rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do you use emoji? Why/why not?

I think emoji's are like a double edged sword. There's a very thin line between being funny and childish.

I use them most of the time because they're fun! I also think plain texting is kinda boring.

So, do you use emoji? why/why not?

Mostly just the banana icon on Whatsapp.

In my opinion emojis are great for flirting through texts, especially for younger girls. Younger girls will always use emojis and smiley faces in their texts. Don't overdo it, but a winky or smiley face every now and then always seems to work. This is especially the case for foreign girls as they tend to use these more often.

I love using them. Sometimes I'll try to do whole conversations with them. Try using the more obscure ones too. Can make easy sexual innuendos with them. So much versatility and makes the conversations more fun.

I don't think they are for everyone though. Have to be able to read the girl and know when and how to use thm.

The best text game that gives 97% chance of bang is using the fat banana icon from the forum along with "plz response."

"Why u flake on date. plz response. [Image: fatter.gif]"

In seriousness though I think some smilies and winkies here and there hardly make a difference. Do it if it feels correct.

I've never used all that other shit because I'd prefer it if the English language didn't "evolve" into some primitive variant of hieroglyphics.

It's probably an uphill battle.

Smiley face purple devil
Female hair flip
Upsidedown smiley face

These are a few of my favorite things

Attraction and passion are non-negotiable

Yes, yes I do. I have had entire conversations with asian girls just using emojis, gifs, and stickers. Sometimes that's just as deep as they get.

Yes I do. Initially I hold back as I'm a man but then I use them to flirt/be playful with women.

Well-timed emojis have been well-received, use them to inject a bit of fun or be ambiguous in a conversation.

Yes. Just because I like using them, girls say I'm a totally different person in irl vs in text some times, then I just tell them I'm gemini.

Emojis are like a spice. There's nothing wrong with using a dash here or there, but don't get too carried away. If used correctly, they can add some flavor to an otherwise dry message. Also, I've found they can help a message (which might otherwise be misinterpreted without emojis) be understood in the way I intended. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of the "winkface."

Late night shit texting with Asian girls using emojis is fun.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Quote: (02-05-2017 12:15 AM)RawGod Wrote:  

Late night shit texting with Asian girls using emojis is fun.

Yes. Standard wisdom is to severely limit the amount of Emojis you use.

However, this comes from the newbie side of things because newbies tend to violate a lot of the basic texting tenets which are:

1. Don't respond too quickly.
2. Don't respond with too many words.
3. Don't use proper punctuation/spelling.

These are good tenets. However, a major tenet of game (and especially texting) is to lead a girl into your world. Get her imagining you. Mystery but with INTRIGUE.

A meme, or an emoji, or a picture can be GREAT ways to intrigue a girl, get her laughing, or otherwise interested in you.

Remember, girls want to have fun. Don't be a complete goofball/jester character, but DO make her laugh and want to have fun with you.

As with anything game, calibration is key. Calibrate to your personality, her personality, etc...

I send my girl sporadic pics of goofy things, cute animals, stupid emoji trains, etc...

I still occasionally ignore texts, keep things super short/brusque, and don't answer her questions completely.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

I use emoticons all the time in text. Fuckin love em.

I'm not particularly a fan of coming across as a close robot over text. I mean I keep my texts short and sweet, but I am a fun and playful dude and I like to let that come through over text too. The stigma about emojis is that women will punish you for using them because it make you look soft/beta/childish/etc. It's all about context, comrades.

Saying "I like you [Image: smile.gif]" or "Would you like to go to dinner tomorrow?? [Image: smile.gif]" looks fucking gay. Don't text weak soft shit and then punctuate it with smileys and whatnot. Be fun and playful with your emojis.

Her: You're such an asshole
Me: [Image: wink.gif]

Nowadays there are so many damn little emoji icons you can send via text you can have all kinds of fun with them. I will have whole conversations using just emojis it's good stuff and gets the girl in a fun and playful mood.

I only use them to convey my mood or give it context. So if Im joking and say something sarcastic Ill throw one in there.

Quote: (02-08-2017 05:12 AM)AneroidOcean Wrote:  

3. Don't use proper punctuation/spelling.

While I agree with your post. I find a bit of a problem with this here. I know guys who text like absolute dips and don't get laid because of it due taking this kind of advice too seriously.

Guys shouldn't be typing say "R u free tmrrw". Stuff like that sounds absolutely moronic. And no one on this forum more than likely does.

A simple "free tomorrow?" works better in my opinion. Minimizing words and using run ons should take precedence over sounding like a complete mental midget by using abbreviations.

Atleast my 2 cents on this.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

I use those big stickers on LINE and whatsapp with asian girls, outside of that; no.

Purple devil face, cat emoji for kiss,wink, banana/peach/tongue( usually these 3 go together). These seem to work for me

Quote: (02-08-2017 03:02 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

I use emoticons all the time in text. Fuckin love em.

I'm not particularly a fan of coming across as a close robot over text. I mean I keep my texts short and sweet, but I am a fun and playful dude and I like to let that come through over text too. The stigma about emojis is that women will punish you for using them because it make you look soft/beta/childish/etc. It's all about context, comrades.

Saying "I like you [Image: smile.gif]" or "Would you like to go to dinner tomorrow?? [Image: smile.gif]" looks fucking gay. Don't text weak soft shit and then punctuate it with smileys and whatnot. Be fun and playful with your emojis.

Her: You're such an asshole
Me: [Image: wink.gif]

Nowadays there are so many damn little emoji icons you can send via text you can have all kinds of fun with them. I will have whole conversations using just emojis it's good stuff and gets the girl in a fun and playful mood.

All so very true. They are fun and silly. It can be perfectly ok to be fun and silly when it is in context. It adds to humor and playfulness. Know your audience and play to it.

"The Iron Butt is an extreme-distance motorcycle rally, as in it hurts to be in the saddle that long. It lasts several days, and is much more bad-"ass" than it sounds."
To quote an RVF brother, Hoser as he explained my screen name to another member.

I do.

girl: hey what you doin?
me: none of your business

wait for it....

me: [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (11-15-2014 08:53 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
But guys, the fight itself isn't the focus here. How the whole thing was instigated by 1 girl is the big deal.

I like to send the eggplant followed by an erupting volcano.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

It depends on your personality style.

I never use them. I think it cultivates an "aloof" persona that jives well with younger girls.

I once had a girl tell me how she hated all the emoticons that guys were using on tinder. Said they were gay for men to use.

Different styles for different men. Bosch described in a post how keeping it short and tight works for some, whereas verbosity works for others.

Experiment without them for a while and see if there's a difference.

I stopped caring. They're effective just don't overuse.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (04-14-2017 05:45 AM)RIslander Wrote:  

I like to send the eggplant followed by an erupting volcano.

Another good one. Egg plant, kitty, a bunch of waves, volcanic eruption. You just better live up to it.

Quote: (02-04-2017 01:03 PM)Akwesi Wrote:  

Mostly just the banana icon on Whatsapp.

Word.

I do not use emojis. I've tried incorporating them, but they didn't seem to improve my text game.