rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Australia Day thread

The Australia Day thread

Happy Australia Day to all fellow Aussies on the forum!

Now that that's out of the way, I'm interested in your opinions on the date of Australia Day (normally 26 January, the day the First Fleet arrived). There's been a lot of debate going around recently and I'm interested in knowing what you guys have to say.

Recently, the Western Australian city of Fremantle tried to have the date changed to 28 January and replaced with a multicultural celebration called "One Day", however that was reversed after protests. The University of Melbourne have also banned the celebration of Australia Day on the grounds that it is "deeply offensive" to Aboriginals.

What is your take on the situation? I personally think the date shouldn't be changed.

,,Я видел, куда падает солнце!
Оно уходит сквозь постель,
В глубокую щель!"
-Андрей Середа, ,,Улица чужих лиц", 1989 г.

The Australia Day thread

Couldn't help myself:

[Image: racism.jpg]

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

The Australia Day thread

Personally I have very strong feelings & emotions towards the date January 26th. My family arrived here on the First Fleet & were instrumental in running the colony in its infancy. I would love to be more specific however I don't need to doxx myself. Lets just say there are Sydney streets named for & portraits of my ancestor to be found in the State Library on Macquarie St.

I love this country & what we have achieved in a little over 200 years & Australian history runs in my blood. I have had to back out of more than one potential bang in the past when I realised my target was a distant cousin.

This whole "change the date" bullshit does my fucking napper in.

These ungrateful, ignorant Year Zero types who run around calling it "Invasion Day" make my blood boil (I'm looking at you Tripe J faggots). Colonisation Day just doesn't have the same ring to it eh? Another example of deliberate manipulation by word association from the regressive left, designed to divide the country & incite racial tension. Leftist Aussies would love to have their own version of whatever is trendy in the US, & to them racial disharmony would be an homage to the horrible situation that has been stirred up, based on half truths & outright lies, over there.

This whole idea of re-writing history in order to consider yourself a patriot & make other feel included is as daft as Rudd's apology. So you change the date to another random day? Well all you've done is alienate all the people who actually do celebrate Australia Day for the right reasons. All the others would be doing exactly what they do anyway on any other given public holiday.

On the other hand, I remember a time when we had a National Identity and it was a wonderful place to be. For many years now I have found it difficult to identify exactly what that is or means anymore. I certainly don't feel kinship with the general populace these days.

The Australia Day thread

Quote: (01-25-2017 02:56 PM)Conscious Pirate Wrote:  

Tripe J faggots

I'm assuming that was unintentional, but it's an accurate description of their politics.

В глубокую щель!"

The Australia Day thread

Personally I have very strong feelings & emotions towards the date January 26th. My family arrived here on the First Fleet & were instrumental in running the colony in its infancy. I would love to be more specific however I don't need to doxx myself. Lets just say there are Sydney streets named for & portraits of my ancestor to be found in the State Library on Macquarie St.

I love this country & what we have achieved in a little over 200 years & Australian history runs in my blood. I have had to back out of more than one potential bang in the past when I realised my target was a distant cousin.

This whole "change the date" bullshit does my fucking napper in.

These ungrateful, ignorant Year Zero types who run around calling it "Invasion Day" make my blood boil (I'm looking at you Tripe J faggots). Colonisation Day just doesn't have the same ring to it eh? Another example of deliberate manipulation by word association from the regressive left, designed to divide the country & incite racial tension. Leftist Aussies would love to have their own version of whatever is trendy in the US, & to them racial disharmony would be an homage to the horrible situation that has been stirred up, based on half truths & outright lies, over there.

This whole idea of re-writing history in order to consider yourself a patriot & make other feel included is as daft as Rudd's apology. So you change the date to another random day? Well all you've done is alienate all the people who actually do celebrate Australia Day for the right reasons. All the others would be doing exactly what they do anyway on any other given public holiday.

On the other hand, I remember a time when we had a National Identity and it was a wonderful place to be. For many years now I have found it difficult to identify exactly what that is or means anymore. I certainly don't feel kinship with the general populace these days.

Your post says everything I feel.
We will never have a national identity again. There are too many people with too many backgrounds with too many agenda's and it just goes on an on and on.

Celebrating our identity as a nation offends aborigines, muslims, anti-monarchists, gays who can't get married, vegans, uni students, JJJ faggots etc etc.

There's just not enough common ground. If people don't know how to come together as a country to begin with, it doesn't matter what date we change it to, or what name we call it, it will never be enough for some groups out there.

I don't know what any of them want anymore. Destroying everything we know and want as a civil society seems to be the only thing.

The Australia Day thread

"One Day" is almost as pathetic as "Sorry Day," but what do I know? I'm a Seppo.

The Australia Day thread

You guys have nailed it. Nothing more to add really.

The date of Australia day is just one of many targets. Anything that has nationalist value and speaks to our traditions or pays homage to our forefathers is on the chopping block, so there's really no point in compromising with the left on a single, solitary issue.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

The Australia Day thread

Yes, the change of date thing is annoying becasue it's just so pointless. Abos didn't even use our calendar, so the date January 26th, or any other date means nothing to them.

Changing the date won't change the fact that they were conquered, neither will it stop the whinging about it. It won't change a damn thing, except emboldening the wowsers just that little bit more.

I saw this awful video of a tranny comedian arguing to change the date of australia day to may 8th becasue it could sound like maaaate, and as we know, theres nothing more australian than that. As if the main tranny wasn't bad enough, get a load of the other faggots they choose to represent modern australia.

The sad thing is, this guy (when he "identified" that way) was on a really funny show maybe 10ish years back called the ronnie johns half hour. Here he was before he went full SJW:

It was the show that "chopper" came from:

I don't know, maybe it's dated but I have favourable memories and lots of laughter from the show, and I don't want to ruin that by rewatching it and finding it was garbage all along.

But in the decade since that show was made, if australia had have gone more the way of chopper than of fat SJW trannies, we'd be in a much better position today.

The Australia Day thread

I know that tranny from the Three-Chord Song done by the Axis of Awesome about 8-9 years ago.

В глубокую щель!"

The Australia Day thread

Romans trounced the Goths.
Mongols trounced the Chinese.
Chinese trounced the Japanese & vice versa.
Moor's trounced the Spanish.
Aztecs sacrificed ten's of thousands.
Hutu's & Tutsi's trounced each other.
Europeans are very capable at waging war with each other & the rest of the world.
Australian aboriginals are said to have engaged in cannibalism.

Seems history is rife with conquest & that no one particular group or tribe is guilt free.
Invasion Day? Pfft.
Just another day in human history.

The Australia Day thread

Happy Australia day cunts

The Australia Day thread

A great article on the fact that Australia Day is anything but "Invsasion day" (despite the url name)

It will present as a wall of text if I past it here, so I wont.
Some excellent reading though, for fellow Aussies.

https://billmuehlenberg.com/2017/01/26/a...asion-day/

The Australia Day thread

Quote:Quote:

A young woman marching in the “Invasion Day” protest was knocked unconscious after the previously peaceful protest erupted into violence when police tried to stop a protester setting an Australian flag on fire.

The woman was pushed to the ground as police arrested a man for allegedly trying to light the Australian flag on fire in the middle of the march near the Broadway shopping centre in Sydney.

Ben, a protester who witnessed the scuffle, said police rushed the crowd when they spotted a man laying the flag out on the road.

[Image: GE5S7P3D.2-0.jpg]

“The cops rushed in and started spraying a fire extinguisher when they saw a guy spreading an Australian flag out on the ground and to set it on fire,” he said.

“The girl was knocked over when the cops tried to arrest a bloke and as they swing him around, they crashed into the girl and she hit the ground.

“They fell over with the girl and her legs were pinned until they realised they were lying on top of her.

“I couldn’t believe the force they were using to arrest the guy and try and stop the flag burning. There were six or so cops who just piled into there crowd to stop it.”

[Image: laugh4.gif]

But hows this bitches form:

[Image: GE5S7M7A.2-0.jpg]

Hard-faced asian protesting whitey invading. It's alright when she does it apparently.

The Australia Day thread

I say we Agree and Amplify and call it Civilisation Day.

The Australia Day thread

How's that plane crash on the Swan river in Perth yesterday, killing pilot and passenger (girlfriend) on impact.

Wonder what they'll do with all the unused fireworks since the festivities were canned.

I also wonder if the pilot performed an extra risky manoeuvre to impress the girl (or at her request).

WB (pre-crash) by the way.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.9news....swan-river

The Australia Day thread

My faggot flatmate greeted me with "Happy Invasion Day" (white guy, greek heritage while wearing an abo flag T shirt) upon surfacing from his cheeto infested, pizza box littered den of playstation FIFA & hip hop MC pipe dreams. Then he asked if he could steal my beers as he hadn't been arsed to go to the bottle shop.

I countered with "Happy Australia Day mate!. You can help yourself to as many as you need as long as you smoke this Australia Day joint with me"

Naturally, his principles went up in smoke.

Happy Australia Day Cunts. Tally ho!

The Australia Day thread

Quote: (01-25-2017 09:16 PM)Rocket75 Wrote:  

We will never have a national identity again. There are too many people with too many backgrounds with too many agenda's and it just goes on an on and on.

Celebrating our identity as a nation offends aborigines, muslims, anti-monarchists, gays who can't get married, vegans, uni students, JJJ faggots etc etc.

There's just not enough common ground. If people don't know how to come together as a country to begin with, it doesn't matter what date we change it to, or what name we call it, it will never be enough for some groups out there.

I don't know what any of them want anymore. Destroying everything we know and want as a civil society seems to be the only thing.

What National Identity is it that you speak of? Is it young Australians singing God Save the Queen during school assembly as was de rigueur until 1974? Was it ANZACs joining up in 1914 in the patriotic fervour of defending King and Country and fighting on behalf of British operations at Gallipoli or the Western Front? Or being deployed to Vietnam in 1965 to advance American ones on behalf of the ANZUS Treaty?

What is an Australian anyway? Do you have to have white skin that turns red in our radiant sunlight, have a name along the lines of Smith, Sullivan, MacRamsay, or Schneidereit, wear fluoro to work, drive a Holden V8, eat red meat meat everyday and vote the LNP or One Nation?

I don't have a drop of British, Irish, or German blood in me, and I wasn't born in Australia. I became one later one, have a job, pay my taxes, can relate to the national anthem and citizenship pledge (the lyrics and words which most Aussies don't know anyway), generally identify as an Australian to the hilt, have commemorated more than one Australia Day with poolside barbie with eh Triple J countdown*, vote, have worn a uniform with the Australian flag on the shoulder, and obey our laws. If Australia were ever under invaded, I wouldn't hesitate to defend it with my life, which is more than I can say for a "true blue" bogan Aussie who would jump on a boat to New Zealand. Does that make me Australian enough?

As much as the posters on this thread are in agreement that Australia is quintessentially a Western, and specifically British country (a feeling that I concur with), I do consider Australia my home, and don't feel that there is any other I can "go back to".

So at the end of the day, I don't believe that not having any European blood whatsoever disqualifies me as being Australian, but if my residence here (along with the other 20% of non-white Australians) is sullying our "Great National Identity", let me know.

* Which is the mostly apt way to celebrate our national day, a more fitting hallmark of the laid back nature of Aussies. When you consider that many other national days have their citizens coerced out to line the streets watching tanks and troops parading, I'd say we have it pretty damn chilled.

The Australia Day thread

Quote: (01-27-2017 02:47 AM)JWLZG Wrote:  

Quote: (01-25-2017 09:16 PM)Rocket75 Wrote:  

What National Identity is it that you speak of? Is it young Australians singing God Save the Queen during school assembly as was de rigueur until 1974? Was it ANZACs joining up in 1914 in the patriotic fervour of defending King and Country and fighting on behalf of British operations at Gallipoli or the Western Front? Or being deployed to Vietnam in 1965 to advance American ones on behalf of the ANZUS Treaty?

What is an Australian anyway? Do you have to have white skin that turns red in our radiant sunlight, have a name along the lines of Smith, Sullivan, MacRamsay, or Schneidereit, wear fluoro to work, drive a Holden V8, eat red meat meat everyday and vote the LNP or One Nation?

I don't have a drop of British, Irish, or German blood in me, and I wasn't born in Australia. I became one later one, have a job, pay my taxes, can relate to the national anthem and citizenship pledge (the lyrics and words which most Aussies don't know anyway), generally identify as an Australian to the hilt, have commemorated more than one Australia Day with poolside barbie with eh Triple J countdown*, vote, have worn a uniform with the Australian flag on the shoulder, and obey our laws. If Australia were ever under invaded, I wouldn't hesitate to defend it with my life, which is more than I can say for a "true blue" bogan Aussie who would jump on a boat to New Zealand. Does that make me Australian enough?

As much as the posters on this thread are in agreement that Australia is quintessentially a Western, and specifically British country (a feeling that I concur with), I do consider Australia my home, and don't feel that there is any other I can "go back to".

So at the end of the day, I don't believe that not having any European blood whatsoever disqualifies me as being Australian, but if my residence here (along with the other 20% of non-white Australians) is sullying our "Great National Identity", let me know.

* Which is the mostly apt way to celebrate our national day, a more fitting hallmark of the laid back nature of Aussies. When you consider that many other national days have their citizens coerced out to line the streets watching tanks and troops parading, I'd say we have it pretty damn chilled.

Nah your Identity is alright, I just think your tampon needs changing is all.

The Australia Day thread

I don't think a white ethno-nationalist Australia is likely to ever happen thankfully. That ship sailed a long time ago and to be honest its not something I want to see happen because of the relationships I have with guys that are exactly like me except for their race.

Still I would like to see more mono-culturalism here. I don't mind respectful sub-cultures, but we need to redevelop a strong vast majority base of western values within our populace to maintain a high trust society. Basically people acting like Aussies in public. I don't give a shit what they do in private as long as they don't do anything insurgent.

Not like the current 'let everyone in' bullshit that the elites push for virtue signaling, tax generation and 'economic' reasons. I wonder if the govt is retarded enough to believe people are economically and socially fungible despite their background or they simply don't care as they live in gated communities.

tldr; Stop letting people in from shitholes

The Australia Day thread

^Amen to that. One of the least defensible positions of the left is that all cultures are equal and should be respected as such.

Yet ask any of them if the local Australian-Somalians should be able to practice female genital mutilation on their 13 year old daughters as custom demands and they will suddenly jump into their safe space and call you a racist until you go away.

As for whether being white is a pre-requisite, obviously not. But the reality is that most non-white immigrants are not coming here because they want to embrace Australian culture. I spent many years dealing with them and they seem to regard us with nothing but contempt through to hatred. Even the arrogant poms are more tolerable.

For the few that genuinely want to fit in rather than working to change it into the place they left? Those people are more than welcome in my opinion. I'm married to one in fact.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

The Australia Day thread

Quote: (01-26-2017 09:08 PM)Windom Earle Wrote:  

How's that plane crash on the Swan river in Perth yesterday, killing pilot and passenger (girlfriend) on impact.

Wonder what they'll do with all the unused fireworks since the festivities were canned.

I also wonder if the pilot performed an extra risky manoeuvre to impress the girl (or at her request).

WB (pre-crash) by the way.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.9news....swan-river

Based on the pictures I suspect he got a little too flashy, went 90 degrees into a turn and stalled the thing. Would have dropped out of the sky like a rock.

The Australia Day thread

I have the same general sentiment as you guys, but I'm not sure of the best way to convey it.

How would you respond to, 'It's not hurting you to change the date, why don't you do it out of compassion?'

Besides the waste of taxpayer dollars and parliament time, how would you argue this?

The Australia Day thread

"It doesn't hurt you to change your socks, but if I called you an asshole 7 days a week and then demanded you change your socks you'd tell me to fuck off...

sooo....

...fuck off!"

Or are you looking for something diplomatic?

If so, you're best of counter-questioning. "Do you think anyone unhappy with Australia Day is going to be happy if we change it? Or are they going to be momentarily smug before finding some other patriotic 'atrocity' to scream about?"

The Australia Day thread

I'm looking for something a little more 'persuasive.'

The Australia Day thread

Quote: (01-27-2017 04:12 AM)glugger Wrote:  

I have the same general sentiment as you guys, but I'm not sure of the best way to convey it.

How would you respond to, 'It's not hurting you to change the date, why don't you do it out of compassion?'

Besides the waste of taxpayer dollars and parliament time, how would you argue this?

Australia Day, like ANZAC Day is one of the very few traditional national and cultural celebrations that we have in this country. Removing it via Year Zero nonsense will weaken the already tenuous and dwindling bond that we have to each other as Australians.

Getting Australians to celebrate it on another date is the cultural equivalent of 'Happy Holidays'. Its cultural erasure and subversion.

Still none of this is understandable to your typical progressive for whom 'niceness' and 'kindness' is the only noble goal. National unity and its benefits pale for them in comparison to the gains from virtue signaling and 'being a good person' when they give the complainers what they want.

You'll have to use rhetoric to change their minds, but I'm not experienced in that so I can't help you.