rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why I'm feeling so depressed when I back from Colombia

I just back in my country after spending 10 straight days in Colombia

I started my trip with 2 days in Bogota and stayed in fine hotel in Usuaquen a lot of tinder and night game but nothing solid

I take straight flight for Medellin for 4 days and was shocked about the quality of life in this city (i'm gonna talk only about El Poblado),fine infrastructure, clean, a lot of American company and startups when you could fine a eventual job if you look for expatriation, and of course women beautiful and approachable.
All my game was based strictly on night game (bars and clubs), i meet a beautiful 21 years Paisas she was super hot and i game her with audacious game and show a lot of DHV the night i meet her because before i close the deal, in the club, i was talking with a lot of people and was surrounded by a beautiful women having fun and drinking with me my bottle of Rum Medellin.
After few talk i just take her WhatsApp and the next day i suggested her to flight with me in Cartagena and she accepted.

I spent amazing 3 nights in Cartagena

I admit to having spent money for this girl in ticket flight (with the company viva Colombia equivalent to 75 dollars roundtrip the last minute ticket flight) and paying for food and accommodations.

I spare you the details but the presence of this women with me was really a ray of sunshine because we spend amazing time together and I have never known women with a personality so cheerful fresh and full of life ...

Now i'm back in my country with shitty weather in my 9 to 5 IT stressful job in my ultra corporate company, in the city known to having the greatest number of scumbag to the square meter.

And i'm feeling so depressed it's a shock ...

Are you feeling the same shit after a roundtrip in Colombia ? or i'm only the one lonely with my dreams of better world, and my romantic view of life ?

1. Mathematics is the language of nature.
2. Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
3. If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge.

Therefore: There are patterns everywhere in nature

After every good trip, there's a sense of loss that sets in. If you love a place, then a part of your heart goes missing when you return.

The best thing you can do to counteract the depression, is to start planning your next trip.

I haven't been to Columbia, but I believe most Anglosphere men if lucky enough to travel find a place they go to where they feel they are -- at last -- not in a sexual desert.

For me it was FSU/EE when I was in 40s, I sort of aged out of there and then found Asia.

One useful thing for you to do, might be to be thankful that you had the resources to get somewhere and SEE that men aren't always vilified and/or mocked. At least you know it's SOMEWHERE , even if you can't be there full time.

I can also recommend a technique I used when I has a tedious office job and was waiting to make my pension. I had about two years to go.

I found a web page where I could print out two years on two sheets, got a red pen I used only for marking off days on the little boxes on the sheet.

http://www.pdfcalendar.com

I kept the sheet and the pen in a drawer. When I remembered, I would pull the sheet out and X out the days that had passed. Sometimes it was two weeks, and I could see visually the sheet filling up, knowing that freedom would arrive when the sheet filled up.

the good thing about this method is that when you're near the end you feel a lot of relief. You know you've done 85 weeks -- you can see them X'd out -- so you know 2-3 more weeks is nothing.

Figure out how long it will take you to have enough passive income to escape the sexual desert. If you can stand the guilt, tobacco companies pay ~5%. Nursing home stocks (OHI SNR) pay over 7% in dividends.

If you have any time in with a government agency, make your pension.
If you have portable skills, develop a side business.

Anything -- except living someplace with Ebola raging -- is better than living with out affection and love, loveless in a sexual desert.

Sounds like you've got come down with a case of PSAD (Post Sensual Adventures Abroad Disorder):

thread-46927.html

Your life will never be the same again.

Welcome to the club, man.

Quote: (02-03-2017 09:28 PM)perception_theory Wrote:  

Now i'm back in my country with shitty weather in my 9 to 5 IT stressful job in my ultra corporate company, in the city known to having the greatest number of scumbag to the square meter.

You live in San Francisco ? Poor you.

OP,

One way to look at it is to be depressed.

The other way to look at it, is to get super motivated to find a way to make your finances strong enough to live anywhere you want. Or to set up a business or two that can done be from anywhere in the world.

I think the first way, weakens a person and robs them of energy.

The other way, should be inspiring. Motivating. You have tasted a piece of heaven, and you want more. So get to work.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Thanks everybody for your support

i'm back to hustling hard for coming back later in a country where interactions between men and women are not yet falling into excessive austerity

"iknowexactly" i will follow your skills bro

Quote: (02-04-2017 01:30 AM)McBain Wrote:  

worst = Paris, France

While South America is far away. EE is not. Or Spain or Portugual. Hang in there.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Quote: (02-04-2017 06:07 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

While South America is far away. EE is not. Or Spain or Portugual. Hang in there.

EE is just cold as fuck at this time of the year and Spain and Portugal are not what i can call a "pussy paradise" bro

Quote: (02-04-2017 04:47 PM)perception_theory Wrote:  

Quote: (02-04-2017 01:30 AM)McBain Wrote:  

worst = Paris, France

Aïe mon pauvre. Je compatis. Courage.
Au moins t'as pu gouter à la Colombie. Moi j'avais été recruté apr une boite pour y aller en tant qu'expat, avant qu'ils annulent le contrar au dernier moment

I'm going through this now, I was 5 weeks into a 3 month trip and had to leave the country abruptly for a family emergency and am now back in Canada freezing my nuts off. I would be on San Andres Island now scuba diving and smoking baseball bat sized reefers but here I am not even wanting to leave the house. Oh well, Colombia will be there in a few months time.

Quote: (02-05-2017 08:29 AM)scotian Wrote:  

I'm going through this now, I was 5 weeks into a 3 month trip and had to leave the country abruptly for a family emergency and am now back in Canada freezing my nuts off. I would be on San Andres Island now scuba diving and smoking baseball bat sized reefers but here I am not even wanting to leave the house. Oh well, Colombia will be there in a few months time.

Exact same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. I landed back from Santa Marta into the harshest east coast winter I ever experienced (think it was 2014).

This is my first time in Canada during February since 2012, I usually don't return until April so am not used to the cold but its only -5 so not too bad. Usually after 3-4 months in Colombia I'm ready to get back to Canada and work but this time its fucking brutal!

Quote: (02-05-2017 08:29 AM)scotian Wrote:  

I'm going through this now, I was 5 weeks into a 3 month trip and had to leave the country abruptly for a family emergency and am now back in Canada freezing my nuts off.
Goddamn, that sucks. I went to Canada once and it reminded me of Haiti. What a shithole. I feel bad for you bro.

But on the bright side, you've inspired me to go watch some more Trailer Park Boys.

Haha did you go to a Canadian indian reserve?

Quote: (02-05-2017 01:54 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Haha did you go to a Canadian indian reserve?
Nah, I'm just fucking around. I went to Calgary for a few hours and drank beer at the airport until my flight back.

I've met tons of Canucks. They're great. But they need to realize that Canada is just America's hat.

I live in bogota, this thing you mention always happens to me when I have to come back to bogota, so I can fully relate to your story bud, medellin es una chimba!

Post holiday depression is a thing.

You can't have highs without lows.

Start planning your next trip and welcome to being human!

At least you yanks can move to Miami or NYC or somewhere else with a large Latino population, up in Canada its all small arsed Asians or some dirka dirka chicks wearing garbage bags. I miss fake T&A!

I echo everyone else's sentiments.

I was in Panama twice last year. The second time was to go back to see a Venezuelana that I met the first time. Incredibly beautiful feminine woman.

I remember the incredible let down as I was in the Miami airport waiting for my connecting flight. I sent her text that I had landed safely and she immediately responded with a hands clasped in prayer emoji.

While I was texting her I had to sit near two typical fat loud western women. The difference between them and her couldn't have been more of a stark contrast. It was demoralizing.

She still messages me and I will go back to visit her. But in April I am heading to Thailand. See what adventures I can find.

Quote: (02-04-2017 06:30 PM)perception_theory Wrote:  

Quote: (02-04-2017 06:07 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

EE is just cold as fuck at this time of the year and Spain and Portugal are not what i can call a "pussy paradise" bro

There's a ridiculous amount of latinas in Spain, specially if you know where to find them. There's plenty of latin clubs in every spanish city and girls there are certainly more friendly and open than your average spanish girl. Basically, if you're after latinas, Spain is your best option in Europe.

Regarding your "depression", use it as motivation to gtfo and find a way to move to Colombia. I'm sure this forum has tons of info to get you started. Good luck! [Image: banana.gif]

Тот, кто не рискует, тот не пьет шампанского

Short term, start planning your next trip. I used to get that same feeling and was miserable until I had another trip to look forward to.

Long term, start acquiring skills that will help you work abroad. I left Canada in December and won't be back until May... for 2 weeks, before 4 months in EE.

This is good advice.

As mentioned before, I'm a big advocate of the keep booking them one after another to cut the post-trip depression you get after returning to wherever it may be.

You're in IT - you're already a step ahead of the others who are not. If you're not at that point yet and ready to make the plunge into starting a business, at least find a company that supports remote work. Go to your boss now and start slowly working remote until your full time. If they won't let you, find another company that will or keep bouncing around getting a higher salary at least until you find one that will let you. PM, PDM, Coding, Analyst - whatever it is, it can be done remote.

I will share my experience with this:

During my studytime , i did an exchange semester at china from september till january. I met there an amazing chinese girl and fell in love and we were about 3 months together then in january, i needed to return to my hometown to do my 2nd semester. I remember her crying whole day and wearing my T-shirts and sweaters on wechat video, and writing me endless letters. She said she preferred dying at the moment, at least she wouldn't suffer that time. And i when i was waving her at the airport , my heart was broken either. We did literally everything together and we lived together in the same flat.

I promised her to come back, what i did either during my eastern holidays ( i spend all my free time working to pay my travel expenses). I think, the lack of beautiful and warm girls and approachable girls in my homecountry even made me more depressed. Like roosh said in his last postcast: when you see the shores of Paradise, it's really hard to go back to the slums. And this is 100% true. It makes it even more depressing and you can't do anything about it. In china, you got a lot of attention, if you are a white tall guy and it's easy to compete with the local guys , and they are really warm girls, so go back to western europe then is like from heaven to hell.

If i would go to South america ( brazil, Colombia,..) , there would maybe be another feeling but i was going back to Western europe. The country where you go next after where you leave your "love" is very important in the process to accept your sadness, at least i experienced this. I'm still in touch with this chinese girl and she may visit me soon in Poland. But seperating at a time where you really don't want to and especially in this study age, where you need to raise up your confidence because in the western countries you'll lose it again if you stay to long, is really hard.

I had a lot of depressions after coming home from several trips ( South Korea, cambodja, serbia,..) so i decided to leave my country for good and to be an expat in a better foreign country ( Poland). Being in a sexual desert is the worst if you're coming back, the affection you miss from those foreign girls, it makes a men sick after a while. If there is no any future anymore for girls in your home country ( US, Canada, france, spain, Belgium, Uk,..), i just would advice look for a job abroad and become an expat. Always doing short trips don't solve the problem because you end up Always again in your shit country again.