rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When a woman says "I can see why you're single."

This comment usually occurs after I say something sexist or offensive to them. How do you guys normally respond when a girl says this to you, or some variation of "let me guess, you don't have a girlfriend, do you..." I use Agree and Amplify a lot but I don't think that's the right approach every time. I've considered going the logical route, and explaining why their argument is false "If that were the case then women would never date assholes.", but that almost seems like you're trying to defend yourself. Another option is to just ignore the comment altogether, but at the same time I don't want the chick thinking it's okay to be rude with no negative repercussions. The best response I've come up with so far is to just smirk and slightly chuckle, like I find it amusing.

Quote: (02-06-2017 12:57 PM)PoppaPump23 Wrote:  

This comment usually occurs after I say something sexist or offensive to them.

What's the point in saying this in the first place?

Needlessly saying rude or offensive things to someone makes you come across as the wrong type of asshole.

Now if it's in reply to something then it's fair game. If they then turn around and say "I can see why you're single" just turn around and say "Looks like we have more in common then"

For me personally though, I'd not say something to piss someone off in the first place.

It's good to make it a habit of being on most peoples good side.

“It is far better for a man to go wrong in freedom than to go right in chains.” Thomas Henry Huxley

The Drum & Bass Music Thread
The Dubstep Music Thread

If you where on the right track, girls would be saying "I don't believe you are single!"

If you don't want to be offensive, then don't say the "offensive" thing in the first place. Think of it of being tactful instead of being dishonest.

If you do or don't mind, just continue to be congruent and act as if the reason you're single is you're a player. Don't say it though, imply it.

If you're at this point, you've already lost it and might as well forget that girl and try again. Re-evaluate how you do things.

But if you want a witty (petty?) retort:

"You're right. I couldn't lower my standards and settle for women like you."

G

Looks like you've already gotten good advice in this thread, but apparently if you're getting this same type of reaction from various people your not coming off as cocky-funny but more of a douche. Maybe re-calibrate your interactions that are leading to this type of response and see if it changes a bit.

Is there anything that women do not consider "sexist" these days?

BTW: my first girlfriend, I got her because she thought I was "neo-nazi" and obviously she showed off in front of her other leftist friends that she had a right-winger boyfriend... a forbidden fruit.

Just bang her if she is hot. Otherwise, next.

PS: I see lot of feminist reactions here. I thought we had to care about what women do and not say. A woman labeling someone else as "sexist" does not make that person sexist. The same goes for creepy.

Who gives a shit? Tell that bitch to go make you a sandwich. And pronto. I don't have all fucking day.

Sounds like OP was trying to run "bad boy" game but got overzealous and came off looking like an asshole instead. Bad boy game requires the ability to calibrate, to tune up or down your cocky/funny persona depending on who you're dealing with. You still have to be at least somewhat charming, albeit in a sort of dickish way. I'm willing to bet OP is doing what girls do when they try to "neg" guys, which is to just say something completely inappropriate and outright offensive without any note of humor, and then become confused when the remark isn't taken as intended.

The key to being able to get away with making a "risky" comment is to "throw and go." Make your comment, and quickly go onto the next thing. If you're saying something and waiting to see what kind of response it gets, that's what's allowing girls time to retort with comments like "I can see why you're single." Of course if you leave them an opening for it, they're going to fill it with something. Remember, throw and go.

I have never heard a girl say that over thousands of interactions. If you are hearing that more than a few times within a lifetime, let alone a short period, you are doing something fundamentally wrong.

Too much reading of the Negging chapter, not enough understanding

"He...Heeyy....girl.. whats up....were you always this fat? Haha amirite"

Americans are dreamers too

Depends really on how she perceives your status in relation to hers.
You can get away with all sorts if she thinks your higher than her and has decided she wants to fuck you anyway.

You can't say anything right if she thinks she's higher status than you and doesn't want to know.

And to the OP, chuckle, smirk, raise an eyebrow, doesn't matter but hold strong eye contact until she submits and looks away.
It's either a test or you really have offended her and she's about to leave anyway.

Am I the only one to think that there is interest in her answer?
Everything come back to managing her expectations of the new asshole (caring vs uncaring, anyone?).
If he can reply without being butthurt she just might have found herself a new toyboy...

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

Quote: (02-06-2017 04:25 PM)LeoneVolpe Wrote:  

I'm willing to bet OP is doing what girls do when they try to "neg" guys, which is to just say something completely inappropriate and outright offensive without any note of humor, and then become confused when the remark isn't taken as intended.

This is annoying. Some girl tried to neg me a couple weeks back when I was eating alone. I don't remember what she said, but it was rude and I responded with, "Ok" without even looking at her. Then she doubled down and told me to learn how to take a joke, blah blah blah. Whenever a girl tries to neg, it always comes off as rude and obnoxious, and when it's rejected, they usually tend to double down.

That said, I see plenty of guys try to neg, but end up coming off like assholes. Like others have said, you can't go around insulting strangers or saying offensive shit and expecting people to respond the way you want. There is an art to getting away with being a dick, and a lot of it has to do with both the delivery and rapport you've built with a person in a short amount of time.

Yeah dude all of your thought process was real cringy. Take a step back and try running game without being edgy at all. Some people think being "edgy" is theor thing because they know they can at least get a reaction, but if thats the response your getting you should stop until you develop better social awareness. I've been turned down hundreds of times, and have never got the response you described, unless if I was real drunk and actually did say something stupid.

Quote: (02-06-2017 04:53 PM)MediumRare Wrote:  

Depends really on how she perceives your status in relation to hers.
You can get away with all sorts if she thinks your higher than her and has decided she wants to fuck you anyway.

You can't say anything right if she thinks she's higher status than you and doesn't want to know.

take her left hand gently, as if you are about to kiss it. closely examine the ring finger, and the absence of a ring. make it obvious, make eye contact, and then roll your eyes dismissively. She could be Tom Brady's girlfriend but in a woman's world its meaningless without the ring.

Blck has a point too, whether it was a test or a genuine expression of her taking offence, doesn't matter as much as your reaction.

Holding frame and basically showing her your strength under fire will attract her and if it's strong enough, she'll hamster away what you actually said.

Bit of an example.

Half Indian girl a party, I see her sitting alone, turns out her friend got kicked out.

I go over, sit down at her table and start chatting, flirt a bit then shake her hand, say nice talking to you and wandered off to chat to other people.

5 mins later, she wanders over to me and we start talking again. I'm leaning back with my ass perched on the edge of a table, she leaning onto me, thighs almost straddling one of mine, talking in my ear and softly rubbing her cheek against mine as she does, so I know she's feeling me.

We get onto age, play guessing game then I felt a streak off asshole come over me, I cock my head to the side, look at her seriously and say 'you've got kids'

Her eyes widen and she says 'why would you say that?!
I lean back, look down at her hips pausing like that for effect, then looked back in her eye and said 'in fact, you've got 3 kids'

Her jaw dropped open, eyes wider, mock offended and she said, how the fuck can you know Iv got 3 kids?!

'It's my body isn't it? You looked at my body when you said that, could you tell from my body?'

Here's where I admittedly went a bit too far, I said with a smirk 'yeah, but dont let it other bother you'.

Now she really did get offended (but still half smiling) and said 'OMG! you Prick!'

I don't appreciate that even if I was out of order so I just fixed her with an unimpressed stare for a few seconds, both eyebrows raised before turning my back and walking off to the bar without a word.

Walking back down that end of the room with my drink, she tried angling across to intercept me but I blanked her and went on past to some mates.

For about the next 45 mins, other guys were cracking onto her and she was entertaining them but I could feel she was still after me BECAUSE I had walked away from her, and she was hoping I'd get jealous and chase after her.

Next thing I know, up she pops up in front of me, smiling widely and exclaims 'you walked away from me!'

Me: 'too fucking right I did, you called me a prick'

Her: 'well, I must have had a reason for saying it' (pretending she forgot)

Me: 'doesnt fucking matter, I don't like being called a prick'

Her: 'well........sorry.......shall we start again?

So we carry on chatting, few minutes later, I sit down and motion her to sit on my lap, she hesitates then does.
Talking into my ear, she asks what I'm thinking, I say 'same as you, let's get out of here.'
We go outside, start kissing and then she stops and says to me 'Do you know why I came back to you tonight?'
I lie and say no, she says 'because you walked away from me when I called you a prick, who does that??!!'

Me: I fucking do!

Her: Tongue straight back down my throat.

I had to laugh inside because I already knew it, she's a bit of a princess who's used to guys suffering her insults hoping for a whiff of pussy, she loved that I didn't take her shit.

As it happens, her drunk mate who got kicked out turns back up at that point and fucked it up for me that night, but she's still on the back burner for now.

You're trying to run asshole game to the extreme and it isn't working. That extreme asshole behavior only works on super damaged chicks.

What on earth are you saying that elicits such a negative response? Be specific as to what you said right before you got blown out.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

If they tell you that and hear it somewhat regularly it tells me you're timing your precious insults badly. To be more specific, you say them when there is not enough emotional build up there that can make your handle your remarks.

Question.. why saying "I want to lick you into a coma" works well in certain situations? Because of the proper emotional context between you and a girl. It matches the sexual vibe in the air.

Wanna go around saying "you're my favorite dead beat white thrash whore" ?? Then amp up the vibe as much as you an and say that on emotional spikes/highs when the girl is buzzing from emotions accumulated in her body. She might be shocked [but positively], might start laughing but she will handle it then. However, this is "cherry on the cake" type of thing. Useless without the nice big fucking cake, know what I mean?

You know how chicks sometimes say some nasty shit out loud that you would not even expect from them? It's because they feel that in that certain moment they can pull it off and everybody around will smile, laugh, approve it, or take it further. They can FEEL it.

You have to FEEL it too to pull it off.

This is a clue that you are overdoing the asshole game.

You need to switch to build more comfort.

It's a fine line between comfort and asshole to get the lay.

Perhaps I should have clarified the context more, in regards to being offensive. I completely agree with being able to calibrate your responses accordingly, and not coming across like a jerk just to get a reaction. There's also a difference between coming across like an asshole just to be edgy and explaining something in a way that's perceived as sexist to her. The context is more so in the middle of conversation, or out with a group of people where different topics are being discussed. For example, I was out with a group one night, and the topic was brought up about how my friend's wife nags him all the time and he just submits without pushing back. And I say something to the extent of "Dude, you can't let her treat you like a child all the time. If she can't be more respectful to you, then that chick needs to go. Her role is to support you, not tear you down." Followed by girl at the table saying "Let me guess, you're single aren't you?" They don't respond to your point at all, just deflect. And yeah, I'm not very politically correct with the things I say, but fuck that. There's no reason to be obnoxious but I don't water down the message either just to appease people.

You can't give red pill dating advice to a man in front of a woman without expecting some push back, man. That would be like teaching a nerd how to throw a punch in front of the schoolyard bully. Even if it wasn't her man you were talking to, she's still going to take the side of whatever's on her team, the women's team's, best interest.

I've never once heard that from a woman in any city, state or country. Usually, they are convinced I am married and refuse to believe otherwise.

Unless people specifically ask for advice don't bother giving it. People love to complain but don't actually want you to tell them what to do differently. Any advice you givw will fall on deaf ears in this situation anyway. This is where social awareness comes into play. If you are truely living your life in a way other men wish to mirror, they will seek you for advice, and 99% of the time it will not be in front of a group like this. To me it sounds like the guy was just using beta self deprecating humor.

^ To build off what Repo said, I think OP was also trying to use this situation to display his "bad boy" credentials to try and impress any nearby girls rather than selflessly give a beta friend some dating advice. There's simply no sense in giving anyone advice who didn't first come to you asking for it. And even if they did ask you, you have to assess how likely they are to actually follow your advice otherwise you're just wasting your breath.