rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A Gym Game Guide

A Gym Game Guide

My intention in writing this is to lay down a method on how to pick up girls at the gym, while also seeking advice on how to improve the gym game I will describe. I want to cover chick mentality at the gym, and then follow with the tactics on what I, at least currently, think is the best way to open the hot gym girls you are interested in, approach them if it comes to it, while not raising flags about the fact that there is a man at the gym that is approaching girls as they work out.

1. Chick Mentality (at gyms).

I am aware that particularly in America, from what I read online, gyms already have that pick up atmosphere. However, that is not the case elsewhere, particularly where I live (Brazil). Here in Brazil, it seems that as females are working out, they are oblivious to the fact that there are men around them, that some of them are of high value, and that they could actually meet them, or they just don’t care about that reality. They subconsciously feel the gym is inappropriate for the purpose of meeting men, they don’t even consider that possibility, or even recognize the opportunities exist, just like you didn’t even consider approaching and meeting girls while running at some random park before getting into game.

However, this is the thing. You got into game, you read some books about it, you watched videos on YouTube, you chased after girls, and you still do so. So, when you go to your gym to work out, you can no longer think of it purely as a place where you go to work on your body. In a sense, it is like you have lost some innocence, but most girls and women there haven’t. This situation creates a strong “contradiction”: you are very well aware about the possibility of meeting girls there, while girls aren’t much aware they could meet men there, or they are inconsiderate of that.

As I write this, I remember reading Roosh’s 50-page travel log about his time here in Brazil. I remembered him saying that as he worked out, when he asked women to exercise as they rested, they didn’t even pick the easy bait when he dropped the Eu sou americano line (“I’m American” in portuguese).

The best analogy I can come up with for the gym mentality difference between women and men that are into game is this one: You, men, are like animals from a jungle, while the girls are like pet animals raised in apartments. When the wild animal is in the middle of the jungle, it is very much aware of opportunities to feed that are around, if only it cares enough to hunt. But if you leave a dog in the middle of a jungle, it is completely unaware that there is food around to be hunted because for all its life, the dog only ever got food from a bowl.

Now, I don’t mean to say that all girls will be completely oblivious to all men at the gym, no matter what. I’m 24 now, I have been working out for 4 years, and at least in my experience, I have had 9 attractive girls actively demonstrating interest in me at the gym (yes, not a lot, especially considering I must have seen hundreds of hot women at gyms over the years). Unfortunately, however, the situation of girls actively showing interest at the gym will not usually happen unless the girl or woman likes you a lot and has a strong interest in you before you two even meet. In these cases, because the approach is warm, I personally prefer to approach directly, and I think everyone should do so when the girl is pre-warm to you. With all the other hot women at the gym, I think it’s best to use indirect tactics.

2. Indirect Tactics (at gyms).

I don’t know how big is your gym, but the unit of the chain I go to has 1100 people registered to it. I imagine that of all those, at any given time, around 150 are ladies rated 6.5 or higher. The way to open the hot women where you work out is really quite simple: you go work out when the gym is crowded enough so that you will usually run into those women already doing any exercise you do too, so that you have the excuse to talk to them by asking to exercise as they rest. I’m aware that reading until this far, it may seem too simplistic – keep on.

Now, I imagine that since you are reading this, I don’t need to tell you that you can’t walk up to a woman in that situation with a smile from ear to ear, all happy and goofy like a retard, because when you ask a chick you’re interested in if you can work out while she rests, you will have made it clear for her that you are only there talking to her because you like her and you’re attracted to her. You will demonstrate interest in a weak way, in a way that makes the chick feel her value is higher than yours, in a way that turns women off.

At the same time, in this situation you can’t walk up to a hot chick and do the opposite thing, that is going up to her and being completely indifferent, cold, apathic, like you don’t even care that she is a hot girl and she has no effect upon you. You don’t want a hot chick thinking it’s unpleasant to talk to her, and besides that, attractive girls know at least subconsciously that they are attractive because they at least subconsciously expect to get sexual reactions from men that interact with them. A hot girl may not consciously think “wow, I am a hot girl”, but she knows that men react positively to her and if you break that expectation, she will be unpleased, no matter who you are.

So, what exactly do you do? You calibrate your behavior. You want your target to think “he genuinely wanted to exercise while I rested, but I also felt like he liked me a little bit, which is good!”. Let’s call this action, with this particular outcome, the “ambiguous approach”.

As you do that to a hot girl, you may leave thinking that she is super hot and you barely showed intent and that you should have showed more intent. You might think you put yourself above her and you didn’t give enough of your “power” away. Don’t worry about that. If you stop right now to remember girls you showed a lot of attraction to, without them showing interest in you first, you will also notice that almost all of them didn’t feel attracted back to you. That is because, by doing that, you put yourself below her, you framed yourself as lower value, you gave too much of your power away, and hot women don’t respond to that. My point is that it is okay (and ideal) to leave an interaction with a hot woman feeling like you are above her. Hot women respond better to men that they feel are higher value than her, anyway.*

*Side note: I think that only low value girls feel strong attraction toward men that are all over them because they haven’t experienced being highly desired by men, and if you’re into game you might know that women fantasize about being desirable. It is like when nerds immediately “fall in love” with a mildly cute girl that isn’t bothered by them and gives them the slightest bit of attention.

Before you do the “ambiguous approach” on women you want, you can’t get caught sneakily checking them out, staring at them, because when you go talk to them for the first time, they will already know you are only talking to them because you are interested in them, and that will be uncharming, making them feel a little unattracted because it is unattractive behavior to talk to women that are aware of your intent but aren’t attracted to you by using an excuse to talk to them.

3. After the Ambiguous Approach.

After you have done all this, and assuming you did everything correctly, 1 of 3 things will happen:

1. The woman is clearly unpleased that you walked up to her to ask for something and that you are switching turns on whatever exercise machine you are using. If this is happening, it is because the woman is an unreasonable bitch, or your value is so low to her that interacting with you has a negative effect on her, or both. I can’t remember this ever happening to me or anyone, but I assume it is “theoretically possible”. This is what happens in American films when the low value, low status nerdy, screwed up dude in high school talks with the hot and popular girl and she treats him badly.

2. The woman is neutral to you. She doesn’t mind you, but you add nothing to her. She does not care, and talking and interacting with you does not lighten up or pump up her spirit a single bit, and she will forget about you 10 minutes later.

3. The woman responds positively to you, in varying degrees. She smiles, you two make eye contact, maybe she says something, maybe you say something back. To some degree, you warmed a woman up to you, and she knows that you exist and will remember you, and at least her first impression is strong. She likes you to begin with. Congratulations.

3.1. So What Next?

If the woman is unpleased or neutral to you, then that is still a good thing for 2 reasons: you took a small responsibility step in making things happen for you, which still is taking responsibility, and you also walked out of an awkward situation, because if you had done a cold direct approach at the gym, and it failed (as it probably would if a woman is cold to you), repeatedly seeing the same chick would be awkward. Now, if the woman responds positively to you, you can do 2 different things:

1. Transition right there. You could say something like “hey, if I may, I have to say you are very beautiful. What’s your name?”, or use something else to your liking. Now, the problem about doing this is that it will reveal the truth that you just wanted to approach her all along and that you used sneaky tactics to do so, which is incongruent with the ambiguousness and “mystery” you created to start with. It doesn’t kill the opportunity you created but it “kills the magic”.

2. Approach directly, some minutes later. Not only are direct approaches more confident, it will tap into the “it just happened” magical force that females seem to love so dearly, because it will feel like you genuinely just went up to a hot woman innocently and, after that short interaction, you considered that you kind of liked her and that you thought you should approach her, and then did so.

Summing it all up:

1. Girls are so extra passive and aloof at the gym that they usually won’t even consider giving signs of interest to men, even if they consider the men to be high value, but a lightbulb will go on inside their heads if you are proactive.

2. Do the ambiguous and genuine “exercise as she rests” approach to measure how warm a woman is to you.

3. If she is warm to you and you feel like going for her, transition at the moment, or approach her directly some minutes later after the ambiguous approach.

My intention was to create a technique that made the whole process super genuine, smooth and "magical" in the woman's perspective. My hope is that everyone reading this tries it at least once and then report on it.

A Gym Game Guide

Thanks for your thoughts.

I consider myself to be infield everywhere and at all times.

“The world is what it is; men who are nothing, who allow themselves to become nothing, have no place in it.”

- V.S Naipaul 'A Bend in the river'