rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My Year in Colombia -Datasheet and General Info

Intro
I've just finished a year in Colombia; spending roughly a month in each major city then worked for six months in Cartagena.
I'll write a datasheet on each, including a very detailed analysis of the north coast.

Though I can't claim to have much game (this is my first post here), I had a great deal of success dating Colombianas from Medellín, Bogotà, Cartagena and Barranquilla.... and took insights away that will help you guys.

Make no mistake, Colombia is a very diverse country with differing cultures. Your game has to adjust accordingly.

Preparation
Dancing - Most Important
I can't stress enough, how important and significant dancing is in Colombian culture. You don't need fancy moves like you see in Latin clubs in the western world, just know the rhythms and be able to dance on time, and lead strongly.
Any Colombian guy with game will tell you how they seduce women through dancing with solid technique and lead... without saying a single word.

Salsa is universal throughout the country. Colombian's dance salsa completely different to Cuban or LA styles... that shit won't fly with Colombianas and will only confuse them. Get familiarised with Cali style.
Merengue is a close second (very simple), and they will soon be yours if you can lead Bachata and Vallenato which are intimate hold/ romantic styles.

All of my pulls were ultimately a result of dancing, leading strongly and physically seducing on the dance floor. She is yours during that time and you can hold take the express to intimate body holding/establishing connection straight away.
It also shows that you are culturally aware, and the girls will look forward to going out with you again.
Even starting a dance after you've got her home is an express path to sex.
If you can sing some words of a Romeo Santos song to her, even better.

Spanish
English isn't common in the country at all.
The more Spanish you have the better.

City Breakdown
Here is a quick summary of cities to help you choose....

Bogotà
Cold, conservative with no metro, tons of traffic and second least friendly city I visited. Because of this the chicas don't get much attention, and you can use that to your advantage. They warm up over time and will treat you like a king further down the line.

Medellín
Most modern, liveable and friendly city in the country.
It has the most variety in terms of looks and I doubt you'll ever get the cold shoulder. The only disadvantage is that the place is full of foreigners and your status as such could even be seen as a disadvantage. I rarely saw paisas on the arm of foreign guys despite the huge expat community.
There is a huge and thriving couchsurfing community which is your gateway to new friends and opportunities for a bang. I dated two paísas during my time there and it was genuinely fun, and uplifting in every way.

Cali
Salsa capital of the world, dangerous and hottest women in the country. Zumba was also invented here.
If you can't dance or speak Spanish I would leave this place alone.
It's really dangerous, and boring as hell if you don't like dancing.
Caleñas are guarded because of crime, and your public approaches will be initially met with guarded suspicion. The women though, are hands down the hottest I've seen per capita in Latin America and have smokin hot bodies because of the dancing and athletic culture.... and they know it, so your Colomian attuned game needs to be air tight.

Bucaramanga
Highest literacy and employment rate in the country. Girls are cute, smart and probably studying/working in engineering of some kind, as that is the major industry of the region. I didn't pull here, but made many friends.

Santa Marta
Small city on the coast, and polar opposite to Bucaramanga. It's loud, disorganised with high traffic of grungy pot head tourists en route to Taganga. Women are fairly approachable, and really cute, but lack intelligence, drive or sense of romance. My least favourite city.

Barranquilla
Salsa legend Joe Orroyo moved here purely on the basis if the hotness of women.
There are very few foreigners living here, though there is a huge influx for Carnival. Foreigner status is at a premium here. Barranquilleras will drop their panties the most swiftly for you here.

Dating Culture

Reputation is incredibly important in Colombia.
Colombianas are often introduced with guys through their brothers/cousins/friends who can vouch for them.
If you have time to play the long game - consider this.

Gringos have a pretty bad reputation in Colombia for being drug and sex tourists.

I found myself starting on the back foot because of this, and had to make extra effort to show I wasn't that kind of guy. I had long conversations with the parents of my chicas about it - whom were really averse to their daughters dating foreigners.
This applies especially to Medellín and Cartagena, where I saw many scruffy backpackers high as kites, and older white men strolling around and flaunting enhanced prepagos.

Chivalry
Always offer to pay for taxis/pick her up for the date, and take her home. In the west this might seem beta, but in Latin cultures, especially Colombia, the women will appreciate it greatly.

It's likely that your date will live with her folks - if you can drop in, say hi to her Mom in Spanish and have a brief chat (despite intentions) you're on a great path!

Night Game
Clubs are tough. Throughout the country, people go out in groups, sit in their groups in likely impenetrable form. I asked girls who I know if it would be off for guys to cold approach groups them in groups - they responded resolutely with a yes.
Open bars, selected dance focused clubs, festivals (there are many), outside clubs are your best bets.

Day Game
Malls in middle/upper class areas are your oyster as are buses/metro (in Medellín)
Go to any Unicentro, dress smart with a smile and you're unlikely to be brushed off. Approaches work here, Girls working in fashion shops especially, will love taking with you whilst you try on shirts. They'll be interested in you and receptive to invitations to drink and dance at a posh club in town.

Internet Game
If varies depending on the city. Cartagena is useless for dating apps, yet Medellín is a goldmine. Adjust accordingly.

Competition
Generally speaking, Colombian dudes have poorer game than say Brazilians, Cubans and Dominicans.
They cat call a lot, generally pay less attention to their appearance or manner to their female counterparts.

Dates
Follow standard alpha form and be organised.
Never ask a Colombiana what she wants to do or where she wants to go. Her pussy will dry on you faster than you can blink.
Always have your Plan A/B and be organised. Pick her up, or make sure she has transportation, dress smart and be really put together. You can be certain she'll make a lot of effort for you.
Make it fun and involve dancing, bring old school chivalry and you're on a winner.
No negging in Colombia - ever.
Be complementary, noting her hair and clothes and tell her she smells lovely when you're dancing together.

That's all I can think on for now.
I'll post more detailed datasheets with venues, etc. on Bogotà, Cali, Barranquilla and Cartagena soon.

EDIT (as requested)
Oh and some dance venues in Colombia (pending up coming datasheets)
Son Havana - Medellin: Best, most raucus salsa joint in the country. Good ratios, quality women in a middle class area.
Tin Tin Deo - Cali: Good place for all levels, generally people don't sit at tables and change dance partners after each song.
El Tibiri - Medellin: Subterranean with underground rave like atmosphere for serious dancers
Eslabon Prendido - Medllín: This joint is definitely the most gringo friendly.
Their biggest night is Tuesday and it felt like every backpacker in town was there when I was... iinterspersed with passionate local salseros!

Peace
Salsero

I need some time to go through this and I'm sure there is some really good information here, but a lot of Colombians can't dance for shit. Many dance well. Very, very few are great dancers.

Edit: And name some clubs in Colombia that are good for dancing. I don't think I saw one in your post.

Second edit: The quality in Cali was really bad. I can't agree that it even has the hottest girls in Colombia. Out of the two Colombian cities I have spent time in (Medellin was the other one) Cali was worse, maybe much worse. If I saw a quality girl in Cali, my first instinct was that she was either a transplant from Medellin or some other country.

Third edit: This thing regarding paying for taxis keeps coming up and in my opinion, not paying is definitely a rookie move. I thought guys on here would be far beyond that.

Quote: (02-13-2017 03:11 PM)Salsero Wrote:  

Never ask a Colombiana what she wants to do or where she wants to go. Her pussy will dry on you faster than you can blink.

I can't agree with this enough.

That's a test that they'll get you with. If she's all happy to have Italian food but then on the way there she says, "I think I want Mexican." That's a fucking TEST, amigos.

Don't fall for that shit. Tell her, "Nope, we're having Italian."

The Colombianas will walk all over your dumb gringo ass if you let them. Something that seems very benign to us is really the girl checking if you'll change your mind and do what she tells you.

I was bracing myself for yet another Colombia thread, but there is actually some new info here. Good work.

Quote: (02-13-2017 03:17 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

I need some time to go through this and I'm sure there is some really good information here, but a lot of Colombians can't dance for shit. Many dance well. Very, very few are great dancers.
Note I didn't say that Colombians are good dancers, rather dancing an important part of their culture... and that fancy moves are not required . Cali is the world capital of salsa, beyond debate here. All of the current champs come from there. Feria de Cali is the biggest salsa festival on Earth.

Edit: And name some clubs in Colombia that are good for dancing. I don't think I saw one in your post.
I've added some venues of the top of my head and will add more for city specific datasheets.

If I saw a quality girl in Cali, my first instinct was that she was either a transplant from Medellin or some other country.
Very few transplants in Cali. Likely that the hotties were Caleñas or from the coffee zone of they were lighter.
Nobody wants to move to Cali, especially from Medellín.

Some good info, but I disagree with Caleñas being the hottest girls. I also disagree that you need to be able to dance to the rhythm; I'm sure dancing game works, but I can't dance very well (although I've seen worse) and am much more of a talker. I've also seen plenty of other guys who don't dance well or at all and who do very well with the women. Lastly, I find negging can work well, but make sure it's in a joking manner and with the girls who need it. Otherwise, I mostly agree with what you said.

Gringos have a pretty bad reputation in Colombia for being drug and sex tourists.

I found myself starting on the back foot because of this, and had to make extra effort to show I wasn't that kind of guy. I had long conversations with the parents of my chicas about it - whom were really averse to their daughters dating foreigners.
This applies especially to Medellín and Cartagena, where I saw many scruffy backpackers high as kites, and older white men strolling around and flaunting enhanced prepagos.

I think the biggest factor was by far the level of Spanish. It makes a HUGE difference. In terms of the bad rep... I think if you speak decent to good Spanish and understand and appreciate their culture, that's not an issue.

LINUX fucked tons of girls without speaking Spanish.. so if you fill a particular niche that's fine as well if you speak very little Spanish, but otherwise Spanish is necessary.

Colombian girls are horny, and many are down for casual sex. Maybe if she's going to introduce you to her parents, the bad rep for foreigners could hurt, but otherwise I don't think it was an issue at all.

Especially in Medellin. Also your value/looks determines what kind of receptiveness you get. There's like a ceiling of Spanish where once you hit, things become 10X easier.

I don't know what it is, but the first month I was there, I struggled, and it took me around 1 month for both me and my wing to get laid. And he's a guy who bangs 8s and 9s in one of the hardest cities out there.

However after that things got a lot easier.. and now its at the point where Medellin is very easy for me.

But the second time I was in Medellin on the other hand things were so much easier. I did look a bit better and had more swag, but I think the big factor was my level of Spanish. I was putting in 10x Less effort and getting way more results. It's almost as if once you have a good level of Spanish the doorway opens up and girls love you in Medellin. And quality went up too by a lot. I have no doubt if I went back there for a couple of months I could date some really hot girls.

Good info, Salsero. I agree that you don't have to be fancy when dancing salsa, especially with women that dance a different style than you. My goal is always to use salsa as a means to have fun and develop a connection. On a broader level, it's a great and fun way to meet new people in a non threatening manner.

Funny story, I have a friend that is Cuban and doesn't consider what they dance in Cali to be real salsa. I keep trying to tell him to stop being so anal retentive about it and just have fun with it. If a person is well versed in partner dancing, they can adapt. After all, the end goal for me in a place like Cali is not to walk off the dance floor thinking wow that was a great dance, but, as you said, to continue that dance into the bedroom.

BTW, I see you have the DR as your location. Speaking of salsa and Colombia, Grupo Niche will be at the Hard Rock in Santo Domingo on March 17.

Quote: (02-13-2017 05:29 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Good info, Salsero. I agree that you don't have to be fancy when dancing salsa, especially with women that dance a different style than you. My goal is always to use salsa as a means to have fun and develop a connection. On a broader level, it's a great and fun way to meet new people in a non threatening manner.

Funny story, I have a friend that is Cuban and doesn't consider what they dance in Cali to be real salsa. I keep trying to tell him to stop being so anal retentive about it and just have fun with it. If a person is well versed in partner dancing, they can adapt. After all, the end goal for me in a place like Cali is not to walk off the dance floor thinking wow that was a great dance, but, as you said, to continue that dance into the bedroom.

Jaymillz I'll never forget that night we hit up that club in Menga during the feria de Cali a few years back and you continued that dance into the bedroom with that smoking hot model looking girl, to this day she was probably the hottest girl I've ever seen a fellow RVF member pull.

Quote: (02-13-2017 06:07 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Jaymillz I'll never forget that night we hit up that club in Menga during the feria de Cali a few years back and you continued that dance into the bedroom with that smoking hot model looking girl, to this day she was probably the hottest girl I've ever seen a fellow RVF member pull.

Scotian wassup buddy. Yeah that was a fun night lol. I gotta get back to Colombia this year so we can hangout again!

I kinda needed a kick in the ass to motivate me to spend some more time before dates and figure out plan A and a plan B. This thread seems to have done that. My schedule is usually pretty busy, and still not so familiar with the cities here, so I admit I've just been unprepared for some dates and had to ask the chicks what places are cool in whatever city I'm in. Won't be doing that anymore now.

Now that my Spanish is getting decent I've been using the negging a little bit and probably disagree that you shouldn't do it at all. But use it sparingly and make sure you say it jokingly, like newgame said.

Internet Game
If varies depending on the city. Cartagena is useless for dating apps, yet Medellín is a goldmine. Adjust accordingly.

beside Tinder and Badoo what other apps work ?

[/quote]

A lot of chicks use Happn now. It makes great use of geolocation technology.

Quote: (02-16-2017 12:47 PM)quan82 Wrote:  

Internet Game

I've never used it but I've heard Colombian Cupid isn't bad.