rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Russian Language Programs at St.Petersburg University

I'm finally going to go to Russia to study the language. I've been wanting to make this this move for years, and at long last, it's coming to fruition. Hoping to be there for around 4 months from August. I haven't even started to think about visa's etc, but I understand that if one is going to study, the language school or university can handle all of that.

Anyway, after having read all I can on this forum, I decided on St St.Petersburg, specifically the University there. Can anyone give me the lowdown, good and bad, in relation that particular institution, and St Pete in general?

Hope you don't mind that I've started a new thread, as my question specifically pertains to the one city, and the one university.

I know a girl that did it, I can ask her if you want.

Quote: (02-19-2017 02:21 AM)MrRoundtree Wrote:  

I know a girl that did it, I can ask her if you want.

Sure, if it's not too much hassle, thanks!

Have you studied any Russian at all?

Are these programs very boot camp oriented? Incredibly immersive?

I was just in Petersburg this last summer studying Russian! But at a private school. PM for the name.

I can't speak to SPU as I didn't go, but am sure it would be sufficient. If you're looking for daygaming opportunities I don't think many students are there during the summer.

If you have any specific questions about the city go ahead and ask. I had an amazing time. What a beautiful city and women. It was actually quite cheap too because of the ruble.

Hi Seth,

Very many thanks. Just sent you a private message on twitter (thought that may be easier).

@HBK, I have studied Russian on my own. Started with Michel Thomas (which I highly recommend) and them moved on to different on line material. I certainly cant speak the language, but I have done enough to know that Russian holds my interest and that with time, I can learn it.