rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Workouts To Do While Injured

I managed to get a slight tear in my rotator cuff while doing either a push up or pullup. I still have full range of motion and surgery isn't needed but I was told I can't do much with it while it heals. It's been some time since that happened but as a result I can't do my routine of bodyweight exercises.

Any suggestions? They'd be appreciated. I have a range of stretching and other exercises I was prescribed to do in order to get my shoulder healed.

"A happy man is a happy everybody else in his life."

"Ladies if you want to make your man happy, think about what makes you happy and do exactly the opposite."

"Hey how you doin' and I hope you know that I'm an upgrade for your stupid daughter." - Patrice O'Neal

Are you saying your entire body weight routine uses your shoulders in some way? If so, you'll have to tell us what your routine looks like.

If not, then you do everything that doesn't use your shoulder along with the rehab exercises for your shoulder.

I keep a very simple routine, actually. It was:

3 x 30 pushups
3 x 30 curls (no weights, I use a 5 gallon bucked filled with salt)
1 x 5 pullups (I wanted to get more but that's all I was able to do)
3 x 30 crunches plus leg lifts
3 x 30 dips
10 sprints up my hill (100 yards, about a 20% incline, maybe more)

My routine is a set of stretches and range of motion exercises.

Part of this is my fault, I went from 10 reps to 30 within 6 weeks. that's the likely cause I would think.

"Ladies if you want to make your man happy, think about what makes you happy and do exactly the opposite."

"Hey how you doin' and I hope you know that I'm an upgrade for your stupid daughter." - Patrice O'Neal

Focus on what isn't injured. So in your case, lower body and core. With your shoulder being out it pretty much limits what you can do. Maybe do light work with resistance bands for upper body.

Work your legs, core and cardio. Are you seeing a therapists?

I have consults with a therapist, but don't actually do any therapy at the office. I'm given various exercises and stretches to do. Soon I'll be able to add weight to them in order to bring full strength back, but as of my visit this week, that's a few weeks away.

Right now it's just clicking, tightness, and some discomfort. I'm lucky it wasn't too severe for surgery.