"Once you've gotten the lay you have won."- Mufasa

"You Miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Wayne Gretzky

Quote: (03-15-2017 05:14 AM)petermcsage Wrote:  

she is a real SJW, with madness and sadness streaks.

Best part of the thread!

It's not an issue of them going full on tall people when they decide to try and settle down, it was just her getting the best she could get. If that'd instead been a 5'4" guy then she'd be married to him or alone with a bunch of cats.

As a tall guy, I can tell you it's not just last ditch. It's first ditch. And second. It's all of them.

Fuck a fatty.

Beliefs are more powerful than facts.

The tall guy preference has become a meme with women. So man dudes are needy and passive in this modern age that women now just go for indicators of manhood even if it may be false.

If you are a needy and passive fuck with emotional problems but are very tall, have a beard, and get tattoos, you will get laid and get lots of GFs. Back in the day this would not be a promise. Back in the day a girl would shoot down a needy and weak man and go for better quality of masculinity. But in today's world she with so few masculine men women just go for the indicators without even trying to assess or measure the quality of the man.

I'm not the tallest guy. So it's been whatever with me as I find lanes where I can fit in. But I have noticed that local girls have become more hostile to shorter guys and short women as well.

Pretty much the order of what turns women on is:
0. Good game(duh)
1. Bravado/charisma/self-confidence/being interesting and all the jazz that leads to good game
1a. Corollary being you're a socially aware dude that doesn't act like a dipshit
2. Fame
3. Good looks and physique
3a. Good looks places below money when dealing with gold diggers
4. Money
4a. See 3a
5. Being tall

Seeing as being tall is the last thing on this list. If you're relying on it as a crutch you'll be an incel by the time you're 30. Guaranteed.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Quote: (03-16-2017 09:34 AM)Comte De St. Germain Wrote:  

Pretty much the order of what turns women on is:
0. Good game(duh)
1. Bravado/charisma/self-confidence/being interesting and all the jazz that leads to good game
1a. Corollary being you're a socially aware dude that doesn't act like a dipshit
2. Fame
3. Good looks and physique
3a. Good looks places below money when dealing with gold diggers
4. Money
4a. See 3a
5. Being tall

I feel like 2-5 are just openers to that make girls more receptive to you. Sure they may fuck you over them sometimes but like you said:

Quote:Quote:

If you're relying on it as a crutch you'll be an incel by the time you're 30. Guaranteed.

Only thing that "turns them on" is 0 & 1 imo

Attraction and passion are non-negotiable

Just tell girls you are tall where it really matters.

Cant some scientist invent a pill to make people taller? I have met women from Norway, they are as tall as fuck and the men are even taller.

Beliefs are more powerful than facts.

In Brazil it's pretty common to see average height guys (5'8 or so) with taller chicks with them at a night club. Granted those heels are usually the reason why the girls may tower above, but since many girls say they wouldn't date a man shorter than them at their heels-height, it's clearly evidence of the contrary. Again, watch what women do and not what they say.

Height is important. But it's nothing without at least decent game.

In short (not intended), I've seen more than a few times girls passing up tall guys for shorter ones. Some of the best players I know are shorter guys, because usually they have to work harder to get results, which leads to getting better with women on average. Generally speaking, of course.

Quote: (03-15-2017 01:45 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

I actually watched a documentary last night about the personal life of magicians and saw a perfect example of it. One of the dudes in the documentary was this portly nerdy looking small-time card trick guy who was talking himself up everytime he was being interviewed. Saying how he he felt he was "cool" because he was a comic book nerd and being nerdy is hip nowadays, and how he has this list of accomplishments on his iPhone that shows how he has accomplished just about every goal he has set out to do since he was a teenager.

It wasn't "Intellectual Eric", by any chance? [Image: blush.gif]

Quote: (03-16-2017 08:04 AM)Meat Head Wrote:  

Fuck a fatty.

[Image: wtf.jpg]

[Image: gtfo.gif]