rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Drinking In Relation To Seduction

Since I've been stepping up my game recently, I've been noticing that I'm just not into drinking that much when going out. I will usually end up nursing my drink while doing approaches, and I was curious what some other guys view on this.

My personal experience is that I at least usually can get by pretending to be drinking heavily, and it can have some different effects on my game.

A) Sometimes you need a few shots of whiskey inside you before some chicks look even worth the effort of approaching.

B) It's easier to game a chick when she is pounding shots, and my ass is still sober.

C) It's important to tip the bartenders a little more, because they tend to notice you're not drinking that heavily. This actually has worked out pretty well for me, and I'm starting to get a few local contacts on social scene around here.

I've wondered if it might be because I just haven't found the right drink, but I seriously doubt it. I have a few specific questions, I would appreciate it if someone is willing to offer a little insight.

1) How will not drinking a lot affect my game on an international scale?

2) Is the fact I'm not drinking a lot something I should be keeping hidden, or should I play it up.

3) How does drinking affect your own game in negative or positive ways?

Thanks again!

Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen! -John Mason (The Rock)

It's as big a deal as you want to make it. The only time this is an issue is if you're NOT drinking, and then coming off as a square. But you can get past that by nursing one drink for 6 hours, w/e. People don't notice.

In fact, I think it's a good thing you're not getting assed.

Quote: (08-22-2011 12:31 AM)Docter Wrote:  

It's as big a deal as you want to make it. The only time this is an issue is if you're NOT drinking, and then coming off as a square. But you can get past that by nursing one drink for 6 hours, w/e. People don't notice.

In fact, I think it's a good thing you're not getting assed.

Thanks for the insight.

There are some obvious advantages, but taking a few drinks is a good way for guys just beginning the game to get over their fear of approaching. It's a trade-off I admit.

Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen! -John Mason (The Rock)

I don't like to drink much when I go out for girls, for two reasons:
- it may have bad effects on one's game, as you have duly noted
- I usually drive, because my car is an important bang location for me (not being able to bring girls back home)

I have tried the Mixx move of walking around the bar with a bottle of mineral water but that does not work well in a culture where people drink when socializing and keep saying "cheers" and clinking their glasses every 10 minutes.
So what I like to do is drink a beer or two, and then go to the bathroom and refill my beer bottle with tap water. I usually limit my drinks to 2-3 beers over a few hours so I can safely drive and be below the legal blood alcohol level (that may vary from country to country).

That way it will look like you're drinking and you may say cheers to anyone and clink your bottle and noone's gonna think you are a square for not drinking.

This doesn't always work because if there are a lot of people in the bathroom they may look at you funny or think you are a cheapskate or you may get in trouble with the club management for being there and not spending money (even though my reason is not that I can't afford the drinks but rather that I don't want to get drunk).

I tend to end up with much better stories when I drink. It's definitely an augment to my game. Some might call it a crutch. Whatever works.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (08-22-2011 07:18 AM)K-man Wrote:  

- I usually drive, because my car is an important bang location for me (not being able to bring girls back home)

I have tried the Mixx move of walking around the bar with a bottle of mineral water but that does not work well in a culture where people drink when socializing and keep saying "cheers" and clinking their glasses every 10 minutes.
So what I like to do is drink a beer or two, and then go to the bathroom and refill my beer bottle with tap water. I usually limit my drinks to 2-3 beers over a few hours so I can safely drive and be below the legal blood alcohol level (that may vary from country to country).

That way it will look like you're drinking and you may say cheers to anyone and clink your bottle and noone's gonna think you are a square for not drinking.

This doesn't always work because if there are a lot of people in the bathroom they may look at you funny or think you are a cheapskate or you may get in trouble with the club management for being there and not spending money (even though my reason is not that I can't afford the drinks but rather that I don't want to get drunk).

@K-man That is why I tend to tip heavily, and keep my drinking limited to simple shots. It keeps management from seeing you as a cheapskate, but it also let's you keep a clear head.

@Gmac Interesting view-point, I don't really think it's a crutch but it's not really my style. I do know that drinking is a big part of actually going to the club, so I'm trying to find a nice middle ground on the issue.

Quote: (08-22-2011 09:04 AM)Wizard Wrote:  

@K-man That is why I tend to tip heavily, and keep my drinking limited to simple shots. It keeps management from seeing you as a cheapskate, but it also let's you keep a clear head.

@Gmac Interesting view-point, I don't really think it's a crutch but it's not really my style. I do know that drinking is a big part of actually going to the club, so I'm trying to find a nice middle ground on the issue.

I don't do clubs anymore. Strictly bar/lounge scene, drink dates, etc.

Quote: (08-22-2011 09:11 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

Quote: (08-22-2011 09:04 AM)Wizard Wrote:  

I don't do clubs anymore. Strictly bar/lounge scene, drink dates, etc.

Ah well I'm 23, and just discovering the game so I think I'm pretty lucky in that regard. I haven't gotten near enough of the club scene to consider giving it up.

I honestly can't even speculate how my tastes will evolve as my skills improve.

Just depends on what type of night you want to have. I guess it breaks down into four categories for me:

1. Sober - and by this I mean 3 drinks or less, I'll do this if I'm DD, in a really chill mood, or just want to laugh at drunk people doing drunk things. I rarely see success in this frame of mind, as I'm just too relaxed.

2. Drunk - this is usually around 8-12 beers for me, and is pretty much the norm. I'll be drunk, have good time, probably don't run my best game, but I definitely make approaches. One night stands are fairly common when I'm in this mind set, as my standards may slip a little, while my aggression increases.

3. Completely wasted - this would be 12+ beers, or any combination of enough beer and liquor, or just 2 original four lokos! My game goes to complete shit here. I'm sure everything I'm saying does not make sense, and the only girl I'm going to hook up has to be equally wasted. According to my wings I open every girl when I'm this gone; however, one of them has to close as I simply can't stay focused at this point, and after opening one girl I'll quickly get bored and dance off after another one.

4. Perfect buzz - roughly 4-8 beers, this is where I'm loosened up, having a good time, and making calculated approaches. I see the most success here because I'm buzzed enough to not care, but sober enough to still say and do the right things. Obviously this is the mindset I want to be in when I go out at night.

Goes without saying day approaches are going to be completely different.

I'm a pretty big drinker and I have noticed my ideal gaming level is around 6 beers. I'll have a buzz but still be sober enough to articulate and not come across as a complete retard. Like Gmac, I have a million insane blackout stories that are always great to tell at parties. When I am drunk I usually go after lower quality girls or fuck up more by being obnoxious. When I'm completely hammered I either quit talking to girls or start creeping and will only bring back a chick if she is as gone as I am.

Quote: (08-22-2011 02:44 PM)wi30 Wrote:  

I'm a pretty big drinker and I have noticed my ideal gaming level is around 6 beers. I'll have a buzz but still be sober enough to articulate and not come across as a complete retard. Like Gmac, I have a million insane blackout stories that are always great to tell at parties. When I am drunk I usually go after lower quality girls or fuck up more by being obnoxious. When I'm completely hammered I either quit talking to girls or start creeping and will only bring back a chick if she is as gone as I am.

This is me to a T. Hahaha, I bet we'd have a lot of fun drinking together.

Quote: (08-22-2011 03:12 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Quote: (08-22-2011 02:44 PM)wi30 Wrote:  

This is me to a T. Hahaha, I bet we'd have a lot of fun drinking together.

haha for sure man.