rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Istanbul : Tinder matches ratio

I've been quite disappointed by the number of tinder matches one can get in Instanbul, and was wondering what was your experience in this city for you guys.

I've done some Tinder experiments with 3 different profiles in Istanbul, using fakegps :

- profile A : quite good looking white guy, brown hair, with good photos. Age 25 (tooks pics from facebook).
- profile B : model looking brown guy from http://cuteinstagramboys.tumblr.com. Age 31.
- profile C : model looking blond white guy from http://cuteinstagramboys.tumblr.com. Age 31.

Here are the results :

INSTANBUL
A) quite good looking white guy : 6 matches / 2.5 days --> ratio 2.4
B) model looking brown guy : 6 matches / 2.5 days --> ratio 2.4
C) model looking blond white guy : 11 matches / 1.5 days --> ratio 7.3

One can the that the blond guy clearly had an advantage, but quite disappointing compared to Paris. I did before the same test in Paris (which is supposed to be a hard city, from my experience) :

PARIS
A) quite good looking white guy : 28 matches / 3 days --> ratio 9.3
B) model looking brown guy : 25 matches / 2 days --> ratio 12.5
(no data for C)

One can see the match ratio in Paris is a lot higher than in Istanbul. The quality was higher for A. Nonetheless, NO chick did the 1rst move on A, while about 10 chicks did the 1rst move on B, some proposing to meet at once.

Are Istanbul women just VERY picky, or is there some type of guy they particulary like?

I'm especially looking at @20Nation, who wrote an article on his website saying how easily he banged many hot women from Istanbul on Tinder.

For the moment, and given the data from other rvf members about Turkey, I am quite sceptical.

no, there is just deep value to being different.

Robert Cialdini talks about this in one of his books, I think it was Pre-suasion but it might have been the middle one.

Basically, you have to differentiate yourself. In a culture where dark hair is the norm, blonde hair stands out. You still have to be quality, but you get more demand than being like everyone else.

In Asia, I would expect there is value to being fair skinned or tall.

In some white countries, there is value to being black - check out the Zagreb thread.

Quote: (01-24-2017 01:15 PM)Hypno Wrote:  

no, there is just deep value to being different.

Robert Cialdini talks about this in one of his books, I think it was Pre-suasion but it might have been the middle one.

Basically, you have to differentiate yourself. In a culture where dark hair is the norm, blonde hair stands out. You still have to be quality, but you get more demand than being like everyone else.

In Asia, I would expect there is value to being fair skinned or tall.

In some white countries, there is value to being black - check out the Zagreb thread.

I agree with what you say, and it concurs with the tinder stats.

But my question was more like "what's the best profile in Istanbul to have plenty of matches?" (or "how do i make myself different in Instanbul?"). We can see there are way less matches in Istanbul than in Paris.

need a bigger sample size, but blonde hair, tall. not sure about age; would depend on what you are fishing for; I would add 5-7 to your target's age.

what do you plan to do, dye your hair, get plastic surgery and lifts?

I'm asking for guys that did have some experience in Istanbul, not for someone to make assumptions based from reading my data [Image: wink.gif]

There's already a thread solely dedicated to Tinder.

thread-19115.html

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

Your problem is that you're doing it with a free Tinder for 1-2 days.

Free tinder sucks. If you pay your results will be different.

The results could reflect how good looking the dudes pic you stole.

Its hard to get three different dues all equal looking, so it may not be the blonde/brown thats getting different results.

ie unscientific test

If you'd like, and also because of my own curiosity, I can set my tinder to Istanbul for a couple of days and report back the results. Let me know.

@monster 2 days is plenty enough to get an overview of Tinder rates in a city. After 24 hours the rates are steady.

@RatInTheWoods you can't be 100% scientific about things like that. The goal of this experiment is to know if it's POSSIBLE for some guys to bang plenty of Turkish bitches from Tinder, and if yes what kind of photos they have.

@StackGsMan with pleasure man, tell me your data if you do it, so I can add them on the thread.

Quote: (01-25-2017 05:54 AM)Zebra Wrote:  

@monster 2 days is plenty enough to get an overview of Tinder rates in a city. After 24 hours the rates are steady.

No its not. The tinder algorithm is more sophisticated than you think and skewed against free users (men at least).

I had a lot of good quality matches in Istanbul. It surprised me.

Im dark haired/dark eyes, could pass as turkish.

But honestly its a bit weird to do these extended multiprofile spoofing experiments.

Being the author of that article, and since Scotian let me know about this thread, I'll tell you where i think you went wrong. First, you never actually went there. Second, the problem with these types of studies is that it doesn't take into account the whole picture. When i put my tinder to parts of Ukraine, I match with over 90% of the girls. The % of my matches I sleep with? Like less than 3%. When you turn tinder on in a city as big as istanbul and you get a match, you have matched with the type of girl who is specifically looking for what you have to offer.

There are a lot of Turkish girls who don't speak English, there are many others who have so much cultural pressure to date another Muslim that they can't realistically think about dating a non-muslim. However, in Istanbul, the most European city in the Muslim world, you have a city that a lot of the girls who are rebelling against their muslim upbringing flock to. So, when you match with a girl in Istanbul, you are most likely matching with a girl who could be from any arab country that you can sleep with. The matches you get in Istanbul are solid, as long as you invest a bit in the conversation.

I have spent a lot of time and effort on my collection of Tinder pictures. I'm not blonde, I have dark brown hair. I had about 10 matches a day (about as many as you can realistically have conversations with) and by joking around with the girls, a very high percentage of my matches were very interested in meeting and sleeping with me. You don't need a lot of matches to get laid. You only need one. When you do online dating the right way, that one match you get, you can meet and lay.

Quote: (01-25-2017 09:52 AM)monster Wrote:  

Quote: (01-25-2017 05:54 AM)Zebra Wrote:  

No its not. The tinder algorithm is more sophisticated than you think and skewed against free users (men at least).

This is really it.

OP, you are not more wise than the Tinder algorythim, it is real and actively tries to surpress male users. So you need to know this and understnad this so you don't get hamperd by it.

Using free tinder and a GPS spoof is silly becuase Tinder can sometimes spot when you use a GPS spoof and will toss your Tinder profile to the bottom which means already picky women in general won't even see it.

You have to pay for Tinder Plus and then you can use thier own GPS adjuster to scope out new cities. This at least gives you a fair chance to get seen by the local girls and will at least give you a more better chance at collecting Intel on places.

@monster
Free Tinder doesn't suck. I can get 50 matches for free in the phils after 12 hours.

@Beirut
Glad you had success there. But thats pretty funny to say this experiment is weird, given what this whole forum is about.

@20Nation
Could be less flake in Turkey, yeah. But the quality of chicks i got with the blonde profile was not good. Usually quality is in pair with quantity of matches:
2 matches / day --> ugly girls
10 matches / day --> ok girls, maybe a few outliers
100 matches / day --> many cute girls in the lot
As for the fact of being in a muslim country, i've been to Jakarta, and even though i got a lot of matches, they do flake to some extent. They know what they want (foreigner dick), but they always have choice. You can game your way out to optimize your convertion ratio, but usually it's the number of matches that's gonna make the difference. Istanbul moreover has a lot of foreigners supply.

@kosko
Never had a problem with fakegps on Tinder. Maybe cause i use an older version of tinder.

Try out Rome. I'm here right now and fooking rough.

Quote: (01-25-2017 04:15 PM)Zebra Wrote:  

@monster
Free Tinder doesn't suck. I can get 50 matches for free in the phils after 12 hours.

@kosko
Never had a problem with fakegps on Tinder. Maybe cause i use an older version of tinder.

Zebra's matches in philly
[Image: horrible-tinder-profiles-0.jpg?quality=8...info&w=600]

[Image: biggrin.gif][Image: biggrin.gif][Image: biggrin.gif]

Quote: (01-25-2017 04:15 PM)Zebra Wrote:  

@monster

@Beirut
Glad you had success there. But thats pretty funny to say this experiment is weird, given what this whole forum is about.

@20Nation
Could be less flake in Turkey, yeah. But the quality of chicks i got with the blonde profile was not good. Usually quality is in pair with quantity of matches:
2 matches / day --> ugly girls
10 matches / day --> ok girls, maybe a few outliers
100 matches / day --> many cute girls in the lot
As for the fact of being in a muslim country, i've been to Jakarta, and even though i got a lot of matches, they do flake to some extent. They know what they want (foreigner dick), but they always have choice. You can game your way out to optimize your convertion ratio, but usually it's the number of matches that's gonna make the difference. Istanbul moreover has a lot of foreigners supply.

@kosko

Indonesia is one of the easiest countries in the world. Of course it wont be like that. It may be muslim but its still SEA. If you are only swiping right on hot girls, what does matches per day have to do with their attractiveness?

So far pretty mediocre results. Only two matches, but they were cute.

Those are pretty bad results. The only way to do it right would be to use tinder plus and do an auto like on every profile in the city from each account. You can do this with flamite.com. You do not need to pay for tinder plus three times. Just make sure all profiles are the same age so it's the same price point and if you purchase tinder plus for a second account from the same google play store account it will say it charged you but it actually won't since you already paid once. Just don't do it for a different age because under 30 costs 1/2 as much and you will be charged again.

When I was in Istanbul I had really bad results with tinder. I'm using tinder plus and sometimes I get 5 hot matches a day in cities which I consider tough and where I cannot differentiate myself. In Istanbul I got maybe one match in about a week. I didn't make too many swipes though because for every hot girl I use a superlike. That means I did about 10 swipes a day for girls I'm interested in.

I'm in early 30s and by no means I am dark or look Turkish but everyone in Istanbul for some reason thinks I'm Turkish.

I read the same article by @20Nation and made a conclusion that I should have stronger tinder profile. It was obvious to me that there are many girls who don't speak English and under cultural pressure to date Muslims. But now since @20Nation mentioned it in this thread it occurred to me that maybe I should have also tried bigger pool size by doing more right swipes to get around these difficulties.

It's weird, even the model type guys B and C didn't match very cute girls. There are a ton of good looking turkish bitches on tinder, I wonder who they match with then. Maybe they are looking for marriage there lol

Don't have paid tinder at the moment, otherwise I would do a comparison for Istanbul.

But man, if you think tinder isn't penalizing GPS spoofing you are fooling yourself. The reason you are getting so few matches is that girls are not even seeing your profile.

Want proof? You got only fifty matches in the Phils! This is what being an average looking white guy should be like in Phils:

[Image: dbeb203aba.png]

50 matches is what you should be getting in 5 minutes!

Nevermind the quality of the girls, you are suposed to look at the ones who messaged you first, filter out ugly/SIF/ladybous, and select a dozen to tell them to come straight to your place.

And I was using an autoliker, which is also heavily penalized by tinder. However a good autoliker is much more subtle and harder to detect than GPS spoofing, detecting GPS spoofing could be done by an intern in a dozen lines of code, and tinder can afford much more than that.

And that is done server side, so it doesn't matter if you are using an old version of tinder.

Can you get laid without paying for tinder? sure, but don't fool yourself.

I love this kind of experiments though, this kind of thing is hilarious:

http://www.tinderseduction.com/male-mode...ase-study/

Best opener ever:
anal?

This kind of stuff really opens your eyes at how the online dating market works.

Quote: (01-29-2017 05:09 AM)Stallion Wrote:  

Don't have paid tinder at the moment, otherwise I would do a comparison for Istanbul.

But man, if you think tinder isn't penalizing GPS spoofing you are fooling yourself. The reason you are getting so few matches is that girls are not even seeing your profile.

Want proof? You got only fifty matches in the Phils! This is what being an average looking white guy should be like in Phils:

[Image: dbeb203aba.png]

50 matches is what you should be getting in 5 minutes!

Nevermind the quality of the girls, you are suposed to look at the ones who messaged you first, filter out ugly/SIF/ladybous, and select a dozen to tell them to come straight to your place.

And I was using an autoliker, which is also heavily penalized by tinder. However a good autoliker is much more subtle and harder to detect than GPS spoofing, detecting GPS spoofing could be done by an intern in a dozen lines of code, and tinder can afford much more than that.

And that is done server side, so it doesn't matter if you are using an old version of tinder.

Can you get laid without paying for tinder? sure, but don't fool yourself.

I love this kind of experiments though, this kind of thing is hilarious:

http://www.tinderseduction.com/male-mode...ase-study/

Best opener ever:
anal?

This kind of stuff really opens your eyes at how the online dating market works.

Nice matches!

It seems that Tinder free limits you to around 50-60 matches per cycle (100 swipes right). The cycle will renew after 12 hours. So when I said 50 matches in 12 hours, what I meant was in 1 cycle. I didn't actually have to wait a full 12 hours to get the 50 matches.

I also did an experiment in Manila with a pinay guy profile (good looking). He also got 50 matches / 1 cycle. But the quality was low (almost only bad looking girls). Looks like even pinay guys can bang easily there as long as they can buy a smartphone haha.

As for the fakegps, well the only way to know if they also detect server-side, is to try tinder free while being in the phils, with the same pictures than with gps spoofing....

I've never gotten why people use auto-likers. Do you not just end up with massive amounts of matches with average to ugly girls? I've used Tinder in lots of countries and 10 minutes of manual swiping on only actually attractive girls generally gets more matches to message than I ever have time to do.

(I'm not model looking or anything either, completely average facially but I just have a decently selected group of pictures on my profile after learning from the Tinder thread here and past experiences).